1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Dear r* (regarding overall female clothing choices)

Quinn_flower
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quinn_flower

• Commander S

• xDatxJunkyx

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 2016 and you have yet add knee high boots with real black leggings not that crap u gave us. Went to log on today and saw my knee high outfit was patched.....smh. Like seriously maybe now based

Uh-oh! I had a feeling you'd be on the warpath very quickly!   All valid points, I think the problem now is they made the game clothes be shared between males/females so they could have similar item

This thread is about disappointing choice of clothing and customization in an open world sandbox game with both PvP and PvE activities, where you can create your own character. Maybe everyone should c

I've been digging into the files and so far there are no new clothing items. So there won't be any dripfeed i guess. About the body paints, they could easily add those but currently they are exclusive to the ped version of the MP models.

19 minutes ago, Quinn_flower said:

Real money?? No don't do it

Not like that - I don't mean "Dear R*: if we give all buy a Megalodon card each, will you make a clothing DLC, pretty please?"... :pp

I ...look, I'll run this by Coleco first, and see if there are any big flaws with this (admittedly f***ing stupid) idea, because Coleco works in a profession relevant to what I'm suggesting. Lemme brainstorm this, and if it's actually doable, I'll say more...

Pretty huge disappointment and not just clothing wise. This feels like they are giving us the finger, especially since the wrote in the patch notes that it's over 250 new clothing items. Reskins don't qualify as new and even those they can't do right, there's still blurry stretched textures on different items.

125 pages, and every one of them is worth nothing to R*. They don't care anymore, clearly. AH update was meant to be fresh and different from the militarized garbage we've seen from Gunrunning to Doomsday Heist. Yet here we are, with a dozen of recolored clothes from previous updates. It's embarrassing how R* is out of touch these days and how they aren't willing to do something our community wants so much, and what could really help to revitalize the game, just a tiny bit.

They didn't even bother ading some retextured dresses from Valentine's Day Massacre, since the shorter ones would surely fit the clubbing theme perfectly.

Edited by Nihilist.

seems alot of people are pissed at r* for dropping the ball on the female side....

can we get kokau or a good youtuber to cover this....maybe r* will listen since everyone is pissed about the clothing. 

I am a male that plays as two different female characters. Wanted a third and fourth as male but oh well. The stupid slots are locked.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...loudly:

ALL, I repeat ALL clothing items and accessories that the NPCs wear should be available for the OPCs to wear by either buying them in stores, unlocks or stealing them. NO glitches or mission tricks required or mods required. PERIOD.

If I want my female to wear the short mini dress that some hookers wear that has the low cut back and cleavage baring lace up front then I should be able to have it. The same with the spaghetti strap midi dress I've seen some females wear in the nicer neighborhoods. And this includes the dental floss thong/g-string that Nikki and Infernus the strippers wear along with their stripper boots.  I've seen the hookers wearing see through pants that reveal a black thong underneath. I want both of those. Anything the hookers and strippers wear I want.

PUFFER JACKETS!

PUFFER JACKETS EVERYWHERE!

Seriously, though, it's nice to have a white version of the padded biker jacket, but ... ehhhhh ...

• Like 2

Im so dissapointed by the clothing in this DLC, it's unbelivable. And of course no new haircuts...

I want one of these white dresses the npc's in the club are wearing. Come on :r*:give us the good stuff already. And some long hairstyles.

After i entered the clothing shop today all i could think of was this emoji :facedesk:i mean this time it's a new low.

If they haven’t changed their ways regarding the clothing/hair for ladies in an update like this, I sincerely doubt they will in the future. :(

Hell, I’d be pretty happy if they just tweaked the lazily ported clothes from the male model to actually FIT the ladies. 

Edited by SiIence

I keep looking at the hair and the outfits the NPCs have and hoping it's just a teaser of what's to come. :( *Surely* they can't be that mean to dangle all the goods in front of our noses like this and not deliver. It's... right there! Gimme! :(

Getting really tired of putting up with R*'s f*cking bullsh*t here, I'll give em one last chance then I'm all outta hope, not that I had much to begin with. 

For the record: Anyone who's hosting any campaign to fix this sh*t I'm totally up to support it.

I'm equally disappointed as everyone here. Reskins of crappy clothes that have no theme to the DLC.

I wonder if the devs at R* are just that lazy or they have a bunch of fresh out of college SJW's working there that must think it's sexist to actually produce nice looking clothes for our women characters. I feel like R* just spat in my face (again).

I've spent way too much money on this game for mediocre items.

EDIT: And don't get me started on how they butchered the scuba wet suit. Absolutely ridiculous that she has muscular man pecs when you put it on a female character. 

Edited by memoryfoam
1 hour ago, SiIence said:

If they haven’t changed their ways regarding the clothing/hair for ladies in an update like this, I sincerely doubt they will in the future. :(

Hell, I’d be pretty happy if they just tweaked the lazily ported clothes from the male model to actually FIT the ladies. 

I agree, I'm shocked they gave us the cat suits. And how about the way they did with the scuba wet suit? That was pure laziness.

2 hours ago, Dinosbacsi said:

Ah yes, more baggy jackets to make our girls look like men. We sure do love those, don't we?

Oh man, I can't put into words how much I truly hate the low-crotch leather pants. Never in my life have I seen a woman in real life wear low-crotch leather pants. It's not even a novel concept.

9 hours ago, Cammie said:

I am not a developer/programmer, but is it such a difficult, money and time wasting, to throw in the code some new clothes? For what I could understand reading the forums, the GTAO engine is old, so some major tweaks and improvement to the characters models and their props are impossible. I am fine with that. But. Since they made new 3D models for clothing in past DLCs, why, I ask, why in the more fashion-friendly of all of them ("I love narcisism") they totally wasted this occasion?

New cars, armored, weaponized stuff need a lot more of work, so they can justify their GTA$ high price. Clothing always came as almost free stuff in every DLC, so it means it isn't a big deal to develop. Then why let us down like this. I am 100% sure someone from R* read this thread. I can't find other explaination than laziness. I am very sad. I wasn't hyped, I swear. But this is so sub par i can't find the words.

Laziness is right. I feel like R* trolled us. And they just sit back and laugh about it.

9 hours ago, Quinn_flower said:

what have we been battling for two years....this was the update that was going to fit with what we requested for and what we get half assed sh*t.

The more I see how many of you are as baffled as me, it's making me mad and not just dissatisfied with how R* wasted yet another opportunity.

10 hours ago, Retroview1955 said:

It's become clear how Rockstar thinks. They will keep adding ridiculous weaponized vehicles to the game (seriously, why the hell is there an A-10 in a nightclub DLC????) because little kids keep pestering their crack head parents for money and they give it to them so they can smoke more crack! Rockstar probably has the know how to do it, but it seems the payout isn't enough for them to just make simply female outfits! Shame on them.

It's equally frustrating that this game is for 18 and up but they cater to the underage base more than anything. Its so ass backwards.

12 hours ago, ShimmerDoll said:

They didn't even get any of the GOOD popular djs, just crap ones they like. Deborah De Luca would have crushed any of these djs they got. The whole thing is sad. This was like the dlc that WOULD have had the stockings, the tights, working with dresses and boots and heels all lined up and they totally missed the mark. It's so sad. Even saints row got this stuff right. Modders get it right. And then in these clubs you see some npcs wearing the stuff I want to wear and many others I am sure wanted to.  They gave the bikers their stuff, they gave the aircraft people their vehicles and tons of other stuff that was wishlisted but simple clothing they couldn't do it. FU rockstar.

Saints Row definitely got the clothes and hair styles right. Almost perfect, almost. R* should take a que from that game.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, ILL said:

I'm feeling the leather jackets and new track jackets.. the missing addition of hi-top canvas shoes bummed me out a bit, not gonna lie.

thats the only good thing about it. the new padded jackets....everything feels like its made for kids or tweens.......

5 minutes ago, Quinn_flower said:

thats the only good thing about it. the new padded jackets....everything feels like its made for kids or tweens.......

I like the shorts. Look nice with vest shirts. 

the skirts are meh, cardigans are awful... I might give the camisoles a whirl. 

but in general, they dropped the ball so hard. I cant NOT repeat myself.

12 hours ago, REXX said:

Anyone else noticed that they didn't add matching bikini bottoms for the tops?

PS: love the update, but still pissed about those shorts.

Seriously!? I didnt get a chance to check before work, I just assumed and gave them 1 point (on my imaginary scoreboard). That's just dumb.

-"Think we should add matching bottoms?"

-"no man, jackets. Jackets are where it's at, can't have enough jackets. They need jackets, yo. Hoodies, sweaters, parkas, and Jackets, JacKetS, JACKETS!!! You know, nightclub attire!"

Idk, is it too low to launch a political attack on R*? Like "R* Games hates its female fans and their supporters! Evidenced by completely ignoring their cries for equal opprotunity in fashion. Men have received their wishlist desires whether it be Ellie, Nightclubs, the Hunter, Deluxo, yachts, or A10s, all without a single Kotaku article!"

..or as someone else suggested (totally beating me to the punch)

"Rockstar games is pushing an anti-gender agenda that forces all players to express themselves in unisex clothing. Clearly, Rockstar believes there are no genders and are puppeteering your children to hate themselves!"

I know, I know, and I never would. But I walk around my club and it's like "well, they clearly know women exist and the women's clothing is a thing. Gosh, they sure put a lot of thought into the female NPC'S!"

I dont know where we go from here. We could start a "Dear r*" letter campaign. If your reading this and you hate these garbage clothes, please send at least one message to R * games saying so titled "Dear R*..."

Or, maybe an even more comprehensive clothing thread with a few polls at the top like "would you prefer gender specific clothing styles or unisex?"

Then have "mens clothing" with a few options, "womens clothing" with some options, "formal, casual, tactical, pink, hip-hop" ect. Idk, I would leave the the polling options to better minds than mine. Just some desperate ideas, it's a jumping off point. 

Though I do think it might be more coincidence than evidence, the biker community put out a pretty good video. Maybe something that focuses on well dressed femme fatales from cinema and tv contrasted against our options? Just spit-balling.

Edited by MisFit-138
  • Like 3

I could always imagine someone doing a video like...

"Dear r* why is it that you can dress like a PVP edgelord better than you can a normal NPC on the street?"

"Dear r* why is it that NPCs have articles of clothing that WE dont?"

"Dear r* blah blach bksaldkajssajlfalkjs"

and then they would jump into the 'meat of the coconut' "for x amount of years GTA has seen numerous updates, many of which contained various pieces of clothing, some good many of them not." (Explain your position.) 

It'd be nice if different people said the 'dear r*' part. 

Even better, if someone mimiced our detractors and called us 'Gay' for caring about wanting to dress good and that this isn't the sims or something, then we would go on to say that "customization has become integral to online gaming". blah blahj aihslajks o

Edited by xDatxJunkyx
Quotations.
  • Like 4

Im just disappointed they put more time and effort in npcs over our characters. Also surprised the pc folk havent brought the dancing npcs into better light.

• Like 2

I keep the same outfit for ages. Had the cop outfit for months, the suit for much longer. Point is I'm really not bothered by clothing - and even I can see that they dropped the ball in a big way here.

This really put it in my head.

798a7715 39e0 4790 9ea4 1b5f9113ed04

I mean, come on. If that girl can wear stuff like that, have longer hair (I think?), etc. - well you get the point. They're just rubbing it in people's faces at this point.

I'm thankful for the A-10 and drones (probably unpopular here, but meh). A massive amount of other stuff could be scrapped though in my opinion (like the flying bike with explosive cannon, that kind of insultingly stupid stuff), and replaced with a ton of clothing, maybe a few more cars for the car guys.

12 hours ago, Retroview1955 said:

It's become clear how Rockstar thinks. They will keep adding ridiculous weaponized vehicles to the game (seriously, why the hell is there an A-10 in a nightclub DLC????) because little kids keep pestering their crack head parents for money and they give it to them so they can smoke more crack! Rockstar probably has the know how to do it, but it seems the payout isn't enough for them to just make simply female outfits! Shame on them.

Aren't you that guy who's constantly telling people off for criticising anything, telling them they're "entitled"* (self-entitled*), telling people it's free and they have to put up with it, etc.?

Edited by Happy Hunter
  • Like 3