Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,482 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

SpriteFan274

GTA CW Special Vehicle Guide

Gabriel_175

In the link that SpriteFan274 posted or just let the Bp Zhouboat destroy the Destroyer but still keep close enough to the Zhouboat not to shoot you or lose sight of it.

SpriteFan274

I look forward to seeing Videos on the Unique/BP Destroyer and Zhouboat.

Same here. I don't know how to get these vehicles so I am waiting for a video to be eventually posted so I can continue my save.

Is there any written tutorial that anyone can link me to? I cant find neither video or written online.

There is a Video about it...

Reason why I don't want this in the Guide is because it uses CheatDevice and the Method is easily understandable when seeing the Video...

Though, when you put a Boat in a Garage in CW, you can't get it out and neither can you get Huang out. It's basically just a piece of Junk that you can't really use once you obtain it.

just do it bob3

There is a Video about it...

Idk how you found that video. I spent a full hour searching for some kind of guide and nothing came up. It really doesn't matter to me that I cant take the boat out, I still will most likely collect it anyway.

Edited by just do it bob1

SpriteFan274

http://gtaforums.com/topic/841301-gta-cw-special-vehicle-guide/?p=1069741017

http://gtaforums.com/topic/841301-gta-cw-special-vehicle-guide/?p=1069788256

In this FIVE PAGE Topic the same Video was linked THREE TIMES (two times before you asked for it), it's not a Video which is buried in a 100 Page Topic so you can't find it. Besides, if you google "gta cw bp destroyer" you'll get the Video immediately as your first Suggestion... So I don't know how you spent an hour searching for a Video which can easily be found.

I have to change it to "Unique/AP Destroyer" in the Guide as it's AP, but clearly only BP gets saved on it. I'm not sure if it counts for the Zhouboat too.

just do it bob3

For the H/AP comet, when I jump out of the boat that Henston is driving, Heston always ends up dying before he makes it to the jetty where the comet is. Am I doing something wrong? I did everything the guide told me to do (written and video) I'm playing on PSP.

SpriteFan274

For the H/AP comet, when I jump out of the boat that Henston is driving, Heston always ends up dying before he makes it to the jetty where the comet is. Am I doing something wrong? I did everything the guide told me to do (written and video) I'm playing on PSP.

You have to exit the Cruiser at the same moment as you see in the Video and wait. Sometimes Heston's Cruiser Boat will explode and sometimes not, though about 85% of the time it won't.

You have to keep retrying...

just do it bob3

You have to exit the Cruiser at the same moment as you see in the Video and wait. Sometimes Heston's Cruiser Boat will explode and sometimes not, though about 85% of the time it won't.

You have to keep retrying...

I have now had about 9 retries and no luck. I'm gonna continue trying but I'm beginning to lose a lot of hope.

Edit: I got it. It took me like 11 tries (it really shouldn't have), but I have it!

SpriteFan274

See? I told you it's not hard... I never had any Problems with the H/AP Comet, though I'd suppose that 8 out of 10 times the Cruiser won't explode. When I got the Comet, the Cruiser got almost 3/4 Damage once it parked at Colony Island.

Also, have fun with the Minigun with Infinite Ammo and be sure not to change it accidently with a Flamethrower or RPG... You can actually get the Minigun with Infinite Ammo along with passing Salt in the Wounds, without the Comet of course...

I like to fail Salt in the Wounds after getting the H/AP Comet and get a 6 Star Wanted Level as then it pushes the Rhinos out like they're butter, some even explode from ramming it constantly...

just do it bob3

Also, have fun with the Minigun with Infinite Ammo and be sure not to change it accidently with a Flamethrower or RPG...

Believe me, last night; I had a complete field day with that Minigun. You are practically untouchable while using it :cool:

SpriteFan274
Posted (edited)

Good news everyone. I busted the Myth of the Zhouboat! It's surely obtainable! Thanks for Gabriel for explaining the Zhouboat in his old Unique Vehicles Topic in CW as it helped me. I recorded Zhouboat Videos and uploaded them for the CW Guide and for everyone who wants to obtain it.

During Torpedo Run, there's the Unique/BP Zhouboat and a Unique Zhouboat which is not BP. But the UNique/BP one needs Failure while the Unique one can be obtained with Pass. The reason for this is Mission Cleanup, which means that passing a Mission removes the Properties of it, though I'm not too sure about it 100%-ly.

Well, it's a Trophy Special Vehicle as you can't really use it afterwards. Still worth it.

- When chasing the Zhouboat, make sure the Triads inside the Zhouboat destroy the Destroyer so the Mission fails, then get into the Zhouboat if it hasn't vanished. You need to be very close to it and push the Zhouboat when they blow it up. I think it's actually BP/DP or AP, but I'm not too sure. Enter it, beach it, push it to a Garage.

- This one is the Zhouboat docked at the Pier on Colony Island. You can enter it, beach and push it to a Garage. Then go back and destroy the Burrito along with the Triads, your Zhouboat will be only Unique though and not BP.

In both Videos, I used the BOABO Safehouse and the AutoMerchant Location to beach the Zhouboats, in a Failed Attempt of mine, I used another Location and the dumb thing went up in the Air flying, which was hilarious so I had to upload it.

Right after the Zhouboat Failed Attempt I saw this thing in Sea Traffic:

h4vpJZy.png

I think the Destroyer is not Unique as it simply spawned there casually on the Ocean. If, by any chance, the Traffic Destroyers are not BP, then the BP Destroyer will be Special.

This is NOT the Destroyer from the actual Mission, it literally spawned right there once I was walking up and down trying to search for the Unique Zhouboat which went flying, and it was nowhere to be found.

Next one to record and study is the Destroyer. Then the Gumshoe/Fists/Mel's Burrito etc.
Edited by SpriteFan274

just do it bob3
Posted (edited)

Next one to record and study is the Destroyer. Then the Gumshoe/Fists/Mel's Burrito etc.

Honestly, I want an easier method for obtaining the gumshoe. It's almost impossible to obtain it as of right now, still possible but its extremely difficult.

SpriteFan274

Unique Gumshoe is obtainable!!!!!!!!!!! Only on PSP though...

6IVPW7D.png

Start the Mission Sources for the first time, not via Replay. As soon as you exit the News Building, follow the Gumshoe and exit Mel's Burrito, grab a fast Vehicle. The Mission will soon fail and you will be following the Gumshoe.

Now, the Driver will speed off eventhough it's a slowass Van. You need to ram it and pin it so that the Driver gets out. Now simply push it into a Garage and have it stored.

But good luck not losing the Gumshoe and good luck getting the Driver get out. It seems random but he will sometimes get out, most of the time not. It's luck based garbage in other words.

Oh and be very careful when pushing it back to a Garage, since the Gumshoe will be quite damaged then... So very carefully push it while CW's Aggressive Traffic annoys you and risks blowing the Gumshoe up.

Interestingly, normally it can't be taken to the Garage as it's "too big", and it can't be taken to PnS either since it's "too big."

sNPKKYv.png

While testing this damn thing, I should say that I pinned it quite nice there lol, but the Gumshoe Driver was Huang himself with Brown Pants. Weird... This reminds me on how you can Duplicate Carl in SA during End of the Line and during Management Issues.

It doesn't seem to be obtainable during Scrambled as you're instructed to blow the Van up, thus there is no way to fail the Mission to even attempt getting it.

just do it bob1

For obtaining the gumshoe, (I'm gonna create a new save until I reach this particular mission) I have to use the bypass chevrons trick in order to store it, correct?

That's gonna be extremely difficult to get in the garage and not damage it.

SpriteFan274

Well, just consult my Video about the Unique Gumshoe.

The Hardest Part is getting the Gumshoe Driver to exit the Gumshoe Van. It looks easy in the Video, but 99% of the time the Driver won't exit at all and the Gumshoe will just blow up before he exits.

Pushing it is easy IF you do it in a Specific Way. You need to push it up a bit, then reverse, continue. If you keep pushing into it, then the Gumshoe will get damaged. If you push and reverse and continue, it won't get damaged at all.

The Chevron Trick on it isn't difficult at all, it's kind of like the Pushing.

just do it bob1
Posted (edited)

Chevron is difficult for me. My game has a glitch where when I push it into the garage, my car gets stuck in the BP or U vehicle. When this occurs, I have to get out of this stuck state which sometimes pushes the car I'm trying to store outside the garage a little bit.

EDIT: also, I tend to be a bit of an idiot and get a little cocky, because I sometimes tend to drive too far in, get sucked into the garage, and then the special vehicle gets stuck in the garage door.

Lethal Vaccine

Yeah, this is awesome about the Unique/BP Zhouboat. Also that Unique Gumshoe. Too bad the Gumshoe is PSP Only, though.

I am not sure if I would want to do a 2nd CW Save, though. I would really be scraping the barrel and there is not much left for me to obtain. Doing a WHOLE Save just doesn't seem worth it to be yet. Maybe if more is found I would do a 2nd 100% Save.

I wish I knew a way to record on iOS as I would do a Special Vehicle Guide for CW like I did III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, and TBoGT already. V is also coming eventually, too...