2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

imdabeast2114

Why So Much Hate?

imdabeast2114

Why is there so much hate for Rockstar and GTA V? I know there are plenty of things that could be improved but I love this game, probably more than ANY other game, but thats my personal opinion. Why do some of you guys have so much hate for R*? I mean, you guys are on the GTa Forums for christ sake. Yes, they do some "wrong" things imo that could be fixed, but they are still the creators of my favorite game.

Shadowfennekin

Because of their anti-fun rule

.Vooodu.

Its hard to HATE R*

R* is not a person.

Some of the game devs are at R* should be praised. They do amazing work.. I could give a billion examples.

Then their amazing work is ruined by other idiots that work there... I could also give a billion examples..

And that is why... things are the way they are.

Nutduster

Gamers are whiners and complainers.

And (grumpy old man face activated) I honestly think that one or two of our recent generations were somehow raised to think that whining is cool. They're like anti-cowboys; instead of being rugged and never talking about their feelings, they just vent 24 hours a day. I blame YouTube - if you're raised on a steady diet of "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!" then you probably end up with a switch or two in your brain flipped the wrong direction.

57xamrA

Because Sharkcards

Edited by 57xamrA

Uncle Sikee Atric

I smell a Troll War!

There's a lot of things they have handled wrong, or done on the cheap and nasty.

This is a AAA title with massive gross profit, yet they still cut corners and handled things wrong.

Oh, the R* dev slaves are to be commended, it is the money men and the executives who deserve the critisism more. They refused the extra funding the devs needed.

Edited by Sikee Atric

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Its hard to HATE R*

R* is not a person.

Some of the game devs are at R* should be praised. They do amazing work.. I could give a billion examples.

Then their amazing work is ruined by other idiots that work there... I could also give a billion examples..

So true.

57xamrA

Also, they were one of the best developers in the videogame industry, but now they went full greedy and started f*cking things up.

Nutduster

This is a AAA title with massive gross profit, yet they still cut corners and handled things wrong.

Like every AAA title, basically. They chase technical ambitions over making a completely stable product, and honestly, we reward them for it - actively encourage them to do it with our wallets and with the kind of enhancements and features we ask for. If a company like Rockstar made a simple arcade game, it would probably be amazing. But they consistently bite off more than they (or anyone) can chew.

And even with that, most of their players aren't asking for bug fixes or stability first and foremost. They're asking for mansions, new cars, and friggin' San Fierro. What kind of stability do you think adding all that stuff will create?

Edited by Nutduster

Furry_Monkey

Money over quality.

Uncle Sikee Atric

Like every AAA title, basically. They chase technical ambitions over making a completely stable product, and honestly, we reward them for it - actively encourage them to do it with our wallets and with the kind of enhancements and features we ask for. If a company like Rockstar made a simple arcade game, it would probably be amazing. But they consistently bite off more than they (or anyone) can chew.

You do have a point.

Maybe that is why, when the Indie scene gets it right, boy, do they get it right!

Edited by Sikee Atric

Yukinoshita

Honestly I love R* for what they're doing. Sure, things may be expensive and sure it's made to earn money, but who gives you FREE DLCs with useful things (apart from yachts...ugh...)?

Oh right, sorry:

CoD_BlackOps2_DLC_SP.jpg

Hates comes from the prices, and prices lead to shark cards, which leads to "R* only wants duh muneyz". What the hell do you want? A season pass with all the cars and apartments for free?

imdabeast2114

Its hard to HATE R*

R* is not a person.

I can agree with your statement, but i do not hate the whole R* company

imdabeast2114

Honestly I love R* for what they're doing. Sure, things may be expensive and sure it's made to earn money, but who gives you FREE DLCs with useful things (apart from yachts...ugh...)?

Oh right, sorry:

CoD_BlackOps2_DLC_SP.jpg

Hates comes from the prices, and prices lead to shark cards, which leads to "R* only wants duh muneyz". What the hell do you want? A season pass with all the cars and apartments for free?

Agreed!

.Vooodu.

Its hard to HATE R*

R* is not a person.

I can agree with your statement, but i do not hate the whole R* company

I bet there is people who work at R* that wish they could do things differently too.

For example. ( sort of silly one) When next gen version of GTA V was released there was NO topless babes at the playboy mansion. A few months later the boobs where sneakily brought back.

Who ever that guy was... Hes one of the good guys. I notice alot of sneaky things added.

The real question is.. Whos really in charge of GTA O? Because that is the person that should get most of the heat. Its not really fair to put the blame on everyone at R*, but thats the easiest way of thinking.

Edited by HulioG

wmblgy

Like others have said, Rockstar is not a person. Rockstar is not your friend; you should not love or hate Rockstar. They have a product and we are the customers. Forming emotional bonds with these massive companies is not smart. Brand loyalty only leads to stagnation.

Displeasure with poor service should be the norm. You should get pissed when they mess up or fail to meet the expectations they built up themselves. Keep them on their toes. Make them have to care about the issues rather than think their customer base will settle for anything that "just works".

shadowoperative

Go watch the documentary Heckler. Being a critic takes no skill or wit.

Those who cannot do...BITCH.

Jehannum

Criticism isn't hate.

Misunderstood

GTA V/Online is not even hated that much. There are still a lot of people who enjoy it and play it, even the ones who complain about (look at the B&M thread).

zoso80

I don't hate R*. They make some oddball choices for sure, but hate no.

This game is wonderful for all the glitches the game has and continues to provide. Many people I know have used those glitches to get off R*'s hamster wheel and play the game they want. There is no grind, only chill playing and great wealth.

Any negatives are offset in the fun of seeing people playing the game they want, not what R* tells them the "proper" play is.

JON22

I hate some of the things they did before forgetting about us peasants.

They removed Dozer spawns online at the airport and the area where the start of Four Trailers is. You have to force spawn them now by cargobobbing one from further up the map.

They locked the Titan and cargobob doors, then added a barrier so you can't jump in the open side door of the cargobob.

Then they nerfed the hook so no more dropping mules on players :( Yet I can lift a dozer easy which is weird.

I'm upgrading end of this month so hopefully they'll add the ability to open the titan and bob doors in time, and let us buy a dozer from pegasus (more fun than the f*cking dump).

TreFacTor

Because why hate salami.

Rammer2k

I don't hate Rockstar or GTA 5. I just hate how they have such a hard on for turning GTA Online into a constant 24/7 Warzone COD clone. Especially with the last few Updates.

am30

They moan because they're entitled brats who expect to have everything done for them. The thought of actually having to put any effort in scares their 3 brain cells. They also have no knowledge about how such a game works and cannot understand that bugs and glitches are unavoidable. Granted, some bugs and glitches should have been fixed long ago. In short, they lack the "sh*t happens" attitude.

If it's anti-fun, why still play it? I mean, I assume you play GTA O seeing as you're on a forum about it. So therefore, the whole "no fun" thing is total bull-crap.

Perhaps go make and market your own game.

Edited by am30

ji.Ruichi

Strange, not sure where you're getting the "so much hate" for R* part. Probably just a small bunch. Complaining doesn't mean hate.

shadowoperative

They moan because they're entitled brats who expect to have everything done for them. The thought of actually having to put any effort in scares their 3 brain cells. They also have no knowledge about how such a game works and cannot understand that bugs and glitches are unavoidable. Granted, some bugs and glitches should have been fixed long ago. In short, they lack the "sh*t happens" attitude.

If it's anti-fun, why still play it? I mean, I assume you play GTA O seeing as you're on a forum about it. So therefore, the whole "no fun" thing is total bull-crap.

Perhaps go make and market your own game.

Sometimes we are exact opposites. Not in this case though. I agree 100%.

Mach1bud

Bananas.

BatFerYou

This is a forum for a specific game/product. You will see the most extreme reactions focused upon that product here.

And in human nature, there is a tendency to focus on the negative.

If you look at the number of sales for the game, factoring in that some of us bought two or more copies (different platforms), that number would be significantly higher than the number of individuals complaining here.

So you could surmise that most of the users of the product are content with it.

I say content instead of "happy" because happiness comes in short bursts between loading screens, game failures and other frustrations.

Tell you what, shall I start a positive thread?

shadowoperative

This is a forum for a specific game/product. You will see the most extreme reactions focused upon that product here.

And in human nature, there is a tendency to focus on the negative.

If you look at the number of sales for the game, factoring in that some of us bought two or more copies (different platforms), that number would be significantly higher than the number of individuals complaining here.

So you could surmise that most of the users of the product are content with it.

I say content instead of "happy" because happiness comes in short bursts between loading screens, game failures and other frustrations.

Tell you what, shall I start a positive thread?

You could. Good luck.

Absolut

Why is there so much hate for Rockstar and GTA V? I know there are plenty of things that could be improved but I love this game, probably more than ANY other game, but thats my personal opinion. Why do some of you guys have so much hate for R*? I mean, you guys are on the GTa Forums for christ sake. Yes, they do some "wrong" things imo that could be fixed, but they are still the creators of my favorite game.

Just blew off some steam on 900r fixed-thread about this. It's way over salty nowadays.