2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

We need a character voice action button.

Simply Logic

There are things you wouldn't say over the microphone like "go f*ck yourself". We need a button that can perform this action for us to use a unique voice for our character. GTA IV had this. The voice action changes whether you've been attacked or have been unharmed. It's simple and fun to use.

Edited by Simply logic
  • Like 5

iLikeDrivinInMyTruck

oh. so our characters that have never talked, Lester even calls us "mute", are now going to say "go f uck yourself?"

Go f uck yourself.

• Like 6

oh. so our characters that have never talked, Lester even calls us "mute", are now going to say "go f uck yourself?"

Go f uck yourself.

You're kidding.
  • Like 1

Go f uck yourself.

You're kidding.

Judging by the grammar, I'd say he's not.

Anyway, I don't think it's a bad idea. Something like RDR, where you simply used the button B/O to make your character say a random (sometimes funny) sentence or sound.

• Like 1

That would kind of go against the idea that Online protagonists are our avatars.If we want them to talk,we can voice them with a mic,otherwise they just use body language and gestures.

However,there is a trick to hear their real voice,just choose Online protagonist as an actor in director mode and set them on fire,they will start screaming.

It's a useful feature in GTA IV. I don't care about people using their voice to control their characters mouth.

Edited by Simply logic

KiTTYReCkless

It's called a microphone (Your character's mouth will move if you're in game chat) and I tell ppl to go f*ck themselves all the time.

• Like 2

Go f uck yourself.

You're kidding.

Judging by the grammar, I'd say he's not.

Anyway, I don't think it's a bad idea. Something like RDR, where you simply used the button B/O to make your character say a random (sometimes funny) sentence or sound.

Yeah, like that.

HeySlickThatsMe

this would be good but doesn't fit gta 5 style because gta online characters are muted

if we would play with story characters in gta online then i agree :p *lamar would be best character*

Red Dead Redemption had something similar. I could get behind this.

I'd need a megaphone so people can hear me from inside my helicopter though.

this would be good but doesn't fit gta 5 style because gta online characters are muted

if we would play with story characters in gta online then i agree :p *lamar would be best character*

Yeah, being muted sucks. Edited by Simply logic

I don't want someone voicing my characters. If they are mutes, they are mutes. If I wanna use my mic, I'll use my mic and unmute them. Stupid idea.

• Like 1

I don't want someone voicing my characters. If they are mutes, they are mutes. If I wanna use my mic, I'll use my mic and unmute them. Stupid idea.

Yeah but what's a mute really? Nobody is actually a mute. It's a short lived game, it's not like it requires your actual voice. Edited by Simply logic

Yeah but what's a mute really? Nobody is actually a mute. It's a short lived game, it's not like it requires your actual voice.

People in reality can be mutes, but not by choice. Usually caused by a medical defect. I can't remember the medical term for it, but it's where the vocal cords don't develop properly, or don't develop at all. That, and some people are mutes due to accidents.

You think players wouldn't say go f*ck yourself over the mic?

Pretty funny kid.

• Like 3

Yeah but what's a mute really? Nobody is actually a mute. It's a short lived game, it's not like it requires your actual voice.
People in reality can be mutes, but not by choice. Usually caused by a medical defect. I can't remember the medical term for it, but it's where the vocal cords don't develop properly, or don't develop at all. That, and some people are mutes due to accidents.Right, they can't talk on the microphone.

You think players wouldn't say go f*ck yourself over the mic?

Pretty funny kid.

Maybe it'd be even more funny in the game.

I usually just turn on my mic

It's all you can do.

Nah nah nah Gta 6

yeah, let's waste button space for a completely useless feature nobody used unless they were bored.

yeah, let's waste button space for a completely useless feature nobody used unless they were bored.

If there was button space then it should be used. It's not being bored if it's a viable function in the game.

I don't think this is a good idea, but I can see why some would want it added. I personally do not want it added, and I hate using voice chat in this game for many reasons.

Dumb idea that resurfaces annually...all that work into us not talking just for this....the jokes themselves are better than this idea and they have long since stopped being funny.

Go back to the drawing board Op this one's a stinker.

Edited by TreFacTor

Yayyy, let's copy Saints Row...

You're kidding. well duhhh, that's what the "..." Is for Edited by LogoPablo

Nah nah nah Gta 6

If there was button space then it should be used. It's not being bored if it's a viable function in the game.

I don't recall anyone using it at all, only game where taunts are useful is TF2.

Dumb idea that resurfaces annually...all that work into us not talking just for this....the jokes themselves are better than this idea and they have long since stopped being funny.

Go back to the drawing board Op this one's a stinker.

Well i don't expect everybody to like what they get.

I don't recall anyone using it at all, only game where taunts are useful is TF2.Well it's not in the game to begin with.