2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Is this game falling apart?

.Vooodu.

Ever since the Low Rider update things have started to run a little wonky, for me at least.

Now.... after the last up date with the Sultan and Banshee the game for me is really starting to fall apart.

Traffic spawning out of thin air.. Frame rates dropping to zero. The map not rendering fast enough even tho im not even going that fast.

Heres an example.. im on xbox one. But the game now seems to be going backwards and starting to act like im playing on 360 again.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Vooodu/video/14412059

Anyone else having this problem in games?

Edited by HulioG
  • Like 2

No problems here, it may have something to do with your internet connectivity, I had many glitchy and laggy moments when I had the snowstorm here that messed with our internet provider.

• Like 3

BlaringFiddle

wow - if you were on PC i'd say you were running out of video ram .. not sure what you can do on xbox one to resolve that ... i'd start with R* support and see if they send you to m$ ... i'm sure that its not supposed to be that way. I think it could probably be fixed somehow.

EDIT: good that you have a video of it so you can show them.

Edited by BlaringFiddle

Ever since the Low Rider update things have started to run a little wonky, for me at least.

Now.... after the last up date with the Sultan and Banshee the game for me is really starting to fall apart.

Traffic spawning out of thin air.. Frame rates dropping to zero. The map not rendering fast enough even tho im not even going that fast.

Heres an example.. im on xbox one. But the game now seems to be going backwards and starting to act like im playing on 360 again.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Vooodu/video/14412059

Anyone else having this problem in games?

I hate to bring this up here, but that's why I switched from 360 to PS4. I had enough of the rendering problems on RDR and GTA V. Having said that, I am having similar problems, but not as bad as in the video. Cars spawning out of nowhere and rendering being somewhat slower...

Running smooth on PS4 for me... I do have an occasional hiccup, but not very often.

• Like 6

I've noticed more questionable AI drivers and annoying spawns with the latest update, I wonder if something really is up

• Like 1

DentureDynamite

Definitely loads of in-game bugs (at least on the PC), and the situation is not getting better (read: bugs increasing, bug fixes not keeping up).

I'd love new DLC as much as anyone, but I would be willing to wait for a couple months -just- for a solid bug-fix only update.

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 3

Hector Tavares

Everything's fine for me on PS4. The occasional frame-skip here and there and traffic cars randomly exploding while flying high up in an aircraft, but everything's otherwise fine.

• Like 1

BlaringFiddle

i think the AI drivers spawning late is more of a network issue (ie: high ping) .. PC here and that happens to me when i'm playing with someone from far away (russia/china/austrailia). the AI traffic needs to be synced with those that you are playing with. That can cause some pop-in if there is high ping.

Running smooth on PS4 for me... I do have an occasional hiccup, but not very often.

Well this does not happen in every game. Especially in smaller sessions or if im alone.. Mostly a public game issue.

But with more players and more high detailed vehicles like Sultans RS or low riders around. Thats when i start see things like that happen. That was just one example too...lol

That video took place after i passed two guys with sultans. Thats when i started to chug out like that.

It could be the processing power or RAM of your XB1. It wasn't happening before but it is happening now, which means your XB1 is processing other stuff in the background instead of concentrating on GTA V. Try uninstalling some games or apps you no longer use, which could be consuming memory and HDD space.

Why does this link videos made by vooodu? Isn't he a banned member?

Uncle Sikee Atric

I have experienced some lag issues, but falling apart? Not so much.

MOaRJRr.jpg

Not banned, just very very nasty :)

Well this does not happen in every game. Especially in smaller sessions or if im alone.. Mostly a public game issue.

But with more players and more high detailed vehicles like Sultans RS or low riders around. Thats when i start see things like that happen. That was just one example too...lol

That video took place after i passed two guys with sultans. Thats when i started to chug out like that.

Interesting... You are saying that the cars are so detailed that when multiple ones are out it starts messing with the game? I can see that.

..The mods know full well who i am. ...lol

shadowoperative

That explains a lot. Just got a spring in my step.

Interesting... You are saying that the cars are so detailed that when multiple ones are out it starts messing with the game? I can see that.

Thats what it feels like.. Especially when going at a nice speed.

It was kind of like that during the lower rider update too. This just seems to have made it even more noticeable.

I've had this happen a few times but never to this degree. A lot of my GTA problems come from all the motherf*ckers streaming Netflix and Hulu while I'm trying to play.

Could be connectivity issues, might not be. Good luck!

Not banned, just very very nasty :)

Nah he was banned but they pick and choose who can come back on an ad-hoc basis, so basically the rules are guidelines. Ugotsmoked has also commented in this thread, despite coming back after a ban, and then getting banned again for being a previously banned member. The message is, you can do what you want!

• Like 2

I've had this happen a few times but never to this degree. A lot of my GTA problems come from all the motherf*ckers streaming Netflix and Hulu while I'm trying to play.

Could be connectivity issues, might not be. Good luck!

Ya.. thanks to a few of you for some advice.

Just wanted to see if was just me.. or if others where having the same problems.

shadowoperative

Some members here have pmd me telling me they will find out where I live and kill me and they still get to post so...

What I say is much more tame.

• Like 1

Haven't noticed anything too unusual. I had a pretty bad frame drop hanging out on a friend's yacht yesterday, and I've noticed that the yachts in general produce a noticeably poorer framerate for me. In general the game is a little less smooth than it was when CG first came out, but it's still doing pretty well considering how much crap is going on all at once.

shadowoperative

The game has always been broken.

You still play then the joke's on you.

• Like 2

After the lowriders there was a bit traffic random spawning but the game gets better after every update for me.

As a matter of fact, I was driving the other night, flying in my Sultan, and most of the time the game slows down when your traveling at that speed, but I swear as I got faster the game started exceeding 30 fps and was moving super smooth for me. I never had that happen.

It is gradually getting worse, but that was my experience with PS3. I'd say where we are with PS4 is on par with early days of PS3, so give it another year and it will be at the point where it cannot be ignored any more.

I fully believe it will be ignored though.

• Like 3

no problems for me, i am playing since day 1 in xbox360 and moved to pc when the game was released and no problems, 63fps except a few times when it goes down to 53-55 and 0 lags problem