2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Returning Player Probem

badnews

Tried asking in a normal way, thread closed and directed to an unrelated thread.

I am a returning player and trying to do the murder mystery but the body isnt there, Ive looked in the correct place so there is no point posting in the murder mystery thread.

Does anybody know why this one returning player thing wont work on my game when all the monkey mosaics etc do?

Cheers

The unlock exclusive content requires a linked Social Club account and a connection to the PSN - so make sure the transfer has been done properly by using this guide

Then, refer this guide, to make sure all the clues required to solve the mystery are found, and notification received for the same, too.

If you have followed every thing correctly then I suspect this is a technical issue/glitch with your game, and should provide all the details by using the R* support to receive a fix.

• Like 1

Yeah I been on social club since I bought the game on 360 on day one and always kept it upto date, all the other returning player content appears fine and Ive 100% the game. Have found the 4 clues but the game didnt make a noise or autosave or anything like that at any of the clues, but I took a photo ingame of each one.

I'll fire over a support ticket I guess, but we all know how long that takes haha

Edited by badnews

Yeah I been on social club since I bought the game on 360 on day one and always kept it upto date, all the other returning player content appears fine and Ive 100% the game. Have found the 4 clues but the game didnt make a noise or autosave or anything like that at any of the clues, but I took a photo ingame of each one.

I'll fire over a support ticket I guess, but we all know how long that takes haha

I'd also recommend to restart your console, give it a few tries with a new save, verifying whether the glitch is in the copy / downloaded game and not just a random one, and then it'll be worth all the efforts to take up the issue with the R* support with clear confirmation about the glitch.

Another important note: Its best to play single player without any connection to the internet, as this may cause some weird issues with the gameplay. Only connect when you want to download a title update, or joining multiplayer, otherwise remain offline to avoid any risks to the game saves/data.

I'd also recommend to restart your console, give it a few tries with a new save, verifying whether the glitch is in the copy / downloaded game and not just a random one, and then it'll be worth all the efforts to take up the issue with the R* support with clear confirmation about the glitch.

Another important note: Its best to play single player without any connection to the internet, as this may cause some weird issues with the gameplay. Only connect when you want to download a title update, or joining multiplayer, otherwise remain offline to avoid any risks to the game saves/data.

Cheers for the suggestions. The copy is disc version so I cant imagine it would be anything wrong with that, maybe my save has somehow become corrupted, although everything else seems to work ok. Im not massively bothered about the noir filters but just abit annoying to know theres something uncompletable. Dont really wanna risk my 100% save by starting another one either. Could maybe load an earlier save and try.

EDIT. Loaded older save and went to the first clue but still no notification to show it as registered.

Edited by badnews

If you are loading any previous save to the current glitchy game...then its best to try a new save

If failing multiple saves doesn't solve the issue then I'm afraid you'll have to start a new single player game, in order to verify the glitch.

Also, even if you didn't even receive any indication of sort by sound / notification, continue finding the remaining clues.

The final clue can be only obtained, after completing the Meltdown mission then head to the Solomon's office after 21:00. You should then find the letter on the desk.

Make sure you're following the guide to the word, and even refer to other guides, too.

I tried to search a similar issue with another user on google and could only find one, otherwise it seems not a common issue.

Hope this helps. Contact Rockstar support and let them know if the problem still persists in the new saves, too.

Cheers for that, I also only came up with that link when I searched aswell. I will email rockstar but think its just one of those things, cant be bothered starting over when all I got left to do is get gold on everything for hard 100%

I had no notification for one clue, ended up going out to sea to find the sunken body and it was there, still no notifications, went to the mine shaft, did what needed to be done there and it completed. It's barely even worth completing IMO.

Signatures are dumb anyway.