2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

boyay22

GTA V was EXTREMELY unfinished.

Arachne

I dunno,it looked finished for me.

Failure

Agree with you, OP.

T SA's rendition of Los Santos was much much better than GTAV's. Millions of buildings with no interiors, nonexistent suburbs and ghettos, no skyscrapers besides a giant unfinished building. There are many other unfinished stuff too, stuff which was later released as 'DLC', like the Faction and car interiors. The guy who designed the muscle car interior was very pleased with himself and decided to tell his bosses to give that interior for all muscle cars. The vehicles team just converted many vehicles from GTAIV, then decided they need not go into the game and removed them at the last minute. The police vehicles all suck, what's the point of creating this many when only three of them will appear during wanted levels?

Let's look at the game world. It's surrounded by water, but you can't keep going forever without having your character get killed by a shark. There are so many mountains which serve no role in the story. You can say that the mountains can be used for off-roading, but there are not many off roaders, the vehicle physics is worse than Justin Bieber in Donald Trump's hair and there are no off-road tracks and mud.

The Grand Senora Desert, also known as 'Small speck of uhh, sand!" could be more useful if it was bigger. You could have Trevor smuggling weapons across the desert in a sandrail, desert races, camping, offroading (probably) and much much more. A desert can hold more interesting things than a stupid mountains. What could have been done is change the size of the Alamo Sea, increase the size of the desert by at least 5 times, get rid of any major highways or satellite dishes in it and only keep straight smaller country side roads. That's how a desert should be in a GTA game, and I am disappointed in V because SA nailed this thing even though it was released in 2004.

The Paleto Forest? It really isn't a forest! Just a bunch of trees with a gigantic stretch of highway passing in the middle. Even city parks are bigger than that s**t. It isn't the type of forests where you can chase and kill someone or get lost. Again, GTA SA did better forests, even though it came 10 or so years ago. Speaking of parks, there is only 1 park in the entire city, and that too, is very small. I am not asking for a Middle Park-like park, since Los Angeles does not feature parks, but a bigger park would do. There's no Chinatown district as well, and the Triads have bases in Little Seoul, and Seoul isn't China.

There are plenty of unfinished gameplay elements as well. There are no gang interactions, you can't talk a line or more with NPCs without them getting angry, no casual conversations with the police, ULTRA RUBBISH internet, broken and unrealistic stock market, lack of garages, very very small city and a large countryside which doesn't feel big, some idiot at C* forgot to turn down the pedestrian voices. How can I hear a line spoken by an NPC ped when I am driving my Adder at 220 mph? AI Drivers are stupid as well, you still have people switching lanes, freaking out if you sound the horn and drive like crazies. The story? I need not explain, it is unfinished too. The A and B endings where just after thoughts, and the ending which is considered canon by a lot is as unrealistic as a Bollywood movie. They decided to bring characters from GTA IV just to kill them. The random events are poorly done, it's just drop them at this location or retrieve a stolen object. The people who made the collectibles must have been like ,"Hey, let's just hide 50 objects around the map and give a S%F mission for it." That's laziness at it's best.

I could go on about how unfinished and s**t this game is, but you get the point. GTAV is extremely unfinished and unpolished. The only thing which creates a smile is better performance, optimization and a good PC version. But what has the 5 or so years of developing done to the game anyway?

tl;dr GTAV is as unfinished and unpolished as an EA or Ubisoft AAA game.

Blackened

Lol

This thread.

Of all games out there, you guys think GTA V is unpolished and/or unfinished. It's absolutely ridiculous. You guys have either played the game far too much or your standards are so unreasonably high they will never be met.

GTA V has it's negatives, just like all of the series. I don't understand the point of this forum. 90% of posts are complaining about the game. Surely it's time to let go?

rjmthe2nd

Wow, i remember i said this months back in an old thread..a lot of fools attacke me for it, but seriously the game wouldve came out in 2015 if they had just added everything into the game from the get go.

Osho

No doubt. GTA SA is still the KING!!!

American Venom

I think the reason San Andreas was so much more successful pulling it off was it had three cities and nothing really went to waste.

GTA V's map has a very crater like feel where everything feels so close to eachother.

Cyper

Here is one of the major faults in the game:

* No ability to buy safehouses in Singleplayer despite the fact that it exist in Online.

* The amount of garages is way to limited.

* The clothingsystem is limited to each and every character

* The AI health system is lacking. You can kill NPCs with one punch and you can kill NPC with the tazer.

* The AI does not function properly. When the game was released to PS3 the AI could call the cops if the player was doing absolutely nothing. While I'm not sure this is a problem now, but when I played the game on PS3 during 2013 I gained a wanted level for walking past a police car.

* Lack of interiors; there is a good bunch of interiors in the game but the majority of them are locked.

Vehicle physics: The vehicle physics is greatly dumbed down. It is possible to land a vehicle flat on the roof and then use then steer left or right to flip it right back up on its wheels. The collision damage system is dumbed down making vehicles feels like solid boxes.

Vehicle handling: The vehicle handling is greatly dumbed down. From traction, to weight to steering. For example, sport cars function better than offroad vehicles when you use them offroad. There is a lack of weight to all vehicles as well and auto-rudder is added.

Lack of minigames: There is lack of minigames in Singleplayer. There is such greats such as Yoga and golf, but considering the content in Online, one would expect more content in Singleplayer, such as pool.

Lack of sidemissions
: There is almost no sidemissions in the game. Worse than this, regular sidemissions such as vigilante, ambulance and firefigther has been completely removed. Some content - such as the drugdealing minigame - was removed before the initial release.

Fighting: The fighting mechanics have been dumbed down. There is no separate button for kicking and punching.

Sharks and engines
: If you fly planes to far away from the map the engine gets damaged. If you survive the crash, a shark is instantly spawned and kill you as soon as you get into the water.

Killflash: On the PS3 you could not disable the killflash - a feature yet again aiming to make the game more dumbed down.

Sniper Rifles: All sniper rifles have magic microphones. If you zoom in with the scope you can hear people 500 meters away talking to each others. Yet again another feature added to dumb down the game.

What more?

No vehicle insurance in singleplayer, primary vehicle spawn away once you're far away from it, you can't call Lester for missions, you can't start gangwars, tattoos, hairstyles, accessories is limited in Singleplayer, as both weapons, clothes, and so forth.

Edited by Cyper

PhillBellic

If you want a Huge Example, just compare the LG and CG/PC Versions of the LSPD Sedans.

How did two of those get into the Gold Build?

ChiroVette

Well SA had very small drawing distance and if you set it to full you'll see that LS is very close to the desert. Alan Wake on the other hand is not an open world game. If Rockstar wanted to keep same amount of details and give us that countryside feeling that would take ages for them to create.

I enjoy the hell out of the map because it is immersive, interesting, has beautiful landmarks, and more importantly there is so much great stuff to do. But even if I did have a problem with the map because I was sitting there counting blades of grass or analyzing meticulous detail, I would remember that this game had to run smoothly on consoles that were 7 and 8 years old, respectively. The 360 and PS3 are 2005 and 2006 technology.

Rockstar did what they had to do with this game, which is optimize it for the two consoles that were the most prevalent and commonly owned by gamers. Waiting to launch the game until the PS4/XBOne was launched was obviously not an option, because even though these consoles were only two months away, there would be nowhere near the install base of last gen's consoles. So the game had to be optimized for last gen or no way would Rockstar have sold in the billions of dollars.

This is not to say I even agree with the premise that the map sucks.

no matter where you are you can always see chilliad and the other mountains. or if you are in the "desert" you can see sandy shores, grapeseed, and harmony and you know where you are. there is no isolation in the game, there is no feeling lonly in the middle of the desert feeling.

These are interesting points, and I could see how the map could be improved. Hey, send your suggestions to Rockstar. But having places that could be improved does NOT mean it "sucks" as you are trying to posture. The map has plenty of cool things to see and explore, and looks really nice.

If your gaming and enjoyment of scenery in a game is predicated upon a map having the ability to make you feel lonely, that's fine. I feel plenty disconnected to the city when in Sandy Shores or other parts of Blaine County, but if you don't, then that's cool. The bottom line is that GTA V looks great, plays great, and has a ton of fun built in. I am not a dev and I am not in the industry, so I am not going to sit there and count blades of grass, and in a game as deep and full, gameplay-wise, as V, I am sure that many sacrifices in graphics and visuals has to be made so the game could be properly optimized for last gen.

Some people here assume it was laziness, but that is absurd. Both Dan and Sam Houser have an unbelievable work ethic and about the highest expectations anyone has for the people who work for Rockstar. It's one thing not to like the map, for the reasons you specify. But its beautifully done, there is a gorgeous transitional change in scenery, Los Santos itself is incredibly well designed, and I am sure that when Rockstar has a GTA game with a plethora of content and it is made purely for the new consoles, it will look even better.

Cheatz/Trickz

The city is well done. But the country and desert are rinse, repeat. They didn't spend time on making them anything special because the purpose of it is purely to make the map bigger to fly in. Filler, basically, just wasted space.

Fuzzknuckles

The city is well done. But the country and desert are rinse, repeat. They didn't spend time on making them anything special because the purpose of it is purely to make the map bigger to fly in. Filler, basically, just wasted space.

So, not to have a differentiation between Trevor's life and the lives of Franklin and Michael? Or to provide some alternative types of terrain to accommodate the frankly ridiculous number and variety of vehicles they provided? Or to allow for different activities beyond the realms of a standard open-world action shooter? Or to provide a huge playground for both SP and MP players?

I mean, you're coming across as rather short sighted here. Sure, having all that extra terrain does expand the map, that's a truth. But to say that's the only reason is pretty laughable. It's there for many more reasons than you're prepared to acknowledge. And to say that they're nothing special suggests you've either never been to Raton Canyon at sunset and felt completely immersed in a startlingly lifelike game environment, or you're just lying to yourself to keep up this edgy persona you seem to want to cultivate.

ChiroVette

So, not to have a differentiation between Trevor's life and the lives of Franklin and Michael? Or to provide some alternative types of terrain to accommodate the frankly ridiculous number and variety of vehicles they provided? Or to allow for different activities beyond the realms of a standard open-world action shooter? Or to provide a huge playground for both SP and MP players?

I mean, you're coming across as rather short sighted here. Sure, having all that extra terrain does expand the map, that's a truth. But to say that's the only reason is pretty laughable. It's there for many more reasons than you're prepared to acknowledge. And to say that they're nothing special suggests you've either never been to Raton Canyon at sunset and felt completely immersed in a startlingly lifelike game environment, or you're just lying to yourself to keep up this edgy persona you seem to want to cultivate.

The problem in this debate is not that the map in V is perfect OR that people complaining about aren't bringing out some interesting points. The problem is that there is a long road between "could use some improvement" and "the map sucks," is my point. Also the mitigating factors of the HUGE resources this game had to use on the PS3 and 360 had to come into play.

The map is beautiful. Yes, I think the city is more detailed. But the game is better with the Chilliad and the rest of Blaine County than it would be without them, which is my point.

So just as V is a great compromise between IV and SA, this map is a great compromise between what could have been done with much less content and only having a much smaller map with Los Santos.

kvic

Extremely unfinished I wouldn't say that it's more like it was rushed out the door.

Cheatz/Trickz

No, Fuzz. It's filler. Rockstar confirmed it pre-release, the only reason the map is bigger is to justify having planes.

Fuzzknuckles

OK man, if you like. I'm pretty sure we'd have all been happier with no planes, and a floating city island and no countryside anyway so yeah, it's filler, it's pointless, it's not there for any reason at all. OK man.

Pedinhuh

Unfinished, well I wouldn't say that, but dissapointing? Yes it was, for me. by all the reason stated here.

I hate the map layout;

I hate the driving mechanics;

I hate the crash physics;

I hate the enemy AI;

I hate the dumbed down Euphoria physics;

I hate the storyline, mainly the characters;

But among other things I hate in the game, I consider it a finished product.

Maibatsu545

Yeah, I agree. I found V to be super unfinished and overall a huge letdown. That's why I'm a Nintendo fan now.

Edited by Maibatsu545

Osho

'space' is more appropriate term. Filler is different, something that fills that space. It could be a slog through the story ( ex: GTA IV ) with repetitive missions, the type ( meaningful / not ) and amount of content ( ex: collectibles ), copy and paste elements ( ex: Just cause ), etc.

As Dan Houser explains why GTA Vis going to be so darn vast: [ link ]

The attention to detail in those spaces is great, with less copy/paste elements in Vs map.

The content in those spaces can be debateable, but the extra space, really feels better, this is one of the main complaints about IVs map Rockstar tried to address it.

Now there's a lot of variety in the space to explore, without getting bored of the concrete jungles, and able to keep the map interesting.

SmokesWithCigs

I personally like it to be honest. They left the old feeling thing of three/four islands that had to be unlocked and made one whole big thing with various and different areas. Talking "realistically" (not sure if it's the right term in this case) it's better like it's now than how it was before, having some islands blocked for some unknown (or without logic) reasons wasn't the best thing to me, having all the map free to explore immediately was a pretty nice thing to me.

and the thing about that is I didn't go into the other areas until the story led me to those areas leaving an air of mystery to the map as I played through the game and unlocked those areas.

Fuzzknuckles

Unfinished, well I wouldn't say that, but dissapointing? Yes it was, for me. by all the reason stated here.

I hate the map layout;

I hate the enemy AI;

But you still play it though, right?

Blackened

One thing should be made clear here:

Just because you don't like a particular style, mechanic or area does not make this game "unfinished" or "unpolished". It means you don't like it.

Which leads to the next point. Why the f*ck are you here repeatedly complaining about it? R* won't change sh*t now and it appears to have been THE winning forumula for breaking records across the board.

Armchair developer opinions are all well and good, but R* ain't listening, and neither are the people enjoying the game. You're only circle jerking between yourselves. People who genuinely believe their feedback is worth mentioning - cool. More power to you. The people who spend hours a day sh*tting on the game here need to f*ck off back to the IV or SA forums and have more relevant participation there.

Stoney0503

How is V unfinished? Theres a difference between not liking something to something being left unfinished, if you want something unfinished, just look at IV's pc port.

The map is fine, I really like the mountains, it makes it feel like an actual countryside and each mountain feels different, Instead of some bloody trees plopped on in a map editor, the only problem I have with the countryside is those f*cking machine things in Blaine County/Sandy Shores which just do nothing but be filler.

Also, to me anyway, the first trailer for the game looks the same as the normal game except with more saturation, and uglier ped models.

Edited by Stoney0503

Blackened

You can be rest assured, the trailers ran on PC or PS4

StangOne50

To say it looks like trash even on LG is a little far fetched. Maybe compared to other games? Idk I only play gta. I came to this game straight from SA so to me even on LG the graphics are totally awesome and the least of my problems.

I will say the game had many bugs and issues for me and if you compare the game to gtao they could have done alot more with SP.

No mechanic to bring cars or interaction menu such as in gtao was most definitely disappointing for me.

Edited by StangOne50

Maibatsu545

Just because you don't like a particular style, mechanic or area does not make this game "unfinished" or "unpolished". It means you don't like it.

Which leads to the next point. Why the f*ck are you here repeatedly complaining about it? R* won't change sh*t now and it appears to have been THE winning forumula for breaking records across the board.

Armchair developer opinions are all well and good, but R* ain't listening, and neither are the people enjoying the game. You're only circle jerking between yourselves. People who genuinely believe their feedback is worth mentioning - cool. More power to you. The people who spend hours a day sh*tting on the game here need to f*ck off back to the IV or SA forums and have more relevant participation there.

Why do people's opinions bother you so much? the same "circle jerk" argument could be made for people who just want to gush about the game 24/7.

57xamrA

This game is absolutely unfinished and so bland. R* pretty much took all of the fuj things from SA/IV and put boring and stupid mechanics instead. Oh, but don't worry, we still have free DLC for Online.

Blackened

Why do people's opinions bother you so much? the same "circle jerk" argument could be made for people who just want to gush about the game 24/7.

They don't. Using the wrong terminology as an excuse to whine about a game that quite frankly, has ran it's course, just seems like a waste of everyone's time. Is this forum just a place to vent one's frustrations about a virtual world? Maybe. Is it a place to give valuable feedback that might better future games? I don't really think so.

If you don't like the game, that's equally fine. We all have opinions. I just don't see why anyone would waste their time on Earth moaning about an old game when they could be playing a game they DO like and interact within THAT community.

Maybe I'm just not the type to repeatedly bang my head against a wall hoping the next time I do it, I'll be given everything I want.

Of course there is room for criticism, but at least word it in a manner that doesnt sound childish and strawman.

zuckmeslow

Lol

This thread.

Of all games out there, you guys think GTA V is unpolished and/or unfinished. It's absolutely ridiculous. You guys have either played the game far too much or your standards are so unreasonably high they will never be met.

GTA V has it's negatives, just like all of the series. I don't understand the point of this forum. 90% of posts are complaining about the game. Surely it's time to let go?

this game has so many filler missions. missions that make me say, is this grand theft auto 5, or crane simulator 2013.

the story was rushed imo and the map layout was terrible.

we got barely any interiors, but its ok because we have a vast ocean bed to explore, to bad the submarine is boring a sh*t.

the heists in the game where boring and not even as intense as three leaf clover in gta 4. the game was referencing heat so much that all we got was a very nice cutscene of them ramming an armored truck, but its ok because we get to shoot waves of police npc. how fun

there is no suspense in a heist. the paleto heist you have the juggernaut suits that make you feel invincible, the bureau raid was heavily scripted. and the jewel store heist was boring.

the game was about the "pursuit of the almighty dollar" remember when they said that. the game introduces heists but it takes place in the wrong city. the game would have made more sense taking place in las venturas. we could have gotten a freaking casino heist similar to oceans 11 which would have been more fun then a jewl store. las vegas is known for its money, why even have these three is los santos. trevor lives in the desert and has ron, a paranoide conspiracy theorist. why is ron not over in las venturas salivating about area 69. seriously trevor should have been living in the las venturas desert with ron, franklin would have been living in the las venturas ghetto with the gangs, and michael would have been living in the wealthy side of las venturas somewhere close to the strip

i could see all three living in las venturas much more than i could see them living in los santos. besides the fact that michael likes movies, its not like he needs los santos. las vegas is hot, he could gamble and could have a gambling problem hence the need to go and get money, and frank and lamar seem like the type to live in vegas and party at the strip clubs and casinos. i already mentioned trevor but hes the exact type of person to be living out on a trailer park in the desert, not an abandoned town in socal. area 69 would have been a much more interesting place than fort zancudo and might have even given us reason to care about merryweather. like maybe merryweather comes from area 69 and trevor gets them pissed of while landing his plane on their runway.

it would not have taken too much console resources to do a las venturas the size of los santos and a massive open desert with small towns and lots of other good stuff. how the hell are you going to pick los santos and not even have it revolve around vinewood. thats like if they do liberty city, but the game only has missions in alderny. wtf is the point.

i find it funny how gta online has more missions than the main story.

all this game needed was a slower paced story, everything happens so fast and i feel it was done this way so we could all just play gta online. but if the game just had more missions and more missions that actually had to do with grand theft auto instead of picking things up with a crane or doing yoga. seriously i feel like this game should have been a movie. the script and dialogue is fantastic and whitty but it doesnt work as a VIDEO GAME. there was a new character introduced after every mission, but no depth was added to that character.

i felt nothing for simeon, he was in 2 missions thats it

who the hell was tanisha. wtf was the point of having her in the campaign if she shows up for 2 cutscenes and just drops off the face of the world.

i didnt even know who agent sanchez was until i replayed the game.

and what the hell was up with this madrazo guy, hes built up as the main antagonist and then becomes a flaccid background character that causes no more trouble for the protagonists.

the side character where criminally underused. ron would have been one of the most fun characters to do missions for. ron is a paranoide conspiracy theorist who has his own freaking radio show and you mean to tell me he doesnt give out a single mission. wasted potential. he could have sent one of the protags to go look for ghosts or aliens, go explore fort zancudo or the abandoned hotel at sandy shores. he could have given out fun missions but instead, we have to walk around the map looking for spaceship parts for this hippie guy if we wanted get a space ship buggy. really? what is this legend of zelda. why do i have to walk around getting parts. i thought this was grand theft auto, the revolutionary game series.

its things like that that makes the game feel empty. michael works at a movie studio and we dont even get any side missions related to it. how many times do you have to sit in a movie theater and watch meltdown to get enjoyment. movie studio + grand theft auto should equal some crazy missions. how is it that we dont have stuntman missions. a 2013 gta game still doesnt have stuntman missions? but we can sit in a movie theater and watch a boring 5 minute film. DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING WITH THIS GAME.

what about snapmatic, i freaking love snapmatic, exept i cant even use snapmatic. i am one of the many people out there that have a glitch on their snapmatics that doesnt allow upload of photos and there is no patch for it. great, so now what can i do with the phone. browse the web, awesome im on the internet in a grand theft auto game.

the shooting, the shooting in my opinion is terrible. every gun has tracer rounds and every shooter is a crackshot. your health depletes faster than in any splinter cell game.

speaking of splinter cell how awesome is it that we can customize our weapons and try out the new "stealth feature" . now i can finally live out my gta fantasy of going ontop of a building and sniping people with a silenced sniper. oops too bad cops can now smell silenced rounds and will send out the helicopters to come deal with me.

remember in gta 4 when you jumped out of a car and niko bounced off the roads. reamember in gta v when you jumped out of a car and mike trev frank did that wierd slide on the road thing.

1addf5c9c6d572c96eecedfbc0665988.gif

look at how it was in gta 4

104gpc9.gif

Well SA had very small drawing distance and if you set it to full you'll see that LS is very close to the desert. Alan Wake on the other hand is not an open world game. If Rockstar wanted to keep same amount of details and give us that countryside feeling that would take ages for them to create.

but San Andreas does not have a small map. san andreas has a bigger map than gta 3, gta vice city, gta 4, red dead redemption, and is about the same size as the map from watch dogs.

The game has cartoony graphics which might make it seem smaller than it is by not having detailed textures.

San andreas not only has a varied map, but also has better environment transitions.

If gta v had the desert in a better place and had less mountains the map would have had more area to play in, yes you can climb the mountain and tumble down, but 2 mountains is enough, we dont need more mountains than there are towns in the game,

San andreas had balance. There where many different towns that all had lots of space between them. Gta v has several towns smushed up together that feel like one big town. Im talking about sandy shores, harmony, grapeseed and stab city. There is no sense of issolation, no sense of being away from the city. The map is one big circle and all roads lead back to los santos.

just look at how well the red dead redemption map was designed. it looks like it goes on forever with the way the field of view effects are implemented and with the placement of different environment types on the map.

RDR.jpg

Red-Dead-Redemption-Life-in-the-West-Tra

thats the problem with gta v, the environment is all wrong, los santos feels like its in a crater and the countryside is all mountains and hills, with the only flat lands being towns.

this picture shows what could have been the desert in gta v, i dont know if its beta or if it was just made for the picture but it looks much better than the one we got now.

dxdcw5.jpg

just look at how big the alamo sea is

b7jogn.jpg

its too big.

Edited by zuckmeslow

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I hate the map layout;

I hate the enemy AI;

But you still play it though, right?

Yes and why is that surprising?

Making complaints about a product doesn't mean I'm not going to use it. If there's still some level of enjoyment to be had then I'm going to take advantage of it.

I've said time and time again that my rating of V would be a 7/10. I could write a 50 page book on all of the things wrong with this game, no lie and if I was bored enough I would do it.

Cheatz/Trickz

OK man, if you like. I'm pretty sure we'd have all been happier with no planes, and a floating city island and no countryside anyway so yeah, it's filler, it's pointless, it's not there for any reason at all. OK man.

Planes are overrated. The countryside is nice if it's not just empty with awful ground textures. In Red Dead, it is teeming with life, that set a standard. In V, it's a barren wasteland, it's no different than it was in SA.

And what? Is V not a floating city then? They're all islands, don't start that.

Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz