2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Sultan RS's Selling price changing randomly.

yohan90

I'll try to explain this as clearly as i can:

- I stole a Sultan from the street, took it to Benny's and modified it to look like a touring car (god knows why).

- After i was done modding it, i checked how much i would get if i sold it, and it said 238k.

- The next day i decided to change the livery and colour on it, took it back to Benny's and changed the livery and the primary and secondary colour to silver. I decided to check the price again, this time it said i would get 330k for selling it... I only changed the livery and the primary/secondary colour.

- About an hour ago i got bored again, so i modified the car to look like a rally car (i changed nothing but added the extra lights on the front, livery, colour, wheels. I did not have chrome rims before, i think i had something from the sport category, which i then changed to offroad tires). After this i curiously checked the price again and it was AGAIN 238k.

- I tried changing the colour again, as well as a different livery, but the price stayed the same.

Now, one thing to note, the very first time i modded the car (into a touring car look) i had a custom crew colour on top of Torino Red i believe. After i changed the paintjob to a cheaper one, and changed the livery to a different one, with roughly the same value. the cars price went up by 92k...

Anyone else experienced this?

The Sultan you buy from Benny's will sell for around 400k more than one you find on the street.

And there i was, trying to save 12k...

Still doesnt explain the heavy fluctuation in price, when you change things around which have roughly the same value.

The Sultan you buy from Benny's will sell for around 400k more than one you find on the street.

Nice reading skills.

OP, are you trying to sell the car while it's damaged? Before you repair it, selling it alters the price I believe.

Nice reading skills.

OP, are you trying to sell the car while it's damaged? Before you repair it, selling it alters the price I believe.

No i am not. And it wouldnt make 92k difference even if i did.

Nice reading skills.

They wouldn't have bought livery and other mods and checked the resale value without repairing their car, first.

You got some skills of your own that you'd need to work on.

Edited by YngDady

TacitusKilgore

Nice reading skills.

I was just explaining to him the difference between the Sultans that can be brought in to Benny's. I don't know why or how his situation is occurring. Not many people know the Sultan on Benny's sells for more when fully upgraded than the street one. Edited by AlphaSierra111996

Nice reading skills.

They wouldn't have bought livery and other mods and checked the resale value without repairing their car, first.

You got some skills of your own that you'd need to work on.

OP wasn't specific in whether or not he returned after adding livery (at least not in every instance) and work on your grammar before trying to tell me such a thing. :)

I agree with the OP. I bought a second Sultan on top of my regular one that I had for years. Took the new Sultan to Benny's and paid 1.2 million for everything I wanted. The next evening my new Sultan had lost all of its internal fittings - seats, dials, etc.. .and it's sell value was down to 133k. I then spent upwards of 100k on re-fitting out the car and and also sold my old Sultan just in case it was influencing the code somehow. There's something strange going on and this update has been a pig's ear, let's face it. Cars being slower than they were before, being in the wrong racing class, losing parts, etc... I'll see how it goes tonight and hopefully my Sultan will still have all it's upgrades. I'm pretty angry and quite depressed with Rockstar at the moment. For legit players 1.2 million is several evenings of online money-making, potentially thrown in the trash.