2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why is stuff so damned expensive now?

xXRobbie98Xx

Literally everything rockstar brings out is over priced. The T20 costing $2million, the $8million yaughts. Even the new sultan upgraded costing $795k.

Edited by xXRobbie98Xx
  • Like 2

The Wandering Hunter

they expect you to glitch your money, they're encouraging you to do research on sevensins

that's my logic anyway

Theres bonuses on the Shark Cards today. Come and buy one, then you can have all the cash you need in game!

^^^^ Yeah, this. ^^^^ Rockstar wants your money.

Edited by Bonzodog01
  • Like 1

I've always been surprised at how much hatred some people on this Forum have for R*.

"Greedy this, greedy that".

I'm beginning to understand.

It's pretty cynical of a company to make 'gameplay' devices so expensive that the only way relatively new, honest players can afford them is to buy Shark Cards.

Real world money for, well, nothing.

Edited by Aliashu
  • Like 2

Content is expensive to stimulate gameplay (you have to play the game to earn the cash) and to stimulate profit (for those who can't/won't do the former, there's cash cards). Neither of which seem like bad decisions to me.

Sure, I'd love current and future updates to be free or at least low-priced, but Rockstar isn't the Goodwill or the Salvation Army. They're a division of a multi-billion dollar corporation whose top priority is increasing their bottom line and benefiting their shareholders. Whatever decisions they make are intended to achieve these endgames by design.

Edited by ikaR3CON
  • Like 4

KgQS6by.jpg?1

Yeah, many people believe that if everything was cheap/easy to obtain, the game would lose value/popularity.

It's probably a reason R* believes in as well.

Edited by Foreverpast

I don't see a problem with the pricing. If the T20 cost 100k everyone would have one..and then what makes it special? Sure you have to grind missions to get the cash but again, what's the issue? GtaO is a game, you make money by PLAYING. If everything was unlocked at low ranks & the prices were low..nobody would play for long past the first 20-30 ranks.

• Like 3

It's been expensive since day one hasn't it?

Ya gotta pay tha cost, to be tha boss

The boss doesn't need the cost. Edited by Simply logic

Literally everything rockstar brings out is over priced. The T20 costing $2million, the $8million yaughts. Even the new sultan upgraded costing $795k.

Everything is getting more expensive cause you have modders and glitches f*cking up the GTAO economy by modding money and glitching money into their characters accounts.

Forces Rockstar to jack the prices on everything.

Everything is getting more expensive cause you have modders and glitches f*cking up the GTAO economy by modding money and glitching money into their characters accounts.

Maybe rockstar's trying to compete with modders because they're ruining their shark card profit.

Maybe rockstar's trying to compete with modders because they're ruining their shark card profit.

BINGO! Rockstar has to see at least a reasonable profit on micro transactions.

Mod menus, YouTube, and underage players...

Here's how to get rid of all three of those people.

1. Hire a group of IT Experts to just solely be in charge of dismantling modding programs and permabanning the accounts of modders, hackers, and cheaters. And I don't just mean a slap on the wrist for the first offense, I'm talking about permabanning accounts for people who do it even for the first time. ZERO TOLERANCE! Will make people think twice before trying to ruin the integrity of the original video game.

2. Hire more corporate lawyers to find loopholes around YouTubers who violate copyright infringement! And we don't just stop at YouTube, We go to Twitch as well.

3. We need to increase the graphic nature and nudity in both Story Mode and Online! I'm talking about making this game AO - Adults Only. We put in gore, realistic blood, intense nudity, decapitations, the whole nine yards!

Once we do these three things, Grand Theft Auto: Online will be in harmony once more.

3. We need to increase the graphic nature and nudity in both Story Mode and Online! I'm talking about making this game AO - Adults Only. We put in gore, realistic blood, intense nudity, decapitations, the whole nine yards!

No Argument with that one :^::^::^::^::^::^::^::^:

Edited by Captain Hammer

1. Hire a group of IT Experts to just solely be in charge of dismantling modding programs and permabanning the accounts of modders, hackers, and cheaters. And I don't just mean a slap on the wrist for the first offense, I'm talking about permabanning accounts for people who do it even for the first time. ZERO TOLERANCE! Will make people think twice before trying to ruin the integrity of the original video game.

2. Hire more corporate lawyers to find loopholes around YouTubers who violate copyright infringement! And we don't just stop at YouTube, We go to Twitch as well.

Once we do these three things, Grand Theft Auto: Online will be in harmony once more.

C'mon dude, you have to be kidding. $20 of real money only buys 1.25m in-game. According to that logic, a fully modded T-20 is worth approx $50 and the top yacht, fully deluxe etc, is worth $120. Total hogwash. Think they're not seeing a profit? I got a bridge to sell ya. :blink:

• Like 2

C'mon dude, you have to be kidding. $20 of real money only buys 1.25m in-game. According to that logic, a fully modded T-20 is worth approx $50 and the top yacht, fully deluxe etc, is worth $120. Total hogwash. Think they're not seeing a profit? I got a bridge to sell ya. :blink:

It's a totally legit marketing/business practice! I can't tell you how many thousands of dollars I've spent on $8,000,000 Megalodon Shark Cards alone! Rockstar should come to my door and give me a code for every item on the game! I'd sell both my kidneys on the black market if that's what it would take to get everything on the game.

Yes this is indeed an accurate response.

I too have lost track of how much I have spent on Shark cards since 2013 just so that I can own all the current new things in game and I probably should have some sort of reward as I still

don't own everything I want to own in game and at the moment am trying to resist buying any new shark cards.

SlobbishBoozer

To every c**t who keeps complaining about stuff being Overpriced. Maybe the idea is to keep the game as challenging as it can be in order for it to not die out over a year. Imagine if the yacht was a million instead of 6? The excitement would die out straight away. I've been saving for the yacht for ages now and a lot of the fun comes from working towards it. Same goes for everything else that R* have put a hefty price tag on. Quit whining. If you're stupid enough to buy a cash card then you're clearly not old enough for the game.

• Like 4

The Wandering Hunter

To every c**t who keeps complaining about stuff being Overpriced. Maybe the idea is to keep the game as challenging as it can be in order for it to not die out over a year. Imagine if the yacht was a million instead of 6? The excitement would die out straight away. I've been saving for the yacht for ages now and a lot of the fun comes from working towards it. Same goes for everything else that R* have put a hefty price tag on. Quit whining. If you're stupid enough to buy a cash card then you're clearly not old enough for the game.

the yacht is pointless anyway

who cares about the price

the Osiris, t20 and both gold jets are also pointless

just buy a massacro and avoid super races

you don't in any way need the expensive sh*t

it's reserved for glitchers

• Like 1

Expensive is not new as it has been that way from day 1 back in 2013. It was obvious from the beginning that R* had a big desire to sell shark cards in how the game economy is. You either play a lot or buy the money cards to get that Adder, $400k apartment, ect without the need for long play times.

For me i enjoyed the long process leveling up and going from living in a 2 car garage to a wealthy crazy criminal and all without shark cards. However everyone playing when online started was poor and had to work their way up. Some however bypassed that with shark cards or the cheats that made lots of billionairs.

If you are new to gtao then it may be frustrating seeing others having multiple super cars and an $ 8 million yacht. Keep in mind that some of those have been playing since 2013 thus having millions just sitting in the bank and waiting for something cool to purchase.

My only issue with shark cards is the exchange rates. $20 for only $1,250,000 game money is ridiculous. Added to that is the anti grinding changes, and the lack of double pay weekend events for missions. The flack R* receivs about shark cards is thus deserved imo.

Edited by jazzbone
  • Like 3

It's expensive as the game is out with years. To keep the game exciting and challenging rockstar have their own sense of inflation. Thing is, if you have been playing vip,heists and missions then this new stuff is easily affordable. Rockstar aren't forcing you to buy shark cards, they merely give u the option. If you don't want to buy them, then don't.

It's Rockstar's own fault for making the game so damn based on $$, practically solely so. They've long since needed to level lock more stuff and/or give you real rewards for ranking up past level 120. They made a crap decision and we have to live with it, but I don't have to be happy about it.

• Like 1

It's a totally legit marketing/business practice! I can't tell you how many thousands of dollars I've spent on $8,000,000 Megalodon Shark Cards alone! Rockstar should come to my door and give me a code for every item on the game! I'd sell both my kidneys on the black market if that's what it would take to get everything on the game.

You're either trolling or need serious help.

• Like 2

HighlyTurbable

everything just gets more expensive i completely agree next they are gonna make a 200 dollar sharkcard for something they add thats costs like 20 million

• Like 1

Ironically, them jacking the prices constantly actually discourages people like me form Shark cards. While I know several guys who justify by weighing it against the time it takes me to earn the money in GTA against earning that much for a Shark card in real life, for me I could never get over the idea of spending that much real money on something without looking at it in the future and always seeing it in dollar signs rather than the product of my actual game experiences.

That's not to say I'm intrinsically opposed to having the option, nor that I would never consider buying one myself on principle, but $20 real money for $1.25M in-game? When a Buzzard alone costs $1.75M? The exchange rate alone is problematic.

• Like 3

Phantomspirit

After buying the biggest yacht,I had to sell my car collection,went to sell my T20,which cost 2.2Million plus 1/2 million in upgrades,got offered 1Million 50k in part exchange.....talk about dodgy car dealers...R takes the biscuit...

• Like 1

Because the longer the game is out, the more money people (on average) have, so the prices rise to account for this.

• Like 1

Well at least some prices remain reasonable like snacks and soda. I robb the store so the snacks are free. Car repairs are free and if paying it's ridiculous at less than $500 for a near demolished condition. Fatal car explosion or encounters with the cops or random air attacks are no problem as resurrections are still only $500.