2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Gangs becoming more aggressive

Markhayzy

It may be just me but i feel as though on my last few playthroughs in SP , all gang members seemed to have raised their aggression levels. Just walking past and turning the camera to look at them and they pull guns/knives and threaten.

Would like to know if any1 else has noticed this. Possibly been altered for a future gang related update???

Official General

Until I see random shootouts between gangs in the streets unconnected to player activity, then I ain't noticing sh*t in SP.

Edited by Official General

The Ghost 206

Yeah like OG said if we start to see random shootouts or fist fights maybe rockstar fixed the gang A.I. but I'm not holding my breath. Single player mode won't be that lucky

• Like 5

Dangerous and sad

Imagine if rockstar did these small changes to SP

-Give Lamar a f*cking gun. OG you thought having yoga in this game was stupid. This beats it IMO.

-Random gang shootouts need to happen!. Vagos and ballas at rancho. Families and ballas. T should have some kind of gang that spawns for him. It's a bit unrealistic how he can just take on the lost mc on his own.

-Weed farm raids. What a waste.

The rest of the changes I want are SP DLC material/standard.

Edited by temi4328

-Give Lamar a f*cking gun. OG you thought having yoga in this game was stupid. This beats it IMO.

-Random gang shootouts need to happen!. Vagos and ballas at rancho. Families and ballas. T should have some kind of gang that spawns for me. It's a bit unralistic how he can just take on the lost mc on his own.

This is why any GTA should be played on PC, you can't trust developers these days. Join the dark side, we got gang wars, edited gangs that fight between each other without you doing anything....there's a mod for Lamar carrying a chosen gun too, whenever you hang out with him.

• Like 4

Dangerous and sad

-Random gang shootouts need to happen!. Vagos and ballas at rancho. Families and ballas. T should have some kind of gang that spawns for me. It's a bit unralistic how he can just take on the lost mc on his own.

This is why any GTA should be played on PC, you can't trust developers these days. Join the dark side, we got gang wars, edited gangs that fight between each other without you doing anything....there's a mod for Lamar carrying a chosen gun too, whenever you hang out with him. I'm on ps4 unfortunately. I had to grind 1 million in online just to glitch a lowrider into SP.

anyone who knows me on these forums would know that this hs been me and officalgeneral argument since the release.

im a single player type of player but ive been force to play online because the only aspect of the game that i enjoyed the most is where thery (r*) barley developed = the gang, hood, envirorment/aspect of this game.

I posted this before and ill post it again... this trailer is very miss leading

after seeing that the first time i said "finally i get to live a lil bit San Andreas memories on updated graphics and physics"

Lamar still has NO gun after years.

Franklin is suppose to be out of the gang life yet ... he gets a bandanna after the game is completed, while killing a bunch of ballas. he can go to the hood and most of the gang member still respect him but NOPE..... he cant squad up with none of them... no respect system like GTA SA or GTA VCS

gang attacks are only for trevor... great .... great.. i really want to run around playing as a methhead in the hood .... great for roleplaying.... BS

gangs dont leave their hood - they will not travel out of their range UNLESS you follow them that rare time and even when that happens they just walk past other gangs like its nothing

eLtSaZkaTUO_blUjMDBizg_0_0.jpg

j78evRzp7E2jv0OQhJcgsg_0_0.jpg

gangs dont interact/fight with other gangs

NO kind of drug dealing . even in SA they had dealers

gangs dont do any of the illegal activity they mentioned them doin in the game (arms/drug running)

gangs are programmed incorrectly (they where helmets, and families will attack you sometimes for no reason)

FDzuPhE1ZUWaSHMOlxaaOA_0_0.jpg

The hood is dead, to fights.. no dynamic music... just the same old... npcs are placeholders for the amount of time your in that area because they literally do NOTHING besides ...... use their phones.. talk the same talk... walking in circles..

most people dont care about the ghetto/hood aspect of this game so seeing that most people dont argue this sh*t, rockstar

SOMETHING LIKE THIS CAN ONLINE BE DONE IN DIRECTORS MODE.

ReKgXqQJOUCz6tkfkb8jBQ_0_0.jpg

Edited by pilscy

slimeball supreme

It's dissapointing that there isn't any street fighting in V, but I'm still noticing marked increases in aggression since the latest update.

One false move on Families turf and the entire street is putting their fists up. This never used to happen before the latest update - Families used to be soft. So at least this is something.

Edited by Mr. Fahrenheit

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

If its happening then at least its a good change, but otherwise, not enough.

Similar to what pilscy covered in his posts is what I want.

Rockstar is taking months to make such little tweaks, and that's the actual part which sucks.

SP needs a separate patch to bring a lot of changes - for the better.

This should help to raise the replay factor of the vanilla game, if they're not interested in SP DLC.

Edited by Osho

This is why any GTA should be played on PC, you can't trust developers these days. Join the dark side, we got gang wars, edited gangs that fight between each other without you doing anything....there's a mod for Lamar carrying a chosen gun too, whenever you hang out with him.

Id love to join on pc, but after buying GTA4 for mods and stuff, its hard enough just to get the game to run at all lol, havnt even tried mods yet, be nice if it didn't crash in options EVERY time or maybe had a stable framerate!

Also I'm not thrilled about the prospect of buying GTA5 a third time!

Until I see random shootouts between gangs in the streets unconnected to player activity, then I ain't noticing sh*t in SP.

This. What OP mentioned was still triggered by player activity, i.e. looking at them. The hoods feel dead, wish it was like SA where Ballas fools would come blastin' in their cars.

• Like 3

Official General

Look, PC gaming enthusiasts keep saying this but I'm a console gamer only, V on the PC is of no good to me. I shouldn't have to play GTA on a PC to experience the fun and interesting gang stuff in the game. It should already be there like it was in the III-era on consoles. Why the f*ck have I got to waste time looking for/downloading mods and spend more money on high-end PC just to get the good gang stuff in V ? I camttbe bothered man, I just cant be bothered.

The sad thing is that physical and visual aspect of the hood in V us amazingly detailed and well done. It's nearly all gone to complete waste. I'm playing SA right now, and I just love the way the hood is popping - regular gang shootouts, drug-dealing, carjackings, prostitution, police chases, guys just hanging out.

Luckily in V we have directors mode to create gang shootouts anywhere on the map.

@ temi

Yeah Lamar not having a gun was real stupid, its just one of the many little stupid, annoying things about this game.

• Like 2

anyone who knows me on these forums would know that this hs been me and officalgeneral argument since the release.

im a single player type of player but ive been force to play online because the only aspect of the game that i enjoyed the most is where thery (r*) barley developed = the gang, hood, envirorment/aspect of this game.

after seeing that the first time i said "finally i get to live a lil bit San Andreas memories on updated graphics and physics"

Franklin is suppose to be out of the gang life yet ... he gets a bandanna after the game is completed, while killing a bunch of ballas. he can go to the hood and most of the gang member still respect him but NOPE..... he cant squad up with none of them... no respect system like GTA SA or GTA VCS

gang attacks are only for trevor... great .... great.. i really want to run around playing as a methhead in the hood .... great for roleplaying.... BS

gangs dont leave their hood - they will not travel out of their range UNLESS you follow them that rare time and even when that happens they just walk past other gangs like its nothing

gangs dont do any of the illegal activity they mentioned them doin in the game (arms/drug running)

gangs are programmed incorrectly (they where helmets, and families will attack you sometimes for no reason)

The hood is dead, to fights.. no dynamic music... just the same old... npcs are placeholders for the amount of time your in that area because they literally do NOTHING besides ...... use their phones.. talk the same talk... walking in circles..

most people dont care about the ghetto/hood aspect of this game so seeing that most people dont argue this sh*t, rockstar

And people say V's marketing didn't use false advertising.

• Like 2

Look, PC gaming enthusiasts keep saying this but I'm a console gamer only, V on the PC is of no good to me. I shouldn't have to play GTA on a PC to experience the fun and interesting gang stuff in the game. It should already be there like it was in the III-era on consoles. Why the f*ck have I got to waste time looking for/downloading mods and spend more money on high-end PC just to get the good gang stuff in V ? I camttbe bothered man, I just cant be bothered.

The sad thing is that physical and visual aspect of the hood in V us amazingly detailed and well done. It's nearly all gone to complete waste. I'm playing SA right now, and I just love the way the hood is popping - regular gang shootouts, drug-dealing, carjackings, prostitution, police chases, guys just hanging out.

Luckily in V we have directors mode to create gang shootouts anywhere on the map.

@ temi

Yeah Lamar not having a gun was real stupid, its just one of the many little stupid, annoying things about this game.

You're buying a game from a studio that's only interested in money expecting it to be how you want it to be (which is good, and it will never be good cause it's catered to casuals). This is why you should switch to PC, because that way you don't can't even complain about anything cause you can change anything you want. I have 520 hours on GTA 5, 50 out of them were unmodded game. As soon as I finished the story and played online a bit I said to myself that it's one of the most dissapointing releases ever. Since mods rolled out though I'm playing it still quite often, getting a gaming PC in the end is way less expensive than consoles for simple reasons..... I spent like 700 bucks on my PC it can still run the game better than consoles, I'm not sure how much next gen consoles cost - like 400, 500 bucks I guess? not much of a difference. Then you gotta consider Steam has so many sales for games, you will end up paying like 20% of what would you have paid for console versions of the games you buy. So in the end you're just saving up money. If you're too used to consoles, you can just get a screen that supports both TV and PCs and play the game just like on a console with a pad. Seriously it's just funny anyone would expect c* to fix or improve sh*t anymore, that's just naive as a madafuka.

Edward Nashton

Join the dark side, we got gang wars, edited gangs that fight between each other without you doing anything....there's a mod for Lamar carrying a chosen gun too, whenever you hang out with him.

What gang mods do you use, if you don't mind me asking. I want to jump back into V and I never messed with any of the gang/crime mods out there.

Edited by Edward Nashton

Dangerous and sad

tat s arguably my favorite trailer of all time. The rest would be the tbogt one"you'll always be the King of this town" M and T trailers, the last trailer released before it came out and of course the very first trailer.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw one gang fight when they were exiled from the city I drove down grove street and the gang chased me and fought the ballas.