2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Was the Yacht DLC, worth it?

Captain BlaKe I

Captain BlaKe I

Title says it all My dudes, just asking since I'm starting to feel like I wasted millions on My Yacht and really don't use it at all since the Update came out.

I did not buy one because the lack of money, but i think it got boring pretty fast since you cant do much with it, mah dude.

I f*cking love it, it's great if you have friends to hang out with. It just depends on what kind of player you are. I just like to smoke and chill in the hottub in first person with yacht defenses. Chill af

Like the lowriders i don't feel its value for my GTA$, more of a novelty update that lost it's appeal after a couple weeks.

• Like 1

I love it. Looks awesome from shore. Some nice new animations for sitting, hanging out. Can get some pretty nice pics from Yacht as well. Overall, I like the idea. If you have money to burn, why not? If not, it's something to shoot for.

its an ok investment if you have money to waste...

luring jets to my yachts location, turn on the air defense as they fly by, seen them getting blown up is totally worth it haha

As a yacht user it's ok but personally it feels similar to a apartment but on water and no garage but that aside it sorta is worth but not really if you want a moving house boat

Edited by Striker258

Turkish Turketarian

Love my yacht but like most things in GTA, its not much fun if ya got no one to enjoy it with. So I imagine for solo players it's not all that worth it.

lll-H-I-M-lll

Yes as i have a base when i have a bounty on me and it was chump change to be honest

its an ok investment if you have money to waste...

luring jets to my yachts location, turn on the air defense as they fly by, seen them getting blown up is totally worth it haha

"Investment" I dont think i would call it an Investment because if we ever got the ability to sell them we would still take a 40% loss

Now if you want to call it a sinful pleasure i will agree with ya

Will the Yachts ever pay for themselves not unless we get some kind of update that makes owning a yacht a requirement, like owning a High end apt or property with a heist room is a requirement for hosting heists

I enjoy my yacht, and got a few fun weeks using it, just by spending play money earned do jobs and missions etc. But i do have a friend who dropped $99 bucks on a sharkcard to finish paying for his.....He is sick of his purchase and in his own words would trade the damn thing for a modded up duneloader title to title LOL

SkynetOnlineID

Depends on your parameters of what is "worth it".

If you didn't think it was worth it, then it probably wasn't. I really don't see the point of making a new thread about it to convince you otherwise.

Its been a month since, and i've managed to earn back half a yacht so all is well. Just have to earn the other half back by vday and i'm set.

Hell yes but then again, I am one of those people who enjoys just chilling and doesn't need to be busy. I spend a lot of time on my yacht.

Anyone who bought the yacht should have known the type of gamer they are and weighed that before getting it and if they find it a waste because they never use it then well, they're not all that intelligent.

• Like 2

fear_the_nut70

Title says it all My dudes, just asking since I'm starting to feel like I wasted millions on My Yacht and really don't use it at all since the Update came out.

Yes. I paid nothing out of my ACTUAL pocket and got all kinds of new things to play with and enjoy in a game that I love.

Jazzy the Dutchess

Yes and no.

Yes, because it's nice being out in the water.

No, because you shouldn't pay a price to move locations.

I don't regret buying a yacht though.

Yes it was worth it because I bought it for the "apartment" value firstly and the novelty second.

paint it white, get gold trim, snort some coke and for 3 seconds I can think that Vice City HD is real and made by the R* of the past

Stealthflight

It would have been a blast if you bought it on day one, Now I see yachts sitting all by their lonely selves in full lobbies. No one wants to take the chance, no one cares, no one trusts the yacht invites anymore either.

I learned my lesson not having money on day one so Im padding my account for next update.

For example Ill be cruising along with a fully modded up banshee today. and I was enjoying my moonbeam on first day lowrider DLC. Yes the hype wears off but youre paying for the brag rights to be the first.

And for the yacht those brag rights were months ago, now already gone

Captain BlaKe I

Was the DLC worth it? Yes. There was a lot more than just yachts you know.

No sh*t shurlock

I regret dumping $8M+ on it because I also sold my T20 and two other vehicles to regain some cash.

Yes as i have a base when i have a bounty on me and it was chump change to be honest

So, a minimum of $6 mil is "chump change," yet you're hiding for a max of $9K...?

OT: I haven't even bought a yacht yet, but the Update was certainly worth it... Those VIP jobs (especially sightseer in Invite Only) are the easiest way to make money in the game. Using those and a contact mission during the cooldown, making a million dollars a day is possible to grind.

I'll get a yacht eventually, I'm in no rush, it's not going anywhere... But, I've used the VIP jobs included in the update to build my bank for the Valentine's Update (or any other limited time content update) since the day the Executives update was released and will likely continue to do so well afterward.

-Bill

judge dread 24

Its classed as a property, but yet we cant trade it against another. That's the only thing I dont agree with.... Once bought you're stuck with it.