2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

hydra price... is it worth it...

Striker258

hydra price... is it worth it  

114 members have voted

1. 1. i got 12M from the master mind challange but ive been wondering, why is the hydra 3million? isnt it basicly a different jet model but with hover features. point of the matter, is it worth 3millon dollars?

• yes its worth 3 million dollars, buy it
    • yes but i wish it could be 2 million or less
    • it should stay as it is but had its speed/acceleration buffed
    • no but im ok paying atleast 1 million or less
    • no,r* should lower the price

i have 12 million from the mastermind challange but idk if i should buy the hydra or not, is it worth it?

I think its worth it. However, it depends on what you'll be using it for.

It's only really worth it if you jet grief, anti jet grief or tank hunt. Otherwise the buzzard and savage are better choices for missions.

Edited by Logistics
  • Like 2

Is this The Guy?

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell yes it's worth it

• Like 1

Hoosierdaddy76

It's only really worth it if you jet grief, anti jet grief or tank hunt. Otherwise the buzzard and savage are better choices for missions.

This. I have one, but seldom use it since I'm not a jet griefer and choppers are imminently more practical for everything else.

If you want it to fight in free mode, then absolutely.

It is hands down the most powerful vehicle you can buy for fighting in free mode. With a little practice, you're borderline unstoppable. I've got a guide to it here:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/839274-fighter-jets-strategies/

It's good for free roam, for killing others.

Outside of that, it's really just the fastest method of transportation.

It's really useful if you live in Paleto Bay and want to fly all the way to the city.

But for missions and such, it isn't really worth it. That is Savage's territory.

wavingmountains.gif

Death Rains From Above

While the price of a Hydra stands at 600 times the cost of enabling Cops Blind Eye to nab one from Zancudo, I'd still say it is well worth the price. I love the fact that I can just call up Pegasus for quick access to a jet instead of calling Creepy Uncle Lester and heading out to the base. Not that I'm a jet griefer or anything, I just like having the Hydra to mess around with the VTOL and having the ability to quickly fight back (or at least try to fight back) against players trying to grief me in one, and that has made the $3 Mil purchase well worth it.

If you've already bought the other things you really wanted, I'd say go for it. Although, if I were in your position, I would just hold out until the next update drops to see what it has to offer first before thinking about sinking 3 million. If the past few updates are any good indication, the next update will likely be very pricey as well.

I own one for both of my characters and I purchased those when they were on sale. I mainly use them to get around on the map fast. For that they are good. Especially on special crate hunt Hydra was good (best?) to use. I wouldn't purchase it for 3 $Ms though.

Look, I only use it in missions mainly because I suck at pvp air battles, and I still love it. It's just an awesome machine and a must have.

kietotheworld

If I had $12m and didn't have one I'd definitely get one. It's great for when you're dropped off miles away from your objective in missions, or for missions where you just have to f*ck everything up. Savage is good for this too.

It's a fighter jet you can own. Sure, you gotta call Pegasus, but this is as good as it gets. It also doesn't need a runway and has VTOL capabilities so, there's that. If you're a freeroam warrior, VTOL will come in handy.

Is it worth it? Ehhhhh...that depends. It's more about convenience than anything else.

You could easily just drive/fly to Zancudo and steal a jet off the tarmac. It takes longer and its more challenging (if you don't call Lester) but that's part of the fun. I fly the Hydra if I want a jet immediately and I'm too impatient.

If money is tight and you need an aircraft for missions a Buzzard will suffice.

If convenience and VTOL is the be all, end all of aeronautical enjoyment...then sure, spend $3 Millon.

I only bought the Hydra once I had already purchased everything I wanted.

Edited by ikaR3CON
  • Like 1

KgQS6by.jpg?1

It's a fighter jet you can own. Sure, you gotta call Pegasus, but this is as good as it gets. It also doesn't need a runway and has VTOL capabilities so, there's that. If you're a freeroam warrior, VTOL will come in handy.

Is it worth it? Ehhhhh...that depends. It's more about convenience than anything else.

You could easily just drive/fly to Zancudo and steal a jet off the tarmac. It takes longer and its more challenging (if you don't call Lester) but that's part of the fun. I fly the Hydra if I want a jet immediately and I'm too inpatient.

If convenience and VTOL is the be all, end all of aeronautical enjoyment...then sure, spend $3 Millon.

I bought it the instant I unlocked it. Day 2 after heists update. Full price, and never an ounce of regret.

• Like 3

Only if you jet grief

I don't jet grief and openly admit I suck at pvp air battles. I do my damage on the ground. Still so worth it.

GhostlySentinel

^^^^^^

Total waste of money.

I would trade mine in if I could.

Edited by Aliashu

You could easily just drive/fly to Zancudo and steal a jet off the tarmac. It takes longer and its more challenging (if you don't call Lester) but that's part of the fun. I fly the Hydra if I want a jet immediately and I'm too inpatient.

I bought it the instant I unlocked it.

Day 2 after heists update. Full price, and never an ounce of regret.

I've never regretted buying the Hydra. I just delayed its purchase. I too bought it full price and didn't have an issue.

If the T20 and Osiris can cost $2million, then surely $3M for a fighter jet is a relative bargain. I just think the Hydra is more of a luxury than a necessity. So whether or not it's "worth" it is up to the individual.

KgQS6by.jpg?1

If you want it for fighting, and are wiling to put in a little practice, the Hydra's great.

Jets are notoriously powerful (some might say overpowered, but I don't want to start that here). It goes without saying then that this is the most powerful vehicle for fighting in free mode by far.

If the T20 and Osiris can cost $2million, then surely $3M for a fighter jet is a relative bargain. I just think the Hydra is more of a luxury than a necessity. So whether or not it's "worth" it is up to the individual.

That's a good point.

If Jets are your thing OP, steal a Lazer. It will only cost you 5k for a 'blind-eye' borrow.

Buzzards are more fun anyway. Get one of those.

Edited by Aliashu

Hydra and Buzzard are the only aircraft I need. Worth $3m? Definitely. I was fortunate enough to grab it when it was on discount but if you have $12m just go ahead and buy it and save the other nine million for the next dlc.

One of the best things I've bought in GTA for me. It's very handy to use when somebody is pissing you off or someone is jet griefing, you can get them to leave or go passive quite quickly. Also handy for flying around collecting bounties, the longest free fall, fly under bridges and check point events.

I hate it, regret buying it.....not worth it's price.

There's practically no advantage to owning it over an offensive helicopter, except for the already mentioned Jet Griefing hobby & that alone.

In missions it's obnoxious, as people try to show off with it & take their jolly f*ckin time to hover & stabilize.

Meanwhile another player gets the job done with a Savage or Buzzard.

I would've bought the Lazer for 3 milliion over the Hydra, to use as a counter JG tool.

Edited by Foreverpast

Stealthflight

If you want to spend months in empty bad sport lobbies, sure. Majority of bad sports are jet griefers. If you get one I'd limit myself to 2-3 destroyed vehicles in a 24 hour period,