4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

post are dissapearing.

redman7771red17

Go to solution Solved by Otter,

redman7771red17

I have had some of my post vanish with no warning or explanation.

The latest one that mysteriously disappeared and it didn't even break the users agreement, I made sure of that.

If this is due to some moderator I would like to speak with someone directly and i don't mean make up some frivolous reason before shut off of communications.

I have a feeling this has something to do with a flaming post I made. I understand that being removed but it seems that someone is following up and deleting anything else that is a disagreement and treating that as if it's inciting an argument when in fact it was not.

This is the second time I've seen odd behavior by mods. First time I got insulted in a DLC topic for posting an idea and now someone is removing post without giving any notification, not even so much as a warning. They are just sneakingly removing them and I have good feeling who it might be because I've seen complaints before.

Edited by redman7771red17

I bet you're leaving out some choice details.

I want to see where this goes.

Hopefully nowhere good.

• Like 2

poppafewpills

I've had some of my posts disappear as well...

Apparently freedom of speech ends where someone else's interpretation begins.

Just get over it and post something stupid in another thread, they can't catch them all.

• Like 1

I believe the latest one you're referring to was the one you made here, in which you spent most of it talking about arguing, which is definitely off-topic. I removed all that, left the on-topic bit and un-hid it because the bit at the end was on topic and I'll admit that's what I should have done in the first place, but I kinda missed that because as I said the majority of the post was way off-topic.

I try to PM someone when I move/remove their posts, but when I deal with a batch of posts I sometimes forget.

Just get over it and post something stupid in another thread, they can't catch them all.

Freedom of speech doesn't apply to posting on an internet forum, there's a set of rules that you're meant to abide to and the staff can remove posts accordingly since that's what they're meant to do.

And if you do decide to keep posting stupid things, that results in bans even if not all the posts are removed. Just like 1984 predicted.

Edited by RedDagger

gwZr6Zc.png

The Dedito Gae

I feel you, my best insults get deleted all the time, mods are more corrupt than Richard Nixon and Vince McMahon put together i tell you.

• Like 3

This is the only interpretation you need: The Forum Rules

But please remember, the Forum Rules are upheld at our discretion.
It is our job to interpret them, not yours. If something you post is questionable, just don't post it.
  • Like 1

poppafewpills

Holy sh!t guys, relax.

I was just making a funny...

But you knew that :)

redman7771red17

I bet you're leaving out some choice details.

I want to see where this goes.

Hopefully nowhere good.

No i did not.

I got moderated once for calling someone a idiot.

I'm not stupid enough to break TOS more than once after moderation. I choose my words very carefully. The point I made about the community was harsh but my mannerisms and wording wasn't inflammatory.

I would copy and past here but Its gone.

I believe the latest one you're referring to was the one you made here, in which you spent most of it talking about arguing, which is definitely off-topic. I removed all that, left the on-topic bit and un-hid it because the bit at the end was on topic and I'll admit that's what I should have done in the first place, but I kinda missed that because as I said the majority of the post was way off-topic.

I try to PM someone when I move/remove their posts, but when I deal with a batch of posts I sometimes forget.

Freedom of speech doesn't apply to posting on an internet forum, there's a set of rules that you're meant to abide to and the staff can remove posts accordingly since that's what they're meant to do.

And if you do decide to keep posting stupid things, that results in bans even if not all the posts are removed. Just like 1984 predicted.

Ok good but this is what I'm talking about. If an argument does happen you can't even deal with it in anyway.

All I did was explained why I used insults in the first place and how flame baiting and trolling other users did nothing for the actual discussion. But according to the staff that is considered furthering the argument when in actuality it is not. I was trying to explain why "U mad" is not a valid retort. It was also NOT off topic because the entire point was "Don't use ad hominem, address what people are saying". Sort of like I was pointing out in my last one. How can users get others on task if they can't point this stuff out? Makes no sense.....

At worst one sentence could be interpreted as condescending but that is hard to avoid if you are telling what appears to be a 28 year old that what they did was irrational.

I think I did said they were being irrational but I don't consider that to be insulting.

The worst I did in my last post was stated how our community is looked down at and stereotyped as a bunch of plebeians and posted links to other forums. I didn't insult anyone in particular. That last moderation was grasping at straws.

I too understand that the is no freedom of speech on the internet and am fine with it. the problem I have here is consistency and integrity.

Someone of status implies that I'm under the age of 13 because of an idea I shared, UNPROVOKED, nothing happens even after a report. I make a similar snarky remark and my post is gone.

I get that somethings get missed by mods but some stuff was just a few post above mine on the same page. I believe I was called an "asshat" directly, I tell they could f*ck off if something bothered them and I'm moderated, but they are ok????

It couldn't even get a reasonable answer from a moderator. Never denied my fault in the situation and

I told them people were trolling and baiting and to please do their job professionally and All I got was "You were flaming, that's why you were warned." That's all I could get out of them as if they are some automatic software, like they didn't read what I said to them.

This is the only interpretation you need: The Forum Rules

But please remember, the Forum Rules are upheld at our discretion.
It is our job to interpret them, not yours. If something you post is questionable, just don't post it.

And by interpret you mean pick and choose when a direct insult counts? That's what I got.

It never occurred to me that it was questionable. I was begin totally respectful.

You make it sound as if there is malice intent or people are stupid. The rules are short and simple.

I think everyone with a grade school education can get the rules. There is just a lack of consistency.

Edited by redman7771red17

• Solution

We only try to make the place fun and efficient for all members. Frivolous arguments and posts are hidden or removed solely at the staff's discretion - that's the 'consistency'.

If you need any other help, PM me. Otherwise, try checking out the off topic boards if you're looking for less moderated chatting.

• Like 2