Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,082 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Honker1944

How would you improve GTA III's story?

Fooking Rekt

Darkel.

Mainland should be unlocked after reaching 100%.

Hitmen trying to kill you at random times while not on a mission.

A cutscene where you kill Salvatore.

More realistic car handling.

Bikes.

Helicopters.

crashoverride93

He could use pager instead...

If I'm not mistaking pagers only receive messages not send them.

Typhus

Playing it recently, I think a big problem is that Catalina just isn't an interesting antagonist. She was boring in San Andreas and honestly is boring in III. If we're looking for someone who should be the main antagonist, I would suggest that Donald Love would fit the bill. He's far more powerful than the player, his whole calm demeanor just oozes menace when compared to Catalina's hysterical wailing, and him using all the gangs as pawns for his own illicit activities should have had some kind of comeuppance in the end.

Also, I think it would have been a nice touch to have been able to meet and kill El Burro and King Courtney. Especially as El Burro was so prominent in artwork for the game, and given the sleazy feel of his missions they could have done something pretty special with actually tracking him down.

Jack Lupino

-Have 8ball play a more important role(he disappears after first scene)-like Salvatores assistant who tries to kill claude

-Make toni cipriani the final boss instead of catalina

-Make dodo flyable atleast for one mission(where you find drugs from airport and deliver them to Donald love)

-bring derkel as a mysterious side character

Evil empire

-The ability to play Darkel's missions

-A set of missions where Claude investigates to know if 8ball rigged the car Salvatore asked him to take and where he kills 8balls

-A new leader for the yakuza who discovers Claude assassinated Kenji and tries to avenge him

-A mission to kill King Courtney

-A set of missions where the mafia retaliates for Salvatore's death

-A set of missions in the ghost town

Edited by Evil empire

watersgta3

For all you people saying Claude should've had a dialogue, I think the thing you're missing here is the fact that during GTA 3's release, Claude wasn't originally an actual character. He was just some random person you control. Even the description of the game's synopsis refers to the character by second person.

Back on topic. Well to tell you the truth, it's easy to improve the other stories such as San Andreas and Vice City, but GTA 3's storyline is pretty difficult to improve. Considering the whole plot was to get revenge on the bitch that betrayed you in the beginning of the story, it would be rather difficult to make the plot alone more complex without losing its cohesion. The only improvements I can think of is give Catalina more appearances and have her get a little bit more focus considering her betrayal was what kickstarted this storyline in the first place.

Am Shaegar

Good voice cast

Secondly, I don't understand the reason for running errands. Claude should be working on the condition of not being a delivery or errand boy in the first place. Such missions should be removed and replaced with the kind of objectives that revolve around only one key criteria - Killing Catalina! The story should focus on a couple of interesting characters that will allow Claude to solve his main problem, rather than solving other's irrelevant issues that have nothing to do with the actual plot.

Penguin Bob

All i really ask for is for Claude to talk. If he talked, it would have made somewhat the story better. None of the less, he's still a badass. And i think the story is fine. I just want to Claude to talk to make the storyline better.

Jimmy

and in my honest opinion, Claude is already like Trevor, just without his loudmouthed tendencies...

Is Claude a lover of incest or something?

Not to mention a perverted psychopath.

For me, it's mostly script and feature improvements like extra Savepoints, Purchasable items, changeable outfits etc. Also, I have would loved if they hadn't cut the Dodo's wings short irrespective of Darkel Missions. A proper tutorial on flying do would have been nice too.

NumberNineLarge

I would have scrapped the Maria/Salvatore thing which led to the latter's betrays over a lie you had nothing to do with.

Edited by NumberNineLarge

Journey_95

Give Claude a voice. Would have made GTA 3's way better.

Algonquin Assassin

I kind of like that Claude doesn't talk. It makes him way more mysterious. Like Agent 47 in the older Hitman games. I feel if he had a voice he'd be a very stock and "ÿes sir" type of character probably way more cardboard and 1 dimensional than CJ. The way he's portrayed as a silent killer really fits in with the tone and atmosphere of the game.

If I would change anything it's definitely the homicidal gangs that get pissed off when Claude betrays them. Now that's not to remove the danger element entirely. Just toning it down to a reasonable level as I've always found it really absurd that every single random gang member in the city knows who Claude is.and attacks him on sight. It destroys immersion IMO.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Mr_Rager

I think it would have been nice if they gave Sal more time to be alive, a couple more missions would have made killing him mean more.

Journey_95

I kind of like that Claude doesn't talk. It makes him way more mysterious. Like Agent 47 in the older Hitman games. I feel if he had a voice he'd be a very stock and "ÿes sir" type of character probably way more cardboard and 1 dimensional than CJ. The way he's portrayed as a silent killer really fits in with the tone and atmosphere of the game.

If I would change anything it's definitely the homicidal gangs that get pissed off when Claude betrays them. Now that's not to remove the danger element entirely. Just toning it down to a reasonable level as I've always found it really absurd that every single random gang member in the city knows who Claude is.and attacks him on sight. It destroys immersion IMO.

It just makes it hard to feel invested in the story. CJ for all his faults still felt human (and they tried), with Claude its just like I couldn't care less what happens.

The overall story is one of the weakest of the series and you are right that just having Claude talk wouldn't be enough (look at LCS, Toni is basically just that). I think the Liberty City games are my least favourite one's from the 3D Era while with the HD Era IV is by far my favourite.

Edited by Journey_95

NumberNineLarge

It doesn't really bother me that Claude is mute. When I was a kid and I played this, sure. Now? It's a non-issue to me.

Journey_95

It doesn't really bother me that Claude is mute. When I was a kid and I played this, sure. Now? It's a non-issue to me.

Opposite for me. When I was a kid I didnt care, now I see how it drags down the story.

pete1499

A finale in the ghost town would really be all i want.

And some more phone missions, and the removed content.

More i dont ask, gta 3 is pretty good as is!

Journey_95

I think it would have been nice if they gave Sal more time to be alive, a couple more missions would have made killing him mean more.

I think after playing SA and especially LCS his death already means more but I still would have liked to see more of Sal because he is one of my favourite 3D Era characters.

Edited by Journey_95

AztecWarrior1337

At the end, there is a gunshot. I'd have that shown instead of being a black screen. Maybe a cartel member that Claude missed or a police officer trying to stop the battle? Anyone else thinking the same thing?

Hmmm nice bike

At the end, there is a gunshot. I'd have that shown instead of being a black screen. Maybe a cartel member that Claude missed or a police officer trying to stop the battle? Anyone else thinking the same thing?

Not really, I always thought it was Claude shooting Maria for being annoying and deciding in the end that saving her actually wasn't worth it.

Also, I'd have come up with something better than what we ended up with regarding Donald Love. It felt like a mission explaining what happened ended up getting cut and all we were left with was a cutscene that they had to rush to make to explain why Love is now out of the picture.

BLADE_San_Andreas

Making Claude think about what he will have to do, like if someone told him kill Asuka he would just do it, i mean if he would disagree it would be cool, literary he makes friends and then kill them because someone told him to like wtf, if someone told him to kill his parents for 5 dollars he would do it because he just goes through everything without thinking about anything, he just does objectives and gets paid...

iiCriminnaaL 49

I guess these few things would've made the story even better than what it is now (which is still great after all):

- Voicing Claude.

- Expanding Salvatore's role and making a couple of missions that are related to have fights with the Leones before getting to kill him.

- Improving Kenji's death by making missions where the Yakuza find out that Claude was the real murderer of Kasen, turning to enemies of Claude.

- Killing Toni Cipriani near by the end of the game.

- More appearances of Catalina.

- A face-to-face fight against Catalina in the final mission. Would've been great rather than destroying her heli.

- Making Claude kill Maria in a cutscene after killing Catalina.

CoolMods

I guess these few things would've made the story even better than what it is now (which is still great after all):

- Voicing Claude.

- Expanding Salvatore's role and making a couple of missions that are related to have fights with the Leones before getting to kill him.

- Improving Kenji's death by making missions where the Yakuza find out that Claude was the real murderer of Kasen, turning to enemies of Claude.

- More appearances of Catalina.

- A face-to-face fight against Catalina in the final mission. Would've been great rather than destroying her heli.

agree with all except last. i mean, why would claude kill his girlfriend? :(

iiCriminnaaL 49

Because she got him in heavy troubles and got him nearly killed, as well as ruining his chance of becoming a Leone capo.

He doesn't seem to like her anyway :p

Tao Cheng
Posted (edited)

I'm not a fan of Claude a lot so I would give him a voice and a good backstory.

I hate blank slate protags

Like the GTA Online protagonist.

Blank slate protags give that feel that you're playing as yourself instead of some fat Italian prick in Miami who stuffs himself with cannoli.

Because she got him in heavy troubles and got him nearly killed, as well as ruining his chance of becoming a Leone capo.

He doesn't seem to like her anyway :p

I don't think so. Salvatore tried getting him killed over something petty. Leones aren't jack anyway. They can racketeer all those St. Marks pizza parlors as much as they want.

- As much as that sounds cool, it's not necessary although they'll eventually find out. That will cause the Yakuza to team up with the Cartel.

- There should be a switch in Chatterbox 109 to cut off the Toni and Maria segments after they get killed.

Edited by Tao Cheng

denerys

Utilize Shoreside Vale more maybe for me.

tnz1992
Posted (edited)

Such interest in Darkel fascinates me, it would have been just bunch of rampage missions with little bit of storyline, if he was never removed from the games no one would care about him, he doesn't fit into the game at all.

Whole storyline kinda falls flat after finishing the Portland island in my opinion. I liked the idea that the main character works for Mafia, but I expected way more retaliation after killing Sal. Perhaps if Rockstar added some more missions with Mafia towards the endgame in Shoreside Vale since there's almost no missions there, Claude having to deal with 8ball, Luigi, Joey or Tony again would been nice, I always wanted some closure on what happens after you kill Salvatore, who becomes the don, etc.

Edited by tnz1992

Evil empire

I would add a set of missins after Catalina's death with Donald Love who fails to escape Liberty City, the yakuza discover Love and Claude's involvement in Kenji's assassination and try to murder them both.

Love tries to eliminate Claude so he doesn't denunce him and Claude wins.

Claude then has to deal win the Yakuza and takes advantage of their rivalry with the Leones making alliances with influential persons in both mafias working alternatively for both, kills Toni Cipriani and finally faces the new Yakuza leader.