2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Piracy Prevention....Passive On

RollsReus1959

RollsReus1959

Just encountered a flaw to this. A player comes on to my yacht on passive and switches back on to take it while I'm busy shooting down other players.

This is a very flawed mission.

That or the fact that a jet can just bomb the dick off you for the whole time. Since when do pirates use military aircraft.

• Like 3

RollsReus1959

I was aware of the passive intruder and was constantly monitoring him but it got kind of tough when trying to prevent others from getting on the yacht.

BlaringFiddle

That or the fact that a jet can just bomb the dick off you for the whole time. Since when do pirates use military aircraft.

you don't have the homing launcher? Or are you talking about the jets they steal from the military base (not the hydra)?

EDIT: Lazers I think they are called?

Edited by BlaringFiddle

Greeryboy2410

This ruined the mode for me really. I usually have like 1/3 of everyone coming to the yacht going into passive

They should make it that you can't go into passive whilst on the yacht during Piracy Prevention, and if you're already in passive you can't come out of it unless you get off the yacht

I have encountered passive mode abusers so many times when we have done Piracy Prevention. You can drop a prox mine to the yellow marker, but it still requires one bodyguard to spend time following that loser. It's ridiculous that you can't take part to fr events like top speed challenge when passive mode is on, but you can use passive mode during Piracy Prevention. Also you can use passive mode when you are in Executive Search area which is ridiculous too.

JustSomeBunny

Good God I've never had so many easy kills as while doing piracy prevention. Once you take out their beloved jet the would-be invader respawns nearby on the beach. Snipe snipe snipe...

• Like 8

Good God I've never had so many easy kills as while doing piracy prevention. Once you take out their beloved jet the would-be invader respawns nearby on the beach. Snipe snipe snipe...

That's true. If you are good sniper you can get easily 15-30 kills from Piracy Prevention and even continue killing after that. Most of the players are so easy targets to pick.

• Like 1

you don't have the homing launcher? Or are you talking about the jets they steal from the military base (not the hydra)?

Homing launchers do jacksh*t against any decent pilot in either of the armed jets. You'd be better off shooting them with the default pistol.

That said, jets are mostly a nuisance in Piracy Prevention since most just want to farm easy kills, instead of actually getting down to your yacht to cap the point.

Edited by Mattoropael
  • Like 2

Wow, what a BS move.

The homing launcher's a joke when it comes to jets; any jet, Hydra or Lazer, can easily dodge it. The only thing it might do is buy you a few seconds to snipe at it. See here for proof:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/839274-fighter-jets-strategies/?do=findComment&comment=1068417191

• Like 1

this is why i have suggested to R* to implement a "prompt" to join the events.

all events should have a prompt, upon joining non-participant wont be able to interfere with the participants.

events that require pvp would have passive mode unavailable.

hope one day they would implement it.

yaj if you think

Homing launchers do jacksh*t against any decent pilot in either of the armed jets. You'd be better off shooting them with the default pistol.

lol says use homing launcher, has no idea what both jets are even called.

BlaringFiddle

That said, jets are mostly a nuance in Piracy Prevention since most just want to farm easy kills, instead of actually getting down to your yacht to cap the point.

you should try tho - they may not be a good pilot ... lazer you cant hit - to fast , but hydra can be shot down.

That said, jets are mostly a nuance in Piracy Prevention since most just want to farm easy kills, instead of actually getting down to your yacht to cap the point.

you should try tho - they may not be a good pilot ... lazer you cant hit - to fast , but hydra can be shot down.

The Hydra's even faster; it just has a slower acceleration. If someone uses a Hydra right, they'll never be be shot down. Not once.

• Like 2

yes going against any mediocre player is easy. God forbid you get someone that knows how to swoop properly. You might make them smoke with the heavy sniper if your lucky but generally they just nuke your ass until the timer is up. They don't even attempt the takeover.

Jets see this as a free pass past air defenses and that's it. 4 players locked into a very bombable area and they can't go passive. It's just too easy a target for those c*nts to avoid. Seriously why aren't air defenses allowed during it.

What pirates have ever used aircraft?

• Like 1

yes going against any mediocre player is easy. God forbid you get someone that knows how to swoop properly. You might make them smoke with the heavy sniper if your lucky but generally they just nuke your ass until the timer is up. They don't even attempt the takeover.

Jets see this as a free pass past air defenses and that's it. 4 players locked into a very bombable area and they can't go passive. It's just too easy a target for those c*nts to avoid. Seriously why aren't air defenses allowed during it.

What pirates have ever used aircraft?

Arrrrr! These Hydra controls are hard to work when ye only have a hook for a hand. Arrrrr!

Edit: Arrr! My parrot just smacked against the glass of the cockpit. Arrr!

Edited by Icantthinkofonew
  • Like 7

Homing missiles are easy to dive in a Hydra. Not to mention that the yacht is a very easy target to strafe. Come in at a 90 degree angle, strafe the entire boat. No one will have an angle to lock on.

Smooth Longsack

If you can slam into vtol against a piracy prevention yacht you can kill continuously with the cannon. It's absolutely ridiculous the damage you can cause.

Actually, you can lure your organization to your yacht (assuming they're randoms), start piracy and turn on friendly fire. Kill your own organization 50 times each for ten minutes while in vtol. I know I'm a scumbag but I'm determined to find the absolute asshole limit in this game.

• Like 2

If you can slam into vtol against a piracy prevention yacht you can kill continuously with the cannon. It's absolutely ridiculous the damage you can cause.

Actually, you can lure your organization to your yacht (assuming they're randoms), start piracy and turn on friendly fire. Kill your own organization 50 times each for ten minutes while in vtol. I know I'm a scumbag but I'm determined to find the absolute asshole limit in this game.

you're in a jet so that's already 90% more of a dick bag and the rest of the game so it's a good start

I had somebody try this, but they did it out of order. Started PP, then went to collect their vtol. By the time they got back I had taken the ship without a shot fired :lol:

Shadowfennekin

Passive? How about we ban Jets from the Yacht thing? Set either jets into a Passive state during VIP activities, then the jet babies will leave the session upon learning their toys are useless.

I didn't even know you COULD do that. I never experienced it when starting or participating in Yacht Privacy. Just jet douchebags who can't fight like a real man.

And I know I certainly couldn't turn off Passive when I went to my friend's Yacht while he and two others were fending it off. I just sat watching the party until it ended so he could invite me into the group.

I've only had 1 person do this but it is very stupid how easily it can be abused. They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the yacht in passive. I put a proximity or lots of stickies around the yacht.

Edited by Adeel007

Passive? How about we ban Jets from the Yacht thing? Set either jets into a Passive state during VIP activities, then the jet babies will leave the session upon learning their toys are useless.

I didn't even know you COULD do that. I never experienced it when starting or participating in Yacht Privacy. Just jet douchebags who can't fight like a real man.

And I know I certainly couldn't turn off Passive when I went to my friend's Yacht while he and two others were fending it off. I just sat watching the party until it ended so he could invite me into the group.

Cry more plz...

Stop thinking autoaim on the ground is skill.

Cry more plz...

Stop thinking autoaim on the ground is skill.

It's a video game. Basically, a toy made for adults (supposedly). Skill doesn't factor into it that much regardless.

If you want to talk about skill, go fly a real fighter jet.

Besides, if we're comparing the small amount of "skill" needed in this game, then jets don't need a lot more than playing on the ground. I say that as someone who can fly jets, and has even made a guide to them. People exaggerate how hard it is to fly a virtual plane in this game.

• Like 1

In either a Hydra or Lazer you simply turn on your side and fly in a circle. You're faster than the rocket when you do that so it just follows you till it blows up. I've circled people until they run out of ammo many times now. Sure, they can now buy more ammo from the inventory menu, but they're not gonna hit me and I get them to waste another load of cash :)

they need to do it for the free mode events too (or at the very least allow passive mode to be used in the non-combat events), namely the ones that involve aircraft. I never once have been able to do any of the events that involve flying without getting destroyed by some idiot hiding in Hydra. I just had some player in the session that I was just in force some low level into passive mode during one of the events by blowing him up 6 times. I ended up teaming up with the low level player and the jet griefer ended up going into passive mode and then he must have realized he was not going to be able to grief that player anymore and ended up leaving.

If they were to force automatic passive mode on to both the Lazer and Hydra when if they go near a yacht during the piracy prevention it might actually and make it so they have to use a whole different set of skills and in some cases a new set of skills and fight on ground, and and make it a bit more fun for everyone.

I suppose Rockstar if they really wanted to could possibly figure out a way to have it so Yacht defenses are activated against aircraft only when piracy prevention is going on, that way if one of the jet griefers goes into the defense area they get blown up, but people on ground, yacht and on boats in the water can still use weapons.

they need to do it for the free mode events too (or at the very least allow passive mode to be used in the non-combat events), namely the ones that involve aircraft. I never once have been able to do any of the events that involve flying without getting destroyed by some idiot hiding in Hydra. I just had some player in the session that I was just in force some low level into passive mode during one of the events by blowing him up 6 times. I ended up teaming up with the low level player and the jet griefer ended up going into passive mode and then he must have realized he was not going to be able to grief that player anymore and ended up leaving.

If they were to force automatic passive mode on to both the Lazer and Hydra when if they go near a yacht during the piracy prevention it might actually and make it so they have to use a whole different set of skills and in some cases a new set of skills and fight on ground, and and make it a bit more fun for everyone.

I suppose Rockstar if they really wanted to could possibly figure out a way to have it so Yacht defenses are activated against aircraft only when piracy prevention is going on, that way if one of the jet griefers goes into the defense area they get blown up, but people on ground, yacht and on boats in the water can still use weapons.

I second that and raise you jets only for that

The Wandering Hunter

it's irrelevant which jet it is

they both really f*ck up piracy prevention, provided the pilot is semi compitent

People in Passive Mode while I am doing these VIP missions is kind of annoying... I have to take time and keep and eye on the person so they don't get the infamous "Passive Mode Kill".

Edited by Fennimoe