3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

"Rooftop Rumble" Contact Mission

darkgreenmeme

darkgreenmeme

"We all know the FIB listen to our calls, read our emails, LifeInvader alerts, and Bleets, but it turns out they actually get some useful information as well. So useful, I will pay you heavily to get it back off them for me. Ambush the team, and bring their files to my place. You'll be rewarded."

Martin Madrazo contact mission, unlocked at L75, 1-4 players [GTA Wiki]

Feel free to discuss your favorite methods and techniques for playing this mission, and disseminate any information about how the mission might change between updates.

Edited by darkgreenmeme

I wondered when Rooftop Rumble would appear.

There are so many stories/discussions I could have on success and fails with this mission as I have lost track the amount of times I've played it

and also the amount of deaths since I went online.

However I'll only mention my highlight which is the document car chase, it was a friend of mine got me started doing this and I know many of you will

say I risk failing the mission but it's not happened yet.

When chasing the document car it's fun to pop out his tires (I try to get all 4) because it's amusing to watch his car going spinderella every corner

because someone shot the tyres, I keep expecting to see in the game notes.

Added Bulletproof tyres to the document car in Rooftop Rumble due to players gaining extra cash from the additional time added to the mission.

• Like 4

darkgreenmeme

I was waiting for the "They have to tone down the BS on rooftop rumble" thread to die down before adding this one.

This mission is perhaps the one that gets tweaked the most by Rockstar.

blow up is good for solo rp and money you just need to play atleast 10 min

The most efficient way of making money from missions is to finish a mission in 4:01 (if possible) while spending as little money as necessary to complete it.

I missed the drive back to Madrazzo's in Rooftop Rumble V1. Between the Professionals chasing ya, and the crazy traffic that freaks out even when nobody's around. Made for some good laughs when playing with randumbs.

Great mission for solo on hard when i want a break. 5 minutes to get to Madrazo's house then park and come back for the high max pay.

The most fun i had with RR was the double pay weekend in May 2014. That was before the mission was changed and mission pay was $17,500 regardless of time. Online also worked better then, and joining randoms for the quick double pay of $35,000 worked great. No mission sabotage just serious grinding where 10+ plays per hour could be grinded all weekend.

Edited by jazzbone

The most efficient way of making money from missions is to finish a mission in 4:01 (if possible) while spending as little money as necessary to complete it.

From my experience the longer you take the more money pays out, 8 - 10 minutes pays me around 12K whereas waiting 15 -16 minutes pays out about 20K and much higher RP

From my experience the longer you take the more money pays out, 8 - 10 minutes pays me around 12K whereas waiting 15 -16 minutes pays out about 20K and much higher RP

In 8-10 minutes (which pays out $15750 for Rooftop Rumble), you could make $11250 from completing Rooftop Rumble in just over 4 minutes and another $9150-$11430 from completing another mission in just over 4 minutes.

In 15+ minutes, you could again make over $30k with time to spare by doing 3 missions (and partway through a 4th).

Edited by Jmac
  • Like 1

In 15+ minutes, you could again make over $30k with time to spare by doing 3 missions ( and partway through a 4th.

Sounds great. Please detail how this can be done. What missions, console gen or pc, solo or with 4, ect.

Blow up is easy to replay with minimal time between plays but 3 plays in 15 minutes will not pay $30k. RR rumble maybe even since the player spawn location after the mission was changed. Climbing the hill and driving into Madrazo's driveway still offer replay of RR to start close to the mission location.

The best per minute pay may be at 4:01, but most missions pay less or much less than $10k at 4:01. Also there is the wasted time between missions unless picking from the list. The old playlists that may be still downloadable only offer 4 missions and all pay less than $30k for 3 plays in 15 minutes. Coveted, one of those 4, that R* messed up and is now as much fun as hitting your thumb with a hammer.

Edited by jazzbone

In 15+ minutes, you could again make over $30k with time to spare by doing 3 missions ( and partway through a 4th.

Sounds great. Please detail how this can be done. What missions, console gen or pc, solo or with 4, ect.

Blow up is easy to replay with minimal time between plays but 3 plays in 15 minutes will not pay $30k. RR rumble maybe even since the player spawn location after the mission was changed. Climbing the hill and driving into Madrazo's driveway still offer replay of RR to start close to the mission location.

The best per minute pay may be at 4:01, but most missions pay less or much less than $10k at 4:01. Also there is the wasted time between missions unless picking from the list. The old playlists that may be still downloadable only offer 4 missions and all pay less than $30k for 3 plays in 15 minutes. Coveted, one of those 4, that R* messed up and is now as much fun as hitting your thumb with a hammer.

PS4, solo (invite only)... though the payout should be the same for every platform, to the best of my understanding.

I can complete the following missions in less than 4.5 minutes (your mileage may vary):

All missions assume you use an Armored Kuruma as your personal vehicle. Some missions require an attack helicopter such as the Buzzard to achieve the time. 4:01 payout in () parentheses.

* - Using a Buzzard

Trash Talk ($11430)*

Rooftop Rumble ($11250)

Show Me The Monet ($10650)

Holed Up - Burton ($10500) [Have to time killing the final enemy right to get 4:01 payout as you can't control how fast the NPC drives]

Cleaning The Cat House ($10350)*

Editor and Thief ($10350)

Mixed Up With Coke ($10350)*

Crystal Clear Out III ($10200)*

Water The Vineyard ($10200)

Check Out Time ($10050)

Blow Up III ($9930)*

Crank Up The Volume ($9900)

No Smoking ($9900)

War And Pieces ($9900)

High Priority Case ($9750)*

Lost MC RIP ($9750)*

Potshot ($9750)

Turbine Carbine ($9750)

Out Of Court Settlement ($9660)

Time To Get Away ($9630)

Blow Up II ($9600)

Caught Napping ($9600)

Fuelling The Flames ($9600)

Lost My Mind ($9600)

Artificial Scarcity ($9570)*

Dirt Road ($9570)

Ticket to Elysium ($9540)

Chasers II ($9480)

Crystal Clear Out II ($9480)*

San Andreas Seoul ($9480)

Violent Duct ($9450)

Romance Isn't Dead ($9390)

Blow Up ($9360)

Gassed Up ($9360)

All In The Game ($9300)

El Burro Heists ($9300)

Meth'd Up ($9210)

Deal Breaker ($9180)

Death Metal ($9180)

Flood In The LS River ($9180)

Pier Pressure ($9180)

Ballas To The Wall ($9150)

Chasers ($9150) [Can take way longer than 4 minutes if not done properly]

Rockford Roll ($9150)

Where Credit's Due ($9150)

That's 45 of the 84 playable missions that can be done in under 4.5 minutes, in my experience. There are about another 20 missions that I can complete in under 6.5 minutes (which, with the exceptions of Chopper Tail, Defender, and Diamonds Are For Trevor, reduce your pay per minute compared to even the lowest-paying 4-minute missions).

If you start with Trash Talk ($11430) and then play two random 4-minute missions from the list, even the lowest paying missions ($9150 each), you still end up with $29730 for less than 15 minutes of work. In most cases, you'll easily clear the $30k mark given that you're rarely going to end up with 5 low-paying missions to choose from.

Trash Talk ($11430) and Editor And Thief ($10350) both spawn you at the default spawn location (rather than where you started the mission), making them good starting missions.

You could also play The Los Santos Connection, which pays $28400 for 15 minutes of work, assuming you collect the $8000 in cash from the crates.

And the Crystal Clear Out III playlist pays $10200 per job and is available up to x16. I did a x10 recently, so the x4 limit is no longer true (if it ever was).

All of those would pay at least $5.9k more per 15 minutes than doing Rooftop Rumble in 15 minutes for $22500.

Spawn a tank a few blocks to the north under the highway.

Run over everything hostile until the car with package is about to spawn.

If someone else gets the package and tries to idle with the package at the end of the mission, run over them too.

Has anyone ever thought why is it called rooftop rumble? There are no rooftops in this mission. I don't get it.

darkgreenmeme

Has anyone ever thought why is it called rooftop rumble? There are no rooftops in this mission. I don't get it.

There is a rooftoop to the parking garage with stair access.. The stairs are to the right of the entrances to the south.

There is a rooftoop to the parking garage with stair access.. The stairs are to the right of the entrances to the south.

From what I remember being told is that Rooftop Rumble and High Priority Case got their names and description switched by accident due to a glitch that occurred at the beginning of GTAOnline's release. I don't know if it's true or not but it's just what I've been told and so I always believed it.

^ It's a Martin Mission tho

I think it has a deeper, symbolic meaning, Martin professing his love for us from the rooftops in an appropriate way

• Like 3

I hear Rooftop Rumble is best played with a Tank for maximum profitably.

I don't have a tank (yet) or a kuruma (never) & my technique is not the most efficient, so I avoid it when I can.

Anyway, I kill the people outside first, then heads towards the eastern side of the garage & shoot everyone from the area between the 2 floors...

Then follow the guy in the fugitive & kill him before he reaches the construction site.

I recently bought the turreted limo & I can't wait to try it out in rooftop rumble

DentureDynamite
From what I remember being told is that Rooftop Rumble and High Priority Case got their names and description switched by accident due to a glitch that occurred at the beginning of GTAOnline's release. I don't know if it's true or not but it's just what I've been told and so I always believed it.

This explanation used to be on GTA Wiki, but has since been removed (by someone); neither mission lists this anymore...hmm.

I do recall reading it on GTA Wiki on at least one of the missions.

I recently bought the turreted limo & I can't wait to try it out in rooftop rumble.

Don't get your hopes up. The mini-gun is unprotected, and all it takes is one or two NPC terminators to get a few shots in to make short work of you... just sayin'!

Edited by DentureDynamite

This explanation used to be on GTA Wiki, but has since been removed (by someone); neither mission lists this anymore...hmm.

I recently bought the turreted limo & I can't wait to try it out in rooftop rumble.

Don't get your hopes up. The mini-gun is unprotected, and all it takes is one or two NPC terminators to get a few shots in to make short work of you... just sayin'!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to be carful. :)

Edited by IceDree

I am going to wager there is a death from the turret seat, just make sure you start from the bridge side of the garage as the terminators will get

you immediately (personal experience) and make sure to have a driver, you won't have enough time to switch before the shooting starts.

I am going to wager there is a death from the turret seat, just make sure you start from the bridge side of the garage as the terminators will get

you immediately (personal experience) and make sure to have a driver, you won't have enough time to switch before the shooting starts.

Cool, thanks!

• 1 month later...
darkgreenmeme

Here's a run through of "Rooftop Rumble" solo with just a compact rifle, using less than 600 rounds. Although I used an armored car, it wasn't used as a gunning platform.

Edited by darkgreenmeme

It's not true. It's a GTA Online urban legend. The name High Priority Case makes a lot of sense for the actual mission, because it's high in the sky. I think they originally placed the actors on the roof of the parking garage, there is sometimes one spawning there. This probably did not play too well, so they changed it and forgot to think of another name. The RR description does not fit to HPC and vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...

Save your money and get the insurgent with the 50. cal! IT ROCKS! More protection and better off road performance, my son got the limo and it can't take the damage the insurgent can! The 50 on the insurgent is a good gun!

Get on top of the wall on the South side of the enemies, and cover behind the bushes there. Without aiming (RT only) pump a few grenade launcher rounds in, then use combat MG or whatever to mop up the remnants.

Watch for the Fugitive that spawns to the West when you first arrive.

The 2nd pair of incoming Fugitives can be stopped with a 50 cal or RPG etc. Try not to blow up the Eastern one as this used to cause a fail sometimes, not sure if that's fixed or not.

Shoot the documents driver from behind or ideally to the right - his car is prone to blowing up, and you'll want to avoid the fuel tank on the left. If you follow him all the way to the destination then there's 4 enemy NPCs there too.

When playing with randoms always try to make sure you get the docs, as this mission attracts "herr derr gonna wait 20mins" players who don't have the courtesy to play solo. Generally they'll wait on one of the rooftops at Madrazo's to avoid being flattened by other players, so chopper blades FTW.

For novelty purposes only, and because this happens on RR more than anywhere, if your randoms piss you off too much and you have the docs then go to the Blaine County mine, blow the doors, go all the way to the back of the mine and quit :devil:

Edited by Gridl0k
  • Like 2

Tails Prower

I'll have to give you that one GridlOk some very good tips there.

I don't think the documents car is as prone to blow up now as it used to be as I have shot it up quite a number of times of late when completing this mission and not

had it fail on me and part of my routine now is to ensure I destroy the documents car as much as possible during the run to the farm..

darkgreenmeme

I'll have to give you that one GridlOk some very good tips there.

I don't think the documents car is as prone to blow up now as it used to be as I have shot it up quite a number of times of late when completing this mission and not

had it fail on me and part of my routine now is to ensure I destroy the documents car as much as possible during the run to the farm..

Are you saying that the documents are explosion proof now? It seems they've been dumbing down a few missions this way.

TheFroggmann

RR Solo:

Start mission

Drive around to the northwest entrance to the alleyway, plant a prox in the center of the alleyway.

(Optional) plant a stickie in the center of the crosswalk at the southeast corner of the building.

Park your car nose in to the 45* corner of the building, take cover.

Shoot both outside guys. Wait.

Two guys will start running out and at the same time a fugitive will come around the corner and park on top of the crosswalk.

(Optional) Blow the fugitive.

Shoot whomever comes out to rush you. Best method: pop out of cover get off three rounds, back in cover. Do this until all outside targets are dead.

Climb over car and take cover next to the southwest garage entrance. Wait until the guy/gal pops out from behind the column in the middle of the garage Pop, shoot, pop shoot until they are dead.

Kill any variable targets you can get from this location. Once you have just the people behind the cars wait for them to be reloading and make your move to the inner wall of the garage. Do this carefully, on XB1 your char sometimes will derp out and run right into the garage entrance, not sure about other platforms.

Take cover behind the inner wall. Pop, shoot, pop shoot until these people are dead.

(Optional) set a sticky at the southwest crosswalk.

At this point you have the guy by the dumpster/fugitive in the southeast garage. Either shoot it out with him or toss a grenade. I do the latter.

(Optional) Blow the sticky when the Fugitive is halfway through the intersection.

2 Fugitives spawn, the proxy takes care of the one that goes down the alley, The one that spawns near you will be clueless until they stop, take cover behind your car and freeaim for headshots as the car approaches. If not be on the other side of your car and be ready to pop shoot.

Document fugitive spawns, You can either shoot him now (be accurate, the car blows easily) or arrive at the destination early. I prefer to arrive early.

Go midway up the hill and snipe the guys that are waiting, Initially kill 1 guy from each group, This will make life so much easier. Kill the guy behind the grainger and wait for the courier.

Courier arrives (Optional: shoot him in the leg and let the other guys kill him) Kill him then snipe the other two guys. They will help you kill him so let them do that before giving them their severance package.

Collect the package, beware of the little folding sign. That thing will f*ck you up.

When exiting the farm go left instead of right. follow the course when the GPS figures it out. Near the Blow up II lot there is a liquor store, Shoot the registers for extra cash, shoot the customers for a little more.

Finish the mission.

Bonus points if the Mariachis spawn and you run them over.

• Like 1

darkgreenmeme

Bonus points if the Mariachis spawn and you run them over.

Where do they spawn and do you have to do anything special?