2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The end of the vehicle guides

Hunter

I don't know how many people have even seen them, but lately I've been making a lot of guides and tips (including the helicopters guide, and Insurgents guide). Unfortunately, I will probably not be able to continue them.

In one topic in the guides and strategies section, someone called it out as "griefing", and that they should all be grouped under one thread.

Unfortunately, it looks like they had a point that the chapters of each guide could not have their own thread (something I was unaware of), and they have now been grouped together. That's fine; that's just the rules. But several chapters are missing. Where they went, if they were overlooked, I don't know.

I did have a complete guide to helicopters, and had almost finished a similar guide for Insurgents. But now several parts of the helicopter guide are gone/have not been put in with the grouped thread. If I can do anything/get them back, I will, but that looks unlikely.

Apologies to anyone who found the guides useful. I tried.

You should just get in touch with a moderator. Sorry, but you've just created a new thread to explain that you've been creating a load of threads and that they've been merged into one. How is making another thread going to make this any better? You should have kept this in the actual thread you're talking about.

Seriously - get in touch with a moderator and find out what happened to your missing threads. Discuss it with someone who can actually help. This is beyond attention seeking.

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 1

You should just get in touch with a moderator. Sorry, but you've just created a new thread to explain that you've been creating a load of threads and that they've been merged into one. How is making another thread going to make this any better? You should have kept this in the actual thread you're talking about.

Seriously - get in touch with a moderator and find out what happened to your missing threads. Discuss it with someone who can actually help. This is beyond attention seeking.

This has nothing to do with the threads being merged; this has to do with threads going missing.

This thread isn't trying to make it better, or ask for attention - I'm simply letting anyone who found the guides useful know that they have to be stopped, unfortunately.

This has nothing to do with the threads being merged; this has to do with threads going missing.

This thread isn't trying to make it better, or ask for attention - I'm simply letting anyone who found the guides useful know that they have to be stopped, unfortunately.

Okay, you're not too clever. I've reported this so a moderator sees it and can hopefully help you. I'm out - good luck.

• Like 1

Could you give me some links, if you still have them?

• Like 3

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

Okay, you're not too clever. I've reported this so a moderator sees it and can hopefully help you. I'm out - good luck.

I don't see what my intelligence has to do with this.

Report it all you want; I don't really care. I'm simply letting anyone who found the guides useful know that they're not continuing. Important segments of these guides have vanished, and I really can't be bothered chasing them up or recreating them.

Could you give me some links, if you still have them?

I don't have them. They're gone.

Edited by Icantthinkofonew

Well, posts don't vanish into thin air, so they're obviously somewhere. Do you you remember the name of the threads, anything that can help me track them down?

• Like 1

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

Anyway, I'm not asking for help with this. The topics themselves (and so the links to them) are gone. All this thread has been made for is to warn anyone who appreciated the guides why I'm unable to continue them.

If other people want to turn the thread into a mass argument, that's cool by me I don't really care.

There are still bits and pieces of them left anyway - hopefully people will find what's left of them useful. But there are quite a few important parts of them that are gone.

How's he "not too clever"? He explained to you pretty clearly why this thread exists and you chose to act like a pr*ck for no reason.

He's got issues with me, has had for a while.

I think it mostly stems from me wanting the Hunter. Fair enough that people find my picture/wanting the Hunter annoying I guess, but to persistently go against me because of it is a bit weird in my opinion. Oh well, what's done is done.

For anyone curious, the missing parts of the helicopter guide were on destroying tanks, fighting other helicopters, shooting in general from helicopters, and on using the Cargobob to help players on the ground. I'm not sure where they've gone. If they turn up, I'll see if I can do anything with them/make them into an ordered guide. If not, there's not much I can do.

whywontyoulisten

They weren't guides, they were a million topics of "hey, I haven't thought about what I'm going to put here yet but it's going to be good!"; they also covered things that everyone has discussed elsewhere. Go and make your own website if you must (re)post drivel/stuff that you've copied from other people, and stop spamming gtaforums.

They weren't guides, they were a million topics of "hey, I haven't thought about what I'm going to put here yet but it's going to be good!"; they also covered things that everyone has discussed elsewhere. Go and make your own website if you must (re)post drivel/stuff that you've copied from other people, and stop spamming gtaforums.

Shhhh. They looked a lot like guides to me, and plenty of people told me they found them useful. So there.

Anyway, the lesson has been learnt - contributing stuff that's helpful is, overall, not appreciated here. It's strange to me, since that section is called guides and strategies, but what can you do? Oh well.

whywontyoulisten

plenty of people told me they found them useful.

• Like 1

plenty of people told me they found them useful.

And I smell a bored troll. Shhh.

Edit: and they were effective enough that the usual crybabies wanted them silenced, so something must have been done right about them.

Edited by Icantthinkofonew

whywontyoulisten

Edit: and they were effective enough that the usual crybabies wanted them silenced, so something must have been done right about them.

So let me get this straight: people complained about your topics because they were too good?

Edited by whywontyoulisten
  • Like 1

None of your topics were removed or binned. They were either merged together or left alone.

Search your post history (not just your topic history) and you will be able find them.

So let me get this straight: people complained about your topics because they were too good?

If you read the original post, you'll see someone called out the guides as encouraging "griefing". So yes, clearly there are a large amount of vehicle - haters here who did not want the guides around.

None of your topics were removed or binned. They were either merged together or left alone.

Search your post history (not just your topic history) and you will be able find them.

This.

We can't help you if you aren't willing to help yourself.

• Like 2