2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why is the cost of moving your Yacht so high ?

Spadge

Why does it cost 25k to move it ?

Is that inspired by real life yacht ownership (like a sea-traffic fee) or just a cheap mechanic to make us spend ? The Captain and that french chick behind the bar already get a monthly salary, so it can't be that, is it to avoid exploits ? Well, if they really wanted to, the developer could have implemented a cooldown timer, like with pretty much every element in the game. You can move your Yacht as much as you like, so you can still technically exploit it or make the servers go wild, no clue.

If the cost was lower we could maybe say fuel, or whatever that thing runs on, or is it maybe because they always forget to take the jet skis with them, so they a to buy a new pair every time they throw anchor ? I got no clue.

Looked up expenses related to Yacht ownership on the web, nothing like that was mentionned. Any ideas ?

Random arbitrary number. It costs the same regardless of distance moved, and even though it moves around the map constantly you are only charged when you are the one to move it. Personally i think the entire Yacht thing was designed to extract cash from players to entice them to buy shark cards. They already cost in the 6-10 million range, which is an astronomical amount for most players. A lot of players have already paid for shark cards to buy yachts, this is just a way to ensure those players keep spending after the yacht is already purchased.

• Like 6

Stealthflight

I have enough to buy a yacht but I have alternative things in mind too. Sofar the only players I know that have bought one are kids or older kids whose parents bought them a shark card. Still thinking of backing out, Afraid I might get bored with it

Rashkovskys Shiv

Let's see $25k is about the same as blowing up a T20.About the payout of a good mission played on Hard,and just one heist setup on Hard.

Well it's nothing to me... they say, Work hard, Play Hard.

• Like 1

SkynetOnlineID

There's no official announcement stating why the yacht moving prices are high.

• Like 3

ghostrider135

Because of fuel costs for the fuel that doesn't even exist, Nah I joke we all know its to boost shark card sales, Anyone who doesn't believe its just a way for R* to make more money is a moron.

• Like 1

Gotta pay the big tip for the capitan

Its inspired by paying the ceo of rockstar his wage. End of story. When you start thinking it has anything to do with a real yacht youve become truly gullible.

Edited by elfoam
  • Like 1

if you have millions to buy a yacht, paying a mere 25k to move it shouldnt be a problem...

also making money in the game is so easy, that i dont get why people complain about stuff like this.

• Like 6

That's chump change. Put work in.

Really dude it's like 5 mins worth of free roam activities.

• Like 2

This I don't know, but I think a better question to ask than "Why is the cost of moving your yacht so high?" could be, "Why is there a %$#&@ cost to move your yacht in the first place???"

In fact, I purposely don't move mine because even though I can afford the move, I resent the fee.

When other players board my yacht and someone says, "hey, can we move it closer to the ferris wheel area?" I beat them senseless with the golf club.

Gleaning money from players with illegitimate money is one thing, but players who bought Shark Cards are having their funds sucked away via nefarious fees like this one.

Stupid idea to charge for this. Grr.

• Like 9

Paying 25K is nothing for me, i however am greatly disappointed about the fact that now that the yachts just teleports to places, we can't dock on the roof of the eclipse tower. I mean, why not? Its a static object anyway and the view is great right there.

• Like 3

MRM95Jb.png

I've never moved my yacht, but it's been in just about every spawn point on the map. Not really sure why you would bother paying the fee in the first place. I don't want to be one of those people but if it really bothers players, the best thing to do would be NOT MOVE YOUR YACHT. Eventually Rockstar would catch on and realize more people would move at half the cost. I've moved 0 times...if it were 10k I may actually move once in a while. But economics like that seem to be above the heads of those in charge....

• Like 2

This I don't know, but I think a better question to ask than "Why is the cost of moving your yacht so high?" could be, "Why is there a %$#&@ cost to move your yacht in the first place???"

In fact, I purposely don't move mine because even though I can afford the move, I resent the fee.

When other players board my yacht and someone says, "hey, can we move it closer to the ferris wheel area?" I beat them senseless with the golf club.

Gleaning money from players with illegitimate money is one thing, but players who bought Shark Cards are having their funds sucked away via nefarious fees like this one.

Stupid idea to charge for this. Grr.

I worked as a dishwasher in a barnes & noble cafe when I was a teenager. This B&N was in a strip mall with a half dozen other stores, high end things like Anthropologie, and a couple high end restaurants. The landlord probably pulled down $80k a month in rent. He'd visit the cafe sometimes in his SL65 AMG with custom 22" chrome rims (this is a 70 year old man.) Every time he'd get a small coffee for $1.40 and every time he'd use his barnes and noble membership card to save 10% on that coffee. 14 cents. Young me took that to heart. Point is, I'm with you on this. I don't throw good money on stupid sh*t.

I know im going to sound like a dick, but the reason is because Rockstar said so. If you bought a yacht but cant afford to move it, you probably shouldnt have bought one in the first place. It is what it is.

• Like 2

I never move my yacht. It changes location each session anyway and I'm not there to admire the great view I might or might not have. Since I'm VIP 99% of the time, it's only used during then, and the 1% is just me relaxing on it.

The delivery fee is there for no reason, no logical answer can explain this because there is none. It's there because Rockstar wants it to be there. That's the sole reason why.

signature500x-e1644500940546.png

CrysisAverted

Hey man buy a yacht, it sure doesn't have any hidden fees or anything.

- R* scammer employee of the week

Edited by CrysisAverted

How is it that when players earn $25K in game it's considered "chump change", but when asked to spend the same amount people lose their sh*t?

• Like 7

If only we had the ability to actually cruise to a spot for 25k that would be actually worth it.

CrysisAverted

If only we had the ability to actually cruise to a spot for 25k that would be actually worth it.

This

You buy a boat which you expect to sail, but you can't, you can only teleport the ship around... which I guess considering the technology that goes into a boat of its size teleporting... explains the $25k price tag.

You complain about having to pay $25k to move an $8M-$10M yacht. It's like complaining because you have to pay $1 for an app when you can afford/have an iPhone 6.

Edited by iSaint9
  • Like 3

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Its not expensive at all if you truely can afford it

HelloMyNameIs...

Because its GTA Online. You know the game that charges you for every little thing. Good thing I don't own a yacht. #poorpeopleproblems :p

NBAKingzFan10

The moral of this thread? Don't ask questions in which you actually expect an answer.

Then again, that's the moral of 75% of all threads in this section, so shame on you OP for not knowing better.

OT: No one knows why it's 25k, or why it was implemented. *Insert passive aggressive comment about how easy money is to make in an attempt to bypass the question and indirectly make fun of OP for being so poor*