2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why is R* not banning modded accounts?

Adeel007

So obvious on current gen consoles when they all have stupid ranks like 6000 which is impossible.

The worst thing is these annoying kids run around with an invisible body making it hard to snipe them since they suck too much to play fair.

Is it so hard to do a search of all the accounts which stupid ranks and just ban them all? These people bring nothing to GTA.

Edited by Adeel007
  • Like 2

Because they probably have their hands full just trying to deal with the craziness on PC

Invisible body isn't (necessarily) a modded account, but just a glitched outfit.

It would also take more effort than it's probably worth to R*

• Like 1

Because Rockstar knows damn well that they would f*ck up and delete/ban legit accounts, there would be a sh*tstorm of hate and negative feedback..

• Like 3
Mainthreadrule.gif

Invisible body isn't (necessarily) a modded account, but just a glitched outfit.

It would also take more effort than it's probably worth to R*

I really doubt it would take much effort at all. I mean all they have to do is look at their rank name..bing, bam boom banned.

Honestly I think they would have to wipe out way too many players. There would be no one left to play with lol

On ps3 alone theyd be wiping out hundreds of thousands of players, if not more.

Edited by StangOne50

Why are you asking us? You should ask Rockstar.

• Like 1

R* nerfing, anti fun policy along with cheaters helps reduce the player base. Therefore saving the company money. If we bought more shark cards R* would reverse its anti fun policy and deal with cheaters.

This. Plus, it's a case of sheer numbers. Let's say 500,000 play this game weekly online. They could dedicate a few thousand staff to GTA online abuses alone and they'd still be swamped. That's why R* went to the automated flag system. They simply don't have the desire to hire a support staff of 10,000 people 24/7 to police GTA online exclusively. They'll let the automated flag and anti-cheat systems deal with things on a individual level with the "wide brush" patching things out on a large level rather.

Its a case of numbers and it's easier to have flag systems then hire large staffs.

Because they probably have their hands full just trying to deal with the craziness on PC

Fantasy. They made $50 some million in the closing months of 2015 on cash cards. Are you saying that at 100 million they'd change policy and strategy?

You really don't know how things work do you... R* is investing in automated systems to combat alterations to the game. That won't change if they made 250 million off microtransactions. They simply will not be hiring a huge support staff to police GTA online only.

If we bought more shark cards R* would reverse its anti fun policy and deal with cheaters.

Yes, an occasional modded account existing is far less damaging to the bottom dollar than server wide wipes that snares thousands of players who get erroneously bad sported/banned/money wiped. That has the potential to make people walk away where a modded account is just an annoyance to some.

Because Rockstar knows damn well that they would f*ck up and delete/ban legit accounts, there would be a sh*tstorm of hate and negative feedback..

CayDee means nothing in this game. Too easy to manipulate and alter either through mods or nefarious tactics. The "600.000 KD" you might see is more of a joke. Personally, it's rather stupid. It's like painting a target on your ass saying "modded" account. Part of the art is to not be noticeable nor draw attention to yourself.

That said the only people who care about CayDee are free roam warriors who need a badge to point to and say "I'm a badass." Yeah, yeah, go sit down and drink your grape juice while the grown ups play.

High KD is NOT an indicator of skill. Neither is high rank. Hell after 120, ranking is useless.

Edited by zoso80

I like the ones that give themselves millions of PvP kills.

High KD is NOT an indicator of skill. Neither is high rank. Hell after 120, ranking is useless.

Arrows to Athens

It gives them that feeling of superiority, because you know, they have a superiority complex.

Edited by Fearx--

Modded accounts are awesome, i would probably pick one up if the darn outfits weren't limited to 10. I'm more of a glitcher anyway.

Modded accounts are awesome, i would probably pick one up if the darn outfits weren't limited to 10. I'm more of a glitcher anyway.

Careful, you're liable to get crucified in these parts talking like that. Some people here get really butthurt when you mention glitching. If you received modded money, may God have mercy on your soul.

• Like 3

Arrows to Athens

Careful, you're liable to get crucified in these parts talking like that. Some people here get really butthurt when you mention glitching. If you received modded money, may God have mercy on your soul.

Just be quiet when Jenkiii and Blasterman4ever are around.

• Like 2

Ranking up to 135 gets you 10 body armours though.

Yeah; that's the last rank that matters

• Like 2

You get different colored backgrounds for your rank at 500 and 750 :rol:. Pretty meaningless but I'd say 750 is where it becomes truly meaningless.

• Like 1

sleepinginlife

Skjermbilde%202016-01-19%20kl.%2001.51.1

u think this is modded account? hahaha

xbox one btw

Edited by sleepinginlife
  • Like 1

Blasterman4EVER

Because you're not reporting them enough!

I report anybody with an 8000 level every 5-10 minutes! As many times as the system allows before I leave the session! Report them over and over again and tell everyone in the session to report them and kick them until they are gone!

Don't complain if you are not vigilant! Report and report again!

I don't understand the sarcasm. Or whatever you're doing... what?

Edited by Blasterman4EVER
  • Like 2

1000 is reasonable anything like 2k or 7k is a modded account

I'm thinking of opening a thread to see if I should start a 2nd character since I'm over 135.

So obvious on current gen consoles when they all have stupid ranks like 6000 which is impossible.

The worst thing is these annoying kids run around with an invisible body making it hard to snipe them since they suck too much to play fair.

Is it so hard to do a search of all the accounts which stupid ranks and just ban them all? These people bring nothing to GTA.

This totally belongs here:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/823972-gtao-the-official-btch-moan-topic/page-702

Also R* won't ban them. More likely they will ban you just cause. And to be honest, i think that would be the right thing.

Edited by HeavyDuke

MRM95Jb.png

Hello bitching moaner, you are now classed in the same moaning bitch class as all the others. And we all know how much this forum loves moaning bitches!

He's right though.

• Like 1

The same reason why rockstar hasn't added a anti cheat system to stop money glitches. I try not to worry too much about them as most players with modded accounts can't play for sh*t or resort to using cheap tactics.

Edited by Nick1020

I report anybody with an 8000 level every 5-10 minutes! As many times as the system allows before I leave the session! Report them over and over again and tell everyone in the session to report them and kick them until they are gone!

You mad bro? Modded accounts on CG have absolutely nothing that gives them an advantage. What's the big deal? If you wanna grind to make money and get rank, feel free. A lot of people don't. Not to mention the modded cars missing parts and modded paint jobs look f*cking legit.

You mad bro? Modded accounts on CG have absolutely nothing that gives them an advantage. What's the big deal? If you wanna grind to make money and get rank, feel free. A lot of people don't. Not to mention the modded cars missing parts and modded paint jobs look f*cking legit.

Hell yeah! Love having my cars in worn crew color, and my Sanchez with street wheels! That thing is sweet!

You mad bro? Modded accounts on CG have absolutely nothing that gives them an advantage. What's the big deal? If you wanna grind to make money and get rank, feel free. A lot of people don't. Not to mention the modded cars missing parts and modded paint jobs look f*cking legit.Hell yeah! Love having my cars in worn crew color, and my Sanchez with street wheels! That thing is sweet!

See, ^this guy gets it!