2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Mixed Up Car Classes

MyNameJeff

There is no doubt that rockstar have messed up a class for some cars. Sadly, rockstar haven't fixed them.
Here are some cars that classes should be changed.

Moonbeam - The moonbeam was part of the lowriders update and is part of the Muscle class. At first glance you may presume it is in the van class but is instead, a muscle car. That was a silly decision on Rockstars part which sadly has still not been fixed, despite having enough time to allow it. The Moonbeam could also be something to use against a Gang Burrito during van races.

Schafter LWB and V12 Variants - The armored versions of the Schafter LWB and V12 are in the Sedan class while the normal LWB and V12 are in the sports class. The Schafter V12 fits into the sport class perfectly. The Schafter LWB on the other hand... It is 27th in sports for top speed (109.5 mph) The Armored V12 does not fit the Sedan class. It dominates with a top speed of 123.5 mph... That is 0.5 mph slower than the normal Schafter V12.
Not only does it have the fastest top speed in sedans, it has the fastest time around a circuit.
Both V12's should be in the sports class while both LWB's should be in Sedans.

Blista Compact - For some reason this car is in the sports class. The normal Blista is in the compacts yet the Blista Compact (it even says it in the name) isn't.

Sanchez - The sanchez is a motorcycle but can still participate in Offroad Races (a bit like how you can use some SUV's in offroad races) It makes sense to be part offroad as it is a dirt bike. The Brawler may have the top speed in the Offroad class but when tested around a circuit, it falls down the ranks. The Sanchez may have a slower speed but that doesn't necessarily make it slower around a track. Of course the Sanchez isn't built for hardcore offroading but it can handle a bit of mud. Given the chance on some races the Sanchez can get ahead.

The Sanchez isn't as broken as the Schafters and isn't that big of an issue at all but still can prove a bit of a challenge or annoyance at times.

Source for top speeds - Broughy1322

So, what are your thoughts/opinions on these incorrect car classes? If you think I have missed some cars out then feel free to point it out here and why.

Edited by MyNameJeff

darkgreenmeme

As the classes only have an effect on racing, better would be to allow the race creator to ban/allow certain vehicles within a class when allowing custom vehicles, which would fix the Sanchez/Off-Road race problem. Other applications as well, like a race route that goes through deep water, you would want to limit to only those off-road vehicles that could handle it.

As the classes only have an effect on racing, better would be to allow the race creator to ban/allow certain vehicles within a class when allowing custom vehicles, which would fix the Sanchez/Off-Road race problem. Other applications as well, like a race route that goes through deep water, you would want to limit to only those off-road vehicles that could handle it.

This is actually a good idea. This could also help with those people who make races and want certain vehicles only. Eg: Some stunt map creators say to use Akuma/Bati only but someone might come along with a daemon or something (I was one of those people. Lets just say it didn't end well)

You can already ban the vehicles you want in the race creator.

darkgreenmeme

You can already ban the vehicles you want in the race creator.

Not if customs are enabled by the host.

Even if the armoured Schafter V12 is moved to sports (which it should be), the sedan class still allows you to choose an unmodified Schafter V12 in the selection screen. I'm not certain but I think that is still likely to be notably quicker than anything else in sedans. Anyone tried it against a fully upgraded normal Schafter?

Yeah should disable using a custom vehicle if its stock version has been disabled. Its too late for Rockstar to fix the classes.

darkgreenmeme

Even if the armoured Schafter V12 is moved to sports (which it should be), the sedan class still allows you to choose an unmodified Schafter V12 in the selection screen. I'm not certain but I think that is still likely to be notably quicker than anything else in sedans. Anyone tried it against a fully upgraded normal Schafter?

I time trial my personal vehicles for my characters on a almost 10 mile route. For my German car guy, his Schafter time is 6:13, close to a perfect run. He just got his Schafter V12, and the first run, which was far from perfect, was 6:12. I'm sure I can probably shave 10 seconds off of that. Both fully upgraded.

I time trial my personal vehicles for my characters on a almost 10 mile route. For my German car guy, his Schafter time is 6:13, close to a perfect run. He just got his Schafter V12, and the first run, which was far from perfect, was 6:12. I'm sure I can probably shave 10 seconds off of that. Both fully upgraded.

I think you're misunderstanding my question - I'm interested in the lap times of the old fully upgraded Schafter compared to a completely stock Schafter V12.

Surprised you're only a second faster with an upgraded V12, anyway. I think you've got a fair bit more time to come with that!

darkgreenmeme

I think you're misunderstanding my question - I'm interested in the lap times of the old fully upgraded Schafter compared to a completely stock Schafter V12.

Surprised you're only a second faster with an upgraded V12, anyway. I think you've got a fair bit more time to come with that!

I just time trialed the V12 again. I'm not sure what was up with the first run, it may have been non-upgraded at the time, and a horrible run. Anyhow, it came in a 5:20, which is along the lines of the high-end sports cars. However, the track that I use is mostly straights, with very few sharp corners, so the V12's high top speed has more to do with it than its ability to take a corner.