Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

The Hero

DFF importer and exporter for 3ds max

Recommended Posts

Tut98

 

On 12/22/2019 at 7:03 PM, The Hero said:

In other news: there was a bug with importing skin weights which mostly occurred with SA dffs. Since I never test SA that much I didn't notice. Uploaded a fixed 3.2a.

 

 

You're going through nearly two decades with us, and fact you still care to contribute to modding community is pretty solid... Perhaps I'll completely ditch Kam's if RW does the trick for skinned models. Thank you The Hero! :santa:

Edited by Tut Greco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tut98

I seem to be getting a greenish tint on my vertex color channels when importing/exporting GTA SA models. Does anyone have knowledge on why this happens?

The change is quite subtle, but it's clear to see that when starting model loader, the model goes from appropriate prelight to subtle green tint.

 

I just found that this only occurs when not enabling the "light flag". Although with light flag enabled on export, the model will randomly flash depending on view angle.

Edited by Tut Greco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AXIS Motion Studio

i have a bunch of dff file now i want to convert into any RW version which is possible to import in 3Ds Max or blender...

 

3zn4i0x0x8963iozg.jpg

 

Somebody know anything about it please reply

 

sorry for my bad english

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeneric
Posted (edited)

n/m. ignore.

Edited by Zeneric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Hero

There was a bug where the plugin exported vertex colors randomly even if told not to. Fixed this (thanks to Zeneric for bugging me about it) and made a new release.

  • Like 4
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sniper0089

Hi. 3ds max 2020 doesn't work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeneric
On 4/12/2020 at 8:33 AM, Sniper0089 said:

Hi. 3ds max 2020 doesn't work

Works here on 2020 version. You probably installed the script wrongly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sniper0089

Problem solved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tut98

In MTA I have encountered a minor crash with the exporter:

Creating a vehicle in-game with variant works fine. If you then hide the variant when exporting with rwio (hide in hierarchy; not including it on export), the game crashes. One way to go about this is not just hiding it, but moving it out of the model's hierarchy completely.

I have tested this with other exporters (Kam's) and it does not cause crashes when following the same steps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeneric
Posted (edited)

You tried selecting only items you want exported with the "Export selected" option picked (on 3dsmax: File > Export > Export Selected...)?

I know, not a fix, but a good other way.

Edited by Zeneric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
waknik
50 minutes ago, Zeneric said:

You tried selecting only items you want exported with the "Export selected" option picked (on 3dsmax: File > Export > Export Selected...)?

I know, not a fix, but a good other way.

Hi you wrote that 2020 script works but its not working for me ? How did u installed it ? (I have 2021 version.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeneric
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, waknik said:

Hi you wrote that 2020 script works but its not working for me ? How did u installed it ? (I have 2021 version.)

2021 version is the issue. This script works for 2020 and some older versions. This script needs to be updated to work with 2021.

Here, I bug @The Hero

Script update for 2021 when?

Edited by Zeneric
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
waknik
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zeneric said:

2021 version is the issue. This script works for 2020 and some older versions. This script needs to be updated to work with 2021.

Here, I bug @The Hero

Script update for 2021 when?

So I installed 2018 version but somehow I have the same problem as in 2021, what is the folder you copy the rwio2018.dli scrip in ? I can see GTA helper in MAXscript but not Import Export, maybe i am just not using it right.

Edited by waknik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeneric
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, waknik said:

So I installed 2018 version but somehow I have the same problem as in 2021, what is the folder you copy the rwio2018.dli scrip in ? I can see GTA helper in MAXscript but not Import Export, maybe i am just not using it right.

the dli file needs to be in 3dsmax\plugins\

the startup folder needs to be in 3dsmax\scripts\

 

To import/export you use 3dsmax's menu (File > Import... or File > Export...)

When exporting be sure "Renderware model (.dff)" is selected under "Save as type:".

Edited by Zeneric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tut98
19 hours ago, Zeneric said:

You tried selecting only items you want exported with the "Export selected" option picked (on 3dsmax: File > Export > Export Selected...)?

I know, not a fix, but a good other way.

Thanks that's a great recommendation. Unfortunately this doesn't appear to work.

When I export my selection with the variant visible in Max hierarchy, but not selected, it's still included on export.

When I export my selection with the variant hidden in Max hierarchy, but not selected, it crashes when restarting resource ingame.

 

Moving it out of hierarchy completely solves it and it's not a big deal to me. It just took me a bit of time to figure that was the problem for my persistent crashes. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gmer
Posted (edited)

@The Hero i uploaded 3DS Max 2021 SDK here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vu8cw0prtzlrzj/maxsdk-2021.zip?dl=1

 

Can you update the plugin for 3DS 2021 compatibility, just like you did last time when I provided you with the SDK? Would be really appreciated 🙃

 

Or else maybe we can ask @devmode.lua who did it in the past (for 2020 before you did it yourself), as he knows how to build the plugin.

Edited by Gmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Hero

Hm, there have been some bugs again recently. I wouldn't want to release a new version without at least taking a look at them. dunno when that'll be though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gmer
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, The Hero said:

Hm, there have been some bugs again recently. I wouldn't want to release a new version without at least taking a look at them.

Please man, at least compile it "as-is", due to practical reasons (disk space and needing 2021 for my study) i cannot switch to older version of 3DS. No guarantees..

And i dont know how to compile it myself. Plus i cannot bear the pain of using ancient DFF exporters.

Edited by Gmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Hero

i uploaded a new version 3.2c. apparently there were still issues with unwanted prelight...i hope this bug is gone for good now. Also the 2021 version is in there.

  • Like 3
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tut98
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, The Hero said:

i uploaded a new version 3.2c. apparently there were still issues with unwanted prelight...i hope this bug is gone for good now. Also the 2021 version is in there.

Out of curiousity what were the issues? I don't think I've noticed any. Oh and thank you for your effort !

Edited by Tut Greco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Hero

It exported prelight randomly on some models even though they shouldn't have had one. Someone made a change to specify whether to export prelight based on a user property and somehow that didn't work the way anyone thought it would.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
turret001
Posted (edited)

thank you for such a great tool! I'm a total noob in modelling but thanks to GTA, 3DS and Plugin makers (like you!) I'm slowly learning how to model and use 3DS Max.

 

I'm using 3ds max 2020 and I've ran into an issue. This is how my model looks when it's imported. (this is a GTA SA model, it has not been modified, straight up exported from gta3.img)
 

 

When I change the angle, some of the faces become ghost-y looking.

https://imgur.com/2Gj1u36

 


EDIT: turning off "Enable Transparency" from Materials tab fixes the ghosting issue but it looks like this now >.< 

https://imgur.com/m1jbjO2

 

 

EDIT2: This whole block is messy for some reason. I think it's not related to this plugin but something's wrong with the .dff's.

https://imgur.com/ax6XezG

 

Edited by turret001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bane712

Hi there!

I have a problem when exporting stuff with more than 1 UV channel.

So, i've been editing models, attaching new meshes and that sort of things, and the plugin works, i have successfully edited models that only contain a single UV map.

Now the problem is that i tried editing a model that contains 3 UV channels, different texture files for each part of the mesh, the model can be exported, but once exported the 3 UV channels disappear completely, and i only get the first UV map, the rest are deleted, then i tried exporting many models with multiple UV channels to see if the model that i was trying to edit was the problem but the same thing always happens, the exporter ignores all the UV channels and only exports the first channel.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Or perhaps i'm not exporting correctly?

Note: I only resized the models, didn't mess with UV maps at all but still the exporter ignores every UV channel except the first one (Using 3ds Max 2012)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tut98
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Bane712 said:

Hi there!

I have a problem when exporting stuff with more than 1 UV channel.

So, i've been editing models, attaching new meshes and that sort of things, and the plugin works, i have successfully edited models that only contain a single UV map.

Now the problem is that i tried editing a model that contains 3 UV channels, different texture files for each part of the mesh, the model can be exported, but once exported the 3 UV channels disappear completely, and i only get the first UV map, the rest are deleted, then i tried exporting many models with multiple UV channels to see if the model that i was trying to edit was the problem but the same thing always happens, the exporter ignores all the UV channels and only exports the first channel.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Or perhaps i'm not exporting correctly?

Note: I only resized the models, didn't mess with UV maps at all but still the exporter ignores every UV channel except the first one (Using 3ds Max 2012)

San Andreas only supports 2 UV channels. First channel for diffuse mapping and second channel for environment mapping. The environment mapping is used for chrome and fake reflections on vehicles, weapons and rarely buildings.

In order to see the environment mapping you'll have to enable it in the material. 

unknown.png

Red = Select the section with "envmap" in it

Black = your texture. This can be a custom texture, not necessarily from vehicle.txd (if custom, it must use a unique name and be stored in your custom model's TXD)

Blue = your envmap strength

Edited by Tut Greco
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bane712
On 6/3/2020 at 1:17 AM, Tut Greco said:

San Andreas only supports 2 UV channels. First channel for diffuse mapping and second channel for environment mapping. The environment mapping is used for chrome and fake reflections on vehicles, weapons and rarely buildings.

In order to see the environment mapping you'll have to enable it in the material. 

unknown.png

Red = Select the section with "envmap" in it

Black = your texture. This can be a custom texture, not necessarily from vehicle.txd (if custom, it must use a unique name and be stored in your custom model's TXD)

Blue = your envmap strength

That ain't true, i have models that have more than 3 UV maps for a single mesh, this is a problem with the plugin.

I found a way to fix this anyways, i used the updated Kam's max scripts and exported those models with a bunch of UV maps successfully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tut98
3 hours ago, Bane712 said:

That ain't true, i have models that have more than 3 UV maps for a single mesh, this is a problem with the plugin.

I found a way to fix this anyways, i used the updated Kam's max scripts and exported those models with a bunch of UV maps successfully.

Please link to the reference and the material settings if you may. I assume you're on an unmodded game?

Ps. Thank you for correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bane712
On 6/5/2020 at 7:50 PM, Tut Greco said:

Please link to the reference and the material settings if you may. I assume you're on an unmodded game?

Ps. Thank you for correction

I do not mess with UV mapping, materials or whatever.

I only resized my models and added a muzzle flash for the weapons that didn't have one, however, all the UV maps are deleted after exporting the models.

This didn't happen when using the Kam's max scripts though, the scripts exported everything successfully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gold_fish
Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2020 at 12:32 AM, Bane712 said:

...more than 3 UV maps for a single mesh..

... i used the updated Kam's max scripts and exported those models with a bunch of UV maps successfully.

3 UV maps?  😃

For the first time I hear about the third UV channel for GTA

 

At least not yet encountered this
When updating the script, I didn’t even think about the third channel, maybe 3 UVs can be exported incorrectly if done manually ...

Edited by gold_fish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.