Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,832 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Hero

DFF importer and exporter for 3ds max

Kov

Ok, thank you :)

Gmer

Is it expected that everything previously exported with kams, looks like this on re-export with this plugin?

RhkXAyO.png

And if so, any way to get around it? Does it have to do with material ID's?

The Hero

As I said, it doesn't import KAM dffs properly right now because they're somewhat broken.

As a temporary solution import with KAM, convert the materials using the supplied script (under utilities->maxscript->gta helper) and then export with mine.

Sloth-

Question:

Is this script able to import or export both day-night prelighting information into map related dff?

Sorry, i guess i should check by myself, but right now i'm too lazy and i don't have much time. :blush:

Kov

standard_vs_baked.png

I tested your work, and I have to say that I'm really impressed! Probably for the first time I can see proper lightning on the objects in Vice City, and - what's the best - on the engine from dinosaurs era xD

DualTex (UV2 + AO + Color map)

Any chance moving your scripts to Blender, pal? :turn: You know, Blender is faster than you know what. It's also cheaper, faster, nicer, faster, open-source, and... ah, of course - faster :D

The Hero

I have tried to write a dff importer for blender at some point but it was not fun. The programming interface felt very weird and one advantage of using 3ds max is that it was supported by RW (together with Maya) and it's the tool R* used.

Gmer

As I said, it doesn't import KAM dffs properly right now because they're somewhat broken.

As a temporary solution import with KAM, convert the materials using the supplied script (under utilities->maxscript->gta helper) and then export with mine.

This method seems to work, except for that windshield/windows disappear. The glass physically gets removed from the model, but the rest of it is correctly exported. Material browser tells me that your exporter's GTA material is simply applied to the windows.. so, logically I tried to select everything except for the glass elements and click ''Kams to RW material'' a few times just for those selections, skipping the glass/windows and windshield. But nonetheless it doesn't listen and your RW_Mtl ends up also applied to glass.

The Hero, do you know a workaround to avoid windows and glass from disappearing physically once I convert materials to correctly export a Kams model? Or else, how to make the material convert really skip them, if the mat applied to windows is the reason it goes wrong (is it even?)

The Hero

Hm, the script looks like it should work. No idea why it doesn't and I don't feel like debugging this at the moment.

Markus2002

Can you Do this for 3DMax's 2018? goddammit

George Costanza

is 2018 backwards compatible with 2017?

If no, you could send OP the installed SDK of 2018.

Gmer

I see that you added a plugin file for 3DS Max 2017, last week in update.. (3.1b) so that officially works now? Thanks a lot!

The BaD Gamer

Your script doesn't work for me.

V_L_A_D_I_O_N

Your script doesn't work for me.

Your hands in the ass, script working

theundeadsoldier

how's the bully ps2 dff support's goin?

Tut Greco

I'm trying to import skins through version 2.1a (dffplg_2015_2016.dli), but the mesh is horizonal while bones are vertical, I can't seem to solve this problem and can't work on it, when it's like that.

0DlCF9M.pngvVf3bHn.png

The Hero

Yup, skinning is totally f*cked. At some point I really have to rethink how this sh*t is done, it's really difficult :/

cj2000

I'm trying to import skins through version 2.1a (dffplg_2015_2016.dli), but the mesh is horizonal while bones are vertical, I can't seem to solve this problem and can't work on it, when it's like that.

0DlCF9M.pngvVf3bHn.png

Had a problem that looked exactly the same with my script to. The reason was because of cordsys and inverseBonematrices, root matrix had to be inverted to, like all other ones, but since this importer using SDK and not maxscript, not shure if my example could be helpfull.

cj2000

Just need to read faces with coresponding material IDs from BinMeshPLG, as in that place they are stored properly, the same thing for stuff exported with Deniskas script.

The Hero

I know, but I haven't implemented that.

Gmer

Hm, the script looks like it should work. No idea why it doesn't and I don't feel like debugging this at the moment.

If you don't plan on implementing what cj2000 said then can you PLEASE fix the glass bug? Don't look just at the script code, if you turn Kams model to export with your plugin by using ''KAMS to RW'' then all of your windows will be invisible! I mean like, completely absent, once you export it. But the windshield element etc is still there, weird. The bug exists, please just try!

I really wanna edit kams DFF's.. and im not modelling Rally cars that dont need window.. :p

and also im having alot of problems with collision (putting it back in after export) with RW analyzer, very often the model still has no collision while i imported the coll section/node under the same type of extension in the bottom, at the same place as original dff had that node. Just the @ 0x000 in Coll model view differs for some reason.. then still, the collision is not present in the model in game! I think i've succeeded putting it back in much more while using earlier version of your plugin, The_GTA. So maybe something broke potential to add in collision model to exported DFF's in RWAnalyze? in one of the updates?

For that, yes i can say ''pls just add .col support in export, pls hurry'' but i dont because i value your work, im not gonna be overly pushy. I just hope in the end we will have a bug free fully functional plugin out of this, because it was really needed to have a good successor for the funky old, Kams exporter. this plugin will have a long legacy after today, if it comes in a proper state soon. And the whole SA community will be thankful for it..

personally i will donate 10-15 dollar to you if you have added collision button in export and also fixed the kams glass bug (using details found in your profile ''interests'') to show some appreciation for your work

Edited by Gmer

The Hero

Compiled for 2018.

Gmer: Sorry, I'm not currently working on this plugin. It stopped being fun a long time ago.

Edited by The Hero

MrFinger
Posted (edited)

I got a problem. When I have installed the newest version of this,(3.1c) it gives me this error:

GnsbqgE.png

But the older version(2.1) works fine. Any solution?

Edited by MrFinger

MrFinger
Posted (edited)

I had error code 126 too and I fixed it by installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64 in my case)

I have installed it, but it's still that same. Can anyone help?

EDIT: And also, before that error, gives me another error:

Dlez5U1.png

Translation: "The program can not be run because the file (this file) was not found on the computer. Please re-install the program to fix the problem".

Edited by MrFinger

MrFinger

C'mon guys help me

MrFinger

COME ON

cj2000

COME ON

Sorry have no idea, but you can´t expect peaople to help you emidiatelly.

Tut Greco
Posted (edited)

Primary color is 0x3c 0xff 0x00, secondary 0xff, 0x00 0xaf.

Any idea what the colors are for headlights and taillights? Much appreciated.

Ah; copied the colors through kam's color guide, issue solved!

Edited by Tut Greco

The Hero

This is something that should be automated with maxscript perhaps. I may release a new version in the not too far future. I think I at least understood the skinning issues that I can fix them.

Gmer

This is something that should be automated with maxscript perhaps. I may release a new version in the not too far future. I think I at least understood the skinning issues that I can fix them.

Well about that planned update, i found the root cause of the "invisible windows" bug after running Kams > RW material helper.

The problem is that Alpha and Diffuse of the windows (or any glass object) is reset, to something that wont keep glass surfaces appearing.

To fix it you can rightclick any glass/windows object in the model tree, click M to open materials browser, then click Material at top > Get material and then u have the glass properties.

Now, set diffuse and alpha to something normal. I use: diffuse 0,1 and alpha 0,5 myself

and The_GTA, this means the problem is that the GTA helper convert makes no difference in those 2 properties for objects that cannot handle unified (reset) values like the other parts may do.