Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,724 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Hero

DFF importer and exporter for 3ds max

The Hero

To import you just go to file->import, that should be all.

joewinko

To import you just go to file->import, that should be all.

i did do that, but how do i get the skeleton/joints to attach to the model i want to rig?

i remember doing it a while ago with 3ds max 2009, but things seem so different in 3ds max 2015

joewinko

Im still having issues with this, i explained it more in this post: http://gtaforums.com/topic/896725-can-someone-please-make-a-video-tutorial-on-how-to-rig-ped-models-for-gta-vice-city-and-san-andreas-in-3ds-max-2015/

BUT i think it's that the plugins arent working for me, because as i see here: http://gtaforums.com/topic/723489-rigging-problem/

^it appears that the person using it there in 3ds max 2015 (the same version im using) has the options i didnt see at all when i open up 3ds max 2015.

can someone please help me?

Ren712

Hey The Hero, would You add 2nd UV Map support please ? It is useful for placing lightmap uv coordinates.

and Kam's dff exporter is quite unreliable with this.

AdusPL

Heyyy Hero. Can I export GTAmaterial with this somehow? :alien:

The Hero

Nope. I wanted to write a converter script at some point, but still haven't done it.

In the meantime, I've worked on the plugin the last couple of days fixed a few bugs: http://aap.papnet.eu/gta/3dsmax/rwio_3.0c.zip

I was able to use this to create by beta player model for VC.

AdusPL

Is it actually able to export a car to SA? I'm trying for 2 days and nothing while it works with kams and GTAmaterial but the model is broken in game. And seaggeman's exporter doesn't support 2014. I'm f*cked.

The Hero

Maybe the old version was broken or something. I haven't tested, but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work. If it doesn't, send me the file you're having problems with. (do note that the version above does not import KAM dffs correctly because he doesn't export material assignment correctly).

AdusPL

I'll send you dff and max file. You can export and compare with the one I exported.

http://www101.zippyshare.com/v/NX3y49yb/file.html

PS. None of the exporter versions worked.

Edited by AdusPL

The Hero

Can't open the file. I'm using 2012 here, maybe that's the problem?

AdusPL

Max files from newer may be incompatible with older version. How about the dff?

If the dff I provided isn't working then I give up. :/

The Hero

There was no dff.

The Hero

It's just missing a COL model. That's indeed something my exporter doesn't do yet. Right now you have to add it manually (with RWAnalyze). I just put in the one from the cheetah here: http://aap.papnet.eu/share/miara.dff

The textures look a bit weird btw, but I'm sure you can figure that out.

AdusPL

:sui:

Thanks man.

gold_fish

How do I start the plugin?

The Hero

Install according to readme, then file->import or file->export.

deltaCJ

Thanks!

Gmer

It's just missing a COL model. That's indeed something my exporter doesn't do yet. Right now you have to add it manually (with RWAnalyze). I just put in the one from the cheetah here: http://aap.papnet.eu/share/miara.dff

The textures look a bit weird btw, but I'm sure you can figure that out.

It's a bummer it still doesn't feature a collision exporter (respect for making progress anyways), but could you tell me how to identify the coll section in RWAnalyze that you referred to use? I can't find Coll tree or Collision PLG in any DFF i'm working with, yet you seem able to identify the col section easily in RWAnalyze to copy it back into a freshly exported model by your exporter.

Alternatively, I tried using CollEditor ''Attach to DFF'' (rightclick col element in list > Export) but only for the DFF's exported with your exporter, it gave this error: ''Stream read error.'' so I'm also wondering why it cannot attach a .col to a DFF when the DFF was exported with this new exporter. (Note: the model was all white when testing, I exported it without yet linking/adding a col.. (weird enough this bugged model had hit surfaces aka col) I'm sure i made no exporting mistakes, i selected all atomics/elements before export)

I hope you can help with this or enlighten me..

EDIT: I compared the RWAnalyze tree for exported model with and without col model (kams exported) and found this got added with col-embedded DFF:

Extension (3156 bytes @ 0x17D5E1) - [0x03]
UNKNOWN (3144 bytes @ 0x17D5ED) - [0x253F2FA]
What matters here is 0x253F2FA (other dff's can have difference in the other addresses), because check: https://github.com/aap/librw/blob/master/TODO#L40 at that line it mentions ''R* Collision 0x253F2FA''
I will try taking that col section from the original DFF and putting back into the one exported with the new exporter, and get back here but still The Hero if you see I'm doing it wrong or it can be better let me know, this address that I found for collision can also help others aslong it's proper method im gonna try
Update: now I managed to transplant the col, but with any model I export it's all white vehicle.. TXD's are fine, didnt change any linking or images at all.
For certain mods it was literally all-white, for a default SA car I noticed a difference: wheels and interiors were correctly colored.. only chassis white.. does this mean it's a material issue? but I'm using your supplied GTA material..
Final edit: conclusion, I found the problem was ''vertex prelight'' selected on exporting. (for the all-white models..) so my problems are solved, this post may help others though.
How to move the collision from original DFF to the one exported with this plugin:
1) open original DFF in RWAnalyze, Tools button from topbar > Find section, click faded out 0x03 so you can type there, find: 0x253F2FA and it will navigate there.
This is the collision node, rightclick on Extension or UNKNOWN (which holds that offset) and click ''Export section data'' to a file without extension, call it ''colsection''
2) export your dff with The Hero's new exporter, after you're done modelling, and then open this new dff with RwAnalyze, select the first node at the top (Clump) rightclick it and click ''Add Section'' then leave it as Extension (0x03) so that preset choice.. click OK, now at the bottom this extension is added, select that empty extension and rightclick it, click ''Import Section Data'' then go where you saved the ''colsection'' file from original DFF in step 1, so it will add that under the new extension. Done! Now save DFF with RW Analyze, and you're done.
Edited by Gmer

deltaCJ

Will there be future support for Collision export? Or will that be a different script?

The Hero

In fact the dll already includes a COLv1 exporter :D but it needs a maxscript plugin to work that I haven't released yet because it's not finished. First of all I want to figure out all the surface types and piece types (I'm not even quite sure what the piece types are exactly) and even then it's only v1 right now, for v2 I will have to add lighting and for v3 shadow meshes. Too much to do, too little time...

Kov

After import, mesh loses material ID :/

th_Screenshot_3.png

Version 3.0d.

You're doing a great job - keep it up! :santa:

Edited by Kov

The Hero

Then import with KAM's plugin and convert the materials using the script that comes with the plugin (for now).

Kov

Sorry, I missed it in readme.

Can you implement standard -> RW material conversion in helper somehow? It may sounds ridiculous, but I import FBX from Blender to 3dsCrap just to export dff with your script.

The Hero

My exporter also supports standard materials. I have no maxscript code to convert them though.