4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vice City Stunt Jump Question 2

ULPaperContact

ULPaperContact

I was wondering if someone could tell me what stunt jumps need to be done, and how to land them? I've been using a map to see where they are, but certain ones like the airport are hard to pinpoint. I'd also like to know how to land them. GTASNP: http://gtasnp.com/buCVFg

Thanks in advance,

United Liberty Paper Contact

Lethal Vaccine

I suggest going to Youtube and just seeing how others land the Stunt Jumps and just replicate what they do. That's what I did when I was new to doing things in these GTA's until after a few playthroughs when I stopped looking at Guides and just continue playing in the same manner.

Youtube can be your best friend in this situation. :)

ULPaperContact

I suggest going to Youtube and just seeing how others land the Stunt Jumps and just replicate what they do. That's what I did when I was new to doing things in these GTA's until after a few playthroughs when I stopped looking at Guides and just continue playing in the same manner.

Youtube can be your best friend in this situation. :)

That doesn't tell me which ones I still need to do. And I've tried looking at Youtube videos at ones I know I haven't done, and It didn't really help.

Lethal Vaccine

A good memory always helps, too ;)

When it comes to Hidden Packages, Rampages, and Stunt Jumps, I like to get these done before An Old Friend since you can actually achieve 44% game completion before the first Mission in the game by doing all of this as well as the various Side Missions on the East and West Island that are available at the beginning of the game. Makes like easier not having to worry about the other stuff and can really just have fun with the Story Missions...

Btw, did you go around doing random ones? Did you hit pause after each one you did to make sure it registered in the Pause Menu? I do them all at the same time or ALL that are on East Island before moving West, so it helps me to remember which ones I need to do. If you don't really plan it out and go around doing any which ones it could make it harder.

ULPaperContact

A good memory always helps, too ;)

When it comes to Hidden Packages, Rampages, and Stunt Jumps, I like to get these done before An Old Friend since you can actually achieve 44% game completion before the first Mission in the game by doing all of this as well as the various Side Missions on the East and West Island that are available at the beginning of the game. Makes like easier not having to worry about the other stuff and can really just have fun with the Story Missions...

Btw, did you go around doing random ones? Did you hit pause after each one you did to make sure it registered in the Pause Menu? I do them all at the same time or ALL that are on East Island before moving West, so it helps me to remember which ones I need to do. If you don't really plan it out and go around doing any which ones it could make it harder.

I just got a savegame editor with a map that would tell me which ones I needed to do and went around doing them. But some of the ones I've done are still on the map, and I don't really remember which is which. And for the ones I haven't done, I do it and land where the youtuber did, but I don't get the unique stunt jump bonus.

Lethal Vaccine

It's sometimes really finicky with Stunt Jumps. You have to hit them a certain way, get a certain height, and land in a general location. Keep trying. Some of them take a few tries. I know there is one by the Malibu Club that seems to never work with a Bike for me, yet it works using an Infernus.

ULPaperContact

I've spent six hours on the stunt jumps alone. I'm a bit burnt out right now. I'll try later. Feel free to have some fun with my save anyway, if you want.

Lethal Vaccine

Unfortunately I can only give you ideas and such. I only play on PS2 and iOS.

GTAKid667

I just got a savegame editor with a map that would tell me which ones I needed to do and went around doing them. But some of the ones I've done are still on the map.

Yes, there seems to be a compatibility problem between Steam Saves and the VC Savegame Editor. There are several Save File Differences between the Retail DVD Game and Steam Version of Vice City which causes this problem, as those two save file types are incompatible and as such, a Retail DVD Save File will not work on the Steam Version of GTA VC and a Steam Save File won't work on the DVD Version. The Savegame Editor is designed to work with the Retail Version only.

There is a way to convert your save file to Retail to use in the editor, but it won't work in your game (but you can use it in the Savegame Editor to see the Stunt Jumps you have remaining and then go back to the normal save file which will work). You can do this on GTASnP:

e7abbf9609b7e95443dd49e0e14e7df6.png

Click on the 'Modifications' Tab and it should expand to show a range of customisation options for the Save File. What you want to do is click the 'Release Version' drop down menu and select 'Retail (Windows) or Steam (Mac OS X)'. It should now display a '1' next to the 'Modifications' text which shows that you have done it correctly. From there, download the save file by clicking one of the slots as usual and you will have downloaded a Retail Version of your save file.

You can now take this save file and use it in the Savegame Editor, but don't try loading it in game or else it will crash.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by GTAKid667
ULPaperContact

Thanks, didn't know about that. Good job on guessing my editor, I guess there can't be too many of them.

I played through Vice City a week ago or so and I did also have a hard time with the stunt jumps. I did all of them over and over again but nothing happend. Then I searched around and found out that some had to be landed perfectly to have the game to register.

Here's two I had a hard time with:

Number 12: Do not drive to fast on this jump or the game will not register it. Try to slowing down right before the jump.

Number 17: I tried it with a motorcycle plenty of times. But then I tried to do it with a Cheetah and the game registered the jump.

Good luck with the rest of the stunt jumps! You will make it in the end! :colgate:

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
MrXenon1986

Number 17: I tried it with a motorcycle plenty of times. But then I tried to do it with a Cheetah and the game registered the jump.

Thank you so much!!! I was stuck on 35/36 for the longest time and the thought of using something other than the PCJ never came to my head. I got em all now, thanks!