2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The Jet Griefer's Code

fear_the_nut70

fear_the_nut70

Thanks to extensive conversations with others, I have come to see the cannons on the jet as overpowered and possibly out of balance. I also don't think it is sporty. So, I am suggesting the following code for those who Jet Grief (it's just too much fun to completely give it up):

1. No Cannons, only homing lock missiles. For those that have killed in this fashion, they know how challenging this can be. I saw more than a few post on here suggesting "forget the locking homing missiles in the jet, that's impossible." It's not, it's very challenging and it gives the player on the ground a fighting chance. Usually you can't make the kill until the second missile locks in, and often there simply isn't time for that. Those savvy at using the map can evade homing missiles fairly easy. Virtually impossible to kill people who aren't out in the open with missiles.

2. No passive mode. Dude, you are in a jet. This includes both before you get in so the others have a chance to stop you AND after you are shot down. If they get you out of your jet, they should have a chance to kill you. I relish the opportunity to try and evade someone using my parachuting skills.

3. Once shot down or having crashed the jet, that's it for that board. They beat you, move on.

4. When evading missiles, no flying in circles. This is too easy and lazy. Takes more skill to use the barrel role and change in elevation tactic, especially in the city. Game should be about skill.

5. Don't pick on defenseless air-crafts (those that are not armed). That's weak.

I know to some who simply have no use for jets, a code won't matter one bit. I know others will look at this and say, F that, I'm killing however I can. To both groups, I say, this is simply more challenging and thus more fun. People are going to play the game the way they want to (and others are going to complain about it relentlessly), but if even a few see this and alter their behavior I will have accomplished my mission.

Any thoughts?

This is the beginning of the new GTA:O Bushido code.

I expect this also to be the end.

• Like 12

I just wish we could buy a homing missile that was guaranteed to take down a jet in one hit. I would pay like 20 grand for one missile.

Edited by FuqOutTheWay
  • Like 6

Somehow, I don't see this catching on.

b7OvNjuUVkGjTGRwDchmEg_0_0.jpg

Edited by ninjaontour
  • Like 12

fear_the_nut70

I am never in a jet. So IMO this thread should be called the jet cowards code.

But you undoubtedly are impacted by those that are. So wouldn't it be great if such a thing happened?

And where do you draw that line? At tank guy? At guy with bullet proof helmet in a Kuruma? How about guy in armed insurgent?

This is where the game is at. Perhaps the answer isn't name calling, but evolving.

Edited by fear_the_nut70
  • Like 4

Dude.

The jet griefer is a "lol i keel u nub" kid. He drinks your tears. Why would you even waste a thought that he might follow some honor code?

fear_the_nut70

Dude.

The jet griefer is a "lol i keel u nub" kid. He drinks your tears. Why would you even waste a thought that he might follow some honor code?

Many on this board reached me...

People just need to get better at sniping. I've taken out my fair share of potential jet griefers simply by sitting in a parking garage and sniping from the openings.

• Like 2

6. Never question the fact you're actually a griefer using the most overpowered vehicle in-game because "it requires so much skill to fly and shoot". However, everytime on GTA forums someone talks about Insurgents, make fun of those "noobs" that do pretty much the same you do, with the only difference they don't hide high in the sky on a jet powered aircraft.

• Like 3

LightningLord

People just need to get better at sniping. I've taken out my fair share of potential jet griefers simply by sitting in a parking garage and sniping from the openings.

This. Also hopping into a jet and taking them down also works because half the time, people can't do air-to-air combat. Oh, and getting lucky with RPGs.

IcOqQpq.gif

I personally don't care what you think I "should" do in a jet. I play the game how I wanna play it. If you don't like it, tough sh*t. I will pull some dirty tactics to get a kill and laugh my ass off doing so.

• Like 1

There's only one rule that jet griefers follow:

-Get on another jet when theirs gets taken down or they crash into something.

Because they are pussies who can't fight for themselves on the ground.

• Like 2

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Dude, You seriously think a jet griefer is going to follow the "code"? then why are they "griefing" in the first place

"INB4 griefer Code locked"

Thanks to extensive conversations with others, I have come to see the cannons on the jet as overpowered and possibly out of balance. I also don't think it is sporty. So, I am suggesting the following code for those who Jet Grief (it's just too much fun to completely give it up):

1. No Cannons, only homing lock missiles. For those that have killed in this fashion, they know how challenging this can be. I saw more than a few post on here suggesting "forget the locking homing missiles in the jet, that's impossible." It's not, it's very challenging and it gives the player on the ground a fighting chance. Usually you can't make the kill until the second missile locks in, and often there simply isn't time for that. Those savvy at using the map can evade homing missiles fairly easy. Virtually impossible to kill people who aren't out in the open with missiles.

2. No passive mode. Dude, you are in a jet. This includes both before you get in so the others have a chance to stop you AND after you are shot down. If they get you out of your jet, they should have a chance to kill you. I relish the opportunity to try and evade someone using my parachuting skills.

3. Once shot down or having crashed the jet, that's it for that board. They beat you, move on.

4. When evading missiles, no flying in circles. This is too easy and lazy. Takes more skill to use the barrel role and change in elevation tactic, especially in the city. Game should be about skill.

5. Don't pick on defenseless air-crafts (those that are not armed). That's weak.

I know to some who simply have no use for jets, a code won't matter one bit. I know others will look at this and say, F that, I'm killing however I can. To both groups, I say, this is simply more challenging and thus more fun. People are going to play the game the way they want to (and others are going to complain about it relentlessly), but if even a few see this and alter their behavior I will have accomplished my mission.

Any thoughts?

1. No

2. No, what if I gotta go to the bathroom?

3. Lol, so in otherwords, you can kill them, but they can't kill you. How fair heh heh

4. Now you just sound pathetic.

5. If they're flying to a Random Event that I want to do, then unfortunately business must be taken care of.

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015
  • Like 3

6. Never question the fact you're actually a griefer using the most overpowered vehicle in-game because "it requires so much skill to fly and shoot". However, everytime on GTA forums someone talks about Insurgents, make fun of those "noobs" that do pretty much the same you do, with the only difference they don't hide high in the sky on a jet powered aircraft.

You realise you have the exact same facilities as everyone else, and that you are perfectly able to get a jet of your own, and shoot down the "noobs". Like you're all fond of saying, it's easy, right?

I never see people do this. All I see is salt.

Edited by ninjaontour

Shadowfennekin

You call it jet cowards. I call it jet pussies code. Cause they're literally pussies who're afraid of losing their K/D once on the ground where their lack of skill shows

You call it jet cowards. I call it jet pussies code. Cause they're literally pussies who're afraid of losing their K/D once on the ground where their lack of skill shows

And I call people like you ignorant, because you make sweeping generalisations based on nothing and apply it to a massive swathe of the userbase.

• Like 3

There's only one rule that jet griefers follow:

-Get on another jet when theirs gets taken down or they crash into something.

Because they are pussies who can't fight for themselves on the ground.

I call it jet pussies code. Cause they're literally pussies who're afraid of losing their K/D once on the ground where their lack of skill shows

So why don't you get a jet and fight them in their element? Is it because you are being a "pussy" that suck at dogfighting? Very likely.

I keep hearing people say "come fight me on the ground".

My response: Why should I? I'm kicking YOUR ass. Not the other way around. If you can't beat me from the ground, try to beat me in the air. Don't bitch about it.

Edited by jatiger13

K/D, the most important thing in GTA Online.

K/D = Know/Dunno, How much do you know? lol

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015
  • Like 1

Rule two that OP stated is the only one I agree with. Passive mode in general needs to be eliminated. It is a cancer to this game.

For the rest of your "code" consult old GTA4 players and see if they give a f*ck.

Edited by Tempest

LightningLord

Rule two that OP stated is the only one I agree with. Passive mode in general needs to be eliminated. It is a cancer to this game.

It just needs to be reworked. Like, if you're in an armed aircraft with insane abilities, do you really need passive mode? >.>

IcOqQpq.gif

Taking down jets is easy. Watch.

And again.

Yeah, taking down s***ty jet pilots who mess up their angle is easy. A decent jet pilot knows that he/she can just dive bomb you from an angle you can't aim at.

On topic, while the code's an honourable idea, people are never going to follow it are they?

I think we need either a buff to the Heavy Sniper, or a new, seriously beefy sniper, like in this thread of mine:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/838096-flight-school-part-two-concept/

Edited by Icantthinkofonew
  • Like 1

LightningLord

I think we need either a buff to the Heavy Sniper, or a new, seriously beefy sniper, like in this thread of mine:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/838096-flight-school-part-two-concept/

Considering how nerfed the snipers and all the firearms got, I'd be on board for a Heavy Sniper buff.

• Like 4

IcOqQpq.gif

shadowoperative

I was trying to be polite. In reality they are pathetic and they know that.

• Like 3

I am a heels on the ground, gun in hand type. IDGAF what some clown in a jet, tank or car think they are doing. I know they are hiding. Like cowards.

• Like 4