2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

San Fierro will be the main GTA VI City

SkyRex

Hear me out before saying anything:

No I don't have proof of it, but considering all we know San Fierro is THE most likely location for GTA 6.

Let me begin: First of all, I think we agree that the next gta will most likely launch for current gen consoles (Although I doubt we'll see it before 2018/2019), which means it will probably use the same engine, because GTA V already pushes current gen hardware, so they will refine RAGE even more. It also saves in the developement of assets because a lot of them can be carried over.

Using the same engine rules out one place: Liberty City, as it is already there in the universe of this GTA. Also because some characters from LC appear in V. Which means LC's Layout will not be altered, which means it will not be enough for a new GTA. (Maybe as a SP DLC and online addition as seen in the latest rumors)

2nd: R* borders GTA worlds with water, because it feels most natural and not forced. Which means Cities with water access are preferred (Ocean/great lake). They also said recently they will stay in America with GTA ruling out other countries (Apart from maybe canada and mexico). When also considering, that some iconic landmarks etc. should be there, it only leaves big coast cities in the usa.

(Cause this Waterboarding thing (...see what I did here) I believe Las Venturas, if featured in this universe at all, will be together with another coast city on the same map, to keep the waterboarders somewhat believable.

3rd: R* always refered to the map of gta 5 with 'southern california', which, to keep the whole universe consistent, pretty much rules out San Diego (And the fact that it would be very similar to Los Santos in terms of surrounding countryside. But the 'sothern' somewhat implicates that they deliberatly haven't mentioned northern california (So everything north of Mojave desert, as it is the analouge to Senora desert ingame)

4th: R* said they returned to LS because they felt the story and stuff they wanted to do there wasn't quite finished. Which implies the same is true for San Fierro and Las Venturas, because LS was only seen before in San Andreas.

5th: Vice City comes up a lot, but lets think about variety here. I know for some of you only the city seems important but its the surrounding countryside what makes a place believable and interesting and the countryside around Miami is ... well flat.

Now if we realistically consider the points 1 and 2 we end up with a selection of these cities: Washington D.C., Seattle, Vancouver , San Francisco, New Orleans, Chicago, Detroit, Toronto and Honululu. Taking in argument 5, so assuming they want a variety of countryside around this list shrinks to: Honululu, Seattle, Vancouver and San Fran.

And if we think of Argument 3 and 4, an assumption that the mentioning of 'southern' california was deliberate to leave northern cal as an option and that the storytelling of Dan Fierro isn't finished for R* that leaves only one entry on the list: San Fierro aka San Francisco.

sanfran_landsat7_big.jpg

It would have the justification for water boarders, has a lot of interesting countryside around it, has a lot of sights and iconic landmarks, was featured before in GTA and has some history (like all cities had in the current universe (LC and LS)).

So my bet is on SF as the gta 6 location. Maybe with LV maybe not. Probably integrated into GTA Online, which also makes sense in terms of close proximity of both cities.

Do you agree?

Or disagree, if so, why exactly? What are your thoughts on the next main city and main location of the next main GTA game? (Which we will see in 2013+~5years = 2018/2019 ... maybe 2020 depending on how big/long/deep it will be.

Are we back in 2013 again seriously the topics people been posting as of late are very 13'ish

• Like 3

If you don't know this for a fact, then your thread title is a lie. I'm not reading your giant post you liar.

Wouldn't this be better discussed in the GTA 5? I don't think GTAO is related to GTA6(?)

• Like 2

If you don't know this for a fact, then your thread title is a lie. I'm not reading your giant post you liar.

same, "No I don't have proof" is where I instantly just skimmed through the post. Not even any good points

will probably use the same engine

I stopped reading there. If that's the case then I'm not buying it, so it doesn't matter to me where it's set. If they were to rewrite the sh*tty engine for current gen consoles so that it works properly then I would consider it.

Also, if the next version doesn't have multiple locations, accessible via some form of cut-scene transportation (airport, for example), then they're basically just shovelling the same thing at us again, but with different coloured lights.

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 3

TheComedianIsDead

I can appreciate your theory, but I'm still on the Vice City train. It's the only city that hasn't seen next-gen, the fluorescent nightlife of Miami/Vice City would look/play incredible, and the surrounding land could be swamps, with a new slew of vehicles and nature to explore.

Or, maybe they pull a Wildcard and bring in a completely new city altogether. Maybe go International with a fictional city based in Mexico like Juarez or the UK with it's colorful cast of International crime (IRA, Yardies, Hooligans, etc., for example).

It's really anyone's guess, but Rockstar has said quite often that they'll continue to focus on GTAO for awhile, so until we stop getting all of this new, playable content on such a regular basis, the conversation about GTA VI is still somewhat premature.

No, i want to see a brand new city. We had enough of the old cities.

You can't tell me VC wouldn't look badass in the HD era. Especially if they focus on the nature aspects a bit more. A swampland would be amazing.
  • Like 1

Your only mistake is assuming that GTA VI is the next GTA-based title.

Edited by gfen

You can't tell me VC wouldn't look badass in the HD era. Especially if they focus on the nature aspects a bit more. A swampland would be amazing.

Vice City was amazing for its time. But no, i still want to see something new and not more of the same.

Edited by Raca49

I want Groom Lake, I kinda miss the old San Andreas alien days. :p

Oj1Jcsz.jpg

Edited by Aqua

Vice City was amazing for its time. But no, i still want to see something new and not more of the same.Fair enough. Something new would be just as interesting. I honestly just want a change from the big cities and everything. Blaine County was too small, as was any of the mountains. The wilderness was nice, but there wasn't much of it in V. Edited by MikeMyth

streetx1xracer

Vice City was amazing for its time. But no, i still want to see something new and not more of the same.Fair enough. Something new would be just as interesting.Remastered Liberty city of course.

Vice City was amazing for its time. But no, i still want to see something new and not more of the same.
Fair enough. Something new would be just as interesting.Remastered Liberty city of course.Edited my comment just before I saw this, lol.

Earthquake dlc confirmed!!!

Seen it on Youtube.LOL

gta%20aliens%202_zpswumzmatq.gif

Edited by *Lola

No I don't have proof of it

Stop.

/thread

but here's a huge fan map for fun.

EDIT* NINJAD

E4t8v.jpg

Edited by stonedpimpso

I wouldn't dislike it being San Fiero, but I really hope it has multiple cities. I would much prefer either Chicago and/or Boston (I would love to see R* humorous version of Boston), or if they do go multi-city BUT only a single map, I would like to see Pittsburgh to Philly.

I guess it might make sense, for a multi city game to do both coasts so San Fiero or their Seattle + Chicago or Boston or PGH or Philly.....

Regardless, I'm hoping thye use a much better engine and that the online isn't nearly as shallow.

Edited by Vaymasters

Captain Mannering

Realistically, it needs to be this:

1935.jpg

But with more of the outskirts.

How about this:

it's the whole universe, ish :p

TphiAcy.jpg

Seriously though, I would prefer LV or SF to be the GTA 6 map. Mainly because of this:

5th: Vice City comes up a lot, but lets think about variety here. I know for some of you only the city seems important but its the surrounding countryside what makes a place believable and interesting and the countryside around Miami is ... well flat.

Edited by Aqua