2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What the <insert colorful expletive> is the Point?

fw3

Feel free to post your own "What the $%% is the point?" here.

No, this is not a B&M thread, it's a legitimate thread asking what, exactly, is the point or something in the game.

If you have a B&M, go to that thread, please.

For me, I don't understand what the point was to make an armored Kuruma that can be blown up with one RPG, but is difficult to shoot in the windows.
Yet, the armored Insurgent can take up to 5 stickies or 4-5 RPGs, yet anyone with a pistol can shoot you out of it.

I bought the armored Schafter, which is a pretty slick ride, but with supposed "bulletproof glass," I've been shot dead out of it three times.

And I just got rid of the armored Baller specifically for that reason.

So, again, what's the point of an armored vehicle that has serious weaknesses?

Would be curious to understand. Cheers! :)

fdPnfniU00SnTlLWc_li_g_0_0.jpg

• Like 2

CrysisAverted

What the f*ck is the point of paying additional fees for apartments/garages/mechanic/yachts?

Edited by CrysisAverted
  • Like 2

<Inserts Michael Jackson eating popcorn meme>

I'll do you one better:

1357606888_michael%20jackson.jpg

What the f*ck is the point of paying additional fees for apartments/garages/mechanic/yachts?

I agree. I understand the concept of maintenance and all that, but really... "you paid $50 for the mechanic."

But I didn't call the mechanic today? It's strange to pay millions for Pegasus vehicles, but yet pay more just to use them.

Rockstar extortion technique #32?

I dont think this game ever had bulletproof windows on anything. The Kuruma has that armor sh*t on the windows, but it can still be shot through. I actually just sold my armor schafter for the same reason. But *shrugs* It is what it is.

I dont think this game ever had bulletproof windows on anything.

If you read the DLC release notes for Execs & Other Criminals, it says, and I quote:

"New armored executive vehicles include bullet-resistant glass."

If you shoot the Baller or Schafter in the window, it makes that spidery shatter spot, but does not (or isn't supposed to) shoot through the glass.

​Unfortunately, it doesn't work, as like I mentioned, I've been shot out of the Schafter three times, now.

Most times, I will survive a drive-by because the bullets don't go through. But at close range, it's no better than the Kuruma.

Um you do know that bullet-proof glass does not exist right? Only bullet-resistant glass exists irl.

The armored cars are as a defense so if someone ambushes you can escape without dying. You cannot go charging to other players and expect them not to kill you.

It's common sense that if the insurgent had kuruma's windows and the kuruma was explosive-resistant they would be unbeatable, so wtf is the point of asking that question?

Edited by IceColdFrostMT

If you read the DLC release notes for Execs & Other Criminals, it says, and I quote:

"New armored executive vehicles include bullet-resistant glass."

If you shoot the Baller or Schafter in the window, it makes that spidery shatter spot, but does not (or isn't supposed to) shoot through the glass.

​Unfortunately, it doesn't work, as like I mentioned, I've been shot out of the Schafter three times, now.

Most times, I will survive a drive-by because the bullets don't go through. But at close range, it's no better than the Kuruma.

Yeah I remember the notes. But I dont remember it ever working really. I mean on missions it holds up for like 3-4 shots from NPC's, but that isnt very sufficient...

Edit: The angry lady above made it make more sense. Didnt really look at it that way.

Edited by LeAuxChord

You don't understand why Rockstar won't create an invincible God-car with bullet-proof windows that's explosive resistant?

"You can't be that daft", I thought to myself. Then I saw the chrome insurgent.

Because the definition of the word "Armored" in the GTAO community is:"Nope.Can't make an armored car or else kids will f*ck up my inbox"

Edited by Arachne

Because balance. If people already complain all the time those cars are too overpowered, imagine if they were invincible. Everything needs to have a weak spot to make things fair.

• Like 1

ON TOPIC

whats the point of not allowing us to to call for another PV even if we are close to our current pv?

"youre too close to your personal vehicle" is stupid!

also, sometimes i wonder whats the point of some of the cooldowns in this game.

for example the mugger have a cooldown and if you have been mugged, theres a cooldown that prevent people from mugging you again, so why have a cooldown for hiring a mugger if theres a cooldown that prevent people from "abusing" this feature?

So, again, what's the point of an armored vehicle that has serious weaknesses?

that my friend is called balancing.

those weaknesses give everyone a fighting chance. add kuruma plating to the insurgent windows and watch how it get abused evenmore.

you paying for utilities and services, just like in real life.

the daily fee allow one to pay the bills in a smaller amount that make it look insignificant.

right now i pay 1,450 everyday, which is an insignificant amount, if they were to charge that once every gta-month, it would be 40k+ at once, at the end of the day, they still take over 40k from my account.

the cargobob front glass and that of the police armored trucks are 100% bulletproof.

Standing on the runway at the sandy shores airfield, calls Pegasus to deliver a plane and they deliver it to the Grapeseed airfield. Oh but If I woulda drivin my car about 3-4 blocks aways from Sandy airfield them they woulda spawned it there cause it's the closest.

Where's the sense in this?

Same for boat docks. Sees a nice boat dock, Let's go boating he thinks to himself. Calls Pegasus and they deliver to a boat dock a few miles up the road....never mind u f*cktards!

VOrangejuiceV

Because balance. If people already complain all the time those cars are too overpowered, imagine if they were invincible. Everything needs to have a weak spot to make things fair.

Yeah. If its literally bulletproof this would be abused by squeakers and douchebags. And probably will be driven by everyone

darkgreenmeme

For me, I don't understand what the point was to make an armored Kuruma that can be blown up with one RPG, but is difficult to shoot in the windows.

Yet, the armored Insurgent can take up to 5 stickies or 4-5 RPGs, yet anyone with a pistol can shoot you out of it.

I bought the armored Schafter, which is a pretty slick ride, but with supposed "bulletproof glass," I've been shot dead out of it three times.

First, you do understand that the glass is gone once you start shooting out of the vehicle? The most effective use of bullet-resistance glass is to escape the shooter and get to a safe position, the glass will take a few hits before breaking, unlike the normal glass.

Karuma drivers are the hardest to shoot due to the small opening size for the windows, but the most effective method, while on foot, is to run for cover to where you can't be run over, then keep blasting them with an assault shotgun at close range. Unless the Karuma driver is very quick at making a drive-by headshot, this method is quite effective - no RPG needed, no $6K insurance cost.

I agree. I understand the concept of maintenance and all that, but really... "you paid $50 for the mechanic."

But I didn't call the mechanic today? It's strange to pay millions for Pegasus vehicles, but yet pay more just to use them.

Rockstar extortion technique #32?

Doesn't matter if you call the mechanic or not. The idea is that someone fixes your damage when you park your vehicle. Your logic here is like me not going out one evening and phoning up the council the next day asking to pay less tax as I did not utilise the street lights the previous night.

The Pegasus vehicles are free to use after the initial purchase price. It's the delivery charge you pay for. Have you never noticed that you get your $200 back every time Pegasus decides not to deliver your vehicle?

No extortion going on here.

• Like 2

Compton Menace

What is the f*ckig point on having so many explosives in gtao? Like really... you cant go nowere in open lobbies without the usual clusterf*ck .... got a 2 mil attack heli? f*ck you a noob with with a 75k homing launcher will obliterate you... stickies, RPGs, granade launchers,granades...whats next? Explosive rounds?

Explosives could be SERIOUSLY nerfed atleast on PVP free roam , the level of abuse is too damn high

Edited by Compton Menace

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

To avoid noobs and assholes from abusing it.

Though it woud be great to have a new armored vehicle in wich you cant use any weapons in but is completely bullet proof and can survive 3 rpgs and unlimited stickies and mines if it drives over them woud be great.

Dont make the acceleration to great though...otherwise we have to deal with assholes trying to run people over

What is the point of the GoPostal Boxville?

What is the f*ckig point on having so many explosives in gtao? Like really... you cant go nowere in open lobbies without the usual clusterf*ck .... got a 2 mil attack heli? f*ck you a noob with with a 75k homing launcher will obliterate you... stickies, RPGs, granade launchers,granades...whats next? Explosive rounds?

Explosives could be SERIOUSLY nerfed atleast on PVP free roam , the level of abuse is too damn high

I have to both concur and disagree, at the same time. I love the explosive nature of the game, even though I agree it's a cluster**ck on any given evening.

What I do not understand is the concept of giving players explosive weaponry and not allowing them to blow up personal vehicles without risk of Bad Sport.

I mean, seriously... what possible reason would these characters be running around with grenades, prox mines, stickies, RPGs, etc. for, if not to blow up cars?

Sure, you can say "Rhino" or "Lazer," but really, it's a LOT of explosives for a game about stealing cars! lol! :)

darkgreenmeme

I have to both concur and disagree, at the same time. I love the explosive nature of the game, even though I agree it's a cluster**ck on any given evening.

What I do not understand is the concept of giving players explosive weaponry and not allowing them to blow up personal vehicles without risk of Bad Sport.

I mean, seriously... what possible reason would these characters be running around with grenades, prox mines, stickies, RPGs, etc. for, if not to blow up cars?

Sure, you can say "Rhino" or "Lazer," but really, it's a LOT of explosives for a game about stealing cars! lol! :)

Explosives are expensive, and the cost should prohibit widespread use. However, money cheaters disable the need to earn money for themselves in the game, this is exactly why this type of cheating ruins the game.

Edited by darkgreenmeme

What the f*ck is the point in having to pay $200 to play a job?

Edited by souldisposal

darkgreenmeme

What the f*ck is the point in having to pay $200 to play a job?

You make it back if you don't quit. A small disincentive for bad sports.