1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

n8gamez1

GTA V Re-Sized ( Not Just Another FPS improvement Mod )

n8gamez1

:pirate: NEW RELEASES AND UPDATES!!!!! :pirate:

Here we go again.

More cleaning and adding of files and packages are now completed and represent a strong install and correct gameplay.

Sorry for the learning curve and subjecting you guys to it but it affords a more stable release for a lot more types of computers than We can test on.

Thanks for your support and patience!

Ok let's take a look and get a feel for the new repository layout.

We now are offering multiple options for the update.rpf,

The vanilla edits are without loading screens/music, map mod/ colored weapon/music wheel or timecycle edits,

no handling vehicles or popgroup edits are done to your game files.

4k 3-D Map mod by CSYON is beautiful but can be taxing on smaller game rigs...

so we are offering it in 4k, 2k and 1k versions; in all 4k, 2k, 1k update.rpf oiv packages.

Timecycle edits offer rich color scheme, ( and seem to offer better speed/action/motion for me ),

with vibrant weather patterns.

Yet there are so many timecycle edits out there so we offer our 4k, 2k, 1k update.rpf edits with or without them.

Changes to the handling.meta, vehicles.meta and popgroups.ymt include optimizing spawn ratio,

more diverse car types in game, the addition of the Enduro spawning on the streets along with other

cars of various dlcpacks are great....

But not for everyone.... now we also offer our 4k, 2k, 1k update.rpf edits with or without them.

We have completed x64h, x64g, x64f edits, added in:

x64t.rpf,

x64w.rpf,

chp and offroad motorcycle cops mod,

rebuilt each package and re-wrote all assembly.xml(s)

color coded and identified each package by name so you know

what package you just installed by noticing the same color you just saw on the last package,

Seeing the name of the x64 or rpf files edited with the current installer, or looking at the title or top of the grey

boarder of the install window to see what package you are closing.

Also we offer a few more tips and tutorials on things offered in the modded files versions, how to further edit them

and some test files you can try out, these are cleaned up from the game files N8Gamez found/cleaned that were broken code.

Currently our mod boasts x64 files:

update.rpf

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

h

i

j

k

m

o

s

t

u

v

w

Dlcpacks edits in x64w

mpbeach

mpbusiness

mpbusiness2

mpchristmas

mphipster

mpindependence

mpvalentines

mplts

mppilot

spupgrade

Dlcpacks edits in update:

mpapartment

mpchristmas2

mplowrider

mpluxe

mpluxe2

patchday1ng

patchday2ng

patchday3ng

patchday4ng

patchday5ng

patchday6ng

patchday7ng

patchday8ng

All installed you will shave off around 5.5 Gb space or more!!

GTA V RE-Sized is in constant progress which means once all

files are completed we will continue to edit additional "New" dlc.rpf's as R* Releasses them, or soon after.

MN8R01 and N8Gamez are the founding developers and are very passionate about our Mod.

We hope you enjoy the new features and file edits.

Peace, N8Gamez and MN8R01.

Edited by n8gamez1

apple tech geek

how do i install this mod??

i saw you made a video about it but since then there are alot more filles in the folder

do i need to install all .oiv files ?

since there are dlc packs update modded

update textures bla bla and folders idk how :)

n8gamez1

There are a few options for the update.rpf that can be found in the update options folder of our repository.

vanilla update

these 1k, 2k, 4k refer to the 3-D Map mods textures. Some lower end rigs can not handle the massive size of textures natively in 4k resoultion so I RE-Sized them down to 2k and 1k options.

Other options include ( or not ) timecycle edits and other elements.

Everyone has different desire for their game so we offered those options for the update.rpf edits.

The dlcpacks and all x64 oiv packages should be installed, ( install them in any order is fine ).

the GTA V RE-Sized CHP and Offroad Motorcycle Cops is an addon that brings a California Hwy Patrol and off-road dirt bike cop to the game.

You will need to use the latest OpenIV tool to install as the packages will need to be defragmented. Once defragmented they will shave off around 6GB of size overall.

The best thing I can recommend is for people to make backups of their original game files and keep them somewhere to assure for always having the original files safe. My modded files weigh around 30+GB, and save me 6+GB space on my drive when installed directly not in a mods folder.

MN8R01 installs the modded files directly into her game since she is limited on space in her drive. BUT she has those original on an external drive to reinstall when needed.

OpenIV offers two options for install in the game structure or a folder named mods.

OpenIV will create the mods folder and install the modded archives there for you, but it will take up more room that way since we are RE-Sizing all archives.

I hope that helps you in your curiosity.

Thanks and let me know what you think or further concerns.

Peace, N8Gamez

apple tech geek

i installed them but did not do anything

priatnaadnyana

ok dude,

I got an

A10 10 Compute cores up to 3,2 Ghz

4gb ram

R5+R6 graphics cards

I can play this game originaly with normal set,

and then I trying to install this mod

but I got some problem, The open IV crash when installing the .oiv packages, and it failed to instal the mod :v

Is this caused by the openiv or the mod files ?

PLZ respond my question (y)

NotGigo

Question, is the torrent link not a thing anymore? I can't seem to find it anywhere and Mega's download is going to take way too much time.

n8gamez1

Question, is the torrent link not a thing anymore? I can't seem to find it anywhere and Mega's download is going to take way too much time.

it has been kind of pointless during the development as constant changes came it would mess up torrent seeding.

But good news is here!

We have just finished the main file structure and edits!!!

Now we have the following files available in the repository and can find a torrent host for these files:

common.rpf

x64a

x64b

x64c

x64d

x64e

x64f

x64g

x64h

x64i

x64j

x64k

x64l

x64m

x64n

x64o

x64p

x64q

x64r

x64s

x64t

x64u

x64v

x64w

and are half way thorugh the dlcpacks.

Hopefully we can find someone to host our torrent!!

Peace, N8Gamez

7a3f8a-1.png
Well folks looks like we have reached the N.
as in x64n.rpf the last x64.rpf to be RE-Sized!
We are now in full beta version of the complete GTA V RE-Sized v8!
The Original main files are weighing in at 36.7GB :
With GTA V RE-Sized those main files now weigh in at 27.8GB:
That is a reduction of 8.9GB of space RE-Claimed from the R* GTA V Full install.
If you include the minor edits of the various dlcpacks and that bring an extra 0.67GB
of space the amount gained by the GTA V RE-Sized becomes over 9.57GB smaller!
But that's not the only benefit.....
With RE-Sized images the gameplay is much faster feeling and allowing for more ambient scenes/effects to be drawn by the CPU/GPU since those massive 4096/2048 images don't stutter and bog them down when drawing to your screen!
With the added diversity of popgroups.ymt you can also cut back on your population diversity which when turned up takes up more memory to spawn diverse peds/vehicles. We do it via the popgroups.ymt!
Though there is not a noticable FPS improvement the micro stutter and speed of the game in playing out animations/effects/weather elements is highly noticable and really gives more immersive feeling in gameplay.
The lavish little extras designed by R* for those MEGA COMPUTERS can be seen and felt by the less powerful rigs ... to degrees.
Up those settings!
If GTA V can play on your computer with normal settings with GTA V RE-Sized installed you can now up those settings to enjoy more than special textures and effects features... By upping the settings the game gears up for those massive textures to be thorwn at the processors on the fly so that means the engin revs up for those mega textures that We have RE-Sized. This means the RE-Sized textures move steady and fast through the processors resulting in a much more fluid gameplay experience. Finally the low end rigs get a chance to see and feel more immersion from GTA V than ever possible before!
With the RE-Sizing of textures comes other benefits like extending battery life, less demand on the fly to the processors reduces energy demand.
With your game files reduced by 8.7GB and running smoothly and fast GTA V RE-Sized becomes a perfect base to build your favorite modded version of GTA V.
Install more mods and still run better than when you originally installed GTA V!
GTA V RE-Sized frees up much room and memory for you to develope upon.
Even though it is designed with the "little guys game rigs" in mind don't be lead astray.
GTA V RE-Sized is great for everyone!
RE-Sizing the textures does not cut the quality out!
7a3f8a-3.png
RE-Sizing makes more room for memory, which allows for faster draw to screen action for GTA V.
On high end gameming rigs; experience much faster gameplay and intense gunplay/car spin-outs/car flips/ped rotations when hit by car/main character flying out of the window at high speeds/get in and out of vehicles much faster/move character much quicker/run with settings maxed and not feel stuttering plus not feel slowed in effects.
With our diverse traffic and additional CHP and Off Road Sanchez riding Cops you can enjoy the thrill of being chased across the desert on motorcycles by Cops.
The Off-Road Motorcycle Cops are action packed when they get on the scene!
We have spent many hours editing these files to bring back some of the real suspense and fast action GTA V deserves!
There are a few embellishments we include as a part of the Base of our Mod.
We have gone through most references to Route 68/Route 86 and changed them to:
Some of the texutres like in the desert were too blan and/or cartoonish for us.
So we touched them up for a nicer looking environment. ( shown with timecycle mod based from Xilandro)
Also included as optional items, found in the repository, are a few fixed xml files like:
events.meta, images.meta, scaleformpreallocation.xml frontend.xml, fontmap.xml, pausemenu.xml, spsetupui.xml and others...
All cleaned up by N8Gamez assurring that they open as xml files should and don't contain breaks in code.
These cleaned-up files seem to help the game start/run smoother, ( with nominally noticable results these files are not a part of any install but are available in the repository ).
Also included in the Repository is a tutorial on how to mod your gameconfig.xml for ultimate OFF-LINE ONLY gameplay. These edits cut out the networking aspects freeing up more memory allocation for the game engine to whore up like it does, throwing everything at the CPU/GPU on the fly really eats up memory so these edits are helpful in that way.
We have reached the target x64.rpf, ( X64n.rpf ) but that is not all for this Mod.
So far we mainly spoke of the main files there are many dlcpacks included in the mod too!
These contain various cars/peds/weapons/building edits and various other texture improvements/edits/add-on provided by R*. Those files can effect the gameplay if left at their native sizes. Though we have done many dlcpacks there are others we have not done and more R* will be distributing.
So there is still a bit more before GTA V RE-Sized is completed.
After catching-up on the dlcpacks we will return to each x64.rpf to assure we have optimized it to its limit to RE-Size the game archives completely.
GTA V RE-Sized was originally created on an ASUS K53z with 533mb shared vram Nvidia GTX 850m.
Currently it is been developed on an ACER V5 with i7 processors, 12GB mem and 4GB vram .
Also it is developed on an ASUS 751-JY with i7 processors, 24GB ram and 4GB vram Nvidia GTX 980m.
Edited by n8gamez1

n8gamez1

i installed them but did not do anything

Up your textures to very high and up other settings and see what happens ;)

also there have been many improvements with our mod. Just today we are releasing the final edits of the main archives!!

the part 2 of x64g will bring much more action and comes in two options!

Recently we got this message on GTA5Mods:

Either this community is full of jerks, or you guys just cant speak english.

I didnt even find one comment saying "Hey, it fixed my sh*t. thanks". What.The.f*ck!?

Made an account just to comment here and say I WANT TO GENTLY MAKE SWEET LOVE TO@N8Gamez. GET THIS MOD NOW!

My Laptop:

E5-573G-31px

i3 5005u 2.0

4gb ram

nvidia 920m

The game used to stutter like a bitch.

After installing this mod, i havent seen a single stutter even when flying/driving fast with max draw distance. I mean holy f*ck thats a huge achievement for a system with 4 gigabytes of WAAAAAM!

I cant thank these guys enough seriously. If you're stuttering? f*cking install this mod NOW.

11/10 ex wife came back and with bigger tits after installing mod.

PEople are seeing much improvement.

Be sure you have the latest oiv packages they created date should not be before 8-7-2016.

there were issues with the early installers and missing edits.

We are about to repackage for version X!

That is because GTA V RE-Sized shaves off around 10GB off the original install!

So up those settings, get the new files and let me know.

Peace, N8Gamez

Edited by n8gamez1

rallydrv

Question : Can I run GTA 5 with an .... Overclocked Intel PHDGD Omega 5.0 (1,5GB of video Memory) ; 6GB of RAM and an Intel Core i7 which insanely overclocked ? :))) With lowset setting and other FPS-Increaser mods .too ?

n8gamez1

Question : Can I run GTA 5 with an .... Overclocked Intel PHDGD Omega 5.0 (1,5GB of video Memory) ; 6GB of RAM and an Intel Core i7 which insanely overclocked ? :))) With lowset setting and other FPS-Increaser mods .too ?

Well if you try it this mod will definately help you play it. I am not sure about your rig but I started this mod while installing my DVD version on an Asus k53z with 512 shared vram. That old computer lies on a desk not working but many low end rigs are raving about our mod on the site:

First, a big thank for you awesome work.

I just registered here to write a little review of Re-Sized mod, cause he's actually not only efficient for low-medium rigs, since he let you tweak with more Vram resource; you’ll surely find it really nice if you plan to add some car mods, for example.

Here’s my rig : i74790k OC / 16G0 ddr3 OC 2100MHZ 9-10-9-28/GTX970 OC 1600mhz core/2000mhz ddr, on a fast hard disk (steam version).

I’ve installed all the parts of your mod with the .OIV package on a clean Vanilla version of the game.

First, I launched the game without any others mods, all on ultra except for High resolution shadows, 1440p/msaax2 (+mfaa)

Before : 40-70fps, stuttering on many locations, fps drops sometimes / Vram usage : 3650-MAX (4GB)

With your mod :55-85 fps, no stuttering, fps drop very rare/Vram usage : 2600-3000… !!

At the day, I’ve changed my settings and It works flawlessly with 4K DSR/MFAA (no msaa, obviously) with same settings (very high-ultra). Wow.

Before 4k : 30fps stuttering cause run out of the additional 0.5gb ram on gtx 970 (which are slow)

Now with 4K I’ve got 50-85 fps,3200-3500 Vram usage, 20 car mods, 30 mods running with a gtx970…but no stuttering, game fluid like oil, what an amazing work !

For GTX970 users, don’t forget mine is oc 1600mhz/2000mhz. The difference vs stock is really huge like 20fps.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks for this excellent mod !!! :)

FufuuuH

.obaidunderscore

Made this account mainly to say Thank you!

i installed almost all except x64i which keeps giving me error(i tried like more than 10 times) other gave me error once or twice durring installation but those were resolved by trying again, just tested the game it works great no error or crash so far. I normally get 40-50fps but with stutter with this mod didnt notice any major stutter.

Either this community is full of jerks, or you guys just cant speak english.

I didnt even find one comment saying "Hey, it fixed my sh*t. thanks". What.The.f*ck!?

Made an account just to comment here and say I WANT TO GENTLY MAKE SWEET LOVE TO@N8Gamez. GET THIS MOD NOW!

My Laptop:

E5-573G-31px

i3 5005u 2.0

4gb ram

nvidia 920m

The game used to stutter like a bitch.

After installing this mod, i havent seen a single stutter even when flying/driving fast with max draw distance. I mean holy f*ck thats a huge achievement for a system with 4 gigabytes of WAAAAAM!

I cant thank these guys enough seriously. If you're stuttering? f*cking install this mod NOW.

11/10 ex wife came back and with bigger tits after installing mod.

Ok, I have downloaded and installed the 1k fully moded package and now work. And, wow. From 5-20 fps (all on high) now on very high I have 25-70 fps! Thanks a lot!

mrpras@Xxshark888xX Well done bro, enjoy! It's a great mod - R* should make it part of their next patch.
Edited by n8gamez1

TWIST_OF_HATE

n8gamez1, how far this mod from final version ? How much files to re-size left ?

n8gamez1

n8gamez1, how far this mod from final version ? How much files to re-size left ?

We are far enough that we would welcome someone to host a torrent for the mod.

Currently all main files have been RE-Sized, but we want to go through again to assure we optimized all files we could.

As for fully complete we plan to continue with each new dlcpack edits as necessary.

Is it ready to download?

I say yes.

There is only a few remaining dlcpacks left to complete the current game archives.

I have a few things pulling in different directions but continue to find progress with development.

Thanks for your interest and inquiry.

Hope I help and answered it for you.

Peace, N8Gamez

New shots of Game Archive RE-Sized!!

8d4913-size%20comparison.PNGGot it!

Kind of a crappy image quality to show off the mod but this is a launch of the vanilla version of game and the GTA V RE-Sized version of game.

The capture quality sucks and my test was on the development rig shortly after editing large files so not too good of an idea but shows the difference.

The FPS is barely visable in top left corner during game. Test run on battery.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnP38UTHvVI

Edited by n8gamez1

n8gamez1

With our recent version out and most files completed we have added a new download site:

So currently we have GTA V RE-Sized on two main download sites:

http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta5/mods/83856-gta-v-re-sized-not-just-another-fps-improvement-mod-v-5-5-stable/ has a 4shared account

and

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/gta-v-re-sized has MegaNZ account

We hope to get up a torrent in the coming weeks!

First we needed to get development far enough along that the kinks work out and all main files are done.

We are very pleased with the responses and downloads!!

If you have our MOD installed kindly provide a before and after video with your settings and specs.

Peace, N8Gamez

Edited by n8gamez1

Mark91

This mod also change the handling files and cars replaced in x64e.rpf and dlcpacks folders ?

If necessary, the mod is easy to uninstall?

Edited by Mark91

n8gamez1

This mod also change the handling files and cars replaced in x64e.rpf and dlcpacks folders ?

If necessary, the mod is easy to uninstall?

It is best to install GTA V RE-Sized first to get your platform at peak performance then install other mods ontop.

You can install the vanilla update.oiv and not effect handling files.

X64e.rpf contains much more than vehicles there are peds and other props, buildings too.

If you are saavy at all with modding you might try installing all but the x64e.rpf.

Before installing the x64e.rpf use OpenIV to navigate to your modded x64e.rpf with your cars in it.

Pull the vehicles.rpf file out of x64e.rpf/levels/gta5 location and save somewhere.

Run the installer and then replace our vehicles with yours.

dlcpacks are also oiv packages that should be installed as the contain more buildings/vehicles/props/peds too. You can use the same method above to keep your modded cars.

But honestly it is best to install the cars ontop of our RE-Sized vehicles to help your game play the best. So if you know what cars are edited or if they are not default cars but add on cars our installer will not touch them. It merely replaces the ytd files of of the vehicles. That is if you use the vanilla update version.

I did not consider the modded cars replaced in dlcpacks.

I will have to consider that more closely.

Thanks

If you install the mod use OpenIV version 2.8 to assure it properly installs and fragments, the older versions will not defragment via oiv packages.

Install with the package tool in OpenIV, ( icon with red and green dots ) you can choose to install into mods folder or game folder.

To remove when installed in game folder all you need to do is delete the files from your mods folder.

If you install in game folder you will need the original files to replace the GTA V RE-Sized ones.

Here is a video showing before and after https://youtu.be/WvnxwfZsVZA

Hope that helps.

Peace, N8Gamez

Edited by n8gamez1

Mark91

I created a copy of the game files, so I can do a test without mods.

I just finished downloading the full archive, what do I install to keep the original handling files? I have the v1.33 RLD.

n8gamez1

I just finished downloading the full archive, what do I install to keep the original handling files? I have the v1.33 RLD.

Install all x64.rpf packages , choose with x64g part 2.oiv if you want the low quality roads or high quality roads. ( I prefer the higher quality roads since you are on them most.)

install the vanilla update.oiv

dlcpacks.oiv

and dlcpacks part 2.oiv

Those cover the bases for the MOD.

If you want you can run without installing the update edits.

Remember after installing the mod to up your game settings of texture to high or start with very high. That is when the magic of our Mod kicks in.

If you think your rig can't play with very high textures then definitely give it a shot first. If you can run GTA V on your rig then with our Mod installed you will be able to up those settings.

If you decide to insert your edited files into our modded 1.33RLd update.rpf found here: https://mega.nz/#!9cZEWLIR!CLFZaqAJhkHNBYxA97U_tQrO8x1syu5BS1v14NTgxD8

Then it should be a smooth transition. We also provide the launcher and gta5 exes that are offline only and do not launch SocialClub in the same location as the update.rpf link.

Let me know what your results are.

Specs, FPS before and after and anything special you find about our MOD.

We are always looking for videos to share too so keep that in mind.

Peace, N8Gamez

Edited by n8gamez1

rollschuh2282

can you upload the mod on mediafire.com, because when i download from mega i have this stupid daily download limit, and at 4shared you can only download 3gb per day.

but mediafire do not have such limits

Sweet Bellic

can you upload the mod on mediafire.com, because when i download from mega i have this stupid daily download limit, and at 4shared you can only download 3gb per day.

Torrent is the best way though.

n8gamez1

Thanks for letting us know about the limitations.

I am slowly uploading to Dropbox and will look into mega later.

Sorry for the delays in getting GTA V RE-Sized installed, it will be worth it though.

Make sure you download the latest version of OpenIV to install it too!

I highly suggest you install our Mod on a clean GTA V install then build your mods on top to assure no anomalies occur.

I will hopefully have the files up on Dropbox in the coming days.

Torrent is the best way though.

We are still in development and close to the end.

It is not a good thing to change the file structure in a torrent so we are waiting until the Final Version to offer a torrent.

Sorry guys I know it does little good to your need right now.. Like I said I am uploading to Dropbox to offer a few different sites.

I got no job or income so I use the free hosting sites.

n8gamez1

49e41e-BM%20GTA%20V%20vs.%20GTA%20V%20RE

Just a personal comment from me to you:

So often I see and hear people buzzing about FPS drops.
One major reason is due to the way GTA V builds virtual partitions for game to be loaded to on the fly.
That means a huge resource allocated for the game environment is ever eating up memory.
Another reason for the sudden drops is due to the script, there are certain locations for spawning mission starts and other ambient or side mission starts.
Of course there are the interiors too which bite at the memory when near those locations.
GTA V RE-Sized does help though the FPS drops are not merely related to textures loading but the other aspects noted above.
With a prime focus on the number of FPS many are not noticing the subtle results of our MOD.
Sure Frames Per Second are important, but so is how much can be drawn in that time.
For example with the RE-Sized installed; textures images load much quicker and downsample faster too, this means that there is more time for other ambient effcts to be drawn on screen; thus many elements intended to be enjoyed but previously due to the massive bottlenecking of the CPU/GPU/Memory were unable to be fully seen or if seen not last long enough to be really taken in.
So it isn't just how fast the screen refreshes as much as how much can be drawn in that time frame.
Another subtle result when RE-Sizing the images is faster action: the feel of movement in vehicles/the distance player falls when flung out of a car/the quicker re-loads of weapons/the rotations vehicles can perform during crashes are due to the faster draw to screen allowed by the RE-Sizing of the images.
All in all GTA V RE-Sized will help your games performance tremendously but can not remove all forms of FPS drops.
Another subtle benefit of installing GTA V RE-Sized is the additional encouragement to build on top of it.
Once installed you now have a much more powerful game performance than the vanilla version.
So adding extra cars is not a problem as much when installing them on top of a clean new install of GTA V.
Don't forget about MAPS.
With the extra power available and less resources used to create the general game environment,
Map edits won't bottle neck as badly either, so you can enjoy that cool race track or Red Dead Desert map mod with less stuttering than if they are installed on a vanilla GTA V.
And size does count! When installed in the game folder GTA V RE-Sized is around 34GB replacing the vanilla archives that weigh in at 43.84GB!
We hope you see the values we calim and find them to be as true as we do.
GTA V RE-Sized has been developed through the assistance of encouragement by the GTA Community and is designed to be generic in form; as well as offer extra features or texture edits as optional installs. We created each oiv package with the same structure of the game archives so anyone can open the package and know where to install each file; thus they can alter or edit the package with the files they prefer. But mostly is it is laid out in that form to encourage open source development, in effort to openly share and show what is being edited and how.
This is the format the GTA Community could best benefit from, Open Source Sharing that enables and encourages others to apply their creative mind to bring better function/appeal/enjoyment to the Game Series we all LOVE!
G
T
A
We hope to see more people less concerned about the credit they get and more concerned how others can contribute and even create more excitement in the Game Series.
Thanks to all who have tried out our MOD and especially to those who contributed or provided feedback that eanbled further development so that GTA V RE-Sized can be installed on any rig or GTA V version!
Peace,
N8Gamez
Edited by n8gamez1

n8gamez1

Sure curious of your experience with our MOD?

People looking on the site are too. Care to share your experience and specs??

Thanks, N8Gmaez

Edited by n8gamez1

rollschuh2282

at the Wind Farm, there is a big glitchy pink area, that is not solid.

edit: http://imgur.com/a/LqiSO

edit2: ok the area is way bigger http://imgur.com/a/0kj7l

by the way, which .rpf is for the Windfarm?

Edited by rollschuh2282

n8gamez1

at the Wind Farm, there is a big glitchy pink area, that is not solid.

edit: http://imgur.com/a/LqiSO

edit2: ok the area is way bigger http://imgur.com/a/0kj7l

by the way, which .rpf is for the Windfarm?

That sounds like a map mod or an install over previously modded files.

Our mod merely replaces textures and does not replace models, showing the location does not help me to know the issue you are having.

Screen capture the error so a I know what you are dealing with in order for me to offer assistance on your issue, which seems un-related to our MOD.

Peace, N8Gamez

Trouble Shooting
Issues addressed:
Error loading game after installing
oiv package Installation failed.
Error loading game after installing.
If you installed the whole Mod and your game does not load or the user interface is messed up or If your game does not load after installing the update files.
Look in your GTA V folder for your mods folder, then look in the update folder in there for update.rpf and delete it.
Now your game will launch. IF you did not successfully install a fully Modded or medimum Modded update.oiv then try the "vanilla update.oiv"
If you installed directly into your game directory you will need to replace the update.rpf in your GTA V/update folder with the backup you made.
oiv package Installation failed.
1. Make sure you are using the latest version of OpenIV ( 2.8 or higher ) in Edit mode. The defragmenting is important part of the mod. We requested GooD-NtS to allow us to defragment via the assembly.xml and he was kind enough to make a new version of OpenIV 2.8 allowing defragmentation via the installer assembly.xml.
2. You used OpenIV 2.8 but it fails to install, check your mods folder and delete the file that failed installing( example: x64f.oiv failed to install you delete x64f.rpf from the mods folder). Try the installer again, if it fails again you can try a couple of things:
a) check your game file you are building from.
With OpenIV in Edit mode navigate to the file that errored ( example: x64f.rpf ) and open that archive and check the .rpf files inside ( example: x64f.rpf\levels\gta5\destruction\exterior\des_apartmentblock.rpf ) check each one so we can see if they all open. If there is a corrupt file OpenIV you show an error and you will need to replace that file for the installer to work. this should only take a short moment or so to do.
If there is a corrupt rpf file in your main .rpf file, ( example corrupted des_apartmentblock.rpf in the mods\x64f.rpf\levels\gta5\destruction\exterior folder ), then we want to look and see if there is the same corruption in the Game Folder file. Use OpenIV in Edit mode and navigate to your game main folder nott he mods folder and check and see if the same. rpf fails to open. If there is a corruption you will need to replace that archive.
b) if it is not the file is corrupted or the wrong version of OpenIV.
The .oiv is just a zip. Change the name from oiv to zip, ( example x64f.rpf.oiv to x64f.rpf.zip ), and extract somewhere. Open the folder, ( example x64.rpf ), and you will see assembly.xml, icon.png and a folder named content with files in it.
The layout of our folders and files are clear as to where those files go to. That means it is identical to the game structure so it is easy to find with OpenIV and import them.
I laid the package out like this so you can see where each .rpf is edited and where the .ytd files go etc.
The most important thing is to defragment each .rpf inside the main archive then defragment the whole archive.
( example: in x64f.rpf we edited these files des_apartmentblock.rpf with C: as our main drive and we extracted the GTA V RE-Sized x64f.zip to the desktop then we would go to
C:\desktop\GTA V RE-Sized x64f\content\x64f.rpf\levels\gta5\destruction\exterior\des_apartmentblock.rpf ( this is a folder in our mod but an (.rpf) archive in the main ".rpf" archive,
"in our example x64f.rpf\des_apartmentblock.rpf. " )
Once we imported all the files to the archive (in this example des_apartmentblock.rpf), You will defragment that .rpf ( i.e.: des_apartmentblock.rpf gets defragmented not the main archive x64f.rpf )
Defragmenting: On top right of OpenIV in Edit mode ( Be sure that you have the correct .rpf selected/highlit in the left pane of OpenIV ) then click "File" at the top left of OpenIV now select defragment.
As we move to the next .rpf replacing the files in each folder and defragmenting each .rpf you are optimizing your game structure and size of the archive.
When we have imported all files for each. rpf inside the main .rpf.
( all files in the folder "content\x64f.rpf\des_apartmentblock.rpf are moved to the des_apartmentblock.rpf location one at a time and in the corresponding rpf location.)
Then we select the main .rpf ( x64f.rpf in our example ) and of course we click the "File" on top right of OpenIV in Edit mode and select defragment option so we can finally defragment the main .rpf ( our example x64f.rpf ) what ever main archive you are working in. ( dlc.rpf, common.rpf, update.rpf, x64g.rpf etc.. )
Now the archive is ready for action, and with it in your mods folder or main game folder, you can launch the game .
If during this process any files fail then check those failing files against your "vanilla" .rpf to be sure there is not the same corruption. If there is you need to replace that .rpf file.
Or simply do not include those edits and install the others that do not fail.
Alwasy report to us and please be patient we have no constant internet but will address or the community will address those issues. If required I will replace or upload necessary fixes for those who may have issues installing GTA V RE-Sized Mod.
Edited by n8gamez1

rollschuh2282

sometimes openiv simply closed during the oiv Installation.

and can you please which rpf file is for the windfarm?

n8gamez1

I am not sure off the top of my head but those areas are found in x64j, k, m I believe.

Make sure you are using OpenIV 2.8 and installing on clean files.

There should be no errors with the installer.

The only area of concern is the update.rpf as each version of the game is different. To be safe start with the vanilla update.oiv.

All other packages should install with OpenIV 2.8 easily.

rollschuh2282

I am not sure off the top of my head but those areas are found in x64j, k, m I believe.

The only area of concern is the update.rpf as each version of the game is different. To be safe start with the vanilla update.oiv.

i did not install the update.oiv

n8gamez1

More learning curves as we continue to move forward with our MOD.

It seems that every free hosting service requires the end user to create an account.

Our recent uploading to pcloud seems to have been a waste of my time since people complained about there being a cost.

Our mod does not cost to download and I hope to be able to get to a torrent soon.

In the mean time there is about a 30/70 % response.

30% seem to have issues with install related to either not having all dlcpacks installed or not using the correct version of OpenIV.

70% had little to no issues installing our MODs current version packages.

Many people are very pleased with our MODs performance from low to high end rigs.

I have not been able to do any further advances on the MODs development due to seeking/uploading to various sites in search of the best choices for server location/access.

IF anyone knows a good hosting site that does not require membership and that can handle a large traffic load while allowing me to share files around 10GB in size I sure would be thankful.

Well that's about it for update info on our progress to date.

Peace,

N8Gamez

i did not install the update.oiv

How is the gameplay currently?

Are you still having issues installing?

rollschuh2282

i think it is a openiv issue about the openiv close thing.

i put the mod out, because the windfarm was not solid.

i will try it again soon with the windfarm.

and I had ca. 5 fps more

Edited by rollschuh2282

Demetri64

Will this work with Visual V?