2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

n8gamez1

GTA V Re-Sized ( Not Just Another FPS improvement Mod )

n8gamez1

Been side tracked in setting up the manual installation files of the GTA V RE-Sized Mod. IT is moving along fairly fast an I am close to catching up with the current build. Once there We will release the Manual install version for those that want to do it yourself or save download bandwidth/time. It will definitely shave weight but be a bit of work once downloaded. There are a number of rpf files inside rpf files so the folder structure reflects that.

For example ( x64g.rpf\levels\gta5\generic\gtxd.rpf ) :

the textures for the gtxd.rpf that is located in the x64g.rpf are in the, folder named x64g.rpf and in the folder "levels" then the folder "gta5" in another folder named "generic" and finally in the folder "gtxd.rpf" so the folders have the .rpf to represent those files that go in the corresponding named rpf.

This way people can just follow the folders to the files but there are many folders that also lead to other folders so it is a bit arduous in effort I hope you are all ready for a bit of importing.

MN8R01 has continued with re-sizing the textures on some more of the remaining files left, while I spun of to do a few side projects and the mod will be undergoing a bit of a change soon, with the restructuring of our file distribution offering a manual version too.

Don't feel the mod is dead as we go through some changes.

Well that is all for now.
Peace,

N8Gamez

Edited by n8gamez1

n8gamez1

Progress is back on but don't anticipate an update too soon.

We are getting a lot of files we missed the first run around. The mod is taking a new form with the manual option getting much attention. Currently I have dlcpacks day 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 also I have mpapartment, mpchristmas2, mplowrider, mpluxe and ,pluxe2 along with x64e, x64f, x64g, x64h, x64i. Currently the folder weighs in at 3.59gb!! Much smaller than the full files but also a lot more work to install.

I do not know if I will be able to create an ovi for it as it really is a huge project.

So don't think the mod has died it is in a dormant state as we transition and get it ready for another update offering both the full files and the manual installation.

I will continue to provide the full files since I feel many who begin to do the manual install may simply give up and turn to the full rpf instead.

Once I complete the x64i.rpf ( which is almost done ) I will grab some clean vanilla files and see how the importing process goes and how long it can take to import the 4,100+ files from the 230 folders so far.

Peace, N8Gamez

AztecaEh

a solution would be is to list the changed RPFs in each update .so . instead of re-downloading everything . we could just download the specific RPF .

ThePrince

the torrent isnt updated, right ?

i see files missing from it, but existing in MEGA

or different size,

redheadpapa

Is there a way we could make it work on the previous patches?

n8gamez1

the torrent isnt updated, right ?

i see files missing from it, but existing in MEGA

or different size,

We are restructuring the mod so the modded files can be downloaded and then installed , it will be a much smaller download as currently it is under 4 gb; whereas the current files are the full archive files so they are like 18gb.

Sorry for the mix up and we will create a new site and upload the new version real soon. We have found many files we missed and I put back the high quality car interiors in. It does not look that good with low quality interiors and with much more of the game files re-sized the game doesn't mind the higher polygon models. That was part of the early development we have moved from.

So if you have been interested in our mod then give us a week or so to complete testing of the new version and get it uploaded.

Peace, N8Gamez

Is there a way we could make it work on the previous patches?

The files can be used for any version, only the update.rpf needs the older version gta5.exe; but we included that exe with our mod.

The files can be used for online play to bring a bit of fair gameplay to those with lower FPS and stuttering rigs.

ThePrince

yes i'm interested in your mod :) keep up the work

the problem is, i downloaded the files you have until now, and i followed the instructions

but the game crashes :/

n8gamez1

yes i'm interested in your mod :) keep up the work

the problem is, i downloaded the files you have until now, and i followed the instructions

but the game crashes :/

Did you use the update.rpf? use the optional install there is a gta5.exe that will work for it, since there was a change up in the gta5.exe version 1.0.617.1 we have included the previous version 1.0.505.2 of the gta5.exe so the mod works!

Edited by n8gamez1

n8gamez1

:lol: I am currently working on an openiv installer package form of the mod and it is going along well. The mass of files can really put people off I think. However the rebuilding of each archive should be done once all mods are installed as it will majorly reduce the size of each rpf. Normally one does not need to rebuild but with the numbers of files going into the archives it radically changes the size and structure, so to rebuild not only reduces the size of the rpf file it also helps the game recognize the smaller size of the archives. I have only just begun the long process to install the over 4,700+ files. I really didn't want this mod to be a job for others so we are very pleased that the package installer is a viable option.

n8gamez1

Great news we have successfully created an openiv installer for x64e, x64g and the dlcpacks: mpapartment, mpchristmas2, mplowrider, mpluxe, mpluxe2, patchday2ng, patchday3ng, patchday4ng, patchday5ng, patchday6ng, patchday7ng and patchday8ng!

Next up are x64f, x64h, x64i, x64j.

Others will follow.

My only complaint/concern is that it does not rebuild the archives as it goes through the installer, to RE-Size the size size of each archive and potentially offer quicker access and smaller files size.

Back tracking we have found a couple issues with the installer. x64h for some reason gives errors. I will need to restructure the files to create a clean export of the x64h to assure there are no issues with the contents, then try to import them again to an installer. One main issue of concern for me is that the installer does not rebuild the archives. So I may end up offering a manual installation too.

OpenIV does not require a rebuild most of the time but the massive change of content and size of the archive beckon the archives be rebuilt. Doing so allows for a much smoother result in gameplay, which is why we have been supplying the mod with the entire .rpf files.

Currently I have successfully written the installer for x64e, x64g, and the dlcpacks. it weighs in at 3.32gb. The remaining files are around 1gb more. Hey only a few thousand more files to go! :facedesk:

Finally got a working oiv installer version for x64h! :cool:

Tomorrow I hope to be uploading x64e, x64h, x64g, x64i and the dlcpacks which are in working oiv packages!

I have yet to complete x64c, x64f, x64j, x64s, x64u and x64v to match the current mods progress. :D

MN8R01 has been hard at work on x64h and x64k which are bringing much improvements to the areas that are still stuttering.
The mod will be focused on the vanilla version. Our Off-road dirt bike cops will be it's own mod so the repository is due for a big change up.

Some files will be replaced as they have been updated and since I intend to continue providing the most optimized versions of the rpf files we edit the .rpf files will remain available; but, we will be removing the optional installation of our mod to maintain the vanilla format for a base which people can build their mods upon.

Ever improving the mod is another example that IT's Not just another FPS Mod! :rol:

I have created a prep oiv to create the folder structure for people. ie: mods/update/x64/dlc.
This way people can be sure to have the mods folder and a place to easily copy the og files into. Only a small step it is a step that is taken out of the work for people installing the mod.
I have broken it into smaller chunks for faster downloading and less timeouts. :*(
So it will require installing a few packages, 5 so far.
So we are calling it version 5.0. :sarcasm:

Edited by Jestic

Jestic

Bro, unless people made a reply after your last post, use the edit button if you wanna post within the same day.

n8gamez1

Bro, unless people made a reply after your last post, use the edit button if you wanna post within the same day.

Thanks for your concern; but when I update the progress and only edit a previous post will people see the changes and recent improvements?

So when I post a couple times in a day it is because I am informing of the mods progress.

Anyway thanks for editing my posts for me, I guess.

So if I intend to inform people of what is going on with the mod say Today.... I guess I should, ( Following your suggestion), add it to this post to you???

Since you did not reply today but yesterday and today I can not inform people of the mods progress unless I edit this post to you?

Does this make sense??

I guess it can be annoying to those who really don't comment or inform viewers of the steps taken in their mods development.

I guess you are suggesting that I stay closed source with the development of this mod.

But I won't.

I prefer opensource as much as possible.

But then again though the mod is downloaded through this site I guess I can just stick with GTA5mods.com as they do not complain when I inform of the progress more than once a day.

In fact they appreciate being informed of its progress regularly.

This site has been like a dark cave where no-one interacts but there are thousands of people looking at it, and the mod has thousands of downloads so evidently informing as the mod develops is doing us some good.

But I will listen to you since you are probably the type of person to kick my mod from the site, just to be a control freak.

For I see no harm in keeping people informed of the progress.

Maybe I am one of the only people who spend all day working on their mod and into the night, changing and improving the development many times in a day.

So I guess I can stick with not letting people know of the issues I have found and how resolved them?

We don't need to share information just shell packaging, I get your sentiment and think it stinks.

But evidently you have the power to edit or change my mods development and I am not too sure I appreciate that.

This is what happens when control freaks are given positions that harbor some form of power.

sieg heil you Nazi.

Jestic

Double (triple, or even more) posting is not allowed, according to the forum rules. No one likes rules, especially on the internet but It's necessary to keep the forums clean.

There are exceptions, if you made significant progress within the same day you may post again, although having looked at your posts, they are rather minor updates. I consider daily updates to be pretty reguarly. Every few hours is really unnecessary. If people reply to your post, you may make as many replies as you'd like, as long as you don't double post, unless your last post was more than 24 hours ago.

Furthermore, your mod won't be removed in any circumstance unless they break the modding rules. I also have no grudge against you whatsoever, just pointing out a basic rule.

Edited by Jestic

n8gamez1
I was just online with Frey in Moldova and testing the installer. I am not too pleased with the oiv installation for the installer does not rebuild the rpf files, so it does not optimize the game very much. Frey had installed the oiv packages but did not see much improvement in the game.

I realized the issue was related to the archives not being rebuild and so we went through the process of rebuilding each of the archives and THEN he noticed SOME improvement.

Now to show him the benefit of the mod I told him to put his texture setting to Very High and grass to Very High turned his ambient occlusion on and set it to high and in advanced settings gave one click to distance draw.

He was BLOWN AWAY at the increase of FPS and overall smoothness.

Before the mod he was running most every thing off or normal and got around 24 fps at 1080 now at the very high and other higher settings he is getting around 30 stable at 1920.

We tested higher settings and lower to optimize the game for his pleasure but he was very impressed his 2gb video card could play GTA V at such High settings.

I asked him to record with his phone so it is clear the mod is doing what we say it is and show the vanilla v. GTA V RE-Sized but the problem comes in that he can not run the vanilla GTA V at those high settings. :cool:

When he gets it done we will share the link here.

This reminds me to say:

"If you are running the mod put texture to Very High to get the benefit of the RE-Sized images and overall increase of performance and FPS. Grass should be set at least to High but I suggest testing at Very High. This may sound crazy to some and impossible to others but this is how to really get the most from this mod. After all it is Not just another FPS improvement." - Peace, N8Gamez

And here is a recent comment on GTA5 Mod site:

Cyron43

@N8Gamez This is awesome! I don't need e new graphics card! As I said yesterday, mine has just 1GB. After installing this mod I have set

- texture quality to high

- water quality very high

- grass quality high

- shader quality high

- reflections high

The in-game graphics settings claim it uses 1740MB but this comes from a predefined formula which doesn't take the actual texture sizes into account. The GPU monitor tells me it just uses up to 1006 MB.

My graphics card "feels good" and I get between 25 and 28 FPS. I know the younger players will laugh at this but my eyes are old and this is sufficient for me.

Edited by n8gamez1

n8gamez1
I spoke with GooD-NTS leader of the OpenIV Team about the issue I have with the OpenIV packages not being able to rebuild the archives.

It looks like he will put that feature in with the next release. Until it comes out we will continue to provide the whole archives since the oiv currently does not rebuild and it is crucial that it does.

We may be getting a few updates in the next days. x64h and x64i have been reworked and x64k has been RE-Sized by MN8R01. The mod is moving along nicely and we can offer the installer soon as it comes out but in the mean time I am working on a tool to create the packages since the only tool out there seems to make a million separate folders with the files. I prefer to have them laid out like the game archive structure so people can easily look in the oiv and see what is there.

The current tool for making packages does not do this though I have spoken with the author about this very issue of making unique named folders for every file being too much and confusing. So either Felix Bartling (reditec) will alter his tool or I will finnish mine; either ways we are doing our best to get an installer for the mod.

Dropzone is basically done but we will be changing the name before releasing it. This tool will allow people to safely play offline and leave the game in a vanilla state. We began developing the tool before OpenIV cameout with the mods folder so it is a little late in coming. But the tool is very comprehensive, you simply will launch it and it will locate your GTA V directory and create a folder where you can put your mods. It will recognize the files inserted and rename them into the directory, much like the mods folder does. Then it will kill internet access to GTA V/Social Club so the game launches in offline mode.

It came a little late since the mods folder does basically the same aspects plus allows for online play. but in the event of ROCKSTAR breaking that ability of OpenIV with a patch/dlc update our tool will do a great job for playing mods.

So there is constantly motion with this mod and its various development.

My internet is about to run out and with all our time spent working on this mod, either I am not going to be able to reply to posts and develop the mod or I will need to stop progress to go out and earn the money I need to get internet access again.

That being said would anyone contribute if I set up a paypal for the mod, to help out with the internet access is my main concern for I have no resoruces left to afford internet without breaking from the mods development.

We have been working on this modification since the release of OpenIV for GTA V and covered thousands of ytd and textures, there are still thousands left to do.

So I thought I would ask if anyone would offer to contribute to keep this mod going and if you think it would be worth putting up a paypal account for GTA V RE-Sized.

Peace, N8Gamez

user posted image

Edited by n8gamez1

n8gamez1

Double (triple, or even more) posting is not allowed, according to the forum rules. No one likes rules, especially on the internet but It's necessary to keep the forums clean.

There are exceptions, if you made significant progress within the same day you may post again, although having looked at your posts, they are rather minor updates. I consider daily updates to be pretty reguarly. Every few hours is really unnecessary. If people reply to your post, you may make as many replies as you'd like, as long as you don't double post, unless your last post was more than 24 hours ago.

Furthermore, your mod won't be removed in any circumstance unless they break the modding rules. I also have no grudge against you whatsoever, just pointing out a basic rule.

It is sad that this site sees little to no input from any viewers, there are only 105 posts so it is not likely that I have clicked 4,078 times. It is much more likely that many people are looking at this mod which is why I continued to post as I have.

Edited by n8gamez1

n8gamez1
d2c167-gtav_logob256.png

Welcome to the New GTA V RE-Sized version 5.0

We have updated the x64f, x64g, x64h, x64i and added x64k plus some more dlcpacks: mpluxe, mpluxe2, mplowrider and mpapartments.

As a bonus we have an oiv package installer for the update edits so when Rockstar updates the game :santa:so can you.

Again and again easily!

Plus since the update.rpf contains too many elements of each gamers rigs specs we are only providing those file we RE-Sized and our logo~n~stuff.

We encourage you to use the oiv don't launch game but rebuild your update.rpf to get the maximum benefits.

The oiv package will replace your vehicles and handling plus the popgroups.ymt. Don't be discouraged, these files have been optimized too.

The popgroup is not a necessity it does spawn many dlc cars in the game and the vehicles has edits to the sanchez so it does not feel like a corn cob up your but when you jam through the desert or on the roads.

The handling is very important!!!

Since it does not spawn a maximum of 999 cars 100% of the time, like most modders tend to do to see their car everywhere, you will get much better performance.

We kept the max number of spawns below 12 and no spawn over 30% of the time; so there is a nice diversity of rides and the game does not bog down with too many spawns of a single vehicle.

Remember GTA V RE-Sized is a base to build your mods upon, an extra advantage to buy that precious memory/cpu/gpu power for the extra weight you will be using in your game.

We know you will see the value in not spawning too many of the same cars and not 100% of the time since doing that will hang your mem/cpu/gpu.

Instead add your mods to this and follow the flow of it to maintain the best gaming experience possible.

The fire, weapons, blood splatter, muzzle effects have been re-sized to make those battles fast and fierce.

We are very proud to bring this next update as it brings a huge performance boost to our already Amazing Mod.

We will continue to develop the mod and sure would like to see a few donations to help keep the internet up so we can continue to provide support and more files.

Please continue to leave feed back so we can optimize this mod to the maximum performance!

Peace,

N8Gamez and the GTA V RE-Sized Team.

Edited by n8gamez1

bladeofmy

Im sorry for my stupid question , but my native language is not english nor russian and stuff so Im having hard time finding the torrent download.Tried to download it from mega but told me its over 50hours... Any kind of help will be appriciated :)

Sentinellas II

Could you mirror the download to any site that isn't Mega? I keep getting "Error: File too big to be reliably handled in memory." every time I try to download it.

Y4kuzi

This mod does not work for me. I followed the instructions, placed the needed files in the mods folder but it crashes during loading screen.

This mod might be dead, sadly. Author was last active here at end of February, on gta5-mods.com page https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/gta-v-re-sized since the very last day of March (March, 31st) he didn't has any kind of response nor was replied to anyone in comments... Separately, links for downloading some of necessary files seems to be down, and they might be not fixed at all... This performance mod seems to be abandoned most likely - it has no updates or any fixes for two months now...

Edited by 65536

diaboletto92

how much ram game use at 800x600 with all at minimum ? pls test and reply me :)

BSDO97

I have a question: I have the Rockstar Social Club game. So can I use this mod to play GTA Online? Is it safe online? I don't want to be banned. Thanks in advance

priatnaadnyana

Is this mod will affect on this laptop
Graphic Card: AMD Radeon HD 8210 with 512 mb / 2 gb
Processor: AMD E1-2100 with f*cking 1ghz
RAM: 4 gb, but this f*cking processor use 3,5 ghz
Bits: 64

diaboletto92

how much ram game use at 800x600 with all at minimum ? pls test and reply me :)

uppppp

TWIST_OF_HATE

Very promising project, but seems to be dead now. Guys, did anyone know how much stuff is left to do according to development reports ?

n8gamez1

I have been swamped with moving and building a new home, plus I am going through Court related matters that are moving in the United States Federal Supreme Court, No I am not a criminal it is more complicated than that, ( and no it is not marijuana related ), as it is in process I can not say any more until the case is over. During that time my Pop died and I have had many things like not having internet access to continue uploading or running the mod. As R* requires constantly that I re-re-re-reactivate the game just to play off-line. I had to crack the game to simply play some, in doing so I needed to figure out how to use my update.rpf as the controls were different. so I apologize I have not been active as I was. I sure miss the editing and look forward to getting back on track with it.

Current status is that the mod replaces most of the rpf files.

I just got a message and the recent OpenIV which I spoke to the author about my need to be able to rebuild the rpf files via the package installer; to which he kindly has supported. Now I can look to creating oiv packages of the mod which should be a much smaller size. With my court case current things are tuff, but I did finally finish building my new home and have moved my Pop's things out of Shel Silversteins estate. So much of my stress is lessened allowing me to get back to editing. Yet I still don't have internet access and need to re-re-activate my game or continue with it cracked.

Thank you all for your interest in this mod and remember, " IF YOU DOWNLOAD THIS MOD AND RUN IT BE SURE TO UP YOUR SETTINGS TO VERY HIGH FOR TEXTURES AND GRASS TO AT LEAST HIGH, ALSO TRY UPPING THE OTHER EFFECTS AND SEE HOW YOUR RIG CAN ACTUALLY BECOME MORE EXCITING THAN IT PREVIOUSLY WAS WHEN PLAYING GTA V!"

Peace, N8Gamez

As this mod only effects the images and does not offer any special advantages or mods to cheat with you should not have an issue, put them in the mods folder to assure you don't get kicked. As for me the last times MN8R01 and I played online we used the mod with no issues at all.

Peace, N8Gamez

TWIST_OF_HATE

Looking forward for updates ! V runs pretty bad on my PC, I'm definitely not a fan of this game, but just curious how this mod will affect performance on my side.

n8gamez1

It appears you have a cracked version of the game. Don't use the update.rpf I provided and use the cracked update.rpf, then the game will play. Also don't forget to up your settings of texture to very high and bump other settings up too to see how far and much more you can push the settings and maintain smooth gameplay.

Recently, though I have bought 3 different CD versions of the game and one Steam version, I have turned to cracking the game since I don't have internet access and can't keep re-activating the game. Doing so lead to a series of issues in using my mod. The result of which was to copy the control folders, ( and their contents ), from the cracked version update.rpf ( found in the common/data and x64/data ) and import them into my update.rpf. As there are extra files in the control folders it is advantageous to delete and create a new "control" folder to place the contents in. After that I took the dlclist.xml and extratitlesmetadata from my update.rpf and imported them into the common.rpf. Until I did this the game would crash. So perhaps placing the extratitlesmetadata in the common folder was the... missing link to my dilemma.

Hope this helps, I offer two options: 1. use the cracked update.rpf or 2. replace the folder contents of controls in the update.rpf with those of the cracked version.

Peace, N8Gamez.

n8gamez1

Have you downloaded this mod and tried it yet?

Any updates to its current development are mainly to be in future dlcpacks and about 6 or so remaining x64.rpf files.. As Good_NTS has been so kind to include in a new OpenIV the ability to rebuild and defragment via the package installer tool I am anxious to spend time recompiling the mod into an oiv. This should be a much smaller size for up/downloading. As it stands this mod in its current state does bring some pretty impressive results to lesser and greater rigs. The main benefits are only seen when pushing the settings to very high for texture and gearing up the game engine to spit it out at faster speeds. Since it is spitting out re-sized textures of like 512 instead of 4096 or 2048 there is much less stutter, plus since the game can spit it out faster more ambient effects can actually be played out.

This will change the view of GTA V from low to high and to those who like me have a monster gaming rig like my ASUS G751 JY with 32gb RAM and two solid state drives and an Nvidia GTX 980m I use this mod constantly and appreciate it very much. It allows me to add many other great mods and the game doesn't skip or stumble.

I can not say how long it will take to create the oiv packages but I can say I am excited to know that Good-NTS has included those features I requested so I can offer an oiv version.

Peace,N8Gamez.