2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Yacht being exploited need fixing

SaltyGTAFMember

SaltyGTAFMember

People inviting other to yachts then the off and on weapon exploit.

Need a timer added to it.

Like everything else:

Mechanic

Request car

MerryWeather

pegasus

VIP

Sell cars

Passive mode

Edited by DumbForum

An unknown multimillionaire criminal is inviting you over to his weaponized yacht, which he probably got from killing dozens of thousands of people, far away from any place you could possibly get help from or escape to without turning yourself vulnerable.

And you go, expecting that he won't try to kill you?

If you receive an invite, go passive and accept it.

Then demonstrate all the various obscene gestures to the host while walking in between him and other suckers that accepted his invite to distract him.

Take your mic and play DJ and dedicate each song to the yacht owner then place your mic next to a speaker playing Bieber, John Tesh, or whatever music you'd like to force upon the entire lobby. Make sure it's a crappy speaker, so that it sounds even more flat and "tinny" over the mic.

Once the host is ignoring you and killing others, drop Passive and throw a Merryweather flare by the hot tub or open-top of the top deck as a parting gift while taking cover by the bow (assuming he is at the stern). Once the Lazer has dropped its load, change sessions.

Cool down timers on passive mode and Kill Yourself are more necessary than this, which is a trap you are pretty much knowingly walking into.

• Like 3

If you receive an invite, go passive and accept it.

Then demonstrate all the various obscene gestures to the host while walking in between him and other suckers that accepted his invite to distract him.

Take your mic and play DJ and dedicate each song to the yacht owner then place your mic next to a speaker playing Bieber, John Tesh, or whatever music you'd like to force upon the entire lobby. Make sure it's a crappy speaker, so that it sounds even more flat and "tinny" over the mic.

Once the host is ignoring you and killing others, drop Passive and throw a Merryweather flare by the hot tub or open-top of the top deck as a parting gift while taking cover by the bow (assuming he is at the stern). Once the Lazer has dropped its load, change sessions.

Or..........teleport the passive badstard to paleto bay (mayor is going to be pissed on the sudden drops of kids by the beach) by moving your boat.

SaltyGTAFMember

Cool down timers on passive mode and Kill Yourself are more necessary than this, which is a trap you are pretty much knowingly walking into.

1446722726316681284.jpg

smokingndriving

I'm so tired of the children who think that they are special snowflakes and "why wouldn't you want ME on your yacht?" I have prox mines on the back and I run into randoms who are literally like, "You couldn't mean that for ME, right?" I mean, WTF, Seriously?

I farmed the hell out of 2X yachts and collected Gold and Chrome Dubstas for months so that I can have nice things, not so that everyone in every lobby can use it for free. I mean, I have people who are stunned, just STUNNED that I don't want everyone in the lobby running all over my yacht.

Or, they're just trolls who get on your yacht and do the thrusting motion because they're hur dur and think they're hilarious. Hey, I know what's funny, when I give them a bounty and go inside and turn off the defenses and tell the nearest Hydra pilot that they can fire at will. Or if they're in passive, just bounce to another lobby and they can get to swimming.

If you don't want to be attacked, here's an idea: DO NOT GO TO PEOPLE's YACHTS WITHOUT F'ING ASKING FIRST. IF YOU GO TO ONE AFTER ASKING/ACCEPTING INVITE AND THEY TROLL YOU THEN IT IS A VIDEO GAME AND IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD, COMING ON HERE TO WHINE ABOUT IT HELPS NOTHING. Or, perhaps don't keep accepting invites?

It is a continual thing on here when someone gets trolled on this game, they don't try to figure out what to do, they come running to here to complain and nothing's going to come from it.

The only thing that R* needs to do in this case is make it so that Yacht owners can deny everyone access if they want.

Edited by smokingndriving
  • Like 7

passive already have a cooldown.

since the game launch passive when from having no cooldown to a 15 second cooldown that was later increased to 30seconds and up to 1min like we have at the moment.

what more you want? a 12 hour cooldown like the VIP thing haha

also suicide cant get a cooldown, you cant cooldown me cooking a grenade to kill myself or blowing myself up with a stickybomb.

• Like 2

aaronBLUEeyes

Like everything else:

Mechanic

Request car

MerryWeather

pegasus

VIP

Sell cars

Passive mode

This does NOT need a bloody timer, for it should be at the owner's will to help fight off assholes trying to board yacht when un-wanted.

To protect for both sea/ground and assaults from the air.

• Like 2

smokingndriving

This does NOT need a bloody timer, for it should be at the owner's will to help fight off assholes trying to board yacht when un-wanted.

Thank you, exactly.

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Buy youre own yacht or make friends

Its the same thing with accepting invites from people to their appartments.

Always go in passive...if you go at all

TeammateHelper

Which is why you should stay on my yacht instead.

Like seriously I'm super lonely. My online times aren't in sync with my crew or my buddies. We can be butt buddies in the hot tub, IDK.

Like everything else:

Mechanic

Request car

MerryWeather

pegasus

VIP

Sell cars

Passive mode

Yacht Defenses won't stop them from climbing aboard though, that's the problem they need to fix. Make it so anyone that's not allow CANNOT go within a certain distance of the yacht.

BamaGoodfella

Personally, I think that anyone that boards your yacht that is not on your friend's list or in your crew should automatically have both passive mode and their weapons disabled. I also think that turning on the yacht's defenses should not disable the owner's weapons if they want to defend their boat. Oh yeah, and I want a pet alligator to guard my boat when I'm not around like Crockett had on Miami Vice LOL!

Elvis-Miami-Vice.jpg

• Like 5

Simple thing is to go passive, jack in their hot tub and wait until they pay to move their yacht. Grab a boat and follow them and repeat. It's costing them money every time they want to move, and if they are paying 25k a pop to avoid one guy, I'd consider that a victory

• Like 1

Call in an air strike

Air strikes can't be called on Yachts.

OP: Don't accept Yacht invites from strangers. Treat them like the "kill players in your garage glitch" and ignore them. If you go passive the owner can still troll you by moving the yacht and you'll end up in the water.

I'm pretty sure you are just salty you got spawn camped in a yacht. Like everyone else said, don't go on people's yachts if you don't want to get killed.

I've spawn killed people a couple of times just to prove a point, and that is don't go into people's yachts unless you are invited on.

TeammateHelper

I'm serious, guys. You can hang in my yacht anytime.

Just don't steal my Swift. How else would I leave my boat, right?

• Like 1

But passive mode already has a timer? I agree about yacht, but the passive mode cooldown is already fine the way it is.

BamaGoodfella

Your own fault. What did you learn?

Hopefully the same thing you should've learned in 2013 if you've been playing that long..... never trust strangers in GTAO LOL! :lol:

• Like 2

GAUNTLET HELLFIRE

I didn't think anyone actually accepted random invites. I get a lot of yacht and apartment invites and I have never once accepted them.

US Marshal1911

I don't even mess with yachts, it's best to just ignore it.

I'm more concerned with my Savage's paper armour, or the poor old Cargobob's broken hook.

Helicopters are such a neglected species these days.

• Like 2

actually , i love spilling bloods on my yacht

i could abuse the weaponry system to see if those trespassers pissed

trust no one , even a guy who offer a tour on their yacht . and if nescessary , passive mode before accepting invite

Edited by Sky_Light12