2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why is there no report category for script kiddys?

Amnesia.

TheKingChivas

I've been using "other" and explaining since there is no "script use" category.

Use "Game Exploits". Done.

• Like 4

Yep.

Edited by ninjaontour

Uncle Sikee Atric

I keep thinking of creating a macro that auto reports any hacks automatically, so loads of repeated logs might get noticed....

But then, I would get banned for auto scripting! Isn't irony grand?

MOaRJRr.jpg

TheKingChivas

Report option is useless in this game. Nothing will happen.

I don't know about that. It put me away, and I didn't even do anything:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/836970-back-in-bad-sport/

I was going to bring up your case as an example. What I think is correct is that the report function doesn't mean a lot if you've never been in Bad Sport, but if you get reported many times in a short period, it means a lot more. If you've already been to Bad Sport, it does a lot more good.

Otherwise R* Support would receive too many requests

• Like 1

I keep thinking of creating a macro that auto reports any hacks automatically, so loads of repeated logs might get noticed....

Modders are able to clear their reports, and delete SCADMIN tags on their accounts. If you're reporting a PC modder who's mildly competent, you're doing nothing more than giving them evidence and cause to kick you from the server.

Just a heads up.

Uncle Sikee Atric

Modders are able to clear their reports, and delete SCADMIN tags on their accounts. If you're reporting a PC modder who's mildly competent, you're doing nothing more than giving them evidence and cause to kick you from the server.

Just a heads up.

That is my point....

MOaRJRr.jpg

TheKingChivas

Just a heads up.

If you're playing on PC, you brought it on yourself, so I don't know why someone would waste their time reporting anyone. What did you expect?

Just a heads up.

If you're playing on PC, you brought it on yourself, so I don't know why someone would waste their time reporting anyone. What did you expect?

Actually, PC's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. I play daily, and yeah, I'll change lobby if some douchenozzle starts lobby bombing. It's really not that big of a deal.

Any PC player with a brain doesn't use the in-game report feature. I use Shadowplay (Nvidia GPU feature for recording gameplay) to get them on video cheating and/or admitting to it, then I e-mail it to the banhammer email. I've had quite a few bans effected successfully this way.

Edited by ninjaontour
  • Like 2

'Last gen console freezes while reporting' Done.

MRM95Jb.png

TheKingChivas

'Last gen console freezes while reporting' Done.

Well, that wasn't what OP was asking, now, was it? Regardless, I've been on PS4 since GTA was made available for it and that doesn't happen here. While I was still on PS3, I'd occasionally have a freeze when reporting someone, so I just stuck to emailing capture card video most of the time (and honestly, it wasn't nearly as bad while I was there, so I had few reasons to use it even then).

Quinn_flower

It's PC what did u expected

• Like 1

I hate to say it but....don't bother

It's not going to do anything to the player you're reporting, nor will it save you from the other script kiddies you encounter, your complaint will end up in the "we don't f*cking care" bin, and you will only have wasted a bunch of your own time.

The fact that this exist on PC is the fault of Rockstar and Take2, who, even after the PC community said so many before PC launch, refused to use dedicated servers for Online, instead of they used this useless Peer to Peer lobby system which allows near undetectable hacking/scripting/glitching, it is actually invisible while it's being used, R* and T2 can only see it after the fact in their logs, if their system detected it.

And however dedicated you are to improving GTAO's experience on PC, we are not here to clean up R* and T2's mess, let them suffocate in it, the best way to play on PC is in Invite Only, either alone or with your friends.

Edited by Reathyr

Just saying, last time i checked i was reported like over 80 times in total on my NON-MODDED legit account since 2013. I just deleted those reports though before i added billions and transfered to PS4.

MRM95Jb.png

Quinn_flower

It's PC what did u expected

Have you got GTA on PC, Quinn?

Yup I do but I screwed up my lappy so gotta send it to repairs. I stick to inv only

Roronoa Zoro

If you choose to play on pc, you should have expected scripts and mods. Welcome to PC gaming.

Yup I do but I screwed up my lappy so gotta send it to repairs. I stick to inv only

There's no need to restrict yourself that way. If you want to play in safe lobbies when you get your computer fixed, add me on SC. Username is the same is here.

----------------------

Actually, PC's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. I play daily, and yeah, I'll change lobby if some douchenozzle starts lobby bombing. It's really not that big of a deal.

Any PC player with a brain doesn't use the in-game report feature. I use Shadowplay (Nvidia GPU feature for recording gameplay) to get them on video cheating and/or admitting to it, then I e-mail it to the banhammer email. I've had quite a few bans effected successfully this way.

That really works? I've recorded a few of the little sh*ts myself in the act and I'd love to get them banned. So it works then? The banhammer email? I thought they got rid of that?

• Like 2

That really works? I've recorded a few of the little sh*ts myself in the act and I'd love to get them banned. So it works then? The banhammer email? I thought they got rid of that?

The actual e-mail address was deactivated a while ago, I just put it that way out of habit, apologies. You can do the same thing now by submitting a support request, and using the same format as the old banhammer e-mail used.

You can use this format:

Include the following:
Platform (PS/XB/PX):
Cheater’s SC ID:
Description of the violation:
Approximate time/date of the violation:
If possible, include concrete evidence, such as a video or a screenshot:
Edited by ninjaontour
  • Like 1

Quinn_flower

There's no need to restrict yourself that way. If you want to play in safe lobbies when you get your computer fixed, add me on SC. Username is the same is here.

Hey thanks ninja! I also have a X1 and ps4 if you have those as well

• Like 1

Hey thanks ninja! I also have a X1 and ps4 if you have those as well

No problem. I haven't bought a CG console, I suffered on the 360 until the PC release dropped lol. I've been thinking of picking up a PS4 for exclusives, and to play with a few friends who aren't on PC. It's my birthday next month, so I might treat myself :)

• Like 1

Just a heads up.

I expect Rockstar to have a decent anti-cheat program and dedicated servers. That's what I expect by playing on PC. Edited by LeCaire
  • Like 1

I expect Rockstar to have a decent anti-cheat program and dedicated servers. That's what I expect by playing on PC.

Sorry man, like I said, the PC community warned them about this well before PC release, they didn't listen, now the Peer to Peer system is part of the "bones" of the game, the entire basis of how online works, and thus the hardest if not impossible to replace part, we're stuck with it, same goes for their crappy excuse for an anti-cheating program.

I wish, as a PC only player myself, that could give some encouraging news, but.....no.... there isn't any, there isn't any real PC support, and there probably won't be, we are an afterthought.

Like I said you want a good experience, invite only sessions are the key, find people who you know you can trust not to cheat, and play with them there, outside of that, public lobbies are are the plague, avoid as best you can.

The only other scripter/hacker/cheater/glitcher free experience is the Current Gen Consoles, and I wouldn't buy one of those just for a clean GTAO experience, but I'm not you.

I expect Rockstar to have a decent anti-cheat program and dedicated servers. That's what I expect by playing on PC.

Sorry man, like I said, the PC community warned them about this well before PC release, they didn't listen, now the Peer to Peer system is part of the "bones" of the game, the entire basis of how online works, and thus the hardest if not impossible to replace part, we're stuck with it, same goes for their crappy excuse for an anti-cheating program.

I wish, as a PC only player myself, that could give some encouraging news, but.....no.... there isn't any, there isn't any real PC support, and there probably won't be, we are an afterthought.

Like I said you want a good experience, invite only sessions are the key, find people who you know you can trust not to cheat, and play with them there, outside of that, public lobbies are are the plague, avoid as best you can.

The only other scripter/hacker/cheater/glitcher free experience is the Current Gen Consoles, and I wouldn't buy one of those just for a clean GTAO experience, but I'm not you.

Why do they refuse to enroll the game in VAC?

It looks like Rockstar are somewhat tightening the abilities PC modders can use. 1.31 introduced a new way in which modders dropped money is calculated, which is a start. It used to be that modded money would count as "Job" money, but now they've forced it to where it's recorded as "Picked Up", which is a much simpler stat for them to pick up, thus the most recent banwave and lack of money modders.

Hopefully what we'll see is a gradual close down of the other features. It won't happen overnight, but they are doing something about it.

Why do they refuse to enroll the game in VAC?

What is VAC?