2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why do people care about K/D on Gta?

Adeel007

Have some fun!

I have a guy on my friends list who is a cool guy except at the thought of dying and ruining his 5.0 K/d!

I couldn't help but laugh when I suggested him to try a launch glitch and he's like "I don't want to ruin my K'D"

• Like 2

Just because some people care that much about their KD, doesn't mean everyone who cares about it cares about it to that extent.

OpenMikeEagle

Just giving you heads up. You are a walker and there is going to be some Rick Grimes coming for you...

This topic is a touchy subject and not only that there are many just like this...good luck!

Edited by OpenMikeEagle

They care for the same reason another player would for dm wins or tattoos for eg. Something to show off I guess.

CayDee?

I dunno ask those that view it as crucial to their gaming identity. It's a badge of prowess I'd guess. A certified "badass."

Dirty little secret is it's a meaningless stat that's easily alterable. So, in short it means nothing.

Edited by zoso80
  • Like 1

Because its a free country, at least where i live

You are free to care about what you want

• Like 2

Reminds me of when i was helping a friend out with his account, only to find out that i by accident gave him a 50 kd ratio lol.

Anyway, i never cared about kd ratio. However some just do. Like people used to give a sh*t about trophies and achievements.

MRM95Jb.png

It's supposed to be for respect or something. The higher your K/D is the better player you are. But the problem with it is that anyone can get a decent k/d simply by abusing passive mode and suicide. And not mention it has no purpose. Doesn't affect how how your matched up in deathmatches or anything.

• Like 7

Compton Menace

Pve>pvp

K/D means nothing, unless you have a fetish or something for PVP based jobs ...otherwise it shows how much of a griefer the player is..this game really shines on PvE all the way

• Like 2

I f*cking love Kraft dinner you put some ketchup on that sh*t mmmmmm tasty

• Like 4

As a canadian, I am required to like this post.

tumblr_ln27bwM0YN1qcro1do1_400.gif

• Like 8

Oh, that's nasty.

• Like 1

johnwontscore

High kd just means you've spent a lot of time fighting people who were at a disadvantage to you and that's about it. But gta players are such sad little tits that they'll cling onto anything that imparts a bit of status to them.

• Like 3

People need to understand that everyone have different tastes. Rise and maintain some good K/D ratio can be very fun for some people.

It's something to boast about. But yet again your stats can be illegitimate through using exploits and cheating.

Whitedodge00

Oh, look. Another useless K/D thread. Let me grab my popcorn before this gets locked. Don't start the fun yet!

Because Rockstar felt the need to put that in.

Imagine if they decided to remove it for a week and then look at the forums exploding...

Edited by EkaSwede

The usual childish comments fill a KD thread...

OP - It's the only stat in the game that gives players an general idea about the abilities/successfulness of other players.

Some players are genuinely skilled and are very proud of it, some don't particulalrly care about it, and some are fixated on it and will protect/boost it at all costs.

Those that fixated on it will do anything to boost and protect it. These players usually spend most of their time in jets, and will commit suicide to protect their KD if another player is about to kill them.

I think most players don't particularly care about it, some are genuinely proud of it and only a few boost it.

Edited by interfreak
  • Like 2

I kinda care about my KD, it may not mean much in free roam but it's everything in death matches, I also care about my racing stats and just got a positive win/loss record.Hate it when I'm doing a team death match and my teammates get slaughtered.

Rashkovskys Shiv

This...thread...again?

KD means nothing to me.I have never done TDM,care less about freemode fights.

darkgreenmeme

Because they play it like a lame version of COD. When you play some of the Martin adversary modes where hunters have weak weapons but unlimited lives and the hunted has one life but powerful weapons, the primadonnas that nurse a KDR will never win these kind of matches as hunter.

Keep in mind that people who care about kd aren't nessesarily competing against you specifically. They could be competing against their friends who play in the same way they do. Be it in a jet, on foot, in wall breaches... also, alot of this game is about getting in people heads in various ways, through talking sh*t, messages, KD ratios, winning races, whatever your thing may be. This is an open world game. You play your way, and let everybody else play theirs. My question is, why is everybody in this game so damn obsessed with how everyone else plays this game. People b*tch about every f*ckin thing, from k/d to the paint on peoples cars. Just play your game and don't worry about everyone else!

Edited by huckmonkey
  • Like 1

Whitedodge00

Keep in mind that people who care about kd aren't nessesarily competing against you specifically. They could be competing against their friends who play in the same way they do. Be it in a jet, on foot, in wall breaches... also, alot of this game is about getting in people heads in various ways, through talking sh*t, messages, KD ratios, winning races, whatever your thing may be. This is an open world game. You play your way, and let everybody else play theirs. My question is, why is everybody in this game so damn obsessed with how everyone else plays this game. People b*tch about every f*ckin thing, from k/d to the paint on peoples cars. Just play your game and don't worry about everyone else!

Have you ever seen one of GiantsGiants cars? That's why people complain about them.

• Like 2