2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Did Valentine's Day DLC get released early then removed?

Fireboy769

I was going through what they have in the clothing store for my Female Character after I did the Bodyguard vest Glitch, and I noticed that there were some stuff from the Valentine's Day Update (ie The category Stockings and Panties were there. The Tshirts were there. Everything was there.) But then I noticed there's a big ol lock on it. When I pressed it, It said "Sorry. This item is unavailable." I was gonna take a photo, but as I reached for my phone to take it, I (literally at the worse time) got disconnected from the session. When I came back, everything was gone and the game acted like nothing happened. So did they Accidentally released too soon, then delete it before anyone bought anything, even though you couldn't buy anything, without any word whatsoever? All I know is, I'm now definitely sure they're gonna re-release it this year.

EDIT: If this is true, then I'm really, really excited for Feburary :D

Edited by LeCaire
  • Like 3

Seems a bit early for Valentines stuff, no?

your character could do with the stockings and stuff. Mmm ha ha.

OfficialTwiggz

Yep. Which is why it's hard to believe.

I don't see them releasing the VDM DLC again.

I never said they were gonna release it this month. I just said it randomly appeared out of nowhere in the Clothes Store, then disappeared when I disconnected. Seems odd, quite frankly. I wonder if R* accidentally released the Valentine's stuff, realized the mistake, and tried to take it out before anyone noticed. Keyword being "Tried". Not sure if this only happened to me or it also happened to other people.

I really don't see why they wouldn't release it again. They already did that for the Festive Surprise.

I think they will re-release it this year. It's in the system already and the demand is there.

They didn't last year, but remember that they were trying to release Heists just 24 days after Valentines Day and they had to meet an announced date.

• Like 4

SkynetOnlineID

Do we get to keep the valentine clothes or does it get removed after the holiday? Can't remember if I brought them last time it was on.

It might not even happen since it didn't happen in 2015.

CarimboHanky

Do we get to keep the valentine clothes or does it get removed after the holiday? Can't remember if I brought them last time it was on.

you keep them as they were not free like the holiday clothes.

• Like 1

Chickensniping101

The reason it didn't happen last year was due to a bug in the interaction menu caused by releasing the DLC. R* were unable to fix it before Feb 14 and instead chose not to release it.

nWo_Y2J_2015

EDIT: If this is true, then I'm really, really excited for Feburary :D

Same here

The reason it didn't happen last year was due to a bug in the interaction menu caused by releasing the DLC. R* were unable to fix it before Feb 14 and instead chose not to release it.Where are your I getting that from? Actual source?

The 2014 Festive content's masks had the problem with the Interaction Menu. If you owned Valentines masks and the Feastive masks the game would critically lag if you tried to open the Interaction Menu. Rockstar removed players' Valentines masks and the problem didn't go away. When the Festive event ended and those masks were removed the lag problem went away but Rockstar did a poor job of putting the (paid for!) Valentines masks back. It took me more than 7 weeks with Support to get *all* of them restored.

The Valentines masks didn't cause a problem before or after the Festive Event 2014, only during, and it could easily have been the Festive masks that weren't coded correctly that actually triggered the problem (players that had Valentines and didn't "purchase" the free masks didn't have a problem with the menu during the event).

Besides, one of my characters had the Valentines masks before and after Feb 14 because I did not acquire the Frstive masks, so there wasn't an ongoing issue with them around that time. It makes more sense that the testing and programming of Heists had the full resources of Rockstar leading up to the announced release of March 10th.

Edited by ash-274
  • Like 1

SkynetOnlineID

The reason it didn't happen last year was due to a bug in the interaction menu caused by releasing the DLC. R* were unable to fix it before Feb 14 and instead chose not to release it.

I know the reason. It still might not happen this year if Rockstar haven't fixed the issue. It's a low possibility.

Chickensniping101

Where are your I getting that from? Actual source?

The 2014 Festive content's masks had the problem with the Interaction Menu. If you owned Valentines masks and the Feastive masks the game would critically lag if you tried to open the Interaction Menu. Rockstar removed players' Valentines masks and the problem didn't go away. When the Festive event ended and those masks were removed the lag problem went away but Rockstar did a poor job of putting the (paid for!) Valentines masks back. It took me more than 7 weeks with Support to get *all* of them restored.

The Valentines masks didn't cause a problem before or after the Festive Event 2014, only during, and it could easily have been the Festive masks that weren't coded correctly that actually triggered the problem (players that had Valentines and didn't "purchase" the free masks didn't have a problem with the menu during the event).

Now that you mention it I think I was wrong on the menu glitch.

Although I do (now) recall reading something about the flapper dresses causing issues. Can't exactly remember where I saw it but I think it was the R* twitter page.

All I know for certain is that R* intended to release it but couldn't due to a last-minute complication.

Sounds like Rockstar making excuses.

Whatever the reason for NOT releasing it back then, they should be able to release it this year. The only thing I don't have from the V-Day event is the Flapper Bob hairstyle. A Tier-2 Support guy tried multiple times to restore it to my character and nothing worked.

• Like 1

I know the reason. It still might not happen this year if Rockstar haven't fixed the issue. It's a low possibility.

They fixed that and all my Valentine masks came back already

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Ah...the roosevelt being de-rared woud be a great gift...

Still have it all on both characters, but it would be cool if they re-released it this year for newer players.

justinlynch3

I hope they not just re-release it but also patch it.

I own that stuff from the original release. Why can't I layer a skirt on over the stockings? Why does every other pair of heels outside the defaults make the stockings revert to shorts, yet high heel boot CAN be applied to stockings?

They are cool items cause few has them or use them, but they are also so very, very limited.

• Like 2

I hope they not just re-release it but also patch it.

I own that stuff from the original release. Why can't I layer a skirt on over the stockings? Why does every other pair of heels outside the defaults make the stockings revert to shorts, yet high heel boot CAN be applied to stockings?

They are cool items cause few has them or use them, but they are also so very, very limited.

Fixing the compatibility of the stockings would be cool, you can only use the stocking and still look normal by either wearing the oversized sports top or wearing the coat.

----------------------

If they are going to allow the Valentine's items to be bought again this year, you won't have to download anything - the game already contains the items, all they need to do is turn on the tunables for it. Of course, that's unless they don't add new items.

So OP's story could be true.

I hope the the DLC returns so that I can quit seeing these hipsters post about how cool they are that they have clothes and a sh*tty car that no one else has.

These items are not rare because Rockstar deemed them to be, they're rare because they were broken and R* skipped any kind of DLC for V-Day last year. As much as some of you want to feel special, Rockstar will pay a service to the current gen and PC players that likely never had the opportunity to acquire the accidentally, one time only DLC.

As someone who has/had all of the V-Day stuff (never cared enough to submit a ticket for missing sh*t I didn't want), I'm excited for the newer player to get a chance to add it to their collections. After all, it's still a limited release and you still need to acquire the stuff before the event ends, so far as I'm concerned that's rare enough.

Do you even know why it was missed last year? it'll be here on valentines day 100%. Bet you anything

• Like 2

If they are going to allow the Valentine's items to be bought again this year, you won't have to download anything - the game already contains the items, all they need to do is turn on the tunables for it. Of course, that's unless they don't add new items.

So OP's story could be true.

It's true. I was playing with him when it happened.

Sounds like Rockstar making excuses.

Whatever the reason for NOT releasing it back then, they should be able to release it this year. The only thing I don't have from the V-Day event is the Flapper Bob hairstyle. A Tier-2 Support guy tried multiple times to restore it to my character and nothing worked.

Rockstar NEVER mentioned it last year they never replied to not even one posy about it on support at all! ever.. It was so dodgy and suspicious and I've seen the same behavior from them every single time something is massively broken. There was like 500 questions and 100 about valentines.. 400 answered, 100 left blank. There some kind of policy as rockstar, if it's broken DO NOT MENTION IT and it will go away... lol. But it soon became obvious the reasons why. The masks locked up the interaction menu AND the dresses lost their category when they upgraded the cloths menu so they wouldn't stick if you put them on in your apartment.. (they were lost in the shop). Anyway both problems are long since fixed. The tunables to switch on valentines was actually added to the game the week before last years dlc.. which didn't happen but obvious they had intended to switch it on.

It's still bugged.

I have all those item and using them currently, what's bugged?