3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

"Chopper Tail" Contact Misson

darkgreenmeme

darkgreenmeme

"Slept with a cop last night. Woke up with handcuff marks, stubble burn, and intel on a raid they're doing on one of my labs. Dunno which one, but the chopper cordinating's coming in from the North East. Ron's setup some dune buggies at a good vantage point for you. Find the cops, take 'em out, and bring any equipment they appropriated."

Trevor contact mission
1-4 players
Opens at rank 70

[GTA Wiki]

Feel free to discuss your favorite methods and techniques for playing this mission, and disseminate any information about how the mission might change between updates.

Edited by darkgreenmeme

Once you've done the mission a couple times, memorize the destination point to save some time. This mission is a nice cash and RP payout, plus virtually no bad guys chase you.

Great Solo mission.

Beat the chopper there, RPG a couple of the cop cars from the top of the hill to thin the field out. Grab the truck and remember to run over the female cop on a bike between the two houses on the main road.

Great Solo mission.

Beat the chopper there, RPG a couple of the cop cars from the top of the hill to thin the field out. Grab the truck and remember to run over the female cop on a bike between the two houses on the main road.

Yeah, it's a solid RP payout, and decent cash payout, at the 6 minute mark. I genuinely like to play the mission as well, since you don't often get paid for off-roading in the game, lol.

Best use of the illegitimate Pegasus cargo Bob you can pick up the SUV and deliver it to Trevor's while the rest of your team clears out the cops my favorite mission

• Like 2

HighlyTurbable

it saddens me that only a couple people are creating these mission discussion threads

darkgreenmeme

it saddens me that only a couple people are creating these mission discussion threads

Feel free to start one for one that doesn't exist yet. I'll update the index sometime soon.

Chopper tail is a great mission to do after any mission ending at Trevor's trailer. Especially if using the buzzard. The buzzard will spawn at ss airport. Then fly to the dune buggy, hopp in and out, and then fly to the target using a combo of heli and ground attack. Leave the area quick with suv to avoid the backup and just speed past the motorcycle cop.

I hate the dune buggies off road so if not using a buzzard i will use a motorcycle which are superior off roading to the dune buggy.

Edited by jazzbone

Tails Prower

This is by far my favourite mission and cash grind in the game at the moment, so many different ways to complete this mission

and it can be so random as well with the NPC's, sometimes they go down easy other times they use their initiative.

My most recent play had one of those funny mission moments where I had killed all the cops, secured the Granger and dealt

with the SWAT guys so I decide to grab some juice, put the pad down grab my drink and come back to the console to see the

bike cop appear and kill my character,

• Like 2

I've done this once in heavy enough fog that actually following the chopper was not possible. Fortunately I had done it a few times before and so knew more or less where to go.

Chopper tail is a great mission to do after any mission ending at Trevor's trailer. Especially if using the buzzard. The buzzard will spawn at ss airport. Then fly to the dune buggy, hopp in and out, and then fly to the target using a combo of heli and ground attack. Leave the area quick with suv to avoid the backup and just speed past the motorcycle cop.

I hate the dune buggies off road so if not using a buzzard i will use a motorcycle which are superior off roading to the dune buggy.

It usually spawns your car in the car park of the U-TOOL at the bottom of the hill, if it's a pretty quick car you can hop down there and still easily beat the chopper.

I never bother with the SWAT team which arrives after you get in the Granger. Just break through the fence and go down the gulley ahead of you, left through the tunnel under the road and they don't really follow you.

Tails Prower

I never bother with the SWAT team which arrives after you get in the Granger. Just break through the fence and go down the gulley ahead of you, left through the tunnel under the road and they don't really follow you.

Personally I love waiting for them to come screaming down the road expecting to spray you with bullets...

Oops! Who left a Proximity Mine on the road - no kills for SWAT today!

I find it assuming to watch how far the Granger flies when they hit the mine though it's ridiculous the speeds vehicles can go at when you can't drive

the regular Granger that fast.

• Like 2

Foamysminion

I've done it a couple of times, and both times I said forget the dune buggy and went with my armour Karuma.

It's AWD and plenty fast enough off road, and when it comes to the shoot out, it's a tank.

Good, easy money.

whywontyoulisten

A great way to spawn yourself a free dune buggy solo*...and countless other vehicles due to the time lock. Also, no cops!

* Edit: I just discovered that they appear at the Paleto spawn point even if you're not driving one of the mission dune buggies.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

I like shooting the tires of the lady cop and I let her chase me all the way to Trevor's.

• Like 2

I play this mission to spawn the Blue/Yellow Sandkings at the Sandy Shores LSC. Store a couple in my garage and then take my Hydra to the dune buggy. Fly on over to the cops, and blast them. Wait for the chopper to land, and then haul ass to Trevor's. Easy 22.2K, and almost 4K RP.

A great way to spawn yourself a free dune buggy solo*...and countless other vehicles due to the time lock. Also, no cops!

* Edit: I just discovered that they appear at the Paleto spawn point even if you're not driving one of the mission dune buggies.

Indeed, it was very hard to get the cageless Dune Buggy from Paleto Bay when Chopper Tail was removed from the game as I don't think any

other missions have it and you had to buy one to force the spawn which was kinda costly.

DentureDynamite

I'm confused as to whether or not this is back on PC/PS4/XBOne, or only via previously-created playlist(s)?

Edited by DentureDynamite

darkgreenmeme

I'm confused as to whether or not this is back on PC/PS4/XBOne, or only via previously-created playlist(s)?

What do you mean? It's on my mission list on PS4.

It popped up for me around the vip dlc. Actually I remember trying to do it when it was snowing, that's when it started really showing up. I didn't have the helicopter's destination memorized so I failed three times. It's good to see some old missions coming back, hopefully they bring back more. I just got potshot, coveted, and ccIII back; they're somewhat nostalgic, now.

It should be in your list of Jobs > Contact Missions title Chopper Tail.

Was never possible to playlist this one.

Mission has been back a few updates now, maybe you need a new invite to it to get it back on your list, I'd help but alas I am PS4.

• Like 1

darkgreenmeme

I play this mission to spawn the Blue/Yellow Sandkings at the Sandy Shores LSC. Store a couple in my garage and then take my Hydra to the dune buggy. Fly on over to the cops, and blast them. Wait for the chopper to land, and then haul ass to Trevor's. Easy 22.2K, and almost 4K RP.

Apparently, there is a new spawn spot for the Sandkings at the Ammunation/Clothing Store near the Fort Zancudo approach road on Rt 68 as well.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/837588-how-to-spawn-the-upgraded-sandking-xl-new-location/

Apparently, there is a new spawn spot for the Sandkings at the Ammunation/Clothing Store near the Fort Zancudo approach road on Rt 68 as well.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/837588-how-to-spawn-the-upgraded-sandking-xl-new-location/

I shall be confirming the new Sandking location later today as have not had time to check that out yet but can do so tonight.

Don't forget that you can also get the Ratloaders quite easily during Chopper Tail mission as well as they both spawn randomly in Paleto Bay and drive

around Sandy Shores during this mission.

The Sandy Shores spawn 100% is get a Dune Buggy or other rusty car, start at the cop station and take a right and then take the next left and immediately

turn right at Ammunation, drive at normal speed and as you reach the bottom of the road and are turning left the Ratloader should appear beside you.

darkgreenmeme

I shall be confirming the new Sandking location later today as have not had time to check that out yet but can do so tonight.

Don't forget that you can also get the Ratloaders quite easily during Chopper Tail mission as well as they both spawn randomly in Paleto Bay and drive

around Sandy Shores during this mission.

The Sandy Shores spawn 100% is get a Dune Buggy or other rusty car, start at the cop station and take a right and then take the next left and immediately

turn right at Ammunation, drive at normal speed and as you reach the bottom of the road and are turning left the Ratloader should appear beside you.

Actually the location where they spawn is the gas station at the intersection of GOH and R68, with an NPC driving towards the GOH. You'll need to head north on GOH from the first bridge south of that intersection. It seems to be 100%. The vid suggested using that garage at the previously mentioned location to store them. Just did this mission and bagged 3 of 'em before actually starting the mission, the number of empty slots I have left in my garages. I have gotten some spawns at Larry's RV, across from the R68 LSC. Edited by darkgreenmeme
  • Like 1

This one is tough to do in under 6 minutes, but a nice pay off and doesn't require much ammo expense. Definitely one of my preferred payout missions.

We had a glitch in Chopper Tail at the weekend. Not sure if this has happened to anyone else?

A friend and I spent 15 mins trying to spawn Dubstas down at the airport LS Customs before picking up a Buzzard and continuing with the mission, him getting in the dune buggy and then getting out and back into the Buzzard. Since he was flying I left the room and made a cup of tea. I got back and found he'd killed all but three of the cops at the farm, so we jumped out and shot them. He got in the Granger to drive, I got in too. When we were back at Trevor's I noticed the on-screen message still said 'Follow The Helicopter' and the FIB Granger hadn't followed us - and of course the objective blip wasn't there. He went back to the dune buggies, I then drove one all the way to the farm along the same route the helicopter takes. There was no chopper at the farm and it wasn't stuck in mid-air, nor was there any wreckage on the ground en route. He had to fail the mission by destroying the Granger.

Did it again later that day and it was fine.