4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Uncle Sikee Atric

Euro & American Truck Simulators

Uncle Sikee Atric

@AiraCobra

You were asking about the state DLC's, well it looks like Oregon is about a month off.  The new Steam Page is up and it was about month after the page launch the New Mexico DLC went live.  There's also a showcase vid which I'll edit into this post once the YT links are live, it's still Steam exclusive currently.

Given how things are, everything is now bottle necked by the 1.32 Beta.  As soon as that's a full patch release, expect Oregon a few weeks later, that's usually how map DLC's are released.

---------

There's also the ETS2 Steam Page for Beyond The Baltic Sea (again with a new preview vid), the next map update for the game, but the launch for this will probably be more into the Autumn, there's been no sneak peeks or much indication of an ETA there.

AiraCobra
On 8/21/2018 at 12:03 PM, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

@AiraCobra

You were asking about the state DLC's, well it looks like Oregon is about a month off.  The new Steam Page is up and it was about month after the page launch the New Mexico DLC went live.  There's also a showcase vid which I'll edit into this post once the YT links are live, it's still Steam exclusive currently.

Given how things are, everything is now bottle necked by the 1.32 Beta.  As soon as that's a full patch release, expect Oregon a few weeks later, that's usually how map DLC's are released.

Ooh okay cool thanks, You're right to assume that i though the DLC had already been released since the page was already up since most games don't put up a DLC page until it's actually been released.

I haven't got to play ATC much in the last few months In fact I think I completely lost my save somewhere and it had quite a bit of progress on it too but the game is fun enough I don't think I'll mind too much rebuilding.

Uncle Sikee Atric

The latest Blog update is out and 1.32 is now officially out of Beta.  (The main change log is listed previously here, but there's been several updates across the Beta phase, plus several map resets on both games.)

This removes the last block on the Oregon update for ATS, which was confirmed for October last week.

PS : Keep an eye on the Blog this week, SCS has hinted there could be a free giveaway later this week and several announcements are confirmed incoming, including another Blog post later today.

----------------------

UPDATE : The Blog has now announced the launch of the Krone Trailer pack for ETS2, if you have 100+ hours in the game, the Blog is offering a free 10,000 key giveaway.  Just follow the instructions to claim one, instead of having to pay for the pack.  Here's the launch trailer.

OysterBarron

Sucks i missed the free giveaway this time :(

Uncle Sikee Atric

As quoted from the Blog today :

Oregon map expansion for American Truck Simulator
will come out on October 4, 2018.

So that's a week, a new trailer has also appeared.

(HINT : Watch the final clip of the trailer, by what people are suggesting, it looks like a possible new truck model from the rear.  Suggestions are an International or Volvo VNL 2018.)

SCS have also confirmed that they lift the NDA's for the Beta Press team this weekend, so expect previews and shows like Squirrel's Sunday Night Trucking to be running in Oregon.

DerangedCrackhead

There are already videos showcasing the beta on youtube. I've tried not to watch too much in order to not spoil it, but from what I've seen the scenery look beautifully crafted.

Have they said anything on the release price? I'm a bit short either of money and free time lately, so it is too expensive my wallet and productivity will thank me not purchasing it on release.

Uncle Sikee Atric

Oregon released about an hour ago.  Check out the Steam Page to purchase it.

oregon_blog.jpg

I'll be exploring tonight.

universetwisters

Is the Russian DLC for ETS2 worth playing or no?

Uncle Sikee Atric
7 hours ago, universetwisters said:

Is the Russian DLC for ETS2 worth playing or no?

Having seen 'some' of Squirrels' SNT pre-release Stream, yeah, it's looking good, the best quality and content so far for ETS2, but I was only really interested in the map and a little of the detail because it releases on Thursday and I'm not spoiling all of the surprises.

Anyway, time for an update and yeah, we'll start with the trailer and map for, "Beyond The Baltic Sea."

The map addition this time is big and there's a direct ferry link from the original map area, but to experience it best, it'll be worth picking up Going East and/or Going North while the Autumn Sale is on Steam, they're both on the cheap if you don't have them yet. (Under 10 Euros for the two, looking at the Steam page.)

balt_blog_map_small.jpg

As the prelude, ETS2 has also reached 1.33 (Looks like ATS will skip this patch and update at 1.34) and includes numerous updates.

Buyable new trailer types (Including the Krone Trailers if you have that DLC), and the new, Finland only, full double trailer consists, they look like this :

008.jpg

Steam Cloud saves and synching.

Rain Improvements.

Truck and Trailers template saving.

2 new port cities, for access to the new DLC.

Country localisation for multi-language support.

....and more, all listed on the blog.

(Since the new expansion overrides a large area of Promods, the update there for 1.33 will take a few weeks, but this expansion also covers a small area of Rusmap as well and they've also promised updates to come, including new content.)

Uncle Sikee Atric

Christmas is over, the special WoT event is done and a new year begins on the blog with the start of their 2019 roadmap and a new teaser.

There's 8 images in total and the greenery suggests we are looking at Washington state, although they'll not reveal the state name for a little while yet, however, the ferry does suggest a coastal connection and a few comments admit it looks pretty much identical to a known real world location within Washington :

005_wip.jpg

003_wip.jpg

007_wip.jpg

HockeyMike24

I keep hearing about these games and how people love them. Can someone with the game tell me what the appeal is to it?

Driving a semi from point A to point B just doesn't sound like much fun to me in reality or in a simulator. 

The N. Bellic Man
29 minutes ago, HockeyMike24 said:

Can someone with the game tell me what the appeal is to it?

Changing scenery, local radio stations and relaxing without complicated objectives. Driving from A to B can be boring, but for me it isn't. That being said I don't play these games all the time, but every now and then I just have to. I mean I miss being a virtual truck driver.

And what other choices do you have if you want to explore Europe in a game? ATS on the other hand does have some familiar locations from other games, but even still it's pretty awesome. And playing both of them makes you realize not only the differences in superficial things like different kind of trucks and roads but you can also detect the differences in the cultures of these two continents if you listen to the radio carefully. That being said even in ETS you can notice differences between different countries even if there is too many "top 40 radio stations" that sound pretty similar no matter what country they represent. And because I don't want that I sometimes listen to some obscure stations like one Polish station that plays religious songs and pope's speeches. Or BBC news programs.

AiraCobra
On 1/15/2019 at 7:30 PM, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

Christmas is over, the special WoT event is done and a new year begins on the blog with the start of their 2019 roadmap and a new teaser.

There's 8 images in total and the greenery suggests we are looking at Washington state, although they'll not reveal the state name for a little while yet, however, the ferry does suggest a coastal connection and a few comments admit it looks pretty much identical toaknownreal world location within Washington :

Washington is the only choice if we're going off the Ferry as Washington is the only state on the west coast that has inhabited islands that require Ferry Services to reach them as well as Ferry service between the U.S and Canada and as there are no inhabited islands off the coast of OR and California doesn't have any Ferries.

So the obvious choice here would be Washington unless they plan on surprising us with the whole U.S map in which case it could be New York City but if I had to bet it'd Washington State

Uncle Sikee Atric

Following the teasers last week, the Blog has been updated with the confirmation :

SCS have made it clear this expansion is to be a base for Eastward expansion, because Washington finishes the coastal 101 and the I-5 corridor.  After this we're going Eastward and opening the routes and connections that are clearly missing so far, because the covered area is little more than an L-shape of States.

There's extra piccies to see on the Blog, but most surprising is the fact there's a Steam Page already on display.  This potentially puts the expansion on a rapid release schedule and we're likely to see it sometime in the Spring, along with another map release come the Autumn.

asadog2

There's also a teaser video on YouTube and Instagram for the Euro 6 MAN TGX 

MAN Truck and Bus was tagged on the Instagram video

AiraCobra

I haven't played ATS in quite a long time and when I did I never did any West Coast runs they were all West to East so does have they done a good job with the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway)?

OBwmZyr.gif

Uncle Sikee Atric

Last night was the 3rd anniversary of ATS (already), and SCS hosted a stream to celebrate.  It had all sort of little titbits and hints buried in the interviews, but there was some little hints at the Washington DLC, a new truck model and manufacturer (the International Lonestar) and the news that work on the new renderer is well underway.

The latest aim is to start removing DX9 as early as 1.35 (we are currently at 1.33) and remove the legacy code in stages, by the end of the year at the latest.  The renderers will be running together at first and you can manually choose which one you will use, but shortly after completing a full DX11 version, DX9 will receive it's final update and support will stop as MS also stop support for DX9.

The other interesting thought about a full DX11 version is the fact that means both games would also match the current gen consoles in terms of DX support, something mentioned during the interviews.  Are console versions a possibility as a result?

The full stream is archived here :

Uncle Sikee Atric

Well that's a surprise....

Since this is a small 'un, both ETS2 and ATS have been updated to 1.34 without a Beta phase, but this is because 1.35 is going to be big and take a little time to reach us (as reported from the stream earlier this week, they are aiming at DX11 upgrades).

CHANGELOG:

ATS only:

Buyable Log trailer

Tonopah city refreshed

Another segment of OR-140 (Oregon DLC required)

Timezone areas fixed - Malheur county, OR (Oregon DLC required)

Numerous little map fixes and world polish added

ETS2 only:

MAN TGX Euro 6

Timezone areas fixed - Kaliningrad area, RU (Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC required)

Many little map fixes and world polish added

MOD ALERT: As with any update, due to the changes, a number of mods may need some work to catch up!

Here's the launch trailer for the new MAN TGX Euro 6, plus now they've got the blueprints and scans to add the new MAN Efficient Line 3 in the near future :

Uncle Sikee Atric

Not only is Washington State in development, it seems the ETS2 mapping crew is busy too.  They're teasing the next area to reach and it seems like the Balkans are the target. 

OurJud
On 2/5/2019 at 1:13 PM, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

Are console versions a possibility as a result?

Can't get the stream to play, but please let this be the case!

I know the PC snobs will argue otherwise, but I've never really understood why this particular game couldn't be ported successfully. Okay, so the graphics won't quite be up there with a maxed-out PC, but the obsessive attention to detail could be.

Uncle Sikee Atric

The teasers for 1.35 have been coming thick and fast in the last few weeks and the additions are looking like being the biggest pack ever.

ETS2 :

• Multiple new trailer types, including buyable new types of Finnish doubles, buyable Schwarzmüller trailers if you have that DLC, as well as other default new consists.  There's also an announcement that after successful trails in the real world, Scandinavian Doubles (and B-Doubles) will also be road legal in Germany and the Netherlands, so they're coming to owners of the base game.
  • The engine overhaul looks to have begun, there's effects in the game screenshots that appear different to the DX9 builds.
  • Sardinia, the latest teaser highlights that Sardinia has been mapped and owners of the Italia DLC will get it as a free addition.  Three new cities and plenty of small road driving on the island.
  • France is also getting some new roads south of Paris to help with the connections there.  They run off the A6 between Paris and Lyon, so one road will be on the default map and the other is on the France DLC area.

ATS :

• Another batch of new trailer types to help with the new Washington DLC area and Oregon, there's chip van trailers, specific B-Double types and a special trailer from the plant in Washington to haul, a consist of new T680's to deliver to dealers :
    ats_hq_5c93a09b_16.jpg
  • The engine overhaul is also undergoing in game.
  • Multiple new road sections around Oregon and Northern California.
  • A rework of roadsigns around Arizona and sections of California.

There's also been an announcement from Promods that was released as an April fool, but is actually real.  They're mapping Canada for ATS and have begun from the connections in Washington.  There's no release date yet, but the area covered so far is :

ProMods-ATS-1.0.png

Uncle Sikee Atric

Well, not only is SCS on Twitch and Steam right now, streaming the preview for the ATS 1.35 Beta, they've released the Open Beta to the general public.

The Betas have been in 'experimental' within the Forums (notice I said, betas, they've been letting us play both ETS2 and ATS 1.35 internally, if you knew what to look for, so I can confirm the changes are massive and the switch to DX11 makes a marked improvement to the overall performance, (although the v_sync settings are still dodgy and I haven't managed to unlock either game from a flat 60fps), however I've had no block loading stuttering and the overall game feels much smoother than the old DX9 version.

For now, here's the 'big' changelog, the download tips the scale at over a gig : (This links in the list refer to other posts on the SCS Blog where this list is copied from, they do work here.)

MAP

VEHICLES

FEATURES

• Owned trailers usable in External contracts (WoTR)
  • Online garage purchase
  • Refuelling service
  • Input improvement (Steam controller support, Tobii eye tracker support, controller hotplug support, better FF on Linux)
  • RAZER RGB support (colour lights)
  • New options: truck stability, suspension, dual localization names (map)
  • Lots of new drivers to hire
  • STAA doubles in traffic
  • Experimental DX11 support (config only, r_device "dx11")

MOD ALERT

• Modded trucks support (in-game function)
  • COG moved from trailer def to trailer chassis (easier edit)
  • Wipers delay+speed format
  • Removed default trailer bracers sound (now empty default)
  • Cargo model randomized (eg container)
  • Timezone areas (introduced in 1.34)
  • Transmission mode names

When the ETS2 1.35 Beta officially opens, I'll also add that changelog in another post.

As an aside, it looks like work on Washington is nearing completion.  This beta looks like it could run for a month or so, I'd expect that state to release shortly afterwards.

Uncle Sikee Atric

We're back, as ETS2 has now also entered Open Beta 1.35, so here is the complete, extensive and with working links, Changelog :

MAP

VEHICLES

• Ownable container trailers
  • Regular owned-trailer accessory browser
  • Trailer run-time adjustment (extendable trailers, sliding tandems)
  • Truck/trailer configurations can be copied across a fleet
  • Wiper setting improvements
  • Ownable logging trailers
  • Double trailers in Germany and Netherlands
  • Krone extendable Box Liner for 40ft or 2x20ft containers (Krone DLC)
  • Ownable Schwarzmüller reefer, curtain and log trailers including AI variants (Schwarzmüller DLC)

FEATURES

• Owned trailers usable in External contracts (WoTR)
  • Online garage purchase
  • Emergency refuelling service
  • Input improvements (Steam controller support, Tobii eye tracker support, controller hot-swapping support, better force-feedback on Linux)
  • Razer Chroma support (RGB)
  • New options: truck stability, suspension stiffness, dual-localisation names on the map
  • Lots of new drivers to hire
  • Cabin suspension reworked
  • Experimental DX11 support (config only, r_device "dx11")

MOD

• Modded trucks support (in-game function)
  • Center-of-gravity moved from trailer defs to trailer chassis defs (for easier modding)
  • New wiper delay+speed format
  • Removed default sound for trailer legs (now empty by default)
  • Cargo models randomized (e.g. container)
  • Timezone areas (introduced in 1.34)
  • Transmission mode names
  • Curve item (map item)
  • Mover/walker redesign
  • Traffic improvements
  • Dynamic Level-of-Detail for models

As well as all this, the next Expansion was officially announced at the weekend, and we're off to the Black Sea, with Romania, Bulgaria and the European spur of Turkey as far as Istanbul, all joining the map.  A release is planned for before the end of the year :

Here is the Steam Page (
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1056760/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2__Road_to_the_Black_Sea) and the official trailer :

Uncle Sikee Atric

The time has come again, the blog has released the details for a new expansion and the official release date :

We are excited to announce that the Washington map expansion for American Truck Simulator will be released on the 11th of June, 2019.

The features list for this state is extensive.

• 3800 miles of dense road network
  • 16 brand new cities (Vancouver, Longview, Aberdeen, Olympia, Tacoma, Seattle, Everett, Port Angeles, Bellingham, Omak, Wenatchee, Yakima, Kennewick, Grand Coulee, Spokane, Colville)
  • More than 20 landmark bridges
  • 10 original truckstops
  • Keystone-Port Townsend Ferry
  • Spokane swing bridge
  • Grand Coulee dam
  • Washington's iconic mountains (Mount St. Helens and Mt. Rainier)
  • Challenging logging cliff road
  • Dynamic speed limits and LED signs
  • New unique cargoes: aircraft engines, piggy back trucks, boat...
  • Large and realistic ports (Seattle, Tacoma, Everett)
  • Many unique junctions
  • Distinct company docks: yacht builders, vast farms, material storages...
  • Washington-specific achievements to unlock

And the trailer is also here.

(The other detail this releases is the fact that the 1.35 Beta is due to end this week, SCS wouldn't release if the required patch wasn't officially out.)

Uncle Sikee Atric

I said yesterday that the 1.35 Beta would be ending this week as SCS wouldn't release an expansion without the supporting update being fully released.  Well the rollout of the official 1.35 updates began today, with ETS2 leaving the beta phase.

The update this time is massive and rather than list the changelog again, SCS have released a full demonstration video highlighting the main changes, so here it is :

Uncle Sikee Atric

With Washington now about 24 hours from launch, ATS has also left Beta with 1.35 and the patch is official.  Once more, the changelog is nice and big, so SCS have released another vid showing it off.

Uncle Sikee Atric

Washington released last night and the map is now released :

62525958_1117381425132466_63002108785160

The Steam page is here and SCS also sneaked out an extra goodie, consisting of special loads and trailers of gear related to the NW logging industry :

This pack is available standalone, but also as a special West Coast Bundle, consisting of this pack, the base game, Oregon and Washington.  It only leaves New Mexico as the one standalone map missing.

Uncle Sikee Atric

Washington has only just been released and SCS are already beginning the teasing for the next map expansion....  Given the crop of the state and the fact that bees are present on the state flag, it's fairly safe to assume that Utah is coming to ATS, and SCS have suggested they're aiming for launch before the end of the year..

Splitting the mapping teams for ATS is really starting to pay dividends.