Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,252 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Uncle Sikee Atric

Euro & American Truck Simulators

dewtech

You can see my registration in this screenie....

00000000001716F0.jpg

I used World Of Trucks to make that plate, so it spawns that in game, but the trick for me is, it is a private UK plate, so the truck has no age linked to it's registration, while S1 KEE does look like a genuine plate.

It was an in-advertant trick I pulled.

Well, technically an S plate would be a 1998/1999 vehicle, but I get your point.

Trouble with the map mods is some are seriously low quality, and that ruins the experience.

As a vehicle gets scrapped the registration plate is removed from the vehicle and returned to the DVLA database. These are then offered as private registrations, which can then be replaced on any vehicle on the road. So your registration can be your name, business, anything....

I know the DVLA sell plates with all sorts of codes, 'MR 51 NGH' sold for thousands, but you can pick your own plate for as cheap as a few hundred. It just replaces your plate on your car.

You can see the business at http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk and that is before you start visiting the plate trading companies. That is where the plates worth mega money get traded!

Trust me, I know the market for private reg's, I got one on my car...

TheMcSame

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/01/truck-licensing-situation-update.html

Summary:

The game (ATS) will ship with just two trucks (approval clearance problems):

- Kenworth T 680

- Peterbilt 579

Kenworth W900 will appear in ATS soon courtesy of PACCAR

Peterbilt 389 will appear in ATS soon courtesy of PACCAR

All other trucks are just there for illustrative purposes and don't guarantee that they'll make it in the game. Although, given the detail on the Volvo VNL, down to the point of actual branding, I think it's safe to say that it'll make it into the game.

The Renault Range T (pictured below) will soon come to ETS 2

renault_t2.jpg

Edited by TheMcSame

Uncle Sikee Atric

It is a shame there are only two trucks on ATS's launch, but SCS have been saying for some time the liscensing has been holding them up. I think they've made the right decision to go anyway....

Volvo was always a fairly sure bet for eventual inclusion, given the support ETS2 gets. I guess we'll see them join as the next brand.

Ai®a©ob®a

Seeing as all of the things folks did with ETS2 Mods, We'll have a bunch of difference trucks well visually that is

Flachbau

I don't see why we would need more than two trucks to choose from in the beginning. You'll have to do a sh*t ton of quick jobs to even be able to afford your own + a garage. It's really not that bad.

dewtech

I don't see why we would need more than two trucks to choose from in the beginning. You'll have to do a sh*t ton of quick jobs to even be able to afford your own + a garage. It's really not that bad.

Don't forget your talking about PC gamers here. Within an hour they'll have edited themselves billions, bought everything then proceed to claim they are bored with nothing to do...

Edited by dewtech_2008

Flachbau

Don't be ignorant. Sure, trainers will obviously be made, but not within a day.. Personally I don't mind if there's two trucks to choose from.

marco6158

For ets you don't even need a trainer, a simple file editing or two steps with cheat engine will do the trick.. Same will be for ats.

Not that I use them to add me millions, but those things helped me to get my progress back after I lost my save games.

Uncle Sikee Atric

Don't forget your talking about PC gamers here. Within an hour they'll have edited themselves billions, bought everything then proceed to claim they are bored with nothing to do...

Editing save files is easy and I know everyone does it. It is not even a private issue in these games. If I was a mod tester and builder, I would have a modded save file to help with testing, since mods are so numerous and it costs about 350k for a fully converted Truck.

But since these games are about personal progression, more than anything else, if you hack your main career file, the only person you are cheating is yourself. There is really no point in doing it all.

My legit ETS2 career file is level 106 and has about 125 million in the bank. It doesn't need any more! I even have a 'MP' profile that has no depots other than home and no other trucks in my fleet. That has 2 mill and is level 36, but it only appears now if I am open beta testing, or waiting on map mods to update.

TheMcSame

Surprise, it's me bringing more updates again.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/01/launch-trailer-for-american-truck.html

Summary:

Some internet personalities to keep an eye on...

Keralis

Squirrel (Doing 24 hours worth of streaming over 3 days starting tomorrow and a Q&A session with SCS' CEO Pavel Šebor Jan 31st 7PM UTC+0 or 2PM EST)

Wujek Bohun (Polish)

Geekdomo

And of course... The trailer itself.

Edited by TheMcSame

Flachbau

Wow, nice to see Keralis is gonna be getting the game early. Been watching his Cities: Skylines stuff for a while now.. really excited to see anything at this point, though.

TheMcSame

Squirrel is streaming right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/squirrel

Just some stuff I've picked up (ongoing):

Delivery points change (jumped into the stream as he said it, not 100% sure if he was saying they change or half way through another sentence)

Basic Peterbuilt will cost ~$118k (370HP, didn't quite catch the torque number, but I think it's ~1300lb-ft)

Basic Kenworth will cost ~$122k (380HP 1350lb-ft)

No CB radio (as expected)

The AI is still the usual, truck hating AI

Floating cars confirmed (just some little bug that SCS needs to fix in places :D)

Police will request vehicle inspections (basically, you just pull into the next weighing station)

Speed cameras are done using police cars. Police cars driving by are mobile speed cameras or inspection requests. Police at the side of the road are static speed cameras.

AI turns right on reds, but it's also pretty brutal.

You don't appear to get fined for turning right on reds. :)

Some delivery points are reused from Scandinavia.

-Stopped watching stream at 1:15PM (UTC+0) if you want to pick up where I left off-

Review and guide:

Edited by TheMcSame

Flachbau

You don't appear to get fined for turning right on reds. :)

As simple as it is, this made me smile like a goof, lol. This makes sense in ATS, as in the U.S you are allowed to turn right on a red signal unless there's a sign that prohibits it.

TheMcSame

As simple as it is, this made me smile like a goof, lol. This makes sense in ATS, as in the U.S you are allowed to turn right on a red signal unless there's a sign that prohibits it.

IK, I just wasn't really expecting it to be implemented. NYC is the other way around though :p.

Anyway, Squirrel is streaming ATS again.

http://www.twitch.tv/squirrel

Uncle Sikee Atric

I might drop in later for a looksie, but I saw his review and I might wait to see the world of ATS.... What's the point of exploring if you have already seen all the streams revealing everything?

TheMcSame

Keralis' first impressions

Ai®a©ob®a

Police will request vehicle inspections (basically, you just pull into the next weighing station)

Speed cameras are done using police cars. Police cars driving by are mobile speed cameras or inspection requests. Police at the side of the road are static speed cameras.

I was hoping they would at least put in weigh stations

TheMcSame

New blog post...

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/01/hype-machine.html

For the most part, it's just videos but here's a quick summary:

Some reviews are out...
8.5/10 - Desctructoid - "A memorable game that's hard not to like and recommend to others." also "With two trucks and two included states, and another one on its way, American Truck Simulator is an investment into the series' future, but it's not a steep one and easily earns its value with what is already presented."
8/10 - PCGamer - "This is a polished, strangely enjoyable simulator that you can easily lose hours to"

8.5/10 - Gamepressure - "This is the best simulator ever"

Pavel Sebor (SCS' CEO) is doing a live interview over on Squirrel's Twitch channel at 7PM UTC+0 (2PM EST, 11AM PST)

Edited by TheMcSame

TheMcSame

The Renault Range T (pictured below) will soon come to ETS 2

I completely missed something with this post... The Renault T is in the south of France. SCS is working on a southern DLC for ETS 2.

Edited by TheMcSame

marco6158

Yes, and as Pavel said (CEO at SCS Software during Squirrel's Stream) they also plan to finish Italy, and are working on Ireland, France and plan to do some parts of Russia. Probally we'll see those by the end of 2049.

einjzmolf

Yes, and as Pavel said (CEO at SCS Software during Squirrel's Stream) they also plan to finish Italy, and are working on Ireland, France and plan to do some parts of Russia. Probally we'll see those by the end of 2049.

Nowhere in it did he confirm working on ireland or russia. Saying it's on the team's long wishlist confirms absolutely nothing.

Uncle Sikee Atric

Nowhere in it did he confirm working on ireland or russia. Saying it's on the team's long wishlist confirms absolutely nothing.

Besides, the mod mappers need space to work as well.

Promod were working on Eire, but SCS's long term plan halted them. I guess we will see something eventually, but when? Who knows....

TheMcSame

Fresh on the blog.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/02/american-truck-simulator-release.html

Summary:

Pricing (steam prices and RRP, prices may vary elsewhere)

$19.99 (USD)

£14.99

€19.99

Complete price list:

$19.99, £14.99, 19,99€, CHF 19.99, 1499 pуб., R$ 79,00, ¥ 2,299, 179,00 kr, Rp 249 999, RM84.00, P899.95, S$26.95, ฿699.00, ₩ 24,000, 59,00 TL, 459₴, Mex$ 349.99, CDN$ 28.99, A$ 28.99, NZ$ 29.99, ¥ 125, ₹ 1,249, CLP$ 14.500, S/.64.95, COL$ 62.000, R 325.00, HK$ 149.00, NT$ 649, 74.00 SR, 72.00 AED.

Reminder that the game only has official support for 64-bit operating systems.

32 bit players can play an unsupported 32bit version of the game by opting into the 'beta' on steam. They make no guarantees that they will work on it now or in the future though. They also warn that later down the line they will be unable to match the feature set with the 64-bit version of the game.

DRM:

Regardless of the version you buy, it will require Steam.

Reminder that you can pick up some bonus paint jobs by following the ATS steam page. They wont be received until next week to give early purchasers a chance to get the paint jobs after release.

Said paintjobs:

steam_punk_paintjobs.jpg

Edited by TheMcSame

Uncle Sikee Atric

Thanks for keeping us up to date man.

Sweet Bellic

I recently played ATS before I went to bed and I f*cking love this game :)

dewtech

Downloading now, I'll give it a shot on the laptop later. I've not watched much of the Video's as much as I do love Squirrel's stuff (was watching him long before he became full time) I don't want to know the whole map before I play.

E•MO•TION

My body is ready.

Lakitu

Waiting for my copy to arrive in the post. Gonna play it properly for a month and then probably make a map for it. Hell, someone should port LS+Blaine County to ATS :) would require a sh*t ton of work though to do it properly.