Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,778 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Uncle Sikee Atric

Euro & American Truck Simulators

RyanBurnsRed

I kind of wish they have State Troopers in this game so when we're on the highway instead of just "You were speeding deduct $50" they actually pull you over

I turned that off in ETS2. There are too many random times the speed limit changes and if you aren't quick enough to notice or react to the change you get ticketed. I complained about it on the Steam forums and got attacked by fanboys that claimed otherwise.

One thing I'm at least hoping in ATS is being able to turn right on red. If not I'll probably just turn off the cops again.

slimeball supreme

What's the map like in the American Edition?

ETS2 was pretty good, I heard. Never personally played it. Might try this one.

Uncle Sikee Atric

What's the map like in the American Edition?

ETS2 was pretty good, I heard. Never personally played it. Might try this one.

We don't know yet.... ATS is starting in California and expanding from there, but the scale in ETS 2 is 1:19.

It is easy to expand the ETS2 map. Right now I can travel from the Spanish Border to Moscow, simply by plugging in 2 map mods where the designers co-operate. This simplicity will translate to ATS.

dewtech

I kind of wish they have State Troopers in this game so when we're on the highway instead of just "You were speeding deduct $50" they actually pull you over

I turned that off in ETS2. There are too many random times the speed limit changes and if you aren't quick enough to notice or react to the change you get ticketed. I complained about it on the Steam forums and got attacked by fanboys that claimed otherwise.

One thing I'm at least hoping in ATS is being able to turn right on red. If not I'll probably just turn off the cops again.

Likewise, I also turned off the fatigue and ran to a more realistic driving hours set up. I got a lot of family in HGV driving and know the rules pretty well.

dewtech

Thanks to this topic, I've installed ETS2 on the laptop. Graphics not as good as the PC, But best I can do without it melting

CYijvhiW8AAXwYM.png

So far just installed the two map DLCs and Promods, a lot has changed!

Edited by dewtech_2008

Uncle Sikee Atric

Only Rusmap to put on as well, that map works with Promods and even has extra crossing points as an extra patch. Just make sure you put in Rusmap def file in the right place on the mod list, then you're set.

dewtech

I may put that on later, tbh Promods has plenty for me to go at to get started. Especially with the 2 Official DLCs.

Plus, I've tried other maps in the passed and they lack the polish that promods has which puts me off

Uncle Sikee Atric

Rusmap is very different, it is almost as polished as Promods, but it is very good at recreating the feel of Russia and Belarus. It's tatty, run-down and quite charming....

Tchuck

Really good, relaxing game. Nothing like hitting the road, driving along. Always play it when I just want to relax for a bit.

TheMcSame

Fresh on the blog

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/01/american-truck-simulator-map-dlc.html

Summary:

• Nevada will be ready for release on Feburary 3rd as a free release day DLC/update.
  • Arizona will also be a free game update for all.
  • The wording for this is a bit iffy, but it appears that there will be a collector's edition, but the extras will only be additional merchandise items. I assume that means physical collectables. There are no digital benefits to the collector's edition.
  • RRP:$20/€20 (presumably £20 for the UK) though prices will vary.
  • "Most further map expansion DLCs, if not all, will be paid"... Although they're taking a vote with your wallet stance. In other words, it sounds like they'll drop DLC support if the game isn't bringing money in.
Edited by TheMcSame

TheMcSame

Some new ATS screens

ss_23e7c765bce2f6190d0d14c9912cedd66c052

ss_58321ea2a93c2b759843ad0c1f1e2104276fa

ss_7e86cfd498b4de7163007c2003d9ad0b55fff

ss_97d3f9a133d21f46ebeb13f9222f817933837

Flachbau

$20 for base game + one free DLC pack, with the rest being paid DLC? lolwat

Edited by Android

evh5150vanhalen

Two free, Navada and then Arizona some time afterward..

Peterbilt 389 daycab in the mirror of the 579.

RyanBurnsRed

If the base game is $20 I'm all over that like flies on sh*t. I thought it would be more like $50-$40.

But hearing it's only western states for now kinda killed it for me, but if they expand the map with decent DLC packs then I'll probably pick them up on sale or something.

Gotta see how the handle the first few cities before I get ahead of myself.

Flachbau

I'm probably not gonna pick this up for a long time. I'd rather have the game after a majority of the states are released. What's their plan for releasing State DLC? 50 states is a lot, I feel like it'll easily last two or three years.

Uncle Sikee Atric

They have only said they're releasing with Cali and Nevada, with Arizona as a free update down the line....

They have not said anything regarding free or paid states after that point, and yes. The other states will take time, but then the scale is as vast as ETS2, which used content from previous games to expand what was already there. It also explains why Germany and the UK on the default map looks so simplistic.

SCS has also admitted they do not know whether to concentrate on completing the 'corridor' or fleshing out the map.... They are thinking about the modding community as well and are willing to let them work on specific states and areas while SCS work on crossing West Coast to East, so mods will be the only way to visit some zones, at least at first.

TheMcSame

They have not said anything regarding free or paid states after that point

K...

Fresh on the blog

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/01/american-truck-simulator-map-dl (accidentally deleted a bit, cba to fix it, link should still work)

• "Most further map expansion DLCs, if not all, will be paid"
Edited by TheMcSame

Uncle Sikee Atric

I stand corrected, I apologise.

TheMcSame

I'm probably not gonna pick this up for a long time. I'd rather have the game after a majority of the states are released. What's their plan for releasing State DLC? 50 states is a lot, I feel like it'll easily last two or three years.

The map is your concern? Need I mention the trucks, or the lack of trucks?

Not 100% sure if anything official has been said.. But from what I can make out so far, this seems to be the list.

Kenworth T680 (or some sort of T series truck)

Peterbilt 579 (or similar model)

Volvo VNL series truck (not sure on the specific model) Zoom in on the truck hauling the large concrete cylinders, looks a lot like a Volvo grille with the stripe going from corner to corner.

Kenworth W900

Apparently there's also another Peterbilt being worked on (probably a classic style Peterbilt), though I'm not sure if that's from an official source. Kenworth and Peterbilt also seem to be taking the spotlight in a lot of screenshots which makes me think that they're either waiting for Volvo, or they haven't done the interior for the VNL.

Edited by TheMcSame

RyanBurnsRed

Trucks aren't really an issue though...there are already tons of great American truck mods for ETS2. Some (more like most) are really really well done. I don't know if it's just a matter of porting or what but I can't really imagine a lack of any vehicles being a concern.

The map isn't really my concern to be honest. I mean like I said I'm a little disappointed it's only a few western states, still California, Nevada, and Arizona is a lot of driving.

Edited by RyanBurnsRed

dewtech

Trucks, there aren't many quite simply because there aren't many on the roads - if you watch then usually there's only 5-6 makers, and as ETS only focused on the bigger long haul cabs rather than fleshing out smaller ones (Why we don't see a DAF CF, Volvo FM or Scania P cab in ETS) It limits what there will be. The modding community will probably address that later down the line though.

On ETS2 I finally saved up enough cash and levels for the truck I wanted, great for a starting business.

ets2_00004.png

DAF XF460, twin wheeled tag. Not the fanciest but it'd be a great truck for about any work IRL. I have updated the plate to make it a little bit older though, it's supposed to be second hand after all.

Uncle Sikee Atric

You can see my registration in this screenie....

00000000001716F0.jpg

I used World Of Trucks to make that plate, so it spawns that in game, but the trick for me is, it is a private UK plate, so the truck has no age linked to it's registration, while S1 KEE does look like a genuine plate.

It was an in-advertant trick I pulled.

universetwisters

Damn, the first of the ATS series taking place in California? Reminds me too much of that flunkie Rig 'N Roll or whatever it was called.

I'm hoping they move right along with the state expansions/DLCs. I don't want to wait 3 years just for them to reach the east coast.

PhillBellic

I watched many Nerd Cubed Videos of him playing ETS.

I wonder if there ever will be an Australian Truck Simulator down the line?

Uncle Sikee Atric

I watched many Nerd Cubed Videos of him playing ETS.

I wonder if there ever will be an Australian Truck Simulator down the line?

Not known, but there is an Aussie mod project for ETS2 on the SCS forums.... It has never appealed to me personally though.

dewtech

00000000001716F0.jpg

I used World Of Trucks to make that plate, so it spawns that in game, but the trick for me is, it is a private UK plate, so the truck has no age linked to it's registration, while S1 KEE does look like a genuine plate.

Well, technically an S plate would be a 1998/1999 vehicle, but I get your point.

Trouble with the map mods is some are seriously low quality, and that ruins the experience.

TheMcSame

I'll just slide this here...

- Californian cities

San Diego
El Centro
Carlsbad
Barstow
Los Angeles
Bakersfield
Osnard
Fresno
Santa Cruz
Huron
Oakland
Oakdale
San Francisco
Stockton
San Rafael
Sacramento
Truckee
Eureka
Hornbrook
Redding

-Nevada...ian? Cities

Jackpot
Reno
Winnemucca?
Elka
Carson City
Ely
Tonopah
Piache
Las Vegas
Primm

Edited by TheMcSame

Uncle Sikee Atric

00000000001716F0.jpg

Well, technically an S plate would be a 1998/1999 vehicle, but I get your point.

Trouble with the map mods is some are seriously low quality, and that ruins the experience.

As a vehicle gets scrapped the registration plate is removed from the vehicle and returned to the DVLA database. These are then offered as private registrations, which can then be replaced on any vehicle on the road. So your registration can be your name, business, anything....

I know the DVLA sell plates with all sorts of codes, 'MR 51 NGH' sold for thousands, but you can pick your own plate for as cheap as a few hundred. It just replaces your plate on your car.

You can see the business at http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk and that is before you start visiting the plate trading companies. That is where the plates worth mega money get traded!

Edited by Sikee Atric

epoxi

I'm looking forward to this game, but I worry that a lot of the content is just re-skins of their existing game. If you look at the junctions in the video, they don't strike me as American style and if you imagine them without the scenery they are almost identical to those in ETS2.

The main thing about American roads is how different they are to European roads: very wide, 16 lanes at times, lots of 5 lane roads in residential areas etc. (i.e. 2 and 2 plus a suicide lane), and they have completely different junctions (especially on inside-city highways), these don't appear anywhere in the videos.

Even in ETS2 I was a bit disappointed in British roads, they were basically European roads with blue road signs and you drove on the left. Back then it was understandable but this is a major opportunity to make a really original game that simulates the highways in ways even games like GTA V and The Crew have failed to.

It looks like they have focused more on 'seeing the sights' of the USA as opposed to making a full on simulation of the roads.

Edited by epoxi

marco6158

Well, I can say that the Vanilla map in ETS2 sucks, and I'm one of those people that have 650+ hours on Steam with that game. But with the latest Scandinavia DLC they did a very big improvement and sceneries are stunning.

A few pic from me (SP), I'll say that I mostly use the Renault Magnum, both SP and MP.

The best map for ETS2 is Promods (that contains also Poland Rebuilding) with Rusmap even if I don't use that.

os4zd1.jpg
anot40.jpg
16hjma1.jpg
maknwm.jpg
8z4i74.jpg