Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,169 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Uncle Sikee Atric

Euro & American Truck Simulators

JediCowboy
Posted (edited)

Yesterday SCS posted a [post=http://blog.scssoft.com/2018/03/meanwhile-in-oregon.html]Blog[/post] of more Oregon this time asset which are shipyard of the docks of Portland
01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Also Squirrel posted SCS video that we been waiting for. The videos will be 3 parts tomorrow and on Sunday
You can now see a better view of their office https://roundme.com/embed/Bns3HZKzjGJEGuxZs4SZ

Edited by JediCowboy

JediCowboy
Posted (edited)

SCS video part 2 is here from Squirrel today, tomorrow is part 3.

Highlights from the video
  • Company has new offices and is hiring new people, constantly expanding

• ETS2 has / had more flexibility in map design because they started at the middle of the map. With ATS they started on the west which is somewhat limiting

• Next ATS DLC is north, then they're looking to go east (potentially connect coast to coast before expanding a lot more)

• They have multiple DLC map expansions in the works, and their art teams are going at a very good pace. Their goal that they haven't quite reached is working on 2 expansions simultaneously.

• They have dev kits for the major consoles, however they need to make a lot of engine changes (e.g. better multithreading) before they'll be able to launch

• They do not want to outsource any console ports

• They have basic support for the sort of "active simulation" hydraulic movement systems, but may be working on it more in the future

• They don't plan to move into industrial training programs because they have a big "game" playerbase

• They want World of Trucks to be a full multiplayer experience with separate online / single player profiles. Virtual trucking companies and world-wide economies too.

• They have licenses for some buses! But they haven't really figured out what they want to do with them, but so far it's likely it's going to be put into ETS2. One of the weird challenges mentioned was trying to make crowds on the buses seem realistic, and they are currently doing motion capture for it.

• They are facing challenges where the existing playerbase needs to be fed constant updates over time, so they don't want to just put all of their senior programmers doing a big feature for 6 months straight, because this would rob the games of ongoing development. This causes development of big features to be really slow.

Edited by JediCowboy

JediCowboy

Part 3 video, Behind the scenes of SCS team.

Uncle Sikee Atric

New Blog post time and it looks like the 1.31 updates for both ETS2 and ATS are aimed at upping the realism with something that's been requested for a long time....

SouthLand

This adds a more realistic touch to the game :)

Noale

I'm the opposite of realism. I gave myself a 100,000HP engine and a ghetto 7 speed gearbox. It's hilarious, until I come upon a curve on the highway and I'm going 200MPH too fast and end up rolling over and taking 100% damage.

BlackScout
Posted (edited)

I'm the opposite of realism. I gave myself a 100,000HP engine and a ghetto 7 speed gearbox. It's hilarious, until I come upon a curve on the highway and I'm going 200MPH too fast and end up rolling over and taking 100% damage.

It just becomes a problem when you're in multiplayer and someone does that.

I mean, nobody in the MP respect traffic signs or lights. Absolutely disgusting.

Or yet, your truck is not as powerful and the load is heavy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) then people behind start to blink the lights crazy as if you were unable to realize there's someone behind.

Edited by BlackScout

Noale

I never bothered with multiplayer. Mostly because any driving game with multiplayer is full of idiots.

Do mods work in multiplayer? :lol:

marco6158

No, they don't. Also if that's your driving style I wouldn't really suggest you to drive in MP

Noale

I'm not stupid enough to bring those antics online. There's other people you need to worry about.

I gave up playing any driving games online since most people just ram you.

universetwisters

I never got why the two truck sim games have a multiplayer component. It isn't like GTA or Call of Duty where you can interact with your fellow truckers or fight them, it literally goes one of two ways:

A) Ignore the other players on the road and you might as well have stayed in single player

B) Ram the other player and go against the purpose of the actual game.

Uncle Sikee Atric

Last week was the launch of the ATS Open Beta for 1.31 and today has seen the launch of the matching ETS2 Open Beta.

There's an extensive update for both games, with the missing trailer cables now connecting and animating as well as other changes, but both changelists are on the Blog.

TheMcSame
Posted (edited)

I'll save you guys a click

qM7N3J.jpg

Edited by TheMcSame

DOUGL4S1

I've been waiting for random events in ETS2 for so long! It's something I requested SCS about 2-3 years ago, so I'd like to think I'm one of the reasons they added it.

And first thing I see in a road trip is a Renault being pulled over. Serves them right for driving a bad truck!

AiraCobra

So tell me how this make any sense at all....

169f698ccdc5c058cf29a55888c6700b.png

daf7ae54c6b3d2f7dfeeedd09d873bdd.png

Yup you're not seeing things, The standalone New Mexico DLC is $9.59 by itself while the bundle is $10 for all of them so explain how that makes any sense at all? it doesn't does it?

TheMcSame

So tell me how this make any sense at all....

Yup you're not seeing things, The standalone New Mexico DLC is $9.59 by itself while the bundle is $10 for all of them so explain how that makes any sense at all? it doesn't does it?

It makes perfect sense because it's steam. One does not apply logic to steam deals.

Also;

Qi4eNA.jpg​

AiraCobra

What are some of ya'll favorite workshop mods?

​​

I see you've been bitten by the mysterious symbol bug as well

TheMcSame
Posted (edited)

Honestly, I haven't really played ATS that much. I stuck around at first, then got a bit tired of the small map, and then the MP mod population dropped massively. I'll have to come back to it at some point. As for mods though, if I'm playing either of these games, chances are I'm playing on the Truckers MP mod, so all other mods are pretty much useless to me anyway.

Edited by TheMcSame

DOUGL4S1

Not really into modding too much, but I might get into the ProMods map expansions when I get a new PC or an upgrade to my current one. All the locations seem amazing!

einjzmolf
Posted (edited)

hey

nvfLDG.jpg

this new forum thing is bullsh*t i'm over it

Edited by einjzmolf

Uncle Sikee Atric

After a period of inactivity, it's time to update this thread with a few videos....

First of all, the reason for this is that Steam is now promoting video streaming direct through the platform.  However, unlike Twitch, the service is aimed squarely at the Developers themselves.  So SCS have taken up the chance and created a streaming channel in Steam, and the first stream was a 'Q&A' with the CEO, Pavel Sebor.  He answered questions to a lot of interesting subjects and a crib sheet has been created from his stream.  The list is extensive, but notable points are :

• The next 1.32 updates will be focused on 'trailer ownership'
  • The team are already looking at the games through the end of DX9 support, it's looking like the minimum specs will rise to Windows 7 next year and the rendering engine will finally get a much needed upgrade to DX10 / 11 (Hints are it's DX11).
  • Germany will be updated in ETS2 to a new 'modern expansion pack' standard and the upgrades are free.  It will take 3 to 4 updates to complete this work and the UK will be worked on later.
  • New chassis types are coming, but not much more detail, given the fact 8x6's and 8x4's are in now, it's possible BDF's are being worked on.

There's a good analysis vid of the crib sheet with Paul (Squirrel).

During the stream, SCS showed a 'sneak peek' and now these have been released onto Youtube, so first off, here is a little look at the first part of the new Germany and the free update coming with 1.32 :

As well as this, they also showed some new content for ATS, this is a little look at Bend, in Oregon :

It's been a while, but worth the wait.

OurJud

^^ When it's a good driver, driving properly, in first-person with minimal HUD and a top-end PC running it, I find watching these videos to be extremely therapeutic.

DerangedCrackhead

The upgrade already looks fantastic, my only complain is how generic the cities still are. They still look artificial, in contrast with the more natural feel they managed to capture in the latest DLCs, and they lack the minimalist aproach seen in those latest installments. It may be the fact that it's an upgrade of the old map and not made from scratch, or it may be the lack of new prefabs, but hopefully they will eventually improve this and leave the classic grid layout behind.

In fact, that is one of the things that captivated me the most in the Italy DLC, as the cities now feel integrated with the enviroment and are no longer isolated spots on the map. They feel massive from the outside. They extent along the road for kilometers until the city center is reached and you often have to drive not just by the generic modern industrial parks of the suburbs, but through the inside of the city, where the traditional architecture and local characteristics of each place can be actually appreciated, helping the player stay in the context of the country it's in that moment in.

Now take Hamburg for example, shown in a couple of the videos released by SCS. Hamburg is a maze like inner harbor and one of the largest ports in Europe, with dozens of river beds, basins and canals, connected by roads, bridges, railroad and other infraestructure. However, the ETS map barely takes advantage of that potential and the port becomes just a distant cosmetic arrangement for yet the same generic industrial park layout seen on every other city of the map, making it barely recognizable from those other cities, when it could have a slightly more complex and characteristic layout using some of the aforementioned elements, withing the limits of the scale of the map.

On another note, SCS also released a couple additional videos on the Oregon DLC.

AiraCobra

So how are the new state DLCs?

I have played them yet so just wondering what those of you who have thought of the new routes?

Is there a lot of scenic routes for Oregon such as the tall trees they're known for? 

Any routes up the Pacific Highway from California to Oregon? If so did they do a good job with the scenery with the ocean and such?

Uncle Sikee Atric

Oregon isn't released yet, but the intentions are there for the coastal highways of 101 to be present, as well as the main I-5 artery.

The only DLC released that isn't included in the base game is New Mexico, which while impressive and scenic, is still just as barren as the rest of the desert yellow in much of the rest of the game  (Apart from the very scenic Northern US-64 section of new Mex).  But since the mapping skills of SCS continue to grow, the indications for Oregon are looking really good and the blog has had an update that demonstrates the logging and lumber industries that will be a large part of hauling in Oregon, along with plenty of screenies to back it up.

As for the actual release date, the next free content is due towards the end of the summer and the American part is going to concentrate on trailer ownership and the rebalance of the economy to suit that.  I reckon the release of Oregon should be around that point, late August / early September. 

DerangedCrackhead

It's worth to mention that after the Oregon DLC is completed the team in charged of ATS mapping will split, working in at least two states at once, increasing the rate of delivery of new map expansions. But yeah, hopefully we get a release before October.

Uncle Sikee Atric
23 minutes ago, DerangedCrackhead said:

It's worth to mention that after the Oregon DLC is completed the team in charged of ATS mapping will split, working in at least two states at once, increasing the rate of delivery of new map expansions. But yeah, hopefully we get a release before October.

I reckon it already has split, according to transcripts from Pavel's streamed Q and A session, meaning while the one team finishes Oregon, the new team is already starting the next area. (Utah is a likely candidate, to open up the area around Nevada and Arizona with numerous, connecting through routes and provide another triple-trailer state.  It's also not overly massive, like Texas, Washington and Montana will be.)

As for the current Oregon team, the live streams show they're fairly close to completion, the general layout looks mapped and nearly ready for a Beta.  Once complete, it's probable Washington State will be their next aim to complete the west coast.  Plus, SCS have connections in Washington as they work with PACCAR Washington, for engine recordings and truck spec sheets, for recreation in the game.