4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[PS4] GTA V Time Trials

doubleg213

Yes it was the same last year.

It still favours a bigger crew as it it, with your lot as an example if Fido is off his game, Banks or DavidCore can grab a place.

It was the only way I could figure of trying to balance out it being fair without penalising smaller crews and mainly as well to try and keep it so there is still competition throughout.

If I gave it on actual finishing points we may as well give up now! With DB being so quick and you having 5 or 6 regular fast people you'd be too far ahead.

To be honest it's never quite worked out exactly how I hoped it would, next year I either need to change it, or maybe scrap the Crew vs Crew side entirely. But we'll see how the remainder of the year pans out.

Yes it was the same last year.

It still favours a bigger crew as it it, with your lot as an example if Fido is off his game, Banks or DavidCore can grab a place.

It was the only way I could figure of trying to balance out it being fair without penalising smaller crews and mainly as well to try and keep it so there is still competition throughout.

If I gave it on actual finishing points we may as well give up now! With DB being so quick and you having 5 or 6 regular fast people you'd be too far ahead.

To be honest it's never quite worked out exactly how I hoped it would, next year I either need to change it, or maybe scrap the Crew vs Crew side entirely. But we'll see how the remainder of the year pans out.

Sounds fair, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting to pimp my other thread in which I have a racing event planned for next Friday.

So sign up folks* All are welcome as long as you are going to race clean as I don't like having aneurysms.

historic_gt_spring.jpg

*fido this does not mean you.

Also we have a slight issue with the current round, because the start line is glitching you may find that your first lap is way faster than the others.

I think this is simply a Creator glitch when publishing, in Creator itself the race is fine and when I run it as a proper job it is fine, however as soon as I publish the glitch occurs.

At this stage in proceedings there isn't much I can do to resolve it so unfortunately we're stuck with it.

You'll be thinking yourself lucky once you are doing loops in a Mule next week.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 3

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Don't share this with people who are quicker then me... I was happy with just me and Mafia racing. ;)

Seriously folks, Mr G will put on a good racing night, and you can be assured that clean racing will be the order of the day.

Seeing as we are spamming, I thought I would drop this in too...

pr6qKhz.png

trophyPoster.jpg

Top Gear Midweek Challenge - Trophy truck v Desert Raid

Wed 20:00 BST PS4

This weeks Top Gear Challenge will be pitting the Trophy Truck against the Desert Raid, we will go on road, off road and probably in the air too. When you sign up pledge your allegiance...

All vehicles can be fully modded, you do not have to own one as we can spawn them in on the night.

More info and new sign up list in the events thread... http://gtaforums.com/topic/840961-the-van-society-weekly-events/?p=1068455524

Edited by JuniorChubb

historic_gt_spring.jpg

*fido this does not mean you.

I'll be there :D

• Like 1

latest01.jpg

rd04.jpg

A quieter round entry wise but some more variety in the top places.

Early on I thought I had 2nd but first Lann, then Verstappen came in with some absolutely flying laps and then Batman swooped in and destroyed everyone.

BatmanZero1 takes his first ever win with Verstappen 2nd in his best ever result (I'm taking credit for that one as I am sure the competition of Race Club spurred him onto greater endeavours).

With his 3rd place Lann gets onto the podium for the first time in 2017.

Hipster Award goes to Ermac for not only picking something uncompetitive but a car I like.

table_season.jpg

FULL TABLE

• Like 1

Claim all you want. :)

Your gonna make a thing with the times too? I wanna know how much seconds I was off first. :p

Congrats guys. Incredible times at the top !

That was a surprise win for sure :) I thought you were definitely going to be under 125 as my lap wasnt as clean as it can be:

• Like 3

That was a surprise win for sure :) I thought you were definitely going to be under 125 as my lap wasnt as clean as it can be:

Nice lap! It looks as if your laps start/ends on the cp after the tunnel. Was your final finishline there as well? Edited by lann3fors

Great Lap Batman, thanks for sharing the vid... :)

• Like 1

Nice lap! It looks as if your laps start/ends on the cp after the tunnel. Was your final finishline there as well?

Thanks! yep, PC. The Finish/Start is that CP indeed. doubleg213 did a good job making sure the courses between the two platforms are identical.

Edited by BatmanZero1

Nice lap! It looks as if your laps start/ends on the cp after the tunnel. Was your final finishline there as well?

Thanks! yep, PC. The Finish/Start is that CP indeed. doubleg213 did a good job making sure the courses between the two platforms are identical.

Weird, my finish / new lap cp was at the entrance of the tunnel (PS4), but the start was the cp after the tunnel.

Weird, my finish / new lap cp was at the entrance of the tunnel (PS4), but the start was the cp after the tunnel.

Strange indeed. I didnt even think that a start and finish can be two different CPs

Also we have a slight issue with the current round, because the start line is glitching you may find that your first lap is way faster than the others.

I think this is simply a Creator glitch when publishing, in Creator itself the race is fine and when I run it as a proper job it is fine, however as soon as I publish the glitch occurs.

At this stage in proceedings there isn't much I can do to resolve it so unfortunately we're stuck with it.

• Like 1

Hey, are crew scores and round 5(aka Mule's :p) up yet?

dont-stop-the-count-2021-yardies-gfx.png

Sorry chaps.

Aftermath of the Bank Holiday weekend, loads of orders to get out and I've had some non work related stuff going on I couldn't avoid.

Friday night will be devoted to making sure you guys are sorted and have something to play with for the weekend.

Edited by doubleg213

Finally sorted.

The Mule idea just wasn't coming together so it's a little bit of a change around from what I had planned (sorry Andy).

I'll try and slot something in as a bonus round during the break between this season and next for you to mess around on.

This stage has really been the kind of thing we should solve happening once we have the split from PC as I was hoping to have most rounds finished in advance but the double creation and work this last week really hit badly time wise.

The next season we'll all be running swimmingly.

poster.jpg

map.jpg

Something a bit different car wise this time around.

At the suggestion of young Bing when I was scratching around for ideas we shall run the Blista Compact for some front wheel drive action for a change.

It's free now for most of us so you should only need your modifications for it and I'll run a Race Club event for it soon as well so it will cover your costs for modifications.

• Like 4

We are running the Blista Compact for Top Gear the week after next, even more reason to get one.

Copy cat!

Its all decided in the Regular Racers Chat G, we have time stamps to prove we are the trend setters...

• Like 1

It is indeed.

It's a bit of a compromise round, so I can get things as I want them for the Summer Season as I'm not overly pleased with things as they've been so far this year. Too many balls ups with the PC debacle at the start and then trying to get back on track vs the real world.

Edited by doubleg213

It is indeed.

It's a bit of a compromise round, so I can get things as I want them for the Summer Season as I'm not overly pleased with things as they've been so far this year. Too many balls ups with the PC debacle at the start and then trying to get back on track vs the real world.

Good stuff, looking forward to get revenge from a modest performance in the van (even if I looked good)

c4urBlQ.png

• Like 1

My fav' from last year, had to represent VANS in the van and managed to get my best finish of 7th... took me about 3,000 laps to do it though.

Can i get a link to the Round 5 track please?

I had it scrolled to the latest results and kept looking at the logo in that post wondering where the link is for round 5, and it was 1 post above where it should be. My brain stopped for a second lol. Thanks