3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[PS4] GTA V Time Trials

doubleg213

We understand GG, we will see about making some equivalent stuff for PC crowd. Thanks for all your effort and time spent for us to have fun:)

That's a shame to hear but like hook said, we appreciate you trying to keep us involved for so long! It's been a lot of fun :^:

If there's any interest I'll be more than happy to help create a PC time trial event following the end of this season :)

dock6.gif

We understand GG, we will see about making some equivalent stuff for PC crowd. Thanks for all your effort and time spent for us to have fun:)

That's a shame to hear but like hook said, we appreciate you trying to keep us involved for so long! It's been a lot of fun :^:

If there's any interest I'll be more than happy to help create a PC time trial event following the end of this season :)

In light of hookits post I actually had another idea.

Keep an eye out for a new thread.

• Like 3

Was just wondering, this is PS4 and PC now. Have you thought of maybe using a few peoples tracks who have transferred? Or some recreations like Broughy's tracks?

I've used some variations of Olympic GP before, the other tracks are too long. Anything over about 2 minutes as a maximum and people get a bit angsty about it.

There aren't that many decent tracks transferred unfortunately, or at least not many that I've found which I think are good enough to use.

What I am thinking is I'll run the two separately but mostly use other peoples tracks on PC as the NoDo PC have a huge amount of good and varied tracks, the Creator side on PC is definitely a much more utilised resource. I think it's maybe just a PC mentality thing as you expect to be able to mod and add things so Creator is embraced a bit more, certainly there are a lot less Spiral to the stars kind of nonsense on there.

Making the tracks on PC isn't the issue as such, it's making the same track on PC which is the time consumer.

If it was just for basic racing it doesn't make any difference, but on the new track for instance, if the chicane / tight section where all of the barriers is was a tiny bit more open on one version over the other suddenly you can have a second or so advantage on one platform. So they have to be exact, on the old style tracks it's not so much of an issue as it was really all just blocking apexs and lamp posts which is dead easy.

Before the start of last year when patg/gtaplayer1 was helping me check a couple of tracks to compare on PS3 versus PC I had the checkpoint on Grand Turismo R where you come out from under the bridge and turned right to go down towards Helitours in a slightly different position and it changed the angle of the corner entirely, it was worth about a second a lap before I corrected it for the first round.

We'll most likely end up with the same tracks being used on both platforms at some point but built independently and most likely with some variations in how they turn out.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 1

So a separate PC and PS4 time trials is due? I guess i can live with that. I would really miss not being able to play in the event.

I personally found the creator similar to use on PC and back then on PS3, only having a hard time on PC is with the stunt creator placement in air, it's a bit...annoying and the camera isn't very pleasant.

Edited by AndyGanteks
  • Like 3

dont-stop-the-count-2021-yardies-gfx.png

Agreed, PC has some really good tracks.

If your looking for a transferred track you could look on my socialclub. I got a 'stunt' track which is less then a minute a lap, transferred from PS4 to PC so exactly the same.

Edited by Verstappen

• 2 weeks later...

Double. Can I make a suggestion that if we are switching to separate tracks, that we add an xbox 1 section?? Happy to help with this. Could also help with making the odd round on all three formats.

Edited by steve dogg 51

If you want to do an Xbox version I'm more than fine with that.

Happy to help out if / how I can but as I don't have Xbox access I'm not likely to be a huge amount of use other than to maybe give advice.

More importantly, deadline tonight for this round. Once we've got all of the times in for this one and round 3 is up and running I'll start the PC thread, although it will be seriously rough at this stage while I identify the PC users (I know who some of you are but we maybe have a few spare). Plus I will contest both obviously as hopefully will Verstappen and Steve.

• Like 2

Last day of the Trial guys and gals...

On now doing a few laps with Maf, Cat and Trash. If you wanna join us drop me a FR (JuniorChubb).

• Like 1

I think I'll sit out the TTs till the PC one starts, especially now that I forgot to get a good lap around this track and submit it :s

• Like 1

dock6.gif

latest01.jpg

rd02.jpg

rd02map.jpg

An interesting turn of events with an completely and utterly uninspired selection of cars at the sharp end.

Fido makes it 2 out of 2 with Banketelli again finishing in 2nd spot. I returned to my slightly above average normal performance so DavidCore goes straight in to 3rd spot.

BatmanZero1 takes the Hipster Award for being the sole competitive time in a sea of Elegy RH8's.

We can but hope that at some point R* see fit to do some tweaking of the car specs so we can get some variety in occasionally.

Full results in the pdf which can be found HERE.

Results are provisional until Tomorrow evening when I will upload the Crew versus Crew. It would be going up now but I have broken the sort feature on my spreadsheet and it's not going all too well.

tables01.jpg

table_season.jpg

>>>>>>>>CLICK HERE FOR FULL TABLE<<<<<<<<

• Like 6

Also the details for Round 3 are up now.

No specifically named track this time around as it's someone elses creation on PC which I recreated ages ago on PS3.

poster.jpg

It's Compacts for this round, I'm strongly considering a Karin Dillettante penalty for Domestic Battery at this stage!

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 4

I'm strongly considering a Karin Dillettante penalty for Domestic Battery at this stage!

We could have done with that for Clash of the Crews on Saturday :lol:

Well done to the Top Dogs in this round, also to Trashbags for pipping my time.

• Like 1

After 3 weeks of non-contact Time Trials some of you might be interested in this...

bangerPoster.jpg

Top Gear Banger Racing Night

Wed 20:00 GMT PS4

This Wednesday the rules go out the window with the first Top Gear Banger Racing Night. We will be running a selection of crash and bash races on small oval tracks so you can smash your way to first place to be crowned King of the Bangers.

All jobs will be run in Muscle class so you will need a car to compete and your car must be tuned to meet the competition rules.

More details in the events thread http://gtaforums.com/topic/883015-banger-racing-night-wed-2000-gmt-ps4/

• Like 3

nice job on the results DubsyG, looking forward to trying out this new round. Started waaay too late on the last round, really loved the track though, keeping that on bookmarked.

also really liking this sunday evening deadline session lineup

UUniy6Y.jpg

Edited by Retired Mafia
  • Like 1

Crew tables up yet?

Also i'm curious, since the PS4-PC wil be separate now, how are you going to count individual and crew results from round 5 and up on the yearly basis. Will it be from 0, or will both sides start from the total amount gained in first 4 rounds?

Edited by AndyGanteks

• 3 weeks later...
hookitandbookit

I screwed up, i never realized there was another round with pc included. Just happened to check this thread now, what a bummer:((

Im still in just lost track of time and space.

No, i'd said I'll keep PC in this until the end of the season so people hadn't wasted their time on it.

Results are likely to be delayed.

I've had a pretty major stomach bug and other than to throw up I haven't been out of bed since Saturday and haven't even been able to keep water down.

rd03.jpg

The big news here is that Fido hasn't won!

Banketelli has broken stopped his 3 in a row with a sizeable victory, so big an victory I even went back to double check when I started typing this. We see a Domestic Battery one two and maximum crew points again though and I managed to scrape another podium.

With regards to my time, I don't believe it either but I did everything I can to get a time around that but couldn't get near to it without dropping a position, I even contemplated lying and changing it from 213 to something else.

Our Hipster this time around is kernalhogan for the frankly baffling decision to run the Prairie, honourable mentions to Andy and Ermac for times which are respectable for the car chosen.

The results pdf also includes the details of those who have been included for crew points and the crew points per crew for this round.

Crew vs Crew is actually up to date now finally. Although I need to work on the image as we have had 12 crews entered so far this year.

http://doublegmotorsport.com/gta/tt/2017/rd03results.pdf

First page has been updated with current Championship standings (top 10 in the image and the full results in the link) and the new round will be up asap assuming I don't start throwing up again, I've lost 2.5 kg in 3 days, which all in all hasn't been very pleasant.

Really looking forward to getting this season finished and then I can hopefully get back on track properly. We started out well with round 1 but I've not really been on top of things with the PC creation side throwing me and what not. Everything is a bit short of where it should be and it's been a bit of sh*tty start to the year.

And thank you for the get well messages from those who sent them. I'm very much looking forward to a return to normality.

Errrrm, not to be a pain but can you bumb me up to 14th position please. My time was 56.189. cheers mate

• Like 1

Aw man, just 0.008s of a top 3 finish! Still, pretty pleased with my round progress: 19th > 9th > 4th.

• Like 1

Banketelli was on fire this round ! Invincible. Well deserved win.

I didn't spent as much time on that round compared to the others. Hopefully, I'll I'll have more time for round 4 !

F*ck me, finally a top 10 spot again. Can't even remember the last time i managed that.

Jesus Christ what a time though for Bankatelli. Like... wtf. Congrats.

z8lPAOQ.jpg

New round details will be up today once I get myself pulled together.

I'm playing catch up on both Time Trials and work, yesterday was the first day I've not spent the majority of the my time in bed and managed 3 meals so that's definitely progress.

We'll be back on track before long.

Banketelli was on fire this round ! Invincible. Well deserved win.

I didn't spent as much time on that round compared to the others. Hopefully, I'll I'll have more time for round 4 !

I really had a serious wtf moment when I started typing the results post because I was convinced I'd messed up and knocked a couple of seconds off.

Looking forward to round 4 folks!

Could we get the Mule track for round 5 before the PC-PS4 happens? Would be a funny send-off. :p

Edited by AndyGanteks
  • Like 3

Download links are on page one as ever and I'll probably be back to doing a video this round as well as I got some decent clips this morning but I had some work to sort out which couldn't wait which cost me several hours.

We are also back to a track called TT2017 - Round 04, which is set non contact and the correct class etc.

poster.jpg

map.jpg

As it's been quite tight and twisty in rounds 2 and 3 and round 1 had limited room to cut corners it's time to go back to a more old fashioned era of racing. We are now at the point it appears the Sports Classics class is over it's time we gave the older batch of vehicles a send off before they become uncompetitive.

We'll have a much more open track this time, there is plenty of room to stretch the cars out and experience some higher speed cornering.

The track will strongly favour bravery when it comes to the faster lap times but the old fashioned track layout (we are going for that old fashioned road race effect this time around) means that bravery can also come at a large cost.

Keys to a good laptime will be the exit of corner 1, if you get this corner right the run down to the hairpin at number 5 will flow easily and be near effortless, get the line through corner 1 wrong and you'll suffer through the next 3.

Next up corner 14 will be very important, a good line and a lot of speed carried through here will set you up nicely for the blast up the hill to the junction at turn 16, get 14 wrong and you'll be losing time all the way up the hill.

I'd like to think the fact the run from corner 5 to 9 is really fast and that we have a really long uphill section from 14 to 16 might give the other cars a chance, but as ever I'm sure the old class favourite will end up at the front mostly and it will be Stirling territory, however if the speed differential does matter the Z-Type, Coquette Classic and Mamba may be able to spring a few surprises.

REMEMBER INFERNUS CLASSIC AND TURISMO CLASSIC ARE BANNED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Looking forward to round 4 folks!

Could we get the Mule track for round 5 before the PC-PS4 happens? Would be a funny send-off. :p

I shall take this under advisement, it should be relatively easy to get a match on between the two platforms as it will have to be fairly open to allow the Mules to work.

A jump and at least one loop may be required though.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 5

We see a Domestic Battery one two and maximum crew points again though and I managed to scrape another podium.

I did not realize until last round that the amount of crewmembers taking part does not favors the crews score. Was the rules the same last year?

This rounds track looks great, cant wait to try ity out!