2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

doubleg213

[PS4] GTA Forums Time Trials

Johnny Playert

Nice! Here we go dudes. Yo i gotta say man, you really took an effort here doubleg, with the additional info and whatnot. :^: Looking real nice.

Creme_Brulee

Just wanted to remind you guys that you shouldn't talk about your times! You keep them to yourself! You can share them with your friends as long as you both agree, but never ever make them public!

Your times are meant to be PM'd to doubleg, not posted anywhere else :)

Edited by Braulioaej

PatG

Good luck guys! Looking forward to competing with you!

E•MO•TION

I'm already anxious to compare lap times. :whistle:

Best of luck to everyone!

RossMichael

Are we allowed to do the TTs on CG as well?

I was wondering since the T20 is broken on LG and it'll be quicker on CG and taking into consideration that PC lap times will be quicker because of the 60 fps as well.

doubleg213

Can be done on any platform you like.

Supers may have a bit of an advantage with the T20 so I'd expect them to gain this round, the others it won't be so much. Although you gain speed on Pc you also have to brake more.

I did a lot of runs on last year's tracks for comparison with the other classes and it's pretty consistent between PS3 and Pc.

Gtaplayer is setting times comparable to my T20 Pc time with his Turismo on PS3 and Braulio has gone quicker than me on PS3 with his Osiris.

Edited by doubleg213

RossMichael

Sounds great!

As you may know, I don't own a copy of the game on PC but I I've seen a video on YouTube of this guy getting about 1.5s off his CG console on his PC. I'll try to look for it!

but I think it'll be down to the driver as well, whether they're used to a T20 on CG or racing on PC

EDIT: found the video!

Edited by RossMichael

PatG

^ It was tested by some guys on NoDo that lower frame rates definitely make your car slower compared to 60 fps. It has something to do with you car not being in the same place or being slower with different frame rates.

RIP us console guys when we lose out to 60 fps folk like g.

Edited by PSgtaplayer1

doubleg213

http://nodo.freeforums.net/thread/5100/causes-pc-understeer

Better explanation of what goes on with it. The posts by OhDarn and Chili are the most relevant ones.

You gain in some places and lose in others in my experience, for all you pick up speed quicker and kerb boosting has more of an effect you have to brake earlier and you can't be on the power as early because the car slides more.

It is what it is, the idea is more for this to be inclusive of everyone (expect xbox but that's only because I don't have xbox access) some instances they will gain others they won't.

RossMichael

Hmm yeah, only way to fight it is to drop the pc framerate to 30 but I don't think many people will really bother much about the differences in times because of the factors you mentioned!

Verstappen

@doubleg213, those containers in the final corner are there to stop people taking more speed onto a new lap right? It's pretty easy to go around them and start a next lap at almost full speed instead of being at top speed just after the gas station. It's not a full second but still a considerable amount.

doubleg213

Yes that was the intention of those Verstappen.

I couldn't get around them at speed, but that's probably more lack of talent on my part. I'll update and make sure it's definitely closed off.

Verstappen

Okay. My fastest lap thus far was using that so I'll remove that. :p So We are allowed to use the other two roads going into the corner? Cause I think you can take more speed into the final corner if you don't use the second to last corner, and there are no containers placed there. :p

PatG

Damnit Verstappen, quit cheating and giving others ideas lol

doubleg213

If you spot something you can exploit then feel free to do so. I try to block off as much as I can, but with the prop limit on PS3 there is only so much you can do and I try to make both tracks as identical as I can.

One the time trial is over I'll update the PC version. I've found with one of my older tracks I used the PC props and really was able to tighten it up a lot and it ended up way slower than the PS3 version as a result so I don't do that now till afterwards.

Edit: yeah as gtaplayer says, pm that stuff. I now need to edit before everyone runs off to do it! :lol:

Edit 2: Anti Verstappen measures now implemented.

Edited by doubleg213

Verstappen

I'm just keeping it transparent.

doubleg213

It's something I normally do because it was always a method I used to use on Gran Turismo time trials in the past.

Then we had a round last year where I missed it off.

I think I was the only person in the crew who didn't notice it and didn't take advantage of it.

FrikkenZz

I have a question. You say that only the fastes "single lap" is counted. Does that mean I can do a 3 lap race? Since I have speed from the start my second and third lap should be quicker (no crashes included). I just want to confirm that it is allowed.

doubleg213

You can do as many laps as you want but only the fastest will count so yes, it's fine that you will carry speed from the previous lap into the start of the next.

Edited by doubleg213

Verstappen

Ah, right. Maybe add V1.1 or TT1 to title of the edited circuit and only count lap time submissions if they have that in the picture. The fastest lap screen also includes circuit name.

Edited by Verstappen

Retired Mafia

I have a question. You say that only the fastes "single lap" is counted. Does that mean I can do a 3 lap race? Since I have speed from the start my second and third lap should be quicker (no crashes included). I just want to confirm that it is allowed.

you can do 1, or 2, ir a hunderd. just how many you want to do. that's why everbybody has 3 weeks to do this. GTA Races also show your fastest lap after the race. when you think you've set a fast lap time you take a pic of your screen (or screenshot) and PM it to DoubleG. when you improve your time later on by setting a faster lap time you can just take a picture of it and send it in again :)

doubleg213

Play count is still very low on both Verstappen, I think we'll be fine. I've got 10 lap times sent in already so maybe a bit late to force the change on people.

Also as Mafia says, having some times in early is a good thing. It means less chance of forgetting later and it also makes life a lot easier for me as I can have results pretty much ready to go and then just keep updating as updated laps come in.

Typically once it gets a week in I've stopped running laps myself as I'm always working on crew events and getting the next round ready so seldom have as much time as others to spend on the Time Trials.

I think half of my crew has spent more time on my tracks than I have.

Gouveia

Gonna prolly only post times by night (aka in 10+ hours), but I'll sure give a lot of lap times on this.

PatG

Gonna prolly only post times by night (aka in 10+ hours), but I'll sure give a lot of lap times on this.

There's still like 3 weeks left so you have plenty of time to run the track and get really good lap times.

doubleg213

Wow, 11 times in so far across 3 crews already!

At this stage the Osiris seems to be the weapon of choice mostly, but I expect we'll see an avalanche of T20s at some point.

Edited by doubleg213

dewtech

So just to clear things up a bit.

Does it have to be normal/GTA race - I noticed the boosts weren't on track so not sure if that makes a difference.

Also, is there now a new version after Verstappen pointed it out? I honestly can't work out what difference it makes and it was the same for everyone so I don't see the issue

doubleg213

Don't worry about the revision. It was purely to stop people driving up the road instead of finishing the lap, if people ran up the road it would have let them cross the starting line for the lap and gain a bit of extra speed at the beginning. Link etc. is the same, I've just added some props so it's not possible to do that. It doesn't affect the racing lines anywhere on the track.

You can run it as any type you want. The race has no boosts on it, just some spanners at the petrol station, purely so if I run it on a crew event as an Endurance race we would have a pit stop facility. It's quite common in some of the racing crews to do this.

Edited by doubleg213

Verstappen

Yup, NoDo do it all the time for their endurance tracks as well.

doubleg213

I started doing it from when I joined the PC side of NoDo as it was on so many of the tracks.

Verstappen

Ah, right. I see your other socialclub is in NoDo PC.