4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

3Doomer

[V|REL] GIMS Evo for GTA V

Assasinge
Posted (edited)

I’ve been having this problem for over a month or two now and no one has been able to help me. I attempted to export a rig I did for GTA 4 and keep running into this error:

unknown.png

Something about no map function? I don’t know what this means, can anyone help?

Edited by Assasinge

3Doomer

That means GIMS for GTA IV has some bugs and can't export some stuff.

Unfortunately, IDK who can/will fix them for you...

Also, this is not a thread about GIMS IV.

Assasinge

That means GIMS for GTA IV has some bugs and can't export some stuff.

Unfortunately, IDK who can/will fix them for you...

Also, this is not a thread about GIMS IV.

Oh damn, sorry. Misread the title as IV for some reason. Thanks for the help I guess.

While I’m here, are there any video tutorials you could point me to for rigging a model for GTA V in 3DX Max? I cant find any, just written tutorials or Zmodeler videos.

3Doomer

I don't know if there are any tutorials :D

AeonRog

3Doomer, gims evo have a problem with face bones after export ped model (gta5) If i doing rig face bones and export to gta 5 mesh then you will see the following...

1_pBOPc9oqM.jpg

3Doomer

I know, that isn't fixed yet. Dunno when it will be...

MrVicho13

How i can set all materials of models to normal_spec_cutout or any other?

3Doomer

You can do that for one mesh, and then copy its material to all others using 3D MAX material editor.

MrVicho13
Posted (edited)

You can do that for one mesh, and then copy its material to all others using 3D MAX material editor.

I don't know how to do that.

Edited by MrVicho13

Ugur Productıonn
On 5/19/2018 at 10:24 PM, 3Doomer said:

MODEL import he doesnt 

Spoonx

How can i add LOD's to my model. Do the LOD's work? There's an option in GIMS which has range from 0-9999, no idea what is it.

As far as i know, LOD's have different model sets optimized by reducing the number of poly counts. 

i've optimized my model  for L1,L2,L3,  and L0, is the high detailed one, how can i implement in the game using gims.

Headshots_Ops

You have to do it manually, gims doesnt have features regarding ymap or ytyp.

dekurwinator
Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2018 at 2:38 PM, Spoonx said:

How can i add LOD's to my model. Do the LOD's work? There's an option in GIMS which has range from 0-9999, no idea what is it.

As far as i know, LOD's have different model sets optimized by reducing the number of poly counts. 

i've optimized my model  for L1,L2,L3,  and L0, is the high detailed one, how can i implement in the game using gims.

Heres simple example how to set values for embedded LODs https://youtu.be/10p_NGKSX1E If your L0 is more detailed then set it as high, L1 as medium L2 as Low and L3 as Very Low

Edited by dekurwinator
paste link

Spoonx
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, dekurwinator said:

Heres simple example how to set values for embedded LODs https://youtu.be/10p_NGKSX1E If your L0 is more detailed then set it as high, L1 as medium L2 as Low and L3 as Very Low

Amazing! Thanks @dekurwinator. That's what i was looking for.

Nice tutorial.

I can start working with ymap after this..😀

Edited by Spoonx

Ugur Productıonn
Posted (edited)
https://i.hizliresim.com/8z9z17.jpg

There's been a mistake since I imported the model.Receiving the messagehttps://i.hizliresim.com/8z9z17.jpg

Edited by Ugur Productıonn

Ugur Productıonn
Just now, Spoonx said:

Amazing! Thanks @dekurwinator. That's what i was looking for.

Nice tutorial.

I can start working with ymap after this..😀

There's been a mistake since I imported the model.Receiving the messagehttps://i.hizliresim.com/8z9z17.jpg

Spoonx
12 hours ago, Ugur Productıonn said:

There's been a mistake since I imported the model.Receiving the messagehttps://i.hizliresim./8z9z17.jpg

Check your model if its corrupted Or reinstall gims. idk, never had this problem

Etuldan

I'm trying to modify a collision file (obn).

I converted a box into a Editable Poly, and now, when I try to export it back to obn, I got :

"Object "[...]" with type Editable_Poly isn't allowed in current hierarchy, and won't be exported.
May be, you've forgot to add or remove some modifiers?" (and the box isn't exported)

I tried to add "Collisions/Mesh : Modifier" in my Editable Poly with the GIMSE/Create object menu, still same issue. (in the error message, instead of type Editable_Poly, it's Editable_mesh)

How can I have this box converted to poly exportable ?

Etuldan
On 6/8/2018 at 9:04 PM, Etuldan said:

I'm trying to modify a collision file (obn).

I converted a box into a Editable Poly, and now, when I try to export it back to obn, I got :

"Object "[...]" with type Editable_Poly isn't allowed in current hierarchy, and won't be exported.
May be, you've forgot to add or remove some modifiers?" (and the box isn't exported)

I tried to add "Collisions/Mesh : Modifier" in my Editable Poly with the GIMSE/Create object menu, still same issue. (in the error message, instead of type Editable_Poly, it's Editable_mesh)

How can I have this box converted to poly exportable ?

Problem solved:

I had to unlink , put in the root hierarchy my box-converted-to-Poly/Mesh, and add with the GIMS window a new collision/mesh-attribute to my Poly/Mesh, then finally set the correct flags.

MrGTAmodsgerman

@3Doomer Hey,

Do you know how custom water objects work? There is a dynamic water created by the water.xml, and the other type is a prop which act with map collision. But somehow my water col object doesn't make the water diveable, i can't swim in it. I only can produce water splaces by flying with a air plane for example over it.

I checked a vanilla collision object, but i can't see what is wrong. I copied all the modifier settings. And idk how GTA 5 caculates the depth of water. Its crazy.

Other question:

Can u put the glowing map objects fix into ur FAQ? I can't remember what exactly i need to do. And the search bar search everywhere, not only this topic :(

Ginnity

when i try to export it says "nothing found to export".

what's the problem and how do i fix it?

Lotaro1
Posted (edited)

Hi, I'm a 3DS noob, when I import a PED, this happens with all the overlapped outfits, hairs, torso, uppers, lowers. Is there a way from OPEN IV to select only the parts that I need?

Edited by Lotaro1

moo9
Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2018 at 10:24 PM, 3Doomer said:

Edited by moo9

spike10164

Hey 3Doomer, has there been any news on getting cloth physics into 3DS Max? ZModeler has had it for a few months, I'm not familiar with ZModeler and I don't want to use it.

GTA BELGIUM
On 6/21/2018 at 8:24 PM, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

@3Doomer Hey,

Do you know how custom water objects work? There is a dynamic water created by the water.xml, and the other type is a prop which act with map collision. But somehow my water col object doesn't make the water diveable, i can't swim in it. I only can produce water splaces by flying with a air plane for example over it.

I checked a vanilla collision object, but i can't see what is wrong. I copied all the modifier settings. And idk how GTA 5 caculates the depth of water. Its crazy.

Other question:

Can u put the glowing map objects fix into ur FAQ? I can't remember what exactly i need to do. And the search bar search everywhere, not only this topic :(

Hi, for glowing map objects fix: Apply a vertexPaint modifier and paint all pink (full red + full blue + no green) in the Vertex Color channel. That will make objects not light up at night.
Also I have a question for you: Apparently you know how to do a chrome material for GTA 5. You said when you only have a specular map. I assume that specular map must be full white? And, what shader did you use to get chrome material? 

MrGTAmodsgerman
On 8/14/2018 at 2:21 PM, GTA BELGIUM said:

Hi, for glowing map objects fix: Apply a vertexPaint modifier and paint all pink (full red + full blue + no green) in the Vertex Color channel. That will make objects not light up at night.
Also I have a question for you: Apparently you know how to do a chrome material for GTA 5. You said when you only have a specular map. I assume that specular map must be full white? And, what shader did you use to get chrome material? 

Thx, i its some time ago and i found it out by myself ;)

But according to your question: It depends on what your trying to do and what shader you use. Can you tell me what are you referencing from me? Maybe i talked about vehicle mod creating. And chrome on vehicles are different to make then on map mods

GTA BELGIUM
29 minutes ago, MrGTAmodsgerman said:

Thx, i its some time ago and i found it out by myself ;)

But according to your question: It depends on what your trying to do and what shader you use. Can you tell me what are you referencing from me? Maybe i talked about vehicle mod creating. And chrome on vehicles are different to make then on map mods

Okay, good you found out! 
Well I'm talking about this post from you on ZModeler Forum: 

8Ky6vKY.jpg

And what I'm trying to do is make my Brussels Atomium mod more realistic. The real building has a kinda chrome looking material:

dhAcLZB.jpg

Thanks for you reply! 

MrGTAmodsgerman
16 minutes ago, GTA BELGIUM said:

Okay, good you found out! 
Well I'm talking about this post from you on ZModeler Forum: 

8Ky6vKY.jpg

And what I'm trying to do is make my Brussels Atomium mod more realistic. The real building has a kinda chrome looking material:
Thanks for you reply! 

HAHAHA damn thats long time ago. At this time i wasn't really knowing much about GTA 5 modding. And at that time it wasn't possible to import or export vehicle models. So i experimented with it.

But the shaders on vehicles are different to map shaders.

Take a look at a mirror prop object or something and apply this material onto your model. But yes, the specular map brightness sets the amount of intensity in chrome.

Full white texture means full chrome! But on map models, it also important to have a full white R vertex channel paint. If i remember right it was channel R.

But you can pick the colors of vertex in each channel from a mirror prop object which is basically chrome. Props don't support real time reflection. So it only shows the LOD world of the map like on vehicles.

Yoha

Hi 3Doomer,

First, thank you for creat gims, this is great tool! :)

Here I got a problem of collision file.

For example, "stt_prop_stunt_tube_end.ydr".

I export it as .odr by openiv, and import it into 3dsmax by gims.

In the scene, I can see many collision boxes surround the circle.

And then, I export this object out with no modify.

Then, import new .odr into game by openiv.

In the game, strange thing happens, collision is not working...... :(

Back to 3dsmax, I check the setting of those collision boxes, it seems nothing is wrong.

I even try to mark all flags in "Flags 2", and change the material from "special -> temp 1" to "metals -> metal_solid_road_surface".

Still, collision not work in game.

Then, I tried other type of collision: plane, sphere, capsule, cylinder. mark flags and set materials as other collision.

In game, none of them are work...... :(

And at last, I use a model and add mesh:collision to it. This model collision can work in the game.

One thing is I also import this original ydr into zm3, and export it.

The collision files can work in the game.

So, What're things I need to do to fix this problem in 3dsmax?

Thanks~~~~

Here are some screenshots of my problem:

1_zpsgtwv8wa8.jpg4_zpsz3itwgod.jpg3_zpsohcvpeg2.jpg2_zpshvbhac9p.jpg5_zpsiy3nyahq.jpg6_zpswpepvase.jpg7_zpstpx80uxh.jpg

Rarefacer
Posted (edited)
On 8/18/2018 at 10:31 PM, Yoha said:

One thing is I also import this original ydr into zm3, and export it.

The collision files can work in the game.

So, What're things I need to do to fix this problem in 3dsmax?

Check collision models, if they are triangled, the flags not will to work and you need to redo the collision process. Also, sometimes GIMS import collision models as triangled models and with broken vertexes, that disable the collision in game, you need to weld all and mark in the Mesh modifier flag: Geometry and not BVH (this one only works with not triangled meshes and without broken vertexes), but probably you'll need to edit the metadata map/prop file, for that is better if you do corrections to delete triangled state in the collision model and weld every vertex to keep using current imported flags .

Edited by Rarefacer