Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,052 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

RedDagger

Zootopia

RedDagger

Teaser trailer:

Sloth trailer:

Trailer #2 (warning, one of those "show everything, including the entire plot" trailers, if you liked the first two it's best you don't watch this one...damn it disney)

Releasing March 2016, Zootopia will be the next animated Disney film, featuring an anthropomorphic mammalian universe instead of humans (oh man that's new) as a heavy focus. The story is an "action buddy comedy noir adventure" following two main characters: a rabbit police officer, Judy Hopps (voiced by Ginnifer Goodwin), and a fox scam-artist, Nick Wilde (voiced by Jason Bateman).

The trailers make it seem like this'll be a pretty good movie, although trailer 2 is definitely a lot more on the mushy "hey kids here's some life advice" side, but the humour is looking great so far; simple cute humour for the kids (yes and everyone else), and a helluva lot of satire on modern life. This'll probably be the anthro movie for some time imo, though I'm sure a lot of people will still have the likes of the lion king and robin hood forever in their hearts or something mushy like that.

Poster:

tumblr_nz5p424wcK1tdtf4ro1_1280.jpg

Large

so yeah get hyped for that new disney film

I give it 10 posts before someone mentions furries

Edited by RedDagger

69_black_69

I'll always have a soft spot for animation. Enjoyed the hell out of everything i've watched so far.

Already watched the trailer, and the comedy seems right up my alley. Definitely going to watch this.

Sloth trailer is all you need to be convinced.

Chewie

This looks pretty good. I saw this on Youtube a while back and it looks pretty funny. I also saw the trailer in before I watched Star Wars.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I'm not really into animated movies anymore, but from what I saw this actually looks pretty funny. There was some scene where the DMV is run entirely by sloths and it had me laughing up a storm. I'll definitely give it a rent when it comes out on DVD. I really wish I could see it in theaters, but I work there so co-workers would probably give me sh*t about it.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

Flachbau

Haha, I saw a TV ad for the Sloth trailer tonight while watching some New Year's Eve celebration thing. Seems pretty interesting. I love animated movies, and this reminded me a lot of Madagascar mixed together with some Pixar type of feel to it.

Edited by Android

RedDagger

Another show everything trailer, but hey it's a new trailer so...

Also it's worth noting that the movie is called "Zootropolis" in Europe, and this is the UK trailer

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I just came back from a mid-day showing of this and I really enjoyed it. It delves into some real world social topics like racial discrimination, but not in a heavy-handed way.

Arachne

I liked the movie. I had no problem watching it even though it was "kinda" marketed towards furries (I don't hate them all, since some of them are not brain-dead). The movie also shares a message about some serious social topics, such as sterotypes,which are all perfect handled. The movie is well animated and designed too, probaly because the big D made it along with some other classics. The Judy character is amazing too, it's one of those female characters that aren't sh*tty "purpley" princesses who can't do sh*t.

Overall, pretty good movie. you should go watch it.

Edited by Arachne

RedDagger

Finally able to watch it, can't really add anything to what's already been said - it's definitely worth a watch.

Also, the trailers revealed far less than I though they did, though obviously still woulda been better to not watch them.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I highly recommend giving this making-of documentary by Fusion a watch. It's really inspiring to see just how much love and hard work went into this film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI

Richard Power Colt

I feel like this movie is even better for adults than kids, because of the kinds of themes it has. A lot of kids also wouldn't get the Breaking Bad or the Godfather reference.

Edited by Nutsack McQueen

RedDagger

Zootopia has ticked over to grossing 10-digits (that's $1b for the less maths inclined).

In other news, the home release (in America, at least) is in two days. Not sure about the rest of the world, but it's releasing July 25th here in the UK...

Queen

I just watched this movie today. I've got to say it was pretty damn good. It's easily the greatest Disney move since...jesus...I'm not sure I ever liked a Disney movie this much before. :)

UshaB

This was a really great movie. I liked all the themes they touched on and they done it well. :^:

Blue

I just watched this movie today. I've got to say it was pretty damn good. It's easily the greatest Disney move since...jesus...I'm not sure I ever liked a Disney movie this much before. :)

Makes you and me both. :)

Edited by Mariø

blitz

I'm sorry but this movie is f*cking brilliant. I felt like I was high throughout the entire movie but jesus christ it was fantastic.

Blue

I'm sorry but this movie is f*cking brilliant. I felt like I was high throughout the entire movie but jesus christ it was fantastic.

I know, amiga.

The Deadite

GTA-Biker

Sorry to post in an old thread,but I watched Zootopia a few days ago (when it comes to animated movies,I prefer to wait til they get released on DVD or are shown on TV rather than watching them in the theater,since there's probably lots of kids in the theater who would make noise and interrupt the movie),and I liked the movie a lot.The story was interesting,the main characters are well written and likeable,and there were lots of funny scenes.Are there any news about a possible sequel?

RedDagger

Are there any news about a possible sequel?

Nothing yet, there's a lot of clickbait out there that makes it seem like there is but that's just, well, clickbait.