2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Anyone else plan on rubberbanding controller ?

rockstarfanboy1987

rockstarfanboy1987

I plan to rubberband my controller to get the snow in Los Santos as long as possible.

I wont join any mission, I wont join friends, I will be alone for a very long time but I don't care.

I will go into invite only and stay there for days, maybe weeks as long as my wi fi connection and console are working properly.

Anyone else with me on this one?

Edited by rockstarfanboy1987

If you are on PS4, just put the system in Rest Mode while you are Online. When you get back on the snow will still be there. Even if you switch sessions. No need to rubber band.

I had snow the first time long after it disappeared for everyone else. Other peeps in my session couldnt see it, and their cars drove normally, but my car was still slidey and kicking up snow. Couldnt throw snowballs though.

You'd just be kicked off when the next DLC comes.

Pretty sure he would be tired of it by then lol

• Like 3

Doesn't the snow just appear/disappear whenever? Not just when you switch sessions? It popped up in the middle of me driving but I'm not sure about it going away the same... I bet it will.

Edited by Dalamo
  • Like 1

Doesn't the snow just appear/disappear whenever? Not just when you switch sessions? It popped up in the middle of me driving but I'm not sure about it going away the same... I bet it will.

No, it only disappears when you turn your game off. It doesnt just automatically disapear.

apparently it's supposed to, but it does not work for everyone. I logged on to GTA Online last night after they turned the snow on and to go back to story mode and then back to online for it to work. I ended up in a session with a couple of friends and at first they thought I was a modder when they saw my character bend over to pickup/make snowballs because the game never swapped over to snow for them, so while I was seeing the snow on my screen, they were seeing the regular stuff. Once they went back to story mode and came back to online it was snowing for them.

I see someone saw the yahoo article about a player leaving his Nintendo system on for 20yrs to save a game...I guess you don't realize you can lose connection at anytime when online...good luck with that.

VanessaMagick

I'm obsessed with snow, I absolutely love it and I'd definitely be the kind of person to do this because of how much I love it, but that's pretty costly as far as internet and power goes. Not to mention I'd never last more than a couple hours before I get disconnected.

Smooth Longsack

Won't work on xb1. The stick needs to be physically moved once every 15 mins. The game will still time out with rubber bands on the sticks.

I plan to rubberband my controller to get the snow in Los Santos as long as possible.

I wont join any mission, I wont join friends, I will be alone for a very long time but I don't care.

I will go into invite only and stay there for days, maybe weeks as long as my wi fi connection and console are working properly.

Anyone else with me on this one?

No, rubber bands are for pussies. I am going to use super glue and a propane torch.......even though I don't really want the snow to stay.

SkynetOnlineID

If you are on PS4, just put the system in Rest Mode while you are Online. When you get back on the snow will still be there. Even if you switch sessions. No need to rubber band.

I had snow the first time long after it disappeared for everyone else. Other peeps in my session couldnt see it, and their cars drove normally, but my car was still slidey and kicking up snow. Couldnt throw snowballs though.

For me I can never start up my PS4 again from Rest Mode if it's been on it for hours. I know a lot of other people experience the same issue.

whywontyoulisten

How does rest mode help? I haven't looked into settings, but right now it's as good as a full shut down, albeit with controller charging.

FrugalDangerMan

I'm obsessed with snow, I absolutely love it and I'd definitely be the kind of person to do this because of how much I love it, but that's pretty costly as far as internet and power goes. Not to mention I'd never last more than a couple hours before I get disconnected.

Time for math:

A PS4 runs at about 137watts draw while gaming. Game for an hour and you are using 137w/h.

137 x 24 = 3,288 ÷ 1000 = 3.288Kw/h

1Kw/h (1000w/h) in the US averages at 12cents.

3.288 x .12 = $0.40/day

Far and away, bandwith will be more expensive.

Killzone: Shadow Fall is reported to consume 194.52MB/h based on unverrified testing in uncontrolled conditions.

GTAonline used about 100MB/h on last gen and i can only assume uses more on current gen. Lets say 175MB/h

175 x 24 = 4,200MB (4.2GB/day)

The cost of 1GB of bandwidth depends on where you are and what plan your on. Too many variables to calculate with reasonable accuracy.

But for the sake of argument its about 126GB/month

My plan in canada gives me 300gb for about $120 us.

120 ÷ 30 = $4/day

300 ÷ 30 = 10

10GB = $4 -> 1GB = $0.40

4.2 × .40 = $1.68/d for bandwidth

$1.68 + .40 = $2.08/d assuming the game is online 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

• Like 2

Time for math:

A PS4 runs at about 137watts draw while gaming. Game for an hour and you are using 137w/h.

137 x 24 = 3,288 ÷ 1000 = 3.288Kw/h

1Kw/h (1000w/h) in the US averages at 12cents.

3.288 x .12 = $0.40/day

Far and away, bandwith will be more expensive.

Killzone: Shadow Fall is reported to consume 194.52MB/h based on unverrified testing in uncontrolled conditions.

GTAonline used about 100MB/h on last gen and i can only assume uses more on current gen. Lets say 175MB/h

175 x 24 = 4,200MB (4.2GB/day)

The cost of 1GB of bandwidth depends on where you are and what plan your on. Too many variables to calculate with reasonable accuracy.

But for the sake of argument its about 126GB/month

My plan in canada gives me 300gb for about $120 us.

120 ÷ 30 = $4/day

300 ÷ 30 = 10

10GB = $4 -> 1GB = $0.40

4.2 × .40 = $1.68/d for bandwidth

$1.68 + .40 = $2.08/d assuming the game is online 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

You are going to be my secretary when I become governor.

Edited by Jock Cranley
  • Like 3

how about your organise a server and get a load of friends on your list from the forum and join the server and get people from other time zones so it is 24/7 server, would this work?

SaltyGTAFMember

this

when it rains it's in every session or nightfall