3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

TheDamnTrainCJ

Lance is hilarious

TheDamnTrainCJ

I don't know why a lot of people keep hating Lance. I just replayed GTA VCS and realizied how freaking funny he is. Every cutscene with him made me laugh and im not talking about his funny voice. It just seems like he tries everything in his power to make Vics life as hard as possible and this is exactly why he is so hilarious. Everytime he tries to make some money, it ends up in a huge disaster. His facial expressions when he find out that his mom stole the cocke or the Mendez Cartell started an attack on their empires cracks me up everytime. I think Lance is probably the funniest GTA character ever, but i feel quite sorry for Vic though :D

PhillBellic

Lance was a complete fu*k head. If he hadn't been in VC, I'm sure Vic would have been much more successful.

Lethal Vaccine

Every Mission to do with Lance in VCS are some of the worst ones. Not because they are actually difficult, but because Lance is a curse. I don't know why, but I've failed the Lance Missions quite a few times due to silly physics. For instance, in White Lies when I use the Vortex to pick up all the Cocaine that RETARD LANCE has dropped when I go over this one grassy hill and back into the Ocean, the Vortex sometimes flips upside down and traps Vic, thus removing his Health and wasting him. I've had this happen like 9 times in the same spot for no apparent reason. Then randomly, it'll just work. I've also had Lance drive in front of me numerous times during Light My Pyre while I was doing a Drive-By on the enemy Sentinel XS's and the list continues. The Lance Missions are one of the reasons I don't like VCS too much. Jive Drive sucks ass, too, and all those Blitzkrieg Missions where you need to protect Lance. He's just an idiot in this game.

zmudziak32

He was stupid in VC, he was idiot in VCS :v! I wonder if Only Victor was in Vice City, then would be much easier job for Victor and Tommy.

Platybus

To me, Lance was a wonderful deutetagonist. Ever since the moment he is introduced, he's hilarious and troublesome, but also ambitious... He's perfectly written.

xXxK4MIK4ZExXx

Lance was a great character in my opinion. I like him as much as I did in Vice City (before he betrayed you of course.) I think its one of the main reasons I enjoyed VCS so much. He was hilarious, stupid, but also loveable. I kind of wish he was the protagonist instead, although too much of him would probably ware off his character a little.

Don Peyote

He was stupid in VC, he was idiot in VCS :v! I wonder if Only Victor was in Vice City, then would be much easier job for Victor and Tommy.

If lance wasn't there vic would still be alive.

LittleWeasel

Lance was such a funny ass character for me, lol. Yeah, probably his missions are somewhat idiotic, but his mood worths it.

Zello

OH, SHIIIIIIIIIIT!

I'm just too pretty to die, ha ha ha! Woo!

After getting pissed at Lance's betrayal in VC in VCS he's different you end up loving his character

Edited by Zello

Fooking Rekt

This is the Lance Vance Dance!

Lethal Vaccine

Every Lance Mission in VCS are the "Worst Of" for VCS Story Missions, imo...

Fooking Rekt

I'll see if that is true if VCS gets ported to Mobile :p

Melancholia

Lance got tiring. He could be funny at times, but I got sick of his drug habits and getting us into trouble. I much preferred Lance Vance as the suave yet insecure character he was in the original Vice City.

But yes, the Lance Vance Dance was potentially the greatest cut scene in GTA history.

Lethal Vaccine

Turn On, Tune In, Bug Out is a crazy Lance Mission. 5 star wanted level with insane FBI Roadblocks and only way to pass Mission is by finding 5 Police Bribes or entering a Pay and Spray. To find 5 Police Bribes is nearly impossible if you're not in a Helicopter as if you're driving, the FBI will annihilate you and the Vehicle within seconds. Probably just as bad as the Army in GTA III...Luckily, you can do the 30 Empire Sites before this Mission which grants you infinite BP/PP Vehicles and you can use one for the Mission if you want or at least to get to a Pay and Spray.

White Lies...Can't believe how many times my game liked to flip the Vortex I was driving to pick up the Retard's Cocaine when I was going from land back into the Ocean. Somehow I would flip the Vortex head over heels and land upside in the water. Mission Failed + Wasted since I was dying underneath the water and the Vortex wouldn't flip upright. SIMPLE Mission, but since it's from Lance, it has the element of being tedious and surely going down in history as a stupid Mission brought to you once again by retard Lance...

Lost and Found...During this Mission when you need to rescue the Retard on the burning building with an Air Ambulance (Helicopter) and then take out the Boats while Lance hangs off the side of the Helicopter shooting. He sucks at aiming and sometimes the goons on the Boats destroy the Helicopter since Lance at times can take forever to blow the Boats up. You can barely fly the Maverick and if it's raining, it's even worse to control. Rain can seriously f*ck you over in VCS. It never really mattered in other GTA's, but in VCS it's so bad. Air Rescue is like this, too. Level 15 of Air Rescue takes like 55-70 minutes to complete due to the Helicopter can't fly and goes so f*cking slow. If it rains, you could damage the Helicopter when it drifts into a building when trying to lift a patient into the Helicopter's net...

Light My Pyre...Simple Mission....If it wasn't for the Retard once more. You go to shoot the enemy Black Sentinel XS's and the Retard drives in front of you. Mission Failed! Lance died......Absolutely pathetic and I can't count how many times that happened to me with idiot Lance dying. Every Mission he is in with VCS, something always goes wrong. Like, you'll be shooting a bunch of people during a Blitzkrieg Mission. Meanwhile, the Retard will walk in front of your M249 Bullet Spray and be killed in the crossfire. Mission Failed! Lance Died.

Seriously, I can continue, too. I can't stand VCS. It's my least favorite of the 5 3D Era GTA's and a lot of the hate stems from idiot Lance in this game. Not only that, but there is WAY TOO MANY Side Missions that drag the game on way too long. Level 12 for the R3 Missions were bad enough in III, VC, SA, and LCS, but for VCS, just to prolong the game for no real reason at all, they make it Level 15. They add in sh*t like Air Rescue, Fire Copter, Vice Sights, Beach Patrol, if the usual Taxi Fares, Vigilante, Firefighter, and Paramedic weren't enough to begin with. 49.20% game completion can be achieved right after the first Story Mission in the game, Soldier, however there is still TONS more Side Missions in which you CAN'T do in the beginning and must wait until after the Mission "From Zero to Here," which unlocks the East Island.

But yeah, Lance is the opposite of the Title of this Thread. He's one of the big reasons I hate VCS and most of the Missions in it...

VCS as a whole is a roller coaster ride. It has many ups and downs and a lot of meandering turns on the way to 100%. It's not consistent. The only thing that I can say is consistent is the Radio. It's awesome, just like VC's Radio...Playing VCS and listening to the Radio is always great, but playing to 100% needs to be done in strides. I already did VCS to 100% 6 total times since I re-did 3 of my old Saves all over again, thus 6 total playthroughs even though I have 3 saves. I doubt I will do VCS again to 100% for 4th Save File unless some awesome Special Vehicles are found or something...

Edited by MetalMilitia89

Fooking Rekt

I can't imagine 5 stars being difficult.

In III Cops are a joke.

In VC 4 stars is the most difficult level, but still a joke.

In SA 4 stars is the most difficult level. The rest is a joke.

I can't imagine much has changed in such a small amount of time.

Carbonox

I can't imagine 5 stars being difficult.

In III Cops are a joke.

In VC 4 stars is the most difficult level, but still a joke.

In SA 4 stars is the most difficult level. The rest is a joke.

I can't imagine much has changed in such a small amount of time.

The FBI roadblocks in this game tear you apart in seconds. The chasing agents also ram you with aggression that makes the V cops look lame.

slimeball supreme

Hey, he got enough of that in high school.

Lethal Vaccine

The spawn rate is so bad, too. The Cops spawn like 3-5 Cars at a time when coming after you with Roadblocks every 50 yards down the road, basically. If you go through it, it's 100% certain your Vehicle will be on fire when you get past it, even if you try and go around it. They tear all 4 tires up in a second, too. Definitely the craziest cops in the 3D Era. Not to mention, they are so aggressive on foot and can bust you so easily. They use the Nightstick to chop the doors off your Vehicle and bust you instantly. Doing the 99 Red Balloons sucks. Don't get in a Vehicle if a Cop is nearby, that's for sure...

Zello

Lance had some of the funniest lines

Lance:"We've got agent Jerry Martinez 1st class asshole. That should convince Mendez that Jerry was a cop."

Vic: "What if it doesn't?"

Lance:"Run. But don't come running after me. My ass will be up in a tree in Haiti."

:lol:

Edited by Zello