2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Dat Tampa's supercharger whine = reason why we need supercharger a

VOrangejuiceV

VOrangejuiceV

I'm currently digging Tampa's supercharger whine. Apparently if you give the Tampa a turbo it gives you supercharger instead which is way better. One of the reasons why we need supercharger option as alternative for turbo since most cars doesn't fit with turbo sounds

• Like 2

BRAAAP_STUTUTU

90% of the v8 equipped GTA5 cars should have a supercharger option,would be easier on the ears as well,the turbo noises in this game can be insanely irrittating.

Edited by RobinVerhulstZ
  • Like 2

I teally think it should be an option. I really believe they added this sound for this car based on player feedback.

poppafewpills

I guess it's the same thing as the hydraulics in the low riders sounding more like air ride ?

Someone post a vid of it before I dump 50K into it, pls

I give you my word, it does not lose the Supercharger whine when you add a Turbo.

VOrangejuiceV

Someone post a vid of it before I dump 50K into it, pls

I give you my word, it does not lose the Supercharger whine when you add a Turbo.

Hell if you put the turbo you won't hear any turbo. The whine actually grows louder instead

90% of the v8 equipped GTA5 cars should have a supercharger option,would be easier on the ears as well,the turbo noises in this game can be insanely irrittating.

What bugs me is that the sound is so exaggerated; I feel like it's a soundbite from 2 Fast 2 Furious. Most turbos don't sound like that IRL. Edited by Garland137

How about they first fix the V8 engine sound, and then add supercharger sound as an option. Engine sounds in this game are horrible.

• Like 1

MRM95Jb.png

How about they first fix the V8 engine sound, and then add supercharger sound as an option. Engine sounds in this game are horrible.

Some cars, sounds amazing

Buffalo S, Tampa, Sabre turbo, Slamvan...

I dunno, turbo V8s Is more popular than superchargers now. At least here in Australia. They go a lot better too.

I agree - my car =)

Lmao, but seriously, not bad for an ancient hatch. Stock time is probably a 17?

Apparently if you give the Tampa a turbo it gives you supercharger instead which is way better.

really?!

i didnt bought turbo because in my book is almost blasphemous to have turbo on a muscle car, if we get supercharger then we talking.

over the years i have send many emails requesting supercharger option, gonna try it later.

It would be great to have supercharger option. Old muscle car and turbo doesn't belong together. I like the gearbox whine Tampa has, engine sound should be louder.

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

What bugs me is that the sound is so exaggerated I feel like jt's a soundbite from 2 Fast 2 Furious. Most turbos don't sound like that IRL.

LMMFAO!

Have you owned many, either custom or factory, turbo vehicles in real life? There's not much "turbo sound" in any of the vehicles in GTA. Do you even know what the device actually is that you assert to be a turbo?

I dunno, turbo V8s Is more popular than superchargers now. At least here in Australia. They go a lot better too.

I agree - my car =)

Lmao, but seriously, not bad for an ancient hatch. Stock time is probably a 17?

She was running slow at the time, got it down to 12s now. Stock yeah probably 17 but not 260bhp stock ;)

What bugs me is that the sound is so exaggerated I feel like jt's a soundbite from 2 Fast 2 Furious. Most turbos don't sound like that IRL.

LMMFAO!

Have you owned many, either custom or factory, turbo vehicles in real life? There's not much "turbo sound" in any of the vehicles in GTA. Do you even know what the device actually is that you assert to be a turbo?

Yes, several. None of them make those ridiculous noises.

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

LMMFAO!

LOL......Then why did you avoid this part?

"Do you even know what the device actually is that you assert to be a turbo?"

LMMFAO!

leave him alone, he obviously doesnt know the answer!

its the coolant valve!

B-)

• Like 2

LMMFAO!

Because at first reading I had no clue what the f*ck you were even asking. I guess you're trying to get a "gotcha" moment regarding the wastegate? I wasn't singling out those specific sounds, though they're certainly the most obnoxious, but rather all of the sounds made by GTA's turbos. It's way too loud; I shouldn't hear it drown out the engine every time I accelerate and I shouldn't hear shrill blow-off every time I lift off the gas or the gears change. Edited by Garland137

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

LMMFAO!

Because at first reading I had no clue what the f*ck you were even asking. I guess you're trying to get a "gotcha" moment regarding the wastegate? I wasn't singling out those specific sounds, though they're certainly the most obnoxious, but rather all of the sounds made by GTA's turbos. It's way too loud; I shouldn't hear it drown out the engine every time I accelerate and I shouldn't hear shrill blow-off every time I lift off the gas or the gears change.

LMMFAO!

There was no "gotcha" moment intended, but with your reply, you have "gotcha" your own self.

I guess you don't have to know turbo systems even if you claim to have owned several turbocharged vehicles.

Wastegates control boost ramp rates and final boost pressure. They can be internally wastegated, part of the turbo housing, or externally wastegated, a separate device placed between the exhaust header and turbo. In street applications, externally wastegated systems are return vented to the downpipe. In dedicated drag race applications it's not required to return to the downpipe, but I always do to keep flames and hot exhaust gasses directed in one place.

Blow off valves control pressure spikes caused by quickly closing the throttle to prevent damage to the compressor side of the turbo or centrifugal supercharger.. They can be atmospherically vented, the sound you hear in between shifts on GTA cars, or return vented where the excess compressed air is returned to the compressor side of the intercooler.

I'm still wondering what "turbo sound" you're saying is drowning out engine sounds. I really don't hear the turbos that much. I do hear the damn atmospherically vented,Blow off valves quite prominently.

In my twin 82mm turbo drag Mustang, when on target boost level, the exhaust or as you say "engine noises", actually gets quieter and the turbo sound becomes more prominent, even though I only have downpipes.

Now my 2014 twin turbo Mustang is a totally different animal. I'm running little 59mm Precision ceramic ball bearing turbos and only 10psi. You can hear the turbos, but nowhere near like the race car. It's pretty quiet period, except when I open the exhaust cutouts.

My trucks are different. The more stock o4 SuperDuty has the "turbo sound" more at idle. All you hear is the whistle of the turbo then, but on boost its deep and loud. The 07 SuperDuty with a stupid big aftermarket turbo gets quiet when up on the boost hard, but is a bitch to spool up.

Are you still "clueless" as to what I'm talking about?

Edited by YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

LMMFAO!

Because at first reading I had no clue what the f*ck you were even asking. I guess you're trying to get a "gotcha" moment regarding the wastegate? I wasn't singling out those specific sounds, though they're certainly the most obnoxious, but rather all of the sounds made by GTA's turbos. It's way too loud; I shouldn't hear it drown out the engine every time I accelerate and I shouldn't hear shrill blow-off every time I lift off the gas or the gears change.

LMMFAO!

There was no "gotcha" moment intended, but with your reply, you have "gotcha" your own self.

I guess you don't have to know turbo systems even if you claim to have owned several turbocharged vehicles.

Wastegates control boost ramp rates and final boost pressure. They can be internally wastegated, part of the turbo housing, or externally wastegated, a separate device placed between the exhaust header and turbo. In street applications, externally wastegated systems are return vented to the downpipe. In dedicated drag race applications it's not required to return to the downpipe, but I always do to keep flames and hot exhaust gasses directed in one place.

Blow off valves control pressure spikes caused by quickly closing the throttle to prevent damage to the compressor side of the turbo or centrifugal supercharger.. They can be atmospherically vented, the sound you hear in between shifts on GTA cars, or return vented where the excess compressed air is returned to the compressor side of the intercooler.

I'm still wondering what "turbo sound" you're saying is drowning out engine sounds. I really don't hear the turbos that much. I do hear the damn atmospherically vented,Blow off valves quite prominently.

In my twin 82mm turbo drag Mustang, when on target boost level, the exhaust or as you say "engine noises", actually gets quieter and the turbo sound becomes more prominent, even though I only have downpipes.

Now my 2014 twin turbo Mustang is a totally different animal. I'm running little 59mm Precision ceramic ball bearing turbos and only 10psi. You can hear the turbos, but nowhere near like the race car. It's pretty quiet period, except when I open the exhaust cutouts.

My trucks are different. The more stock o4 SuperDuty has the "turbo sound" more at idle. All you hear is the whistle of the turbo then, but on boost its deep and loud. The 07 SuperDuty with a stupid big aftermarket turbo gets quiet when up on the boost hard, but is a bitch to spool up.

LOL. Do you actually have a point, or were you just itching for an excuse to talk about the details of your own cars? Most turbos IRL don't sound like GTA's turbos. No expertise needed for that, just functioning ears. Maybe yours sound like that, but that's far from typical for the average street or mild race application, which is the kind of cars we're dealing with in GTA. Not drag racers or highly-strung dedicated race cars.

If you don't hear the turbo drowning out everything in GTA, I don't know what to tell you. It's all I notice. Maybe your audio settings are different or your speakers don't play it quite the same.

Edited by Garland137
  • Like 1

I agree - my car =)

Nice mk2! VR6? My daily driver is an '85 mk2 Jetta and then I have another one that is, well, broken.

I still like listening to an Issi or a Habanero's supercharger whine every once in a while, and they come supercharged from the factory...

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

LMMFAO!

LMMFAO!

LOL. Do you actually have a point, or were you just itching for an excuse to talk about the details of your own cars? Most turbos IRL don't sound like GTA's turbos. No expertise needed for that, just functioning ears. Maybe yours sound like that, but that's far from typical for the average street or mild race application, which is the kind of cars we're dealing with in GTA. Not drag racers or highly-strung dedicated race cars.

If you don't hear the turbo drowning out everything in GTA, I don't know what to tell you. It's all I notice. Maybe your audio settings are different or your speakers don't play it quite the same.

Plain and simple! YOU don't know the difference in the function between a damn blowoff valve and a wastegate. YOU claimed that you hear the wastegate making the irritating sounds when it's actually the blowoff valve. If you had actually read the FIRST HALF OF my post where I TRIED to educate YOU and other like YOU on the differences and functions of each device.

You can learn or remain ignorant on the subject. It's your choice. Just stop getting your panties in a wad and trying to avoid the subject when your patently obvious ignorance is called out.

LMMFAO!

LMMFAO!

Plain and simple! YOU don't know the difference in the function between a damn blowoff valve and a wastegate. YOU claimed that you hear the wastegate making the irritating sounds when it's actually the blowoff valve. If you had actually read the FIRST HALF OF my post where I TRIED to educate YOU and other like YOU on the differences and functions of each device.

You can learn or remain ignorant on the subject. It's your choice. Just stop getting your panties in a wad and trying to avoid the subject when your patently obvious ignorance is called out.

LOL, you got me. In a flippant remark on a forum, I confused two different things that bleed excess pressure. Congratulations, enjoy your victory,

As for "avoiding the subject," that would be you. Whether some of those noises were caused by a wastegate or a blow-off valve is irrelevant to what I was talking about, which is that all of the noises coming from GTA's turbos are louder and more obnoxious than most turbos IRL. I mislabeled the source of some of those sounds, big whoop, you corrected me on that. Whether or not I correctly label every turbo part doesn't affect my hearing. My point is that the average turbo, especially in a street or mild race application (which is what GTA is emulating), doesn't sound like that. There's tons of factory turbocharged cars on the streets these days, and they don't sound like that. None of the turbo cars my family or I have sound like that, even the ones with aftermarket setups. Very few cars at the local race track sound like that, either.