2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

My thoughts on GTA Online, and what they could've done differently

Svenny

The Singleplayer:

Probably one of, if the not the best Singleplayer in GTA History. The characters you meet are all very interesting, and the story is both good and funny. With the added heists to singeplayer you actually get to feel like a real criminal trying to earn a lot of quick money, the planning you have to do before actually taking on the heist is nice, but I wish there was more to it.

The Multiplayer:

When GTA Online first was released money was very hard to come by. Mission didn't pay very well, and you couldn't choose which mission you wanted to play, and had to either wait, or request a job where you could get unlucky and get one of the lesser paid missions. Because of this, leveling was much slower, and it actually felt good when you gained a level, later on people would just spam play ''Rooftop Rumble'' and gain easy money and RP, which just ruined that part of GTA Online. ''Old'' GTA Online defiently felt more rewarding, and I can remember the first expensive car I bought and how rewarding it felt, after having completing so many missions, and robbed countless liquor stores. It's sad how everything has to become more ''casual'' friendly, where everyone can get a supercar just by playing a few hours.

Free Mode:

So Free Mode has always been my favorite online mode in GTA, and while GTA V has never had the best Free Mode, it was still above average. Now the first things that holds Free Mode back is this new insurance on your car. This ruins the PvP action in freemode, as players will now be punished if they ruin another players car, and will have to pay a pricey fee. Not only does it ruin the action, but this doesn't belong in a game like GTA. GTA is all about killing each other and blowing things up, but they ruin that by adding the insurance. Being a good sport is now also a thing in GTA Free Mode, and you'll be warned if you're destroying other peoples cars. Once again, why does a thing like this even exist in GTA?

In comparison, GTA IV's freemode, was much more fun, and it was way simpler. I do enjoy the more focus on your charater, such as adding personalized cars, but there is a lot of stuff added in GTA V, which just ruins the whole fun between players. Rockstar has now added events which take place in Free Mode to try and make it more interesting, but it just seems like they're trying to force fun into it, rather than looking at the actual problems.

Rockstars focus on PvE ruins PvP in FreeMode:

My point here is, since they started adding heists in GTA Online, they've also added vehicles, which clearly was meant for heists, but also appears in Free Mode. Here we have the Karuma, and the Insurgent. Why these haven't been locked to missions only is a mystery. They bring so much inbalance to the game, where a group of minimum two in an Insurgent, will just completely demolish you, as it takes about 5RPG shots to destroy. On top of that it takes no skill to use, you just drive up to someone with not a single care, and then you just gun them down. The Karuma just ruins the car chases you have with other people, as you cannot shoot through the windows, and is near impossible, if not impossible to destroy with small arms. Luckily, that vehicle can be destroyed with a single Sticky bomb, but it's sad how that's your only option.

While on the subject on strong vehicles let's take a look at the jets. I do not find the jets or helicopters to ruin the fun in freemode, as they actually take a lot of skill to use. I myself have become rather good at using the jet, but I also sacrificed many hours on the Xbox 360 version, trying to learn how to fly and shoot people on the ground at the same time. I also have not been killed a single time by a jet while being on the ground, as they are easy to avoid and dodge, and a lot of times, the pilots will just crash the just, because they're not good enough.

The helicopters don't really affect the gameplay too much, since they're weaker than jets, but easier to control. They're also easy to avoid, and pilots, most of the time aren't the best.

Online Games Modes:

These modes are actually really fun, my two favorites being racing and deathmatch. With the new handling system on the cars, racing turns out to be really intense. Deathmatch is also a lot of fun. There are ofcourse other game modes, but I haven't really played them.

Hackers:

As I've been reading the reviews on Steam, a lot have been complaining about hackers ruining the game, by throwing money to everyone, killing everyone etc. I have experinced hackers but they've done any of the sorts to myself. Why Rockstar haven't done more to this problem I do not know. I would expect that such a big company, with such good game franchises would have the resourcses to get rid of these hackers.

Heists:

I've only completed a single heists, so I can't say much about it, but from that one heist, it seemed fun and cooperative

If you've any questions, or completely disagree with me, let me know.

Edited by Svenny

Remind me again why you're trying to blow up people in Insurgents or gun down Kuruma drivers?

Well, I usually try to stay away from them, but when people bring out those vehicles they mean bad business, so I try to defend myself, and that's rather hard considering how much of an advantage they have.

I agree.

GTA IV had way more balanced combat with less bugs and exploits. They spawn distance could be set to far and you lost your guns when you died.

GTA V has passive mode, bad sport and insurance which is all crap. Also the 1vs1 spawns, suiciders, teleporting, instant buying of ammo, VIP buzzard spawns. The amount of guns you can carry is just lame and the spawn distance is way too close in my opinion.

You know what GTA IV multiplayer had that GTA 5 doesn't? The possibility to disable the police

• Like 1

Not like the actual deathmatches or adversary modes are better.

sh*t payout for a mission that can last past ten minutes of some idiot running around.

Unbalanced mechanics.

Like, take slasher. The mode would have been so much better if it was just a machete and the victims had to run and hide for five minutes. No melee back. But no, they got a weapon and a slasher has a shotgun

Beast vs slasher is an ugly mess.

Rashkovskys Shiv

OP=typical COD player,just wants to wreck ppl in freeroam but whines about the one shot destroyed kuruma and the easy to kill Insurgent pickup driver.

You just suck at the game.

Quit writing essays,and perhaps change your playstyle.

Then you could make money and rank up.

Oh yeah and maybe make some friends to play heists with,so you could make easy bank.

Gawwd what a loser this guy is.

Bad sport and passive mode are there to prevent your game being ruined by idiots. So imagine you arequire a low level with poor weapons and low stats. Some loser decides to pick on you, blows up your car and then proceeds to repeatedly spawn kill you.

- No loss to you, the insurance number the car means it can be recovered with you paying nothing or just a small amount.

- If they decide to act like this repeatedly they end up in bad spey, separated from theor friends and the rest of the player Base

- passive mode mears you at least get a few minutes to switch session, get your car back etc.

We've all seen how people behave, can you imagine what free roam wold be like without these things?

I see no problem with the kuruma or insurgent being in free roam, all vehicles have a weak point or deficiency of some sort.

It sounds very much to me as if the OP doesn't like bad sport, passive mode or armoured vehicles because he's a grief error, the sort that go around killing other players needlessly. Free roam isn't meant to be a killing field.

If you want to pay like that is cool, go find a deathmatch or LTS to do it in.

Edited by Crafty-

Well, I usually try to stay away from them, but when people bring out those vehicles they mean bad business, so I try to defend myself, and that's rather hard considering how much of an advantage they have.

That cuts both ways. I only bring out my Kuruma, Insurgent, Baller LE, Cognoscenti 55, Schafter V12 or Turreted Limo when I get scrubs harassing me for no reason other than their own insatiable bloodlust.

Perhaps if wanton destruction and senseless murder of random players wasn't the order of the day, there wouldn't be a need for people to own these vehicles.

But it is, so there is.

I agree.

GTA IV had way more balanced combat with less bugs and exploits. They spawn distance could be set to far and you lost your guns when you died.

GTA V has passive mode, bad sport and insurance which is all crap. Also the 1vs1 spawns, suiciders, teleporting, instant buying of ammo, VIP buzzard spawns. The amount of guns you can carry is just lame and the spawn distance is way too close in my opinion.

True

OP=typical COD player,just wants to wreck ppl in freeroam but whines about the one shot destroyed kuruma and the easy to kill Insurgent pickup driver.

You just suck at the game.

Quit writing essays,and perhaps change your playstyle.

Then you could make money and rank up.

Oh yeah and maybe make some friends to play heists with,so you could make easy bank.

Gawwd what a loser this guy is.

I didn't make this post to start flaming each other, I don't actually play CoD. I'm pretty sure I don't suck at the game. I can earn easy money and RP, and that is my problem with the game. I have friends to play heist with, I just never got into it. And maybe I am a loser, but atleast I'm not insulting anyone.

Bad sport and passive mode are there to prevent your game being ruined by idiots. So imagine you arequire a low level with poor weapons and low stats. Some loser decides to pick on you, blows up your car and then proceeds to repeatedly spawn kill you.

- No loss to you, the insurance number the car means it can be recovered with you paying nothing or just a small amount.

- If they decide to act like this repeatedly they end up in bad spey, separated from theor friends and the rest of the player Base

- passive mode mears you at least get a few minutes to switch session, get your car back etc.

We've all seen how people behave, can you imagine what free roam wold be like without these things?

I see no problem with the kuruma or insurgent being in free roam, all vehicles have a weak point or deficiency of some sort.

It sounds very much to me as if the OP doesn't like bad sport, passive mode or armoured vehicles because he's a grief error, the sort that go around killing other players needlessly. Free roam isn't meant to be a killing field.

If you want to pay like that is cool, go find a deathmatch or LTS to do it in.

I don't have a problem with the passive mode, as I use it myself, when looking for the newly added clothes. I don't go around just murdering everyone, but when I decide to go into fights, I would appreciate if people wouldn't whip out their more powerful vehicles, and that's why I would see free roam as being better without for example Insurgent.

All they need to do differently is matchmaking and the entire community would be about 80% happier overnight.

One of my daily objectives yesterday was to participate in a Vehicle Deathmatch. So naturally I had to create one and sit patiently waiting for players to join. I passed the time by messing about with my phone but it took over 20 minutes, with (only) about 5 or 6 players coming and going within that time, before there were 4 players present all at once so that I could launch the session.

It's the exact same story every time I venture out of Free Mode. The last time I attempted to play a brand new game mode during an event, I kept getting kicked from the session as it was about to begin, with the notice 'You have been kicked. There were not enough players', wtf??? I think I've encountered issues every single time I've tried to get involved with an event weekend - whether it be game modes not working, or special crates bugging out.

This game broke sales records. What was it... "The best selling entertainment product of all time"? Yet, it feels like a 10 year old game that's only still frequented by a handful of players. Just the sheer volume of people that there must be in GTA Online makes it almost impossible for any game mode to have zero active players at any given time. But because we have the worst matchmaking system of any game ever, we're destined to sit alone in empty lobbies for hours and hours.

edit: This will obviously never happen, but with the massive advancement of Free Mode that we are starting to see, R* should totally just scrap everything else. If you want to play races, go play Forza. If you want deathmatches, f*ck off to COD. Impromptu Races and PvP is all we ever needed in GTA.

Edited by Robaldinio

I feel the opposite. I think the focus on PvP has been to the detriment of PvE. I could bitch about all the adversary modes that hardly get played after the first couple weeks (despite the fact that I enjoyed them, even if I don't play them anymore). Mostly though it's the host of smaller things that are clearly intended as "balance" factor for PvP yet for PvE merely slow down the game and add needless small irritations (i.e. nerfing the tank caused it to be way too vulnerable to running over police cars, a PvE issue, but this was intended to reduce it's impact on PvP).

It's also important to make sure we distinguish between how the game was designed and how the player base chooses to behave within the framework laid out by the designers.

If I want to play just for PVP then I would just play Counter Strike Global Offensive instead as in GTA its not only just about PVP but other stuff like PVE, races and others

Heists:

I've only completed a single heists, so I can't say much about it, but from that one heist, it seemed fun and cooperative

If you're going to brave a review on a forum such as this, then please, for the love of humanity, complete the heists!

I used to say the same thing to my mom when I was a toddler. Eventually, she got it and completed them all, despite taking six years.