3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Gaming Chat Café

Hit by Lightning

Is great IMO. It doesn't tries to be as historicaly accurate as with the first two, but the game is great and has two expansions that add a lot to the game.

Also, 3D of course. You might want to catch a video or two on YouTube, but I think is awesome

I don't know much about it, but I did know it's 3D. I'll try and give it a spin sometime this week.

It's pretty cheap on Steam, or maybe you want other ways to get it. Anyhow, even with some details, you'll find some good times there, with the new stuff in there. Still ain't that different of the previous. If you like RTS games, I'd say it's worth the shot.

I f*cking loved Age of Empires. A game so old you could play it without the disc as default.

I used to spend hours on that sh*t at my friends house in the 90s where his dad had two pc's hooked up together. Back then that blew my f*cking mind. Though I only ever used to play with cheats and spawn 150 Photon men and just go on a genocide spree, I still enjoyed every part of it.

I never managed to get round to the second one, probably because there were no Photon men. I think just the Big Daddy sports car.

The third however I played a decent amount on, enjoyed it quite a lot. I much prefered the more recent timeline and actually getting musketeers and the feel of a more western climate.

I was always hoping they would go a little further and at least span into civil war and the wild west era being able to have some epic battles.

Only cheat I remember in that one was the monster truck that just f*cked up anything it touched. Was a good stress reliever.

Edited by Daz
  • Like 3

Pick up the third when it's on sale. It's good in a vacuum.

But there's a reason why AoE II is still kicking and getting another expansion after all these years.

I wouldn't worry about historical accuracy anyway, not exactly something that has ever been Age of Empire's strong suit.

Edited by ¥en

I f*cking loved Age of Empires. A game so old you could play it without the disc as default.

I used to spend hours on that sh*t at my friends house in the 90s where his dad had two pc's hooked up together. Back then that blew my f*cking mind. Though I only ever used to play with cheats and spawn 150 Photon men and just go on a genocide spree, I still enjoyed every part of it.

I never managed to get round to the second one, probably because there were no Photon men. I think just the Big Daddy sports car.

The third however I played a decent amount on, enjoyed it quite a lot. I much prefered the more recent timeline and actually getting musketeers and the feel of a more western climate.

I was always hoping they would go a little further and at least span into civil war and the wild west era being able to have some epic battles.

Only cheat I remember in that one was the monster truck that just f*cked up anything it touched. Was a good stress reliever.

Daz, did you ever play Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds? I know it's not exactly AOE, but I found it to be a very fun series.

Nah, I didn't.

AoE was the only RTS I ever got into in the early days. I never even got into C&C. Though when I finaly got a better PC I was waiting for World in Conflict to be released but it took too long and I got bored of waiting. They said it would come to consoles but never did.

I got Joint Task Force instead. I don't know if anyone played that but it was awesome. Some levels set in Mogadishu, BHD style. Others in Iraq and other places. You got to control named characters that would level up and unlock perks. It owned. One perk let the whole squad go invisible when prone together. You could drive random vehicles like humvees, tanks, AA tanks, artillery, helicopters, civvy cars, fork lifts etc.

That sh*t f*cking owned.

I was looking at mayble picking up Running With Rifles, but I don't know how good it is or if it's worth the price.

AoE 2 is fantastic. Even after all these years, it still holds up brilliantly. Recently, I started playing it without cheats and it is a whole new experience. You should really get it Daz. :^:

Been mulling to get AoE 3 but a lot of people say it is a big disappointment compared to 2. Heard good things about the Civilization series and I want to try out Civ 5 someday.

Also, heard about Europa Universalis IV but again, haven't played it. Is there any modern RTS game out there?

Can't for the life of me find any sprites/gifs of the photon men. Stupid internet.

bUIAiml.gif

• Like 3

Also, heard about Europa Universalis IV but again, haven't played it.

In my humble opinion it sucks. I mean just look at how very little time I've spent playing it.

hl23a.jpg

Edited by ¥en
  • Like 3

What is Europa Universalis IV and why have you spent 1371 hours playing it? :lol:

Man, I went to go play AC Black Flag... it just sucks. I loved the older games. Good thing I got it for free via games with gold.

used to Play AoE in school back when I was little in the early 2000s... good times

if you want more modern stuff then try Empire Earth which came out around the same time of AoE but had everything going up to space age... bloody good times lol

Also, heard about Europa Universalis IV but again, haven't played it.

In my humble opinion it sucks. I mean just look at how very little time I've spent playing it.

hl23a.jpg

I haven't played the game myself, but I've watched my friends play it a lot. It looks great and a game you really get engrossed in. A long attention span is needed.

Was just checking my e-mail and i got accepted to be in the Close Beta of Tirade War which is suppose to be a spin-off of Sleeping Dogs & True Crime series.

Update: So this game plays just like Sleeping Dog does pretty much same controls and everything but this time you can choose which tirade you want to join 18K, Sow Won E and ect.

Here is some gameplay i took while messing around with it last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3R8rrTttIs&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Troubadour

Was just checking my e-mail and i got accepted to be in the Close Beta of Tirade War which is suppose to be a spin-off of Sleeping Dogs & True Crime series.

Update: So this game plays just like Sleeping Dog does pretty much same controls and everything but this time you can choose which tirade you want to join 18K, Sow Won E and ect.

Here is some gameplay i took while messing around with it last night

-snip-

I've been loosely following the game, but haven't watched any gameplay up until now. It looks great. It really expands on the universe that Sleeping Dogs set up and gives us another chance to visit the excellent Hong Kong. I'm still sort of sad that they didn't simply create a full sequel to Sleeping Dogs. I would've loved that even more, most likely.

I've been loosely following the game, but haven't watched any gameplay up until now. It looks great. It really expands on the universe that Sleeping Dogs set up and gives us another chance to visit the excellent Hong Kong. I'm still sort of sad that they didn't simply create a full sequel to Sleeping Dogs. I would've loved that even more, most likely.

Here some more gameplay footage...

It looks like this game is going to be entirely online and is a mix between Sleeping Dogs & an IOS game where you raid other players once you've raided a certian player wheater you were successful in a full raid or just making off with their rackets you can't raid anybody again for 2 1/2 hours.

There is also a "Buy Gold" feature but as of right now gold is only used to buy "Favors"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UGSDQ_tC-o&feature=youtu.be

Hmm I played sleeping dogs and I liked it a lot and triad wars looks promising from your gameplay footage :) Im more interested about the cars

I picked up the Metro 2033 & Metro Last Light bundle recently when it was on sale. Got them both for £10.

Really decent games, my only issue is that it is annoying when games have missable scenes, storyline, collectibles or achievements in a level based game.

The problem is I want to search everywhere but often it's hard to tell if some locations you can even go down or if you are going the right way or not. So I end up accidently going the correct way when searching and I can't backtrack to loot.

That sh*t f*cks me off. If I could free-roam the whole level at will then that would be fine but you cant. And it wants me to now go back and do extra bullsh*t you are bound to miss on first playthrough just to get the correct ending. With it being level based it is such a pain in the arse. Especially as you have to sit through f*cking cutscenes or in this game's case, Half Life 2 style dialog waiting for people to finish talking and open the door for you.

I really despise games that force you to play the whole game through multiple times.

• Like 2

Richard Power Colt

I picked up the Metro 2033 & Metro Last Light bundle recently when it was on sale. Got them both for £10.

Really decent games, my only issue is that it is annoying when games have missable scenes, storyline, collectibles or achievements in a level based game.

The problem is I want to search everywhere but often it's hard to tell if some locations you can even go down or if you are going the right way or not. So I end up accidently going the correct way when searching and I can't backtrack to loot.

That sh*t f*cks me off. If I could free-roam the whole level at will then that would be fine but you cant. And it wants me to now go back and do extra bullsh*t you are bound to miss on first playthrough just to get the correct ending. With it being level based it is such a pain in the arse. Especially as you have to sit through f*cking cutscenes or in this game's case, Half Life 2 style dialog waiting for people to finish talking and open the door for you.

I really despise games that force you to play the whole game through multiple times.

I played the first one and I can relate. The story also didn't really interest me as I had just read the book before it which is way better written and a lot of the more interesting insight on the characters and philosophy which plays a large part in the book is just left for the journals that are missable collectibles. Those small dog-like enemies in that one level also kinda seemed like they were bugged or something. They often kept running at me and often they would stop at the last moment to turn back. I assumed it was the kind of enemy that you're supposed to look at and they turn away, but we have the scorpion thingys that are scared of light which should fill that part so idk what were those dogs supposed to do. I probably just didn't understand them, I played on ranger mode on first playthrough which is pretty confusing if you haven't played the game before as it doesn't tell you any tips and the hud is mostly gone. Ultimately ended up being easier than I thought though.

Edited by GTAandStuff

Hmm I played sleeping dogs and I liked it a lot and triad wars looks promising from your gameplay footage :) Im more interested about the cars

Next time i get on to play, I'll show you the cars that you can buy in game though it'll only be in pictures as i don't have enough to buy any of em yet.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dll8eMJnTEE

Thanks to a partnership with Blijrd... Blizzard... uhmm... there was a League of Legends battle for two and a half hours, yesterday, on ESPN 2.

HAAH WAAW

Bobby Kotick should just buy ESPN and bribe this guy to host video game tournaments for the rest of his career. I thought this level of ignorance vanished in late 00s.

Edited by HaythamKenway

I have no problem with e-sports. But Colin Cowherd is somewhat right.

ESPN, the channel that covers SPORTS, shows an E-SPORTS game.

SPORTS.

E-SPORTS.

There's a f*cking difference between the two. Let it be ESPN or ESPN-2, e-sports have no place on such channels. There's barely anything common between the 2 sports apart from the competitiveness.

But I also see that Colin has no idea on the position that e-sports are nowadays.

Edited by Th3MaN1

I see your point, but doesn't ESPN also cover things like poker, though? If that a sport, then competitive video games are too.

In an ideal world, both these "sports" would be relegated to their own, alternative channel.

I will admit, I have no good knowledge of ESPN. But I have to go 50-50 on this. Neither is poker a sport, but neither are video games. I see why Colin wasn't happy of coverage made of a video game. But he went kinda far when he bashed it the way he did. Because facts: e-sports in general is relevant.

But if poker is being shown on ESPN, I can say right now, that is pretty stupid.

I'm not bashing, just saying that there shouldn't have been coverage of the entire game. Cowherd went too far, but he was right in saying 'that's the wrong place'.

From what I hear TLC, MTV among others have strayed a fair bit from what they're 'meant' to be, so I wouldn't think this is too much of an issue :p

Check out Slickwraps or dbrand for skins for your controller or console. Really top notch stuff :^:

Edited by Nick

So Mafia II is free XBL. I tried downloading it a few times. First time was really slow and now it just won't download.

I have 90gbs free space. I tried clearing the cache but there seems to be no other explanations including no error code. It just says "Can't download Mafia II"

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Got it fixed, thankfully and I probably should have posted in Tech & PC chat anyway.

Look forward t o replaying this game.

Edited by Mister Pink

It doesn't compare to the first game, at all. You can tell it is an unfinished game. You can flush your bathroom toilet and open the window for no reason whatsoever. I have the feeling it was meant to be far more of a simulation style game than it ended up being.

It had some unique missions and had some decent driving physics but a lot of it was pretty basic. I don't remember a lot from it but I know it didn't match Mafia 1 or LA Noire for the feeling of the setting.

The titty mag collectibles were a nice touch though. (No pun intended)

It's a nice game but it isn't something you can expect to get hundreds of hours of it. The problem is it gives the false impression of being an open world game at the start with features such as basic car customizing and ability to pick locks but as you'll progress you'll learn that it's actually a third person shooter.

It's a good third person shooter but not a good open world game which is a shame because the physics are brilliant and Empire Bay is very richly detailed.

Edited by Ducard