3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Gaming Chat Café

Hit by Lightning

My original prediction for completing ME3 was a bit off, but not by much. I'm planning to finish it tomorrow, ended tonight's run in the London base, just before the push to the Conduit. The last conversation with Garrus was heartwrenching.

Goodbye Garrus. And if I'm up there in that bar and you're not - I'll be looking down. You'll never be alone.

Never.

I know I wrote how I was over the ending and it doesn't bother me anymore, but after playing through the trilogy again, it hurts again. It's horrible to see again, first-hand, Bioware stomping on all goodwill they've build over the course of last seventy hours. I'm tempted to just stop the game after the last scene with Anderson and just act like the Starchild never happened. And blindly hope that Bioware will pull a Deus Ex: MD and just declare all endings non-canon in ME4.

Edited by HaythamKenway

It appears the HD release of Age of Empires II is getting another expansion: Link.

I think it's strange that they're releasing new content for a game that is well over ten years old, but at the same time, it's great that they still care about Age of Empires. Hopefully a third installment is on their list somewhere.

My original prediction for completing ME3 was a bit off, but not by much. I'm planning to finish it tomorrow, ended tonight's run in the London base, just before the push to the Conduit. The last conversation with Garrus was heartwrenching.

Goodbye Garrus. And if I'm up there in that bar and you're not - I'll be looking down. You'll never be alone.

Never.

I know I wrote how I was over the ending and it doesn't bother me anymore, but after playing through the trilogy again, it hurts again. It's horrible to see again, first-hand, Bioware stomping on all goodwill they've build over the course of last seventy hours. I'm tempted to just stop the game after the last scene with Anderson and just act like the Starchild never happened. And blindly hope that Bioware will pull a Deus Ex: MD and just declare all endings non-canon in ME4.

Dude, know what I found? This.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mehem-the-mass-effect-3-happy-ending-mod

I never used it, but if you can install this sh*t, you may feel a million times better. I know I did when I saw it.

• Like 1

Richard Power Colt

Anyone else planning on getting Killing Floor 2 on early access this month? By the looks of it, the core gameplay will be pretty polished right away, but some of the content just isn't there at first. I only recently picked up the first and it's a really fun game outside of the fact that there's not a lot of variety to the gameplay so sometimes I might find myself getting bored of it though I think I might play it today for a bit in anticipation of the second.

Edited by GTAandStuff

I never used it, but if you can install this sh*t, you may feel a million times better. I know I did when I saw it.

That's pretty cool. But I'm playing on the 360, so I'll have to stick with my headcanon.

That's pretty cool. But I'm playing on the 360, so I'll have to stick with my headcanon.

But still, if you get the chance on PC, try it out. Or at least watch a video demonstrating the mod. It's worth it.

Finished the fight. In the end, I decided to work my way through the Catalyst's black hole of stupidity, picked Destroy and called it a day.

Go to hell TIM.

Go to hell Saren.

Go to hell Reapers.

We will build our own future.

It appears the HD release of Age of Empires II is getting another expansion: Link.

I think it's strange that they're releasing new content for a game that is well over ten years old, but at the same time, it's great that they still care about Age of Empires. Hopefully a third installment is on their list somewhere.

I have to say, I will always love AoE. They were so good until The Asian Dynasties. Last good game from the series.

Besides previous generations, has anyone heard of any games coming out, with this concept in mind? An example would be games like Scarface: The World Is Yours, San Andreas and even Godfather.

EDIT: I'm speaking about console games, specifically. I know there are many decent one son PC.

Edited by Gigs84

VCS

I have played this and it was pretty decent. I'm looking more for anything upcoming or currently out there, that I have missed. I can name many, some already included in OP, from past genereations.

I can't find any hint about any games currently in development or coming soon based on the similar theme.

If you search "organsed crime" then you'll get a good list of games from wiki.

I can't find any hint about any games currently in development or coming soon based on the similar theme.

If you search "organsed crime" then you'll get a good list of games from wiki.

I figured as much and appreciate the look. I am really just grasping at straws, I'm sure. I was just hoping thta maybe I had missed something.

Edited by Gigs84

Ah yes, I guess I should have included "on consoles". I've played some of these on PC but I'm not a huge PC gamer.

There is Omerta which is on xbox360 which is similar to Gangsters OC and Gangland.

But i do agree, the last good one was Godfather, Godfather 2 had a lot of promise but poor execution. I thought they had the right concept of building/creating your family from the ground up. Some one needs to build on that idea.

Omerta: City of Gangsters

Though I personally think Scarface: The World is Yours, the Godfather and Vice City Stories are the best ones you're going to find and play, with Scarface: The World is Yours being the best of the bunch and Vice City Stories as the runner-up.

Omerta: City of Gangsters

Though I personally think Scarface: The World is Yours, the Godfather and Vice City Stories are the best ones you're going to find and play, with Scarface: The World is Yours being the best of the bunch and Vice City Stories as the runner-up.

This was what I was afraid of. Thanks for the replies though.

Omerta is rather short for it's price, I'm not sure how cheap it is now.

It was a fun game, quite simple gameplay for something turn-based, the city-management was incredibly simple, barely any depth in it, though they've slightly updated in later DLC (which you had to pay for again).

I made a video about soloing some combat on Hard:

You mean a fourth, and yes, its time for another AoE, this expansion is made by the guys that developed the Forgotten Empires and the actual HD version right? i trust those guys i hope they can develop a whole new AoE.

Just expanding (and rebalancing) AoE3 will do it for me.

Edited by reiniat

Omerta is rather short for it's price, I'm not sure how cheap it is now.

It was a fun game, quite simple gameplay for something turn-based, the city-management was incredibly simple, barely any depth in it, though they've slightly updated in later DLC (which you had to pay for again).

I made a video about soloing some combat on Hard:

Played the demo, but it wasn't what I was looking for, unfortunately.

People talk a lot of trash about E.A, And i'm way to negative on this forum so I decided to put all my positivity chips E.A's way,

I want to compliment them on having the option to use basic controls on NHL 2015, I bought this game after work so I didn't really want to spend an hour learning how to play the game, So I set the control type to nhl 95 and it's a very simplified format, perfect for those of us to lazy to learn and just want to have a game,

I think it's a SUPER COOL feature, I've never seen this in sporting games but i'm hoping too see it more, I like having actual choices on how I play the game !!!

when you start the game you also get the option on what type of game you want, over the top ? simulator ? extreme simulator ? That's f*cking awesome !!!! their's more than one gameplay setting !!!! that's dope !!!!

i'm playing in simulation atm but when I get better at the game i'm going to love over the top mode, that'll be epic !!!!

good job e.a, i'm liking this game so far

Edited by im_stoned

I'm so addicted to Euro Truck Simulator 2.. but that's because my PC can't run anything else very well :(

I'm so addicted to Euro Truck Simulator 2.. but that's because my PC can't run anything else very well :(

You think thats bad?

I got high end gaming PC and I'm using it to play Battlefield 1942 with the MC Mod.

• Like 2

I actually love that game had an empire going but because i was stupid and bought it from gamefly really cheap i don't have access to it anymore as their client in which you play the game from doesn't even work anymore.

You mean a fourth, and yes, its time for another AoE, this expansion is made by the guys that developed the Forgotten Empires and the actual HD version right? i trust those guys i hope they can develop a whole new AoE.

To me, a big fan since my childhood, It isn't enough to get a third expansion for AoE III.

I WANT AGE OF EMPIRES 4 AND THAT BULLSH*T OF MOBILE GAMES IS NOT ENOUGH!!

Although, yeah, if they're not doing that, why not another expansion for the third Age Of Empires.

E: And a new Age of Mythology while we're dreaming and stuff

Edited by AlexanderS4
  • Like 2

To me, a big fan since my childhood, It isn't enough to get a third expansion for AoE III.

I WANT AGE OF EMPIRES 4 AND THAT BULLSH*T OF MOBILE GAMES IS NOT ENOUGH!!

Although, yeah, if they're not doing that, why not another expansion for the third Age Of Empires.

E: And a new Age of Mythology while we're dreaming and stuff

I forgot the third one existed. How is it? Never played it so I might pick it up.

Is great IMO. It doesn't tries to be as historicaly accurate as with the first two, but the game is great and has two expansions that add a lot to the game.

Also, 3D of course. You might want to catch a video or two on YouTube, but I think is awesome