3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Gaming Chat Café

Hit by Lightning

I think I will soon try another of my annual ME attempted play through. It's hard. That's a lot of game.

• Like 2

Hit by Lightning

^^ Finished Alan Wake in PC (since I don't have Xbox) and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Excellent gameplay, settings and story. You will keep playing just to know what the fu*k happened :D

^^ Finished Alan Wake in PC (since I don't have Xbox) and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Excellent gameplay, settings and story. You will keep playing just to know what the fu*k happened :D

Thanks, I guess i'll check it out

I really enjoyed Alan Wake. The story might be a little pretentious, but it's a fun ride. When playing, I highly suggest that you take a break between "episodes". Just let what you've played sink in a bit. Don't just rush into the next part.

Anyway. I couldn't pass up LEGO Marvel Superheroes for $5 on Xbox One. Great price. Might even get the DLC.

And your game of Sims becoming more pixelated as you play, another game with a lift that stops suddenly...

I don't know if it's been posted, but

video has some of my favorite anti-piracy techniques.

The Earthbound one is by far, the most brutal. You get to the end, the game freezes on you, so as gamer's instinct, you restart, hoping that it was just a malfunction. Well, good luck with that, because the game deletes your saves.

And by personal experience, Earthbound is a very, very long game, that, despite loving to death, I would personally prefer not to play again.

And by personal experience, Earthbound is a very, very long game, that, despite loving to death, I would personally prefer not to play again.

Same. I absolutely love Earthbound. I never finished it because it can be a "where do I go" game at times. I'd rather not start a new game sometime, as I don't have the patience.

There were parts of the game where I just wanted it to pass as soon as possible. Some parts are just tedious and long, but a great story is what kept me going. Also, the fact that underleveled enemies are beaten in a second gave the game's progression a smooth flow, as you didn't have to buy items to not fight or keep fighting enemies you have no chance of losing against.

I'm so glad I didn't experience Nintendo's harsh methods first-hand.

What-a-pleasure

So apparently starting a new topic just to see what people think of an idea is a no-no, so I am moving this here. I was just thinking, how cool would it be if R* made a game, set in the 20s or 30s or so, in South America or Africa or India or someplace where you were a treasure hunter or some such? Open world, native people, bad guys, etc...I personally think that would be pretty danged cool! Kinda like The Mummy and Indiana Jones or something, just without (or heck, maybe even with!) the supernatural stuff.

Edited by What-a-pleasure

Say, on the topic of Earthbound, has anyone played Mother 3? Brilliant game.

@What-a-pleasure

I would be kind of cool. We shouldn't single it out to Rockstar because multiple game developers could take a hold of a project like that. Visiting little villages and getting new quests to find treasure would be great. Simply driving through the wilderness would be amazing, or flying over it.

• Like 1

What-a-pleasure

@ssbawesome

Yeah, I was just thinking of how nice a job they did with RDR, so they popped into my head. My thoughts exactly! Biplanes, hot air balloons, etc. Horses too, of course! Steamboats and the like. I don't know anything about making video games, but in my mind it would be a blast to play something like that.

I didn't get to, but honestly, I don't think I will. I wanted a direct sequel to Earthbound, because there were a few loose strings as far as I can remember. Most specifically, your fat friend, who joins the enemy for some reason. What happens to him is not answered at all.

I didn't get to, but honestly, I don't think I will. I wanted a direct sequel to Earthbound, because there were a few loose strings as far as I can remember. Most specifically, your fat friend, who joins the enemy for some reason. What happens to him is not answered at all.

It's explained somewhat in Mother 3. Spoilers ahead for those who care.

Lucas and the team travel to New Pork City to confront the person behind the attacks throughout the land. It turns out a very old Porky is behind them. They defeat him, all is good with the world, etc. There's a deleted scene where he actually dies, and you can searh for it on YouTube.

I enjoyed Mother 3 and bit more because the gameplay was smoother. You can run, which was nice. I'm wishing someone will make a remake of Mother to bring the graphics up to Earthbound's level. That way I would actually play it.

Thanks for that man, I'll dig up some footage on Youtube right now. It's great to know there is a conclusion to all that. Hell, I may even play Mother 3.

Thanks for that man, I'll dig up some footage on Youtube right now. It's great to know there is a conclusion to all that. Hell, I may even play Mother 3.

It's a little slow at the beginning, but once you get past the prologue, it really picks up. It's great, so you should definitely play it.

Richard Power Colt

I think the Arkham City devs removed the gliding mechanic for pirates. You can't complete the game without it.

Also here's some of the most hilariously sh*tty cutscenes I've ever seen in a game:

Edited by GTAandStuff

I think the Arkham City devs removed the gliding mechanic for pirates. You can't complete the game without it.

Also here's some of the most hilariously sh*tty cutscenes I've ever seen in a game:

-wtf?-

I'm convinced that the first cop was voiced by Microsoft Sam.

I'd rather have that than my game deleted at the very end.

Richard Power Colt

I'd rather have that than my game deleted at the very end.

This game will delete your game literally if you lose:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/30/lose-lose-game-deletes-files-as-you-play/

Not that it has anything to do with piracy, just wanted to share.

Edited by GTAandStuff

That's an interesting one.

I hope the developer of that game won't start bitching and attack Sterling, happened way too many times in the past.

Edited by Th3MaN1

Is this the worst game to have ever graced Steam?

Cola and meal please no bread. Cola and meal please no bread. Cola and meal please no bread.

Is this the worst game to have ever graced Steam?

Cola and meal please no bread. Cola and meal please no bread. Cola and meal please no bread.

Hint: He is a zombie.

Richard Power Colt

So a new Deus Ex was announced..

"Mankind divided"

I've yet to play the first, but Human Revolution was a pretty cool game.

Edited by GTAandStuff

If you mean the very first Deus Ex, I have to say, it's aged badly.

I know it's old, and back then, it was a technological step up from every other game out there, but as far as I went with it, I just couldn't play it. I could see the potential in having fun with it, but there was too much stuff to learn before you could understand the core of the gameplay.

Before anyone takes this as an insult to the game/franchise, it's not. Most Deus Ex games are really great.

Edited by Th3MaN1

Anybody excited for Games with Gold on 360? After the 15th you'll be able to download ACIV: Black Flag and Army of Two: Devils Cartel.. I still have like three games to start from ones they gave away earlier. Should be fun and exciting.

VWSTp.png

Anybody excited for Games with Gold on 360? After the 15th you'll be able to download ACIV: Black Flag and Army of Two: Devils Cartel.. I still have like three games to start from ones they gave away earlier. Should be fun and exciting.

AC IV: Black Flag is one you should definitely get. If you enjoyed the bromantic relationship that the protagonists had in the other Army of Two games, then you won't like Devil's Cartel. It takes a lot of the fun out of the game and tries to be more serious.